Forum › Posts by riverFlower

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Is the light novel to this manga translated?

Sorry but does anyone know the answer to this? Thinking of giving the LN a try (if it’s released/translated)

Not translated.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's not over! The big confession's just the beginning of this volume! And even in the vol. 3 extras the author explicitly told the readers to trust them lol. Overall those are all great signs.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I felt so unbearably sad when I saw the "epilogue" in the title of the update. I stopped caring about whether it was really yuri a while ago, because while it not explicitly being so is somewhat disappointing, it is a story that aims to say something. And that something is about a sinking loneliness, a way in which we can grow out of our caves, and how we can all be salamanders while thinking others are frogs. I'm not fully settled on my personal feelings of this work and how much I want to like it as a whole in execution, but I found it beautiful, drifting, and charged with an idea that the author wanted to see carried through. I can always only respect the clear purpose in stories like that.

Thank you to Makoto Hagino for creating this. And thank you to Hachimitsu Scans for translating this.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The rare Magia Record, arc 2, and Iroyachi content. It's like drinking in rain after a drought. Thank you for the work, Silver Garden.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I don't think I can say enough how much of a glorious series this was. One of the best ways I could have been inducted into the world of yuri. A classic that I really have such fond memories of now, despite having read it after it was finished and in two days no less.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 20 Feb 02:01
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
74464447_p0

Woah damn, how did I miss this one before? Very nice aesthetics and expressions.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Gorgeous chapter and development and fulfillment of Koyuki and Konatsu's characters. This chapter was everything I didn't know I needed from a climax in this story. Even barely remembering anything from most of the story and not having thought about it as much, I remember enough (because the story has been that deliberate and thoughtful in its repetition of main ideas) to still deeply appreciate the salamander and the frog finding their way out of the cave.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Are you joking, it's ending? This was a good series, will be sad to see it finish. I feel like the pacing got a little muddled in the last few chapters. But besides that, has been very enjoyable read.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 27 Nov 23:26
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
85918476_p0

Steam is completely irrelevant. Even when Steam was around, Zun was actively against publishing his works on it until very recently. It's not really a primary vehicle for Japanese self-started games either from what I know and Touhou 16 being published on Steam was for the benefit of Western audiences and completely unnecessary in terms of spreading the word.

Just to comment cause I don't think it becoming a success "before Steam was a thing" is the most impressive thing related to that, but rather that Touhou never needed to depend on formalized distribution platforms.

Also those dumb bows are the defining characteristics of all Touhou characters. Can't have a Touhou character without a hat or bow.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

No more Yakumi Sarai translations, noo!! Damn, I need to check if other Touhou translators will step in or not.

Regardless, thank you to Gaku Gaku Animal Land for everything you have done, if any of the members ever check here. As a Touhou fan who was not heavily involved with the community but enjoyed the doujins, I really loved the selections you chose to translate and appreciate the work everyone put in. Thank you.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:50
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
85048503_p3

This ship is no longer my top Nanaka ship, but the art is gorgeous. Beautiful lining, color composition, and patterns/design. I think the artist even engraved Akira's name on her soul gem ring, like they all canonically have, which is even more attention to detail that I appreciate.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:48
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
85419929_p2

Best thing about this is Paimon and the panda sleeping together.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:41
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
26492828_p0

Eh. Some times characters and people can just be simple. And maybe that's what Yuna wants. Ano also reads as someone who is meant to observe rather than participate. Her fascination with yuri as fiction being more interesting than real relationships speaks to that, as well as her ability to see ghosts yet never try to interact with them.

I would have liked for Hina to get slightly more character and less of the little sister vibes, but I wouldn't see Yuna and Ano being together as making sense. Yuna appears to be someone who would rather have less drama or emotional conflict in her own life, which someone whose own anxieties serve as a foil to her own would not immediately provide.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 1:47AM

riverFlower Uploader
Arknights! 01 Nov 03:36
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sorry for double post but something epic just got datamined. Ingame animation (I assume by Yostar studios) of Amiya conjuring her own Chi Xiao

Huh. This almost makes me want to play Arknights again. I like Amiya and it's nice to see her getting an awesome moment like that.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Some people were doing the file save at the very last minute, amusingly.

Gallery mode is now accessible even with wifi on, for me at least. It was previously unavailable unless I put on airplane mode. What garbage, I'm tempted to say, but it's clear they did have to rework stuff. Who knows why. If I'm being charitable, it's possible there were issues with keeping all of the original assets, font, etc. on player side. If I'm being not charitable, this is total garbage and they could have just given us the actual archive.

Anyway, because I'm too sentimental, I'm still tempted to keep the app since I have the storage space. Maybe one day when I have no attachment to it anymore, I'll delete it then.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This depiction of Akyuu hurts, as it plays with the established knowledge of how she always remembers everything. It gives her a much more human side, for her to suppress those things she doesn't want to know.

Akyuu will live for sure. But whatever is ailing her won't be healed until she meets her twin/relative.

It's also sweet to see responsible Reimu, who immediately took action upon hearing Akyuu went missing.

riverFlower Uploader
Image Comments 27 Oct 15:10
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
Unime_seaflower_85070130_p0

The symbols on her hat also change, from normal to !!! to a different "face". Wonder if that's canon but cute either way.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Holy shit, this was some top tier progress. Can't believe Koguma got into bed with Hino.

riverFlower Uploader
Dynasty Scans Logo 24 Oct 18:32
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

riverFlower posted:

Why was that used as the tab icon? Seems random.

2 girls kissing? Seems fitting for me.

Well, I mean there's plenty of pictures of two girls kissing, even of two chibi girls, so just wondering why that art specifically was chosen.

riverFlower Uploader
Dynasty Scans Logo 23 Oct 23:29
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Why was that used as the tab icon? Seems random.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Still pretty cringe, but not as bad as I thought it would be because they at least kept their older minds. I couldn't stand the sex scenes though so skipped all of those.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Final week countdown begins, technically starts tomorrow but whatever. I'm ready for NA to be laid to rest. Moving on to JP and CN has helped a lot with that, and it is also somewhat infuriating just how bare bones and incompetent gallery mode is.

NA has still brought me lots of good memories, including on here, so I'm grateful for it of course. But I'm probably going to need that storage space it's taking up lol.

Got a few new, last-minute magical girls from the daily 10x tickets, and I'm stupidly also trying to bring them up to episode lvl 5. Because of lack of time, I'm sure I'll have to focus on recording the things I enjoyed most soon instead of doing that.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This story... was so lovely. It's exactly how I imagine Remilia and Sakuya to be. So many great lines, especially the ones regarding which name she would choose. I've got nothing else to say really except that I loved every page.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Regardless;

@riverFlower
So, I've watched what Main Story videos Muffin had released thus far, so what do you suggest next? Since I'm planning to stick to Muffin for now should I go to Another Story before watching each meguca's Side Stories?

Hmm. I would suggest watching Another Story whenever, but before you watch chapter 8, I would recommend watching the side stories for quite a few magical girls as well as a few events.

I'll list out the MSS I think would make chapter 8 more enjoyable. They're sort of ordered in importance, though I mostly just chose the ones that first came to mind: Rika + Ren (in this order), Felicia, Kokoro + Masara (in this order), Shizuku + Ayaka, Sana, Mitama, Mifuyu, Tsukasa or Tsukuyo, Tsuruno

Events: Breakpoint (very important for main story context), A Diary to Write With You (for Rika + Ren content), And So The Azaleas Bloom (this one isn't as essential cause it's so long, a summary should suffice for understanding Hazuki, Konoha, and Ayame), Reaching a New Best Day (for Kokoro + Masara content), Mitama's Special Training - Iroha & Yachiyo, Voices From Beyond

riverFlower Uploader
Genshin Impact! 11 Oct 00:46
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Funnily enough, same thing happened with people who wanted to ship Diluc and Kaeya cause they're actually step brothers

Same. When Diluc made his entrance, I was like “oh they seem to have some history, must be good ship material." Barely ten minutes of playing later, I find out they're brothers from a profile description. Noping out of that one.