Forum › Posts by lildevilinhell

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

A question to anyone criticizing the subtitles: do you understand the Japanese dialogue well enough that you're able to tell [that / if / when] the anime dialogue is word-for-word the same as the manga dialogue, or are you just comparing the anime subs to the manga scanlation?

(edit: this is really just a question, not intended as an attack or accusation - I'm not familiar enough with the userbase to remember who here knows Japanese and who doesn't. I sure don't, myself.)

Some of us, probably. Though a good part are probably basing of the scanalation.
That being said, when you just listen to what they're saying in the dialogue, it's pretty blatant that they're using the wrong subject and taking some big liberties at times in localization when it's not an actual mess up on their end.

At that point, sometimes it's better not to even look at the sub cause it causes dissonance from what you're hearing. :/
While the main point gets across with the subs most of the time, the mistranslation of subjects was especially bad in episode 3 & 6.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 9:07AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

So anyone care to illuminate the flower meanings in the opening?

https://mellyisbored.wordpress.com/2018/10/15/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-picking-apart-the-opening/
Doesn't contain all of it, and some of it isn't 100% sure. In order to avoid spoiling anime-only people, it just leaves the basic raw info so both manga-readers and anime-only watchers (with the assumption that they watched up to at least episode 2) can make their own inferences.

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 5:51PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

How did you guys do on the finale xD?

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I wonder if Touko would have fallen for Maki had she heard him say this before Yuu.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch07#11

She probably could have. Only thing is Maki wouldn't be nearly as easy going as Yuu with all the affection Touko would shower over him. Considering how he seemed to repulsed at the idea of taking part in the relationship rather than being a spectator.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 10:13AM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Found it
Jp: エデンからの王子様
Ch: 王子來自伊甸園
It looks like it's a non-one shot version.
http://www.comico.jp/challenge/articleList.nhn?titleNo=14922
http://www.webtoons.com/zh-hant/challenge/%E7%8E%8B%E5%AD%90%E4%BE%86%E8%87%AA%E4%BC%8A%E7%94%B8%E5%9C%92/list?title_no=20326

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 6:30PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Ah, it was cute... Can't help but feel sad for Karin, considering she does have feelings for Yuuna.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

And holy shit the only thing I thought of as I read this was its similarities to Love Hina.

Same, the first thing I thought was Love Hina, and I watched that a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

So yeah...

If you feel like reading this

It's a train wreck of various levels and has art that keeps changing as it progresses.

Left to right.

last edited at Sep 6, 2015 2:56AM

lildevilinhell
Nukoduke! discussion 04 Sep 19:12
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Geesh... Every chapter just hits me right in my heart. It's going to be a long wait.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I think it's Opapagoto.

lildevilinhell
Introduce Yourself..? 26 Aug 00:10
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Or maybe girls are more talkative and most guys are creepy lurkers.

Call me creepy but I'm definitely not a lurker.

It's not bad to be a lurker. You get to dig holes and send spikes from underground~ -

lildevilinhell
Introduce Yourself..? 25 Aug 18:14
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I don't know why but when ı heard that most of the users are female I got really jealous.

bro.........I feel the same don't worry.

Or maybe girls are more talkative and most guys are creepy lurkers.

hah isn't that how it goes in real life as well? no surprise lmao

Yes, females are cute girls who enjoy yuri, and guys are creepy lurkers xD Somehow it reminds me of "Yuri Danshi", if anyone knows this manga...I can relate a lot to it.

Curious, why the jealousy?

Dunno about that. I think they are pretty interchangeable for the genders... lol.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Let her be a guy again T-T...

lildevilinhell
Introduce Yourself..? 21 Aug 19:05
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I like yuri.

I get bored easily.

That's some interesting plane action there.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Regarding that pastor who said he'd light himself on fire, he's now saying he didn't mean it literally, I mean geez!

Huge disappointment all around. They don't make martyrs like they used to.

How exactly does one figuratively light themselves on fire?

His hearth is burning with sadness? Or he feels as if he was burn by that decision?

He can always take a photo of himself, and burn it.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I like to think they were smart enough to 'optimize' everything, the shit they'd catch if they left anything would probably be worse.

In my obviously expert opinion.

... Nope. They didn't really fix everything. I'm guessing they mostly likely only fixed the ones that were caught by on by a large amount of people. For example, the Eli SID still is omitting some stuff xD.

EN SID: (Something brief, manly, and strong, like "Lady Honoka, I am by your side." Now I'm just getting carried away.)

JP SID: (Something like, "I'm in love with Honoka-dono. ♡" A samurai-style one-sentence message. It's blunt, but if a handsome man says it then it'll make their heart skip a beat-- Well, that kind of thing only happens in fantasies. ♪)

But then again, it could just mean they are taking their time optimizing the text.

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 1:04PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

^^^
Really? In a way it felt more than just a bone lol. Weirdly enough this episode actually made Reina and Kumiko ACUTAllY feel like best friends than anything else. Compared to the earlier episodes where they were gay as hell lmao. I feel like this is how their friendship should had been represented through the Intired series (how episode 13 showed it). Because honestly if there were to be a season 2 (which I will watch regardless because this anime was great) season two would be strictly about Suichi and Kumiko. I feel though the ending didn't really pair anyone it was clear how the next season was going to be lol. Regardless again I loved the pair but we all know it wasn't meant to be!! But hell was it awesome!! Went down proud and happy. Def wish that yuri mangakas or for future yuri shows they learn from these two pairs!! I would love to have a serious yuri anime with this type of character development and relationship! :D

Well, if I place it in comparison to all those Reina and Kumiko scenes, it felt like a bone. Friendship can coexist with romance ^-^ , it would be sorta of suffocating if they always act romantic to each other xD (in my opinion).

Yup, if it went second season, the ship may really sink ^-^'...

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Man... that made me nervous.

Not the pairing stuff... but before and during the performance. It felt like I was back in school band again x_x... Even though I knew the end result would be, it still made me feel like I was about to go play.

Pairing-wise, it felt like they just threw a bone for Shuuichi's sake and then returned to Reina + Kumiko lol.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

It only gets more miserable when you start to try to panel things. -rolls in despair-

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Well.. for anyone who wants to see the preview for the new episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlpIj6kwA54
Yeah...I don't know what to say about that. :/

Hooray for Kumiko's ponytail!

Shuuichi might actually do something important for once this time o.o.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

How much chapters left? All characters have their own version? And what is this exactly, audio drama?

Two more chapters. Yes. It's a light novel that goes more into the character's point of view toward certain points of the story. This is also written by the same person who wrote the story for the manga.

Thanks for sharing the translations!

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 1:33AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Norainhere

What did people think of episode 12? I mean there weren't really any more yuri moments but I like how KyoAni totally had the chance to put in a Kumiko/Shuuichi moment right there but they totally didn't! I'm pretty sure there won't be a het ending now, at the very least.

Yeah, I think the way they put the Kumiko/Shuuichi moments were sort of emphasizing the distance between the two rather than implying they are getting closer. Even the parts they practiced seemed to be playing separate parts during the river scene, while Kumiko/Reina played the parts together on the same lines.

Then once again when Kumiko/Shuuichi were shouting at each other about who wants to improve more, they are again separated by the roads. In some ways, indicating the difference in their feelings toward music. Shuuichi is now where Kumiko was in the past. Now Kumiko is where Reina was in the past.

HypocriticalLiar

I was wondering about the last bit in episode 12. What was Reina saying to Kumiko? The place I watched it only subbed Kumiko gloating about getting the Euphonium keychain thingy...Reina seemed hung up about something? Was it what Taki-sensei said? Or was it "What do you mean you were alone with Taki-sensei?" The only parts I got were those where she was saying Kumiko's name lol.

"Kumiko. What did you just say? Hey. You were alone with Sensei- hold on a minute, hey, Kumiko! Kumiko. Kumiko!" Seems like she was concerned what she meant by she was alone with Taki."

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Is it just me... or is some of the MAL people comments in Hibike Euphonium discussions about yuri really blood boiling sometimes? Don't know why some of the comments feel like it's somewhat insulting yuri fans.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Flashback chapters are like that.
If you simply lie down and expect yuri action,
one moment they'll suddenly
-bam- get released out of nowhere.
And once you've figured out that you're reading a flashback chapter, it's already too late.

Dat reference o.o

The next chapters might get pretty depressing from the looks of it, or start off fluffy then turn stone cold...

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

lildevilinhell:
Lurking on the japanese comico for Fluttering Feelings. Seems people are still like "Wait... this is yuri?" xD and others are like "Some of you are dense to not notice this by now."

So I take it you read Japanese?

But yeah, the Japanese FF readers are basically where the English-reading FF community was 3 months ago, because their latest chapter is 28, while we are already at chapter 39.

Some people really don't now how nice we have it.

FF on Korean Comico: http://comico.toast.com/titles/85
FF on Japanese Comico: http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=4414

BTW, notice the insane amount of hearts for FF on the Japanese Comico.

I can read kana for the most part. Only issue is with kanji, a few of them I just recognize instantly cause I see them really often though most of them I need a dictionary. At those times I usually rely on google translate to sound out the word for me or the romaji. I wouldn't read a japanese light novel unless I'm really into the characters or story lol or maybe if it was an ebook or something so I can copy and paste.

Yup. It's pretty neat how much effort ssamba put to make the panels work for the Japanese version, even the sound effects too.