Forum › Posts by Loleus

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

most of you all probably already know about this but . Yuru Yuri season 3 is coming soon this year ^^ i hope it will cover the sister arc and Oomuro family

Is this just wishful thinking, or is it actually confirmed?

If the vague tweet everyone's talking about tells us anything, I assume it'll air sometime in the summer, as per tradition.

That being said, Hanako.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Oh, geez. Abua always surprises me with such original jokes that always send me into tears of laughter.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

The secret of Nodoka's strength has been revealed!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Extra pages are great, aren't they?

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Badass heroine? Check.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

It seems the mangaka doesn't know how to stop apparently now that Japan has taken a liking to the Himegoto's resident trap. Not sure how I feel about this.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

But strawberry milk!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Chapter 14: Wow, the 501st was a team of aces? It's no wonder I thought the Isle of Wight witches were pretty incompetent compared to them. It was nice to experience some failures, at least!

I do think it's odd that Wilma recieved a letter from Amelie rather than Lynne though, especially because it centers around Gallia, but I suppose I can see the complications in if Humikane actually did something like that--newcomers who haven't be introduced to the main-main cast probably wouldn't understand a letter heavily referencing the 501st, aha.

One-Winged Witches was fun while it lasted!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I can't help but fall in love with this couple

Wonder what you'd say if this were a MadoHomu.

MadoHomu is an automatic love, of course!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

As much as I enjoy older Nanoha/Fate doujins in which Vivio is involved, I don't think a doujin (or any plot, really) revolving around a young Nanoha and Fate could ever be beaten in terms of simplicity. There aren't any add-on characters yet, there isn't any over-complicated technology yet, and there aren't any limits holding them back yet. Yet.

As children, they could...reach farther, I suppose, and had a lot more freedom to do whatever they wanted with their time.

In short, I...really like the less mangled plot of the original Nanoha compared to the giant messes they have to put up with in the sequels. Reading this doujin really made my feelings hit home.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I guess the best New Years card is the one done in person!

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Hahah, this had its hilarious moments. I didn't expect page 32.

Loleus
Fireworks discussion 04 Jan 22:20
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Toki/Ryuuka doujins are always welcome. That obviously cropped street landscape, though.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I feel like this ended really abruptly. What about Youko's fiancee? He was spoken about in the last chapter as if to bring about a love triangle and then the series ended. The end. The mangaka didn't explain anything about this fiancee and didn't explicitly state how Youko felt about him. All we know is that Youko rushed from dinner with her fiancee to check up on Shuu and suddenly, on a whim, kiss Shuu with a bleeding mouth to make her drink the blood she needed. Youko then doesn't explain that kiss with "because I love you," but with "I didn't think about it because you were frantic." And with that, we have no confirmation about her feelings at all, with Shuu's big confession scene being pushed under the rug like that and all.

This raises some questions. Was Shuu's love onesided? Was Youko really in love with Shuu but wanted to appease her family? It's made a point that Youko is always happy-go-lucky, and then all of a sudden it is revealed that she is from a high pristine family and "oh, by the way, Youko doesn't really have much of a choice in life. That's why she was encouraging Shuu to make her own choices."

Really, it feels like that "fiancee" part was just a valid reason to force a "Shuu wants to be male" ending--which was what it originally was anyway.

tl;dr There were too many problems for the mangaka to solve and bind together, so they decided "Let's end it but not solve anything at all!"

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I've always loved the concept of "As long as you're with me, I'd go anywhere." It's certainly used a lot, but in the end, it'll always ring true for those in love.

That finale kiss though. It made me feel a melancholy I haven't felt in a while.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

What a unique take on Jack the Ripper. Odd how his actual case was never really solved in real life.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I thought it was going to be a sure-fire angst after reading the first few pages, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I actually I laughed.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Nodoka hit the nail on the head.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

"We having sex?"

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Miyafuji is secretly an Eilanya shipper at heart.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

How forgetful of me. Must be the aftereffects of anticipating said upcoming anime adaptations.

Anime adaptations.

Loleus
Ritz: Ritz discussion 28 Dec 22:10
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Never stop believing, Ritz!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

A translated version of Comprehensive Tovarisch! That series is seriously underrated and I'd love to show my non-Japanese-understanding friends a version they can actually read instead of standing over their shoulder while they're reading my physical copy and trying to explain what's happening. Seriously.

Other than that, I agree with the current list you've got up there. Strike Witches' (officially translated) manga spinoffs are going to be released next summer too, and upon hearing that news I immediately had to preorder. Had to.

And if I were to add anything else, it'd probably be everything in my subscribed list, aha. Things like Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, Bousou Girls-teki Mousou Renaiteki Suteki Project (B.G.M.R.S.P.), A-Channel, Sakura Trick, Saki, Hayate x Blade, Yuyushiki, Yuru Yuri, Aiura, and such. Did I mention Sakura Trick yet? And Saki?

But what I'm really looking forward to is the future releases in store. Onwards, 2014!

Loleus
Himegoto discussion 28 Dec 19:18
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Chapter 5: Madoka Magica and Yuru Yuri reference. I approve.

Loleus
Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I'd say it was pretty obvious she was female.