Forum › Posts by Wtv

Wtv
Izetta The Last Witch 25 Feb 19:32
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

What opinions?
Izetta is alive and fine (well, in a wheelchair). The photo Fine looks have Izetta smiling and it was clearly taken after the last episode since it shows the castle being rebuild or something.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I actually think AnoKiss would do better as an anime because there would be a lot of finished stories. Bloom Into You will just end before anything happens again and be ignored as much other yuri series.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Forget getting in the way of yuri. If the guy really said all that, he's an asshole for a lot of reasons.

Wtv
Fuyu Master discussion 24 Feb 13:11
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The whole pun about the winter part is that Kaede's name uses the kanji for autumn, by the way.

I'm really worried about Kaede's fate given the game's OP.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I can think of a couple Visual novels that feature one or more major characters with disabilities, but they're both strictly het.

I know the thread is old, but...
A yuri VN would be Flowers. She's even the protagonist in the second one.

Wtv
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 13:47
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Sorry but this looks like HORRIBLE writing. At least for Mei. She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision? It has nothing to do with the Academy. It is only to please what she thinks her grandfather wants...WITHOUT EVERY TALKING TO HIM ABOUT IT! I mean what the fuck? She never asked him "Do I have to marry some random guy you chose for me?" Nope. Just a good submissive Japanese wife. God forbid she gets any character development. No. Wont happen. Her fiance will see her ring, make the connection with Yuzu and tell her she does not have to marry him. She wont act herself. Others have to do it for her like it has always been.

I'll forgive Saburouta if the ending is a joke, like:
Yuzu: But gramps, I love her. I want to marry her.
Mei's grandfather: Is that so? Ok, then, that's fine, go ahead. Why no one told me that before?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I think Mochi became more like a meme now, and that's why it's hard for me to like it, while the internet seems to love her (like happens with most meme). I do agree that More Than Friends is her best work, but she's not going back to it. Her humour now is about being cringe and weird, as well as relying on inside jokes, what is fine if you like it, but, eh...

That's even more evident if we compare her works with Tamamusi things, who can make great comedy even on just one page.

Wtv
Anime season 13 Feb 13:04
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

How did that come about? I totally got the impression they were a couple - anyone else?

Yeah, I think everyone would think that.

Wtv
Anime season 10 Feb 13:59
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Serenata posted:

I thought takunomi was about drunk girls or just having a nice time together but is just propaganda like the ramen otaku antisocial girl.

Okay this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than antisocial ramen girl hahaha
https://i.imgur.com/MidUbUF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QCsb43f.jpg
Still is mostly propaganda TwT

Will they go back to talk about finding boyfriends in the next episode, tho?

Wtv
Anime season 08 Feb 17:34
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Thanks!

It seems fairly decent. Solid direction, not too ugly, characters are tolerable. Probably going to be one of the better installments

please have hand to hand combat!!! PLEASE?

Well, last Kira Kira episode, Cure Yell showed up kicking up everything, so probably.
The first fight was fast, though.

But looks great, regardless.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bQwqFv-0Q

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 5:35PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I can't remember how Wife and Wife altered its "fufu", but this is the base phrase with kanji: "未来の夫婦ですけど?" I believe.

夫婦 is actually "fuufu". Wife and wife uses "fu fu", taking out the extra "u" from husband and leaving it with hiragana. This one manga actually uses "fuufu", tho, but hiragana only, so the "husband" kanji isn't there.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, if what I read about the game is true, the dating part should actually have been well written, since they should make you care before the twist.
Otherwise you just won't care.
So I guess if you don't care about the dating sim part, maybe it's not worth it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

V3 felt like a huge middle finger to me tbh.

If that makes you feel better, the japanese hated it, and next game will probably flop because of that (if they even make one).
West loved it, though.

I was a big fan of the series, but saw spoilers about V3 and decided it was time to stop. It's not on the same level as the previous ones. Those are pretty cheap twists.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Still felt weird and shorter than it actually is, but it's a step up from the last one. And I still love this artist's artstyle.

This story is older, tho. The last one was on the last month edition from YH. This one was from last year.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

God..After she know that two peoples love her ..I hope she choose quick -.- I hate it when they play ''friends'' like nothing was happend.

How much chance of that happening is there? It'd basically be over right then and there. No doubt there's going to be a bit of back and forth (depending on the amount of chapters this has...)

Next chapter is the last one.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I don't know what source the translation is being made from, by the way, but I heard the original chinese source is censored, with the kids between two girls being removed. The game itself suffer from lot of censures in China, but japanese and SEA versions seems to be safe from it.

Chances are not everyone here plays the game so this might be an useful reference to explain the setting etc. (Both the timeline and the relevant character entries spoil this manhwa tho...)

I'm actually playing since some weeks ago, but the setting is really confused and they don't try to explain much, so that helps me, too.

Btw, the lolis are all gay LoL, and one is a legal loli.

I mean, my problem isn't really the lolis, but how the comments are all kinda of waifuing and such. What's fine, I won't try to stop then, but I would rather not read it. Are japanese and SEA versions different, by the way?

Wtv
Anime season 01 Feb 04:37
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I loved one of the side couples more than the main

Side couples is the reason why I consider giving it another chance eventually. I just really hated the main couple.

Wtv
Anime season 31 Jan 22:31
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

No ofense taken. And, well, I did watch it literally last year. I'm sure I would've liked it better if I watched it ten years ago, considering the kind of thing I watched then.
I also tried to watch Strawberry Panic recently and didn't got past episode 2. I guess most old animes just aren't for me.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Fun game, wish I could silence that chat in-game, tho. Kinda tired of reading people talking about lolis.

Wtv
Anime season 31 Jan 17:23
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Just to be clear, I don't think it's a waste of time watching it because of some interesting things, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even people who are not yuri fans, because to me there's just too much flaws for that. Of course, opinions are different, but I can just judge with my own vision. I think both series suffer from pacing and having way too much episodes than they should. Mai-Hime's flaws is to be slow. The story starts to get interesting after some ten episodes, before that it's pretty much pointless episodes and fanservice. By the way, that reminds me, the series was clearly not aimed at girls, you don't put tentacles and naked girls in series aimed at girls. Not that this is a problem, I just remember you implied that in the text. The second part of Hime is actually good, but people have to suffer to get there.

Mai Otome what killed it was the romance, yeah, not because it was het, but because it took 1/3 of the series in a melodrama typical of soap operas, with something that was supposed to be an action series, and it brought literally nothing to Arika's character or development. I would probably hate it even if Sergay was a girl. The sequel OVAs were actually pretty fun, what makes me sad, because that was what the series could be.
I really didn't like anything about the prequel OVAs, but still.

Just to correct something, but Sergay and Nina are supposed to be a couple in the OVAs. Arika makes a point that them didn't have sex yet, but they implied they would do eventually. It's just that they wanted Nina fighting there, so...

Mai Hime and Mai Otome to me is kinda like Re:Creators, an anime that I really liked the ending, but I can't recommend to anyone because 90% of it is "Exposition - the anime".
So, just to be clear, my biggest problem with the series are writing flaws, not the lack of yuri. I just focused on that point here because that was what was brought, and people think about the anime as "yuri anime", for some reason, what is wrong.

By the way, Natsuki accepting Shizuru's confession offscreen was pretty much retcon made by the authors because of fan reaction. Not that this is bad, but her intention was clearly not that in the anime itself.

Wtv
Anime season 31 Jan 13:57
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As far as I know, Kirito doesn't appear at all. Since it's the writer of KnT, I don't really expect any yuri, or any romance at all, though.

One interesting thing about 3hz is that they're one of the few studios that haven't done any harem or cheap fanservice series so far, and I keep wondering how long it'll last. All their series are pretty decent in some way, even when quality is low, so it's funny how they got probably the most decent SAO spin-off.
Well, I would still rather see something else by them, but working on a big name will be good for them, and it seems like something that works for the studio's style.

Wtv
Anime season 30 Jan 06:02
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Oh, the thing about the lap dance is in the OVA, that are prequel. Funny enough they bait the two main girls together there, what is pretty stupid because we know one of them is Arika's mother. Mai Otome does have some yuri and ShizNat do kinda of have some relationship there, but there's a catch. The whole premise of Mai Otome is that they fight using some nanomachines that'll stop working if they have sex with a man. So the yuri is by convenience more than anything, and it's really just used for fanservice while all the drama is het, with them going as far as saying they have to choose between their duty or their "happiness as a woman", that would be relationship with a man.
Even the ShizNat thing is annoying because aside from the show never actually acknowledging it, there's some NTR thing when Shizuru ends up in the bed with the female villain that's obsessed by her. So I guess even if you end up liking that ship in the first season, the result wouldn't be better.

The story does have some good action when it's not being stupid, what is a shame. If they cut the crush Arika had on Sergey, it would be a way better anime. And that crush just exist for Arika to question if she wants to be an Otome or marry the man she loves. She had no chance, as Sergey end up in a romantic relationship with his underage adopted daughter, anyway.

Anyway, about Release the Spyce, Takahiro did say in an interview: "As it's a Namori work, certain elements are to be expected.", as well as: "There won't be any major male characters".

Wtv
Anime season 29 Jan 18:36
Wtv
Anime season 29 Jan 16:53
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I didn't know where else to say this but Mai Hime is really awful for a yuri series... This probably was said a million times before but I can't believe it was one of the most famous and popular yuri animations out there... I should've left it "on hold" forever.

When I was at chapter 11 I decided to contact a friend to ask "where's the yuri? I'm getting a fucking tons of het and cheap ecchi" and he only said "It's shit" so I jumped to chapter 18 and what do I get? more het... And it seems like there will be yaoi too up ahead. Words can not express my disappointment well enough, I don't care about the ending (I deleted the whole series) at this point... Mai Hime should never be recommended to fans of yuri, that's a cruel joke and I had 4 days without internet, I almost watched the whole thing.

It's a product of a time where yuri was almost non-existent, so people would get whatever they could. There's a canon lesbian that I'm sure was supposed to just be a cheap villain, but was well received by the public, so they redeemed her. She's like a less cool Homura. The series actually had some interesting concepts and from time to time it would actually gets good, a little. The whole if you lose, the one you love will disappear did gave some pretty nice drama. It made the het triangle in an interesting melodrama in the end when winning meant the guy would die.

Unfortunaly everyone revived in the end, making the whole series useless.

Mai-Otome starts as a way better series, but soon they make Arika fall in love with the grown up Tate, and it just becomes shit from there. I won't even start with the OVAs, where they make the only lesbian character make lap dances the drunk old men.

I don't recommend Mai Hime and Mai Otome to no one, no because it's not yuri, but because it's not that good. I was worried Izetta would be bad because it's the same writer, but it's a way better series, even with its problems.

Mai Hime was relevant in the past. Nowadays you have a lot more to choose from.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Rather than dismissing criticism, I was trying to challenge the people that have been wanting the story to progress in an unrealistic fashion and betraying what the story has built up so far. There were also comments here that suggested the story wasn't realistic at all, since Uta is boring, or that Kaoru has amnesia (which we've seen isn't actually amnesia, but a card she's pretending to dish out to avoid confrontation), or that Reiichi supposedly showed no signs of cheating, or that Reiichi deserves some sort of divine punishment for cheating, or that Kaoru should straight up slap that grade A bitch and dump him for Uta right away, etc.

I personally am enjoying the story despite its slow pace and build-up. People are expressing lots of frustration towards it, and there's nothing wrong with it (why would there be, lol). There are plenty of reasons to dislike the story, the characters, the setting - everything, and I'm not trying to discredit others by pointing out its realistic. I'm trying to argue against the people that are expecting unrealistic things to come, and those that don't think this is realistic just because Uta can't get over her feelings quick enough, or that Kaoru hasn't suddenly turned gay for her.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Reiichi cheating on Kaoru is too convenient to ignore in this kind of storyline. It could happen in real life? Maybe. But we can't dismiss the fact that the author put it there as a way to solve Uta's unrequited feelings eventually, what would hardly happens in real life. I mean, this is a yuri manga on a yuri magazine, so we know Kaoru will end up falling for Uta eventually, but that's pretty unlikely to happen outside fiction. Finding out that your husband is cheating on you and falling in love with your sister in law who happens to be years younger than you and also of your same gender isn't the kind of story you can find everyday. And that's why it's interesting, and I won't judge the author to make it, but it's taking too long to get to something we know will happen.

An actually realistic story would be Uta giving up on Kaoru completely and ended up with another girl. Maybe helping her sister in law with her bad marriage in the process. But we know that's not how it's gonna be, the story has been pretty predicable so far. And that's the problem. It's not really realistic, it's just slow. You might think the pacing is realistic, sure, but even if something take days to happen, we don't need to see all of the process, even less when the story start to repeat itself, what I should say, is considered a writing flaw.

So, in short, what I mean is, maybe rushing the development is bad, but the author should have a grasp to show us just what need to be shown, and keeping the sense that the time is passing, instead of showing every uneventful day of their lifes.

This was the most popular new manga in YH. On a recent poll made by a japanese yuri site, it ranked behind Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto Desu. So I guess like with NTR, people just lose interest when the story starts to repeat itself.