Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

venom posted:

That was weird.

What's the point of going to school if you already have a stable job you enjoy?

some people just want to finish it/get a better education. My grandfather did that a few years ago and hes retired (i dont remember if it was highschool or collage though)

Sure... a retired grandfather attending high school.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, in my country, it's mandatory to go to school until at least 16. Not that the government will let you down, but past 16, no school is obligated to take you (unless you fork some money) or you can make your case that it was totally not your fault (long illness, bad parenting, etc...). So, a 23 years old, -working- highschooler is really unlikely.

Here, I think it's just an absurd twist added in to poke fun at the age gap trope.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was weird.

What's the point of going to school if you already have a stable job you enjoy?

Nya-chan
Lily Marble discussion 23 Sep 08:22
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, she says she "likes him". For some people, that's reason enough.

If we want to get full interpretation, Hikari's going out with a married man as some unconscious self-punishment, because she's afraid of her feeling toward Moe, as a desperate self-reaffirmation of her heterosexuality when she actually has doubts about it, but at the same time, since it's a "doomed" relationship that won't amount to anything (he keeps his wedding ring on, which she obviously interprets as him not going to divorce for her), it actually saves her from commitment with a "real" boyfriend, leaving her available should things evolve differently with Moe.

They are obviously both (not really) subtly trying to get out of the friend zone, but it's a tortuous, or even torturous, process.

They will get there. Eventually.

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 8:22AM

Nya-chan
Lily Marble discussion 23 Sep 05:48
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

johnb posted:

Why do women let themselves get tangled up with married men!? It's not like there is a damn shortage of single men.

Because some women like the thrill of it, or "taking a man from another woman" reinforces their self-confidence about being better than others.

Or because not all women seek commitment (or are already committed) and having a married man is a way to lessen the possibility of him sticking to her.

Or because he seduced her and she hopes he will leave his wife for her.

There's plenty of valid reasons. But someone is probably bound to be hurt.

I'm not sure I'd call any of those reasons valid.

You're not them.

Nya-chan
Lily Marble discussion 23 Sep 05:13
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

Why do women let themselves get tangled up with married men!? It's not like there is a damn shortage of single men.

Because some women like the thrill of it, or "taking a man from another woman" reinforces their self-confidence about being better than others.

Or because not all women seek commitment (or are already committed) and having a married man is a way to lessen the possibility of him sticking to her.

Or because he seduced her and she hopes he will leave his wife for her.

There's plenty of valid reasons. But someone is probably bound to be hurt.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I actually ship Marie and Mel.

Master is creepy.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

mei is waifu posted:

Do men use watashi? I've seen gay guys using ''boku" but never "watashi".

It was just an easy way for the author to get their point across: he's probably gay or a girl inside.

It's a yuri manga, not a bara manga. The author doesn't care about how real gays speak.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, the whole thing is actually a trap by "Satan". To make money off of Jimi and Kurt, even when they are dead. Make them sellouts beyond the grave.

Who cares about the jacked in people? They'd just be puppets with no role to play.

That's pretty evil and really in the style of a devil.

Reminds me of Phantom of the Paradise: those who contest the system get swallowed and digested back by it.

last edited at Sep 22, 2018 9:34AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After thinking a while about this couple, how they are presented, it's totally logical that they break up after a while. They are not on the same page at all about what they expect from a relationship.

Miwa wants to be in love and committed, Saeko wants to have a fun relationship and doesn't want to think about love or commitment: it may come, or not, but that's not the core of what she wants or needs.

Miwa is insecure and Saeko is taking her into a whirlwind of new experiences, without asking how she feels about it.

They are so different that it's nearly impossible to make it work long term.

Meaning that if they find someone else who matches their expectations, their relationship will fall apart, hurting one or both in the process.

But it's life and if I were in their shoes, I'd go out too, because if you don't try, you never succeed.

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 9:36AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's not dumb.

It's a 4-koma and as such, a light comedy and nothing serious will come out of it.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"You're a girl, act like it!"

Uuh... how about she acts the way she feels more comfortable with?

Chidori, why you so controlling?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol, it's the Bakarina of yuri.

Building a harem with being none the wiser.

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 5:48AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Squee!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Unexpected(ly)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The way I see it, Kaoru's love for Michelle was too heavy for her.

As someone with a fear of abandonment, she preferred to abandon first and get with someone (the sugar daddy) who probably didn't pretend to love her, but was actually mainly interested in her sexually. It was more her comfort zone to not have expectations.

From Kaoru's side of the story, he made a lot of efforts to make their relationship work, but ultimately, Michelle ran away. Happens to a lot of people. A relationship has staying power only if everyone works at it equally.

All in all, it's a slice of life of two otokonoko and nothing much more.

Still thinking that the mother is the real MVP.

Nya-chan
Mousou Envy discussion 13 Sep 09:24
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, this does not even remotely qualify as rape. This is just some immoral woman trying to cruelly manipulate her friend into whoring herself for a roof over her head.

And this is also a trashy lazy woman leeching on her junior to have a free room and free lunches.

And free sex also, since she doesn't seem to hate it at all. After all, the "threat" of kicking her out can be thought as some kind of play.

I don't feel Keiko is the one losing out here.

In short, they are both guilty.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, are they still together or not? Not that I care, but I'm confused by the comments here.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Is the topic of girlyboys (aka otokonoko) in fashion in Japan at the moment?

The way I see it, the school they attend specifically allows boys and girls to dress with either uniform. Hence, why Mogumo moved to be closer from this school.

We still haven't seen the helper of Mogumo (which may be a girl, a boy, or an otokonoko or whatever).

Anyway, I just can't feel the hype reading this. It's just like Prunus Girl with more questions about gender identity. And less lesbians. And more pseudo drama.

He doesn't want to be either a girl or a boy. But then he's shown as a 100% (flat) cute girl, because "he likes cute clothes". At this point, what makes him NOT a girl externally? How are people supposed to guess that he doesn't want to be considered a girl?

It's like the author makes the whole cast of "girlyboys" really easy to trigger, while the main male lead seem to be the reasonable one (and the bro, but he's a grown up).

This manga is actually everything that is wrong about how gender is perceived in Japan or elsewhere. Everyone is cute and look just like a girl, but by the fiat of the theme, they are actually "boys" (at least genetically).

And the male MC is just some self-insert placeholder with no personality to speak of. The "generic nice guy", like the MC in Prunus Girl, which will eventually fall for the ambiguously gendered character.

About gender identity, Hourou Musuko is a lot more inclusive and well done.

Nya-chan
Mousou Envy discussion 11 Sep 14:28
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Everyone feels differently about sex. Obviously, I won't condemn someone who feels it's like eating or sleeping.

However it takes two (at least) to have sex, and there's huge potential for misunderstanding, hurt and unbalanced relationships.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

How do you even send a letter in a post-apocalyptic world?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Bonba366278 posted:

When will you have more chapters posted?

NEVAR!

Nya-chan
Mousou Envy discussion 10 Sep 15:52
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, putting sex on the same level as mowing the lawn is taking away a lot from the emotional aspect of it. It's a bit overkill.

I mean some people may be able to put it on the same level, but that's a bit sad.

Sempai seems to be casual about sex, but I don't think she would do it with the MC if she hated it. And on page 17, the author specifically showed that she accepted her.

So, no harm done, no victim here. Except morals (but who cares about those?)

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Boom, het ending.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's not like I'm into yuri or anything.