Forum › Posts by JCVocke

joined Jul 8, 2013

New Girl said her father told her it was just a cold, but assuming Hospitals in Japan have similar Confidentiality Principles as Hospitals in America it could likely be illegal for New Girl's Father to actually tell his Daughter what the actual Condition is.

last edited at May 30, 2017 6:10PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly as someone who went and studied Art in College like a focken Idiot both of those drawings would have gotten As if they put some thought into how to play them up as stupid pseudo-philosophical Bullshit. Especially Gloom-Faces, cause I mean she already had a Pretentious Title for it.

JCVocke
Opapagoto discussion 08 Dec 02:38
joined Jul 8, 2013

Y'know I've read a lot of Manga which I felt were held back by their insistence on revolving around some ludicrous gimmick when a simple set of characters living a relatively normal life would serve the basic idea better, but this Manga has probably fallen victim to that the most.

It's especially odd considering the Author claimed to like just writing stories with a variety of girls just doing things. Y'know what would help with that? Not having this ridiculous and completely unnecessary premise. If you want to have two girls effectively serving as the 'Mother' and 'Father' for a group of younger kids, how about you just, maybe, have them meet and wind up in those roles instead of some arbitrary force pushing them into that role? Have the mother already be in that role by default, have the Tomboy Girl enter the family after helping one of the younger kids and naturally fall into the role of Father.

Basically I think this Manga would be better if it were less "Lol another silly school Contest type thing that doesn't make any sense at all" and more "Horimiya but with Lesbians".

joined Jul 8, 2013

"So how did you two meet?"
"Oh you know, I met her at my High-School entrance ceremony."
"That sounds nice. Did you wind up in the same class as her?"
"Oh no of course not. I wound up in the same class as Her Son so I asked him to introduce me to her."
"......"

last edited at May 31, 2016 7:27PM

JCVocke
LOVE/DEATH discussion 06 Jul 14:28
joined Jul 8, 2013

And this time it IS my Second Favorite Manga about Psychotic Lesbian Assassins!

And wow, this is two chapters in a row where Blondie has caused actual physical harm because of her lack of understand of what High Fives are.

JCVocke
Love & Hate discussion 01 Jul 19:20
joined Jul 8, 2013

Man I saw this and thought it was an update to my second favorite Manga about Psychotic Lesbian Assassins but nope it was just a normal Yuri Manga about boring old Non-Sociopathic Schoolgirls with no UltraViolence at all.

I'm not saying it was bad.
I was just surprised.

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 7:20PM

JCVocke
joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't think this series is really trying to 'go' anywhere, it's just sorta slice of life ish.
I like it, although partly I think that's just because it seems so rare for there to be a Manga Couple where neither member of the couple is a vastly more competent person than the other in every conceivably possible way. Both of the leads in this Manga seem pretty well balanced against each other.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Between this manga, "Comprehensive Tovarisch", "Flower and Star", and pretty much every single Shoujo Romance I've ever read but with a special mention for "Kaichou wa Maid Sama" for also starting us off with a hyper-competent heroine before putting her up against a love interest who is effortlessly better than everyone at everything everyday always forever I'm seriously starting to wonder if Japanese* Writers all have some horrible allergic reaction to writing couples who are actually, like, y'know, balanced against each other in terms of their abilities; couples where one member is not effortlessly better than the other at everything.

Seriously the only Manga I can think of off the top of my head in the Romance Genre that actually has a balanced pair is probably "Koi Dano Ai Dano"** because Kanoko and Tsubaki are both awesome and takes precisely 0% of anyone's shit. At least in "Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun" Shizuku had her cool-headedness and common sense going for her compared to Haru's off the wall weirdness, but in this one the effortless genius is still the more calm and collected one of the pair.

*This is hardly limited to Japanese Writers don't get me wrong but it seems especially common to me.
**Seriously this is my current favorite manga partly because everyone has something going for them, some legitimate skill that warrants their inclusion in the story or hidden character depths. Even the Ditzy Blond from the prequel has wizened up and displayed her own talents and character beyond "Blond and Cute".

JCVocke
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's like Yandere Kanojo but with Lesbians.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Harsh, but deserved. You can only burn so many bridges before people stop trying to build them.

Also despite the title I find Emi's reaction to be far more Rational than how most characters would act.

JCVocke
Lemonade discussion 12 Feb 21:43
joined Jul 8, 2013

Nice job Keita, I really liked the part where you not-really-apologized for giving her a nickname she absolutely hates, said you would try to be nicer, and then failed miserably at being nicer on literally the next damn page by intentionally calling her that nickname.
And good job Maki, I especially like how you said you would talk to Keita about the nickname and yet apparently haven't said a single god damned thing considering he still uses it when talking to you, even after the above.

Seriously, at this point it's not a nickname, it's not teasing, it's intentional harassment. Just pound his face in and be done with it.

JCVocke
Steps ch01 discussion 28 Jan 13:05
joined Jul 8, 2013

"It just doesn't show on my face" See Also: "I am the Protagonist of a Manga by Takemiya Jin". Note that I'm not complaining, it's actually pretty nice to find someone who can actually write Main Characters who are capable of Calming Down.

last edited at Jan 28, 2014 1:06PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't think this is the end.... That "You'll just have to remember it for yourself" is an obvious next-plot-arc-hook.

JCVocke
joined Jul 8, 2013

That's not true.

For instance, anyone want to hazard a guess as to when the "Men in Black Suits" are going to send someone to 'investigate' the school and try to flush her out of hiding?

No points for guessing how said encounter will inevitably end...