Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chapter 20 was a proposal isn't it? And Hana-chan basically accepted.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was underwhelming.

But then, it was published in Zero-Sum Ward, which doesn't do yuri. Only Shoujo and Josei.

I have a hunch it got poor ratings, most probably because author wasn't free to do yuri.

PS: just noticed that Ichijinsha owns both Comic Yuri Hime and Zero-Sum Ward. Meaning, they never intended it to be yuri, or they would have published it in CYH.

last edited at Aug 9, 2018 5:05AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess it can be considered an extra because it wasn't in the magazine, but only at the end of the tank.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_letter_for_the_marching_puppy_ch01#27

"The cadet academy is a training school for army officials". So there. For officers.

In short, it's a high school preparing young girls for military college.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The main character isn't a "yuri". If only, she would be interested, eventually, by the ex-delinquent biker.

Only the Kabbadi sempai is actually somewhat gay.

It seems they actually became a couple in the next few manga chapters.
And yeah, Kabbadi girl is gay 100% and she use the kabbadi mostly as a way to grope girls (And she passed this curse to the biker's smaller sister, we still don't know what danger it may create)

This post should probably be spoiler tagged (as I've done above).

Chio and Andou are dating as of the latest chapter. The manga ends next month, so it's likely that it's the end pairing (even though I was secretly rooting for Manana this whole time ;_;)

That has been obvious for a while that the author pushed for that pairing. Chio has become more conscious of him

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Damn, this place is so fascistic, I hate it.

What part of "Military school" is unclear to you? Discipline is the basic of the army.

This school looks more like a "future officers school" than a school for grunts though. It's pretty tame actually. Teaching them maths, literature, history, science, etc... is pretty useless if you only intend to send them on some war front.

Still, I wonder if they will see combat, or the death of their comrades.

For now, it's just a pseudo-historic military twist on a classic highschool setting. Cute, but I hope it's more than that.

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 4:50AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

elevown posted:

Can anyone explain why the Kodama exclamations? What does it mean? As far as I know Kodama are those little white spirit yokai men thingies of Japanese legend.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#2
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#3

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 1:49PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This remains consistently surreal and hilarious with even a bit of twisted social commentary thrown in for added dark laughs.

Strangely, I don't find it hilarious.

It makes its points in a surreal manner as you said, but I think it's a really serious manga.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, you could say the same thing about yaoi manga.

Like yuri, It's really niche and doomed to a late night slot on TV. Few anime companies are willing to take the risk.

I don't think it's fair, because het romance gets a lot more screentime, but knowing the state of society in Japan and of the anime industry in general, it's hardly surprising.

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 7:59AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I miss this manga. It was perfect to me. It deserves an anime but isn't lewd or controversial enough to get one.

Yeah, yuri manga don't really get anime unless A) they're aimed at straight men, or B) they portray a clearly deviant or unhealthy relationship to implicitly support the cultural belief that sapphic romance is deviant and unhealthy.

Not sure "Bloom Into You" fits your framework.

And yet, it's getting an anime.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Am I the only one to find the art creepy? There's something off with the faces and the proportions of the bodies. I've seen worse, but this is somewhat uncomfortable.

As for what I think about this, I already said it on the first comment page. 8 chapters later, it didn't change.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This manga is all kind of awesome.

A DICK IN A TURTLENECK, FFS!

Genius!

PS: I wonder why people here are unable to see beyond "cut off dicks? Ewww, gross/weird". There's so much more in this manga.

Like the het relationships? Yeah, that's definitely a lot more to this manga

Who cares about het? This site is for showcasing manga the staff deems to be worthy of interest. They obviously like yuri more than the rest, but they are not closed-minded. If you seek a haven where only yuri is shown, make your own reader.

And I don't feel threatened by heterosexual relationships, or even dicks.

As for this being "unrealistic", it's clearly not the point. It all works on a symbolic level. And I find the latest chapters, about how guys feel about their dick and about the girl learning how dicks work, quite meaningful and thought provoking.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This manga is all kind of awesome.

A DICK IN A TURTLENECK, FFS!

Genius!

PS: I wonder why people here are unable to see beyond "cut off dicks? Ewww, gross/weird". There's so much more in this manga.

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 3:51PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Seeing the doujins of this author, I feel like she must be itching to get more explicit, but can't because it's not "that kind of publication".

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So lewd.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So much friendship.

When they will be married, their kids will play together.

last edited at Aug 4, 2018 3:27AM

Nya-chan
LilyHara! discussion 02 Aug 10:08
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The supervisor girl is doomed to be bullied, because she's still weak-willed.

And once again, it ends abruptly.

Kodama Naoko is a premature ejaculator writer.

When the author given 10-20 pages in a massive anthology, it's pretty fucking stupid to blame them for the story's abrupt ending.

10-20 pages is plenty for a oneshot to tell a satisfying story.

Kodama Naoko loves soap-opera drama, but seem to be unable to let it untangle gently, or believably.

Nya-chan
LilyHara! discussion 02 Aug 06:58
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The supervisor girl is doomed to be bullied, because she's still weak-willed.

And once again, it ends abruptly.

Kodama Naoko is a premature ejaculator writer.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The mother dumped the father because she realized she was a lesbian (too).

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

First loves never work out.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I still don't know what this manga wants to be about.

Two girls being Gal pals?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Fujishiro is going to be bullied now I bet.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Actually, the whole thing is a metaphor of course. You have to think beyond the absurdity.

Off the top of my head, it's a reversal: objectification of men, reduced to their sexual organ, much like women are often reduced to their breasts and vagina.

Men will say "I'm more than a dick!" and that these girls are horrible.

Well, you see: women are more than boobs and vaginas.

The statement in there is probably deeper and more multi-layered than you think.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So... two idiots.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The nurse is a cunt.

Ever heard of medical confidentiality?