Forum › Posts by Phyis

Phyis Moderator
Prism discussion 17 Mar 10:33
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Some of his images were traced (i.e. copied with slight adjustments) from popular photographs. Caused a minor scandal which effectively killed the series.

And seriously, I never got the hype surrounding Prism.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It means their model was shit. Microsoft points approach for stuff you can only read online, confusing webdesign like you're walking into a candy store and the only series they picked up (at least on the yuri side) was stuff that has been scanlated for years now and except for maybe Poor Poor Lips, they didn't even get beyond what was already scanlated in the case of uncompleted stories.

I will (and have) happily buy translated works to show my support. I'm not buying a lease on old digital content I only have limited access to (and fat load of good that lock-in bullshit did).

What jmanga did was two things: shown that yuri is more popular than a lot of people think, considering those series were pretty much consistently their best sells. And, with their great "Hey thanks for all your money. Have fun with your rental until May 30, then kindly fuck off" approach, scare people off from ever investing money into such a black box again. Both are good things in my book.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012
Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

There is another chapter, the extra I was talking about. It's currently in editing. Should be released next week sometime.

last edited at Mar 9, 2013 3:04PM

Phyis Moderator
Please Help 08 Mar 12:50
Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I made a slight mistake on page 6 while fixing another. Ris has updated the archive on makimaki so if someone from the staff could just swap this chapter out with the updated one, that'd be great.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I have the raw you're talking about as well, considering I'm the person who scanned it in the first place. And named it chapter 5 back then because we still distinguished between magazine and web chapters at that point.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Yeah and this chapter is actually the 4.5!!!!

No it's not, it's exactly what it says on the tin.

last edited at Mar 6, 2013 10:34PM

Phyis Moderator
Stay Tune discussion 02 Mar 22:05
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Ah now I remember what I was thinking of. There is a one page thing in the Ameiro volume 2 tank where the two have been going out for a while. Arise surprise-moves into Hinako's place and the latter laments that she won't have an opportunity now to cheat on her girlfriend. Kinda annoyed me.

Phyis Moderator
Stay Tune discussion 02 Mar 20:48
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Wasn't there a conclusion for this though? I vaguely remember it coming out around the time Miyabi put the lid on Amber Teahouse.

Phyis Moderator
Continue It Please 02 Mar 16:12
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Its the readers that give you business, not your personal preference. -

On the contrary. This is a non-profit reader and most scanlator works are non-profit as well, so personal preference is precisely the currency we deal in. Demanding from people to sacrifice their free time one something they are not interested in based on an unjustified feeling of entitlement in is the best way to turn people away from doing this. If you want to see this translated so badly, maybe "the readers" should actually start giving some "business" and ask a translator who works on commission.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Click on your name in the bar at the top.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Going by art styles, Benjamin is what would happen to Suga if he snapped, developed a fetish for toilets and got ink on discount. Even his series in Dolce, which is as tame a yuri anthology as you can imagine, is completely batshit and looks like a Rorschach test. But compared to this you can actually tell what the fuck is going on half the time.

last edited at Feb 26, 2013 9:36PM

Phyis Moderator
Kase-san discussion 24 Feb 23:32
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Actually, no. We have three more chapters and the series is apparently still ongoing in Hirari. But the arc is finished, now it's a more slice-of-life-ish kind of deal about the two.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I'm highly proficient in adding cocks to yuri. I got you covered.

Now I feel tempted to track down Happy Jets raws.

last edited at Feb 24, 2013 6:21PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Is this story has the next chapter. I never see manga vol.2 of this one.

The story is serialized in Rakuen, is up to 10 chapters now and still ongoing as far as I know. Hope I got your question(?) right.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I sure wish they weren't publishing in JPG format.

Those are public raws with typesetting slapped on, the dust patterns and artifacts are completely identical. So I guess this is less of a conscious publishing decision and more just hitting the save button.

Still, I hope this isn't just a one-off between some buddies and they'll actually do the rest.

Phyis Moderator
New series! 20 Feb 06:14
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

@sholum: Most of the second volume was released as webcomic, so it's easy to find. I think the old thread on YP is still live with links to all of them, so go dig there if you want them. The last chapter however is tank exclusive as far as I know.

@Mich: Sorry, I just realized I went full retard and didn't notice the smudge on the glass when I scanned these. There's a dot near the bottom of most pages. It's usually on white space or on easy tones from what I've seen skimming over them so it shouldn't take more than a second to clean in those instances. But tell me if you want to have something rescanned.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

On the series page, chapter 49 is sorted into April Fools instead of Volume 9.

Question on volume 7: there's an interview beetween Ikeda and another managka. I don't find it. Does anyone has it? Has it been translated?

Don't think so. Maybe ask Ris if she wants to translate it.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

No, Sweet Desire (and Sweet Temptation, it's prequel) is part of the collection "Koi no Kaori" (The Smell of Love)

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Payapaya recently did.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Next week. In a few days, hopefully.

last edited at Feb 17, 2013 4:57PM

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Those aren't series, they are chapters of the same licensed series: http://www.jmanga.com/haru-natsu-aki-fuyu

Phyis Moderator
New series! 16 Feb 14:07
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Sent it, I hope. Trying to log in again gmail wants a phone verification which I won't do for a throwaway account. So just let me know here whether you got it.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I still haven't gotten much experience with the latter series, simply having watched the OVA

You should change that, they are fun little stories and fairly short, so unlike a lot of visual novels it's not a huge time commitment, maybe 2 hours per title.