joined Dec 12, 2016

Act 3 Raw

It's gotta be her brother/cousin

This is manga, that changes nothing.

Cannibal
Korean Yuri Manga 23 Nov 14:47
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The only Lezhin series I dropped, turned into cliche hentai rape fantasy bullshit.

last edited at Nov 23, 2017 3:22PM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 21 Nov 19:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So we are wrong because someone on 4chan has a different theory with no basis in what we have seen? Alright.

If for no basis you mean the themes of the entire series, yeah.

No, I mean that we have not once seen any of the rich girls wish to be like Yuzu. None of them even seem displeased by their arranged marriages. Mei had decided her own path volumes ago and agreed to inherit the school instead of following her father's path when given the choice by her grandfather.

These themes that everyone wants to live like Yuzu has no basis in the story that we have seen.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 21 Nov 10:47
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You guys are getting it wrong. This is towards developing the rich girls' personal arcs rather than Yuzu and Mei's relationship (that is pretty developed by now anyways). As it was pointed out in /a/ out all the places

The deal with the fiances is likely going to turn out irrelevant. A big theme in the series, and big part of the MCs character, is going against imposed nonsensical rules and doing what you want.
Every single important girl in the story admires Yuzu for that, and secretly (some openly) want to be like her.
So, I think the deal with the fiances is likely a hurdle to be overcome by the girls, so that they can become masters of their own lives.

So we are wrong because someone on 4chan has a different theory with no basis in what we have seen? Alright.

Cannibal
Anime season 12 Nov 02:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Holy fruits basket Kefla is annoying

Like every single fusion.

Cannibal
Anime season 09 Nov 01:26
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Does anyone actually expect U6 to get erased permanently?

No, since Vageta said he would wish it back.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

19 chapters over 8 years and still waiting to see the yuri.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 5:03PM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Its the new tenant, Hotaru moved out. During her "pregnancy trip" she was checking out a new place to live.

Cannibal
Pulse discussion 03 Nov 15:39
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Beautiful ending, only problem is the gaping pothole of the contract and them never once talking about the break up. Really wished that would have been resolved.

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 02 Nov 11:53
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Edit: Just to clarify, since I realised I should have quoted more of your post, to put it into context, her letting her inside was perfectly realistic. Some people, and I kind of suspect Emi probably has shades of this, cling to their love interests to the point they will accept any kind of social interaction, and they will even take their lovers back, if presented with the opportunity. Many people would tell Mayu to go fuck herself, but as I said, you would be surprised at the number of people who would not.

And a few would have pulled out a knife and murdered them on the spot, doesn't make it realistic.

I'm not sure how this follows. The fact that some would be hostile doesn't invalidate that some wouldn't, therefore it's an option that really happens.

So literally everything that doesn't break the laws of physics can be considered realistic? Well, there goes another descriptive word in the "pointless" pile.

Not here, though, since she is not presented as such character.

Why not? Some people just snap. It would totally be realistic for Emi to murder Mayu. Most realistic heart throbbing story on Dynasty I would have to say.

It's not realistic, it's melodrama. It does not make any sense why Emi would accept the break up with a smile, it doesn't make sense that she doesn't say ask about her lesbian girlfriend deciding to go out with a man, it doesn't make sense that Mayu would just show up to hang out, it doesn't make sense that Emi would allow her without saying a word. Even in the most toxic relationships one person at always asks "why".

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 11:56AM

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 02 Nov 11:00
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Edit: Just to clarify, since I realised I should have quoted more of your post, to put it into context, her letting her inside was perfectly realistic. Some people, and I kind of suspect Emi probably has shades of this, cling to their love interests to the point they will accept any kind of social interaction, and they will even take their lovers back, if presented with the opportunity. Many people would tell Mayu to go fuck herself, but as I said, you would be surprised at the number of people who would not.

And a few would have pulled out a knife and murdered them on the spot, doesn't make it realistic.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 11:00AM

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 02 Nov 10:08
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No she didn't, she asks Mayu if she knows how Emi feels and she says "no". She doesnt seem to think thay what she did was wrong or even sorry for it.

I never said that Mayu realized that what she did was wrong.

You literally said that Mayu was told that what she did was wrong, that in itself is wrong. The manga ends before that happens.

Now you're just contradicting yourself. Your previous post was literally saying that this Oneshot implied that Emi took Mayu back and now you're switching arguments so suddenly.

I'm not talking about what happened after the manga. I'm talking about Emi alloying Mayu to just waltz into her home, hang out with her and then had sex. She already took Mayu back.

She definitely said (or at least implied) that what Mayu did caused great stress to her. I don't see how that isn't pretty much the same thing as telling her that what she did was wrong since Mayu isn't dumb enough to not know that causing people stress is....Y'know....Wrong.

Except she never says that she caused her stress, she just acts astonished, she never actually told Mayu that she was wrong.

I just said that Emi was emotionally conflicted when Mayu came by her place, meaning that she wasn't sure how she felt when Mayu came back. What exactly did you expect her to do? Kick her out?

Yes, like an actual adult would have. An actual person would have questioned their lesbian girlfriend why they were dumping them for a man, they would have gotten upset, they would not have let them into their apartment right after the break up, they would have told them to go fuck themselves. Nothing about this manga is realistic, no one reacts like Emi does to this situation. And there is no one dumb enough like Mayu to just show up to hang out with the girl they literally just broke up with as if it wasn't a big deal. It's asinine melodrama story telling.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 10:10AM

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 01 Nov 20:16
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No she didn't, she asks Mayu if she knows how Emi feels and she says "no". She doesnt seem to think thay what she did was wrong or even sorry for it.

No part of that scene says thay Emi said a god damn thing, it just ends with her crying. For all we know she just turned around and slammed the door in her face or just kissed her telling her that she loved her. Fact is that Mayu is never told thay what she did was wrong at any point in this one shot.

You are calling it realistic despite what we saw. The scene when Mayu just shows up to hang out and Emi let's her is the point where this manga lost all resemblance to reality.

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 01 Nov 18:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't get all the "it's good because it's realistic" comments. I'm very sorry for you if that is your reality and you're being strung around like that.

We find it more realistic because we're seeing a story where the asshole who's constantly screwing her "Girlfriend" over is finally being told that what she's doing is wrong. It's more realistic because in real life you don't simply take someone back after they break up with you out of nowhere, then one day they just come back and act like you and them never broke up in the first place. It's good to see that realism applied here.

Are you being sarcastic?

Umm, no.
I'm saying that Mayu, who is shown to be an inconsiderate ass here thinks that she can just repair her relationship with Emi with a simple "let's get back together" and everything will be ok. When that's not how things work at all in real life, and this Oneshot shows us a realistic outcome to the situation.

I asked because you are just wrong. Mayu is never told that what she is doing is wrong, not once. She even asks Emi why she kissed her thinking that Emi didn't think she did anything wrong. And Emi takes her back after Mayu just shows up like nothing happened. Mayu literally shows up one day, acts like it's no big deal, hangs out, has sex, and asks to get back together. There's nothing about this that is realistic according to your comment.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 6:40PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Not sure why people are complaining. This was foreshadowed multiple times, starting with the last page of the first chapter. The author knew from the beginning that it was going to have a tragic plot, and the readers should have known that themselves.

There is a difference between having a tragic plot and having a dumb tragic plot. Did Iris ever notice other brides just disappearing after a year? Unless the teacher is literally the only other vampire she has ever had contact with there is absolutely no reason she shouldn't have known about this, and even then she would have had to notice the teacher jumping to a new bride every year while the last one just disappeared. Also, whats the point of tricking Iris? Does the teacher think that making her unknowingly kill one person is going to make killing the next a breeze? And this is all piled up on how the author fails to contrast between the drama and comedy. Trying to do both at the same time diminishes the impact of both, pick one and stick to it.

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 01 Nov 09:50
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't get all the "it's good because it's realistic" comments. I'm very sorry for you if that is your reality and you're being strung around like that.

We find it more realistic because we're seeing a story where the asshole who's constantly screwing her "Girlfriend" over is finally being told that what she's doing is wrong. It's more realistic because in real life you don't simply take someone back after they break up with you out of nowhere, then one day they just come back and act like you and them never broke up in the first place. It's good to see that realism applied here.

Are you being sarcastic?

Cannibal
Double Bind discussion 01 Nov 01:25
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Here I thought Mayu was just testing Emi to make her more assertive.

Nope, turns on thay Mayu is just a huge bitch, Emi needs to move on. Mayu is just going to do it again.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 1:39AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hate to break it to you but I don't think you got the best ending because 2 ends with Arnice going out to search for Lilice after finding out she escaped.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Nights of Azure 2 confirms that Arnice and Lilysse are lovers.

?

The golden ending in Nights of Azure has Arnice and Lilysse actually become a couple, the sequel canonizes this as the true ending.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Because Im comparing the two, I cant go to the citrus thread and say the same thing because then I would be bad mouthing Yuzumori-san in the wrong discussion thread.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yeah, what were we thinking comparing one shitty written drama to another shitty written drama?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't know, the whole "let's break up because talking about issues is too hard" sounds like something Citrus would do.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 28 Oct 17:53
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
  1. Yes, she has, She has opened up to Yuzu about her problems with her father and grandfather. This included the whole initial fiance fiasco. That's why it sucks seeing it again, because we have already been through this. What else can she learn by doing the same thing once again?

2. I honestly don't know why people repeat this. Yuzu has done more than most to make the relationship work. She has put is far more effort than Mei, their first date shows that Yuzu very much takes the relationship seriously.

3. This arc doesn't show any sign of making this happen anymore than all the previous ones. In fact all it proves is that Mei is regressing to volume 1. It shows that Mei hasn't actually made any progress in the last 8 volumes and makes it all out to be a complete waste of time.

4. Mei already made her own choices, her grandfather even told her to and she chose to stick to her path.

5. Duh

6. This isn't a plot twist, it's a recycle of an old twist that has been over and done with. It's just lazy as fuck writing, what's next? Is the next arc going to be another childhood friend of Yuzu starts showing up trying to NTR Mei? I'm half expecting it at this point.

We have had 8 volumes of rough hardships, when are we going to get this theoretical smooth fluff volume?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I think that girl is Aoi, the teacher's bride. Am I wrong?

Yup, just checked. The shadow girl is definitely Aoi. Don't know why the author acts like it's some new mysterious character. Aoi probably knows something they aren't telling Sara. Most likely the whole dying after one year thing someone else mentioned.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The second scenario is impossible to occur. The separation of Mimika and Yuzumori was due to the age difference between the two. So why the hell would Mimika be hanging out with another little girl if that was the reason for the drama to begin with?

The separation was because Mimika believed that Yuzumori was neglecting herself by distancing herself from her friends, not the age gap.