Forum › Posts by Tamahime

joined Mar 8, 2016

I also loved the art style, and all of the lived-in details of Kyougoku-san's family. "Found family" stories can be really inspiring.

Is there a good way to support the author? Especially since they've been so kind as to interact with us about their story. Can we buy this as a doujin or something?

Oh, and I can't help but wonder about Kyougoku-san's father. Since she has such a big family, their mother was obviously together (and intimate) with her dad for a long time. And since the family is so close and joyful, it stands to reason that the house has always been filled with love. It's sad to think that he died young, but it's sadder to think that he abandoned them. At least in my opinion.

Tamahime
Image Comments 20 Feb 02:10
joined Mar 8, 2016
Eupen-dviaaggyv-orig

I love the details here - the modern clothes that suggest their game outfits. The little bit of midriff that gives away how buff Tifa is... really A+ work.

Come to think of it, this is probably my first ever ship. Maybe Terra and Celes but my memory is fuzzy at this point on which game I actually played first.

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

What's the female equivalent of a "cock block?" "Clam slam?" "WAP slap?"

joined Mar 8, 2016

I know manga loves to infantilize women, but... she's 16, Japanese, and just realized Santa isn't real? And the oh-so-convincing impression she has of Santa is her mom (who apparently also looks like she's a teenager) in a slutty dress with a plastic mask?

Yeah, yeah, I know this horse ceased to be a long time ago, this is not the work to go to for nuance but... at this point I'm really only here because I like the way the artist draws nipples and there aren't many full-nudity ecchi series. ><;

joined Mar 8, 2016

Once again im confused as to why a skift can be too Long for regulations, is that a joke?

This is the route om hoping for

Super long skirts were (are?) a style chosen by sukeban types, probably to stand out as the opposite of the type of girl who would hike up her skirt to show off her legs. So maybe the "too long" regulation was to curb a different type of delinquent. Either way you can totally imagine a Japanese uniform regulation to be "precisely X" and anything too far in either direction being a problem just because it's not the standard.

joined Mar 8, 2016

This is all of us:

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

I've never gotten the "fingers-in-the-mouth" stuff - just makes me think "Gee, I hope she washed her hands." But literally everything else here works for me. I hope these recent Pixiv diversions herald a return for Kishi-sensei to longer explicit lesbian works - his characters are all so sexy!

Why the weird star in the title here, though? The cover page just shows a plain "x".

last edited at Jan 22, 2021 6:26PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

TBH this series is really dumb and kind of annoying, but as a linguistics nerd with a Japanese degree I really enjoyed the detailed, weird corner-case translation notes. They easily make this a must-read for me. ><

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

"...typesetting ktk pics makes me want to commit sudoku."

It makes you want to create grid-based number puzzles?

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

Not sure if complicated psychological musing on self-loathing and learning to accept and love yourself or just smut...

joined Mar 8, 2016

Well, I at least appreciate the refreshing "Uh, yeah I know what feels good, what are you talking about?" attitude from Yamazaki. I get tired of everyone writing women as being all "Physical pleasure? What is this concept you speak of?" and the female body being some inscrutable puzzle box, like nobody touches themselves or gets turned on to have any idea what feels good to women. ><;

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 2:02AM

joined Mar 8, 2016

I see this mangaka still loves their ass shots, heh.

Yes, indeed. But they're still SO bad. I mean, I'm used to mangaka being unable to draw breasts in the ballpark of anatomically correct, but butts? (Incidentally, this guy isn't that bad at breasts, which makes it even stranger).

Seriously look at this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/im_an_elite_angel_but_im_troubled_by_an_impregnable_high_school_girl_ch07#17

I mean, that's what you'd get if you popped the legs off a Barbie doll and glued them onto a stick. I'm so confused that this guy has such an ass fetish but seems like he's never seen one before. Feels like he's drawing what he thinks one looks like from a 10-year-old trying to describe it after seeing a dirty picture one time for a few seconds. The shadow of a memory of booty, long ago lost to the ages of legend...

joined Mar 8, 2016

Anyone know the sfx of chapter 6? Was she sucking?

You don't specify which page, but I'm gonna assume you mean page 16 or thereabouts. No, the fx are as follows:

Top right: A bang or rattle sound and one expressing surprise/shock.
Below that: Indication of a gentle touch
Left: Shock/Surprise
Bottom: Very loud heartbeat, small "twitch" sfx near the legs

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 5:53PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

Re: earlier comments - I have always wondered why one's heartbeat is on the left side, whereas anxiety, happiness, love, and a few other emotions are felt directly in the center of the chest. I've looked for the answer a few times but never really found one (there's virtually no information out there on 'how' and 'where' we feel emotions for some reason outside of a single study that gets quoted everywhere...).

I think the answer is because emotions are felt in areas based on neurological paths, and it has little to do with blood flow. Still not sure why the center of the chest is the place those feelings end up because there isn't anything important there even from a neurological perspective, though.

Do you actually feel those things in the physical location of your heart? I can't say I have. I think that arose out of poetry rather than any kind of common physical sensation.

There is however an accumulating body of research about the neurological role of your stomach, and, in particular, how the flora there affect it. I have definitely felt gastrointestinal changes based on intense emotions.

joined Mar 8, 2016

...since when was this considered a myth?? The heart is positioned asymmetrically, with only about a third of it being actually behind the sternum. Two thirds are on the left side.

Yeah, no.

Web MD: https://www.webmd.com/heart/picture-of-the-heart

"The heart is a muscular organ about the size of a fist, located just behind and slightly left of the breastbone. The heart pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system."

University of Michigan: https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/heart-health/anatomy-of-a-human-heart

"Located between the lungs in the middle of the chest, the heart pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins known as the cardiovascular system. It pushes blood to the body’s organs, tissues and cells. "

Quora answer from a cardiologist: https://www.quora.com/If-our-heart-is-in-the-middle-why-do-we-feel-the-heartbeat-on-the-left

"The question is correct that most of the heart lies in the center of the chest. Only a variable sized portion protrudes to the left.

So if most of the heart is in the center, then why isn’t the hearbeat felt in the center of the chest?

There are two reason you don’t (typically) feel a heart beat in the center of the chest:

1. The sternum is a thick bony structure that decreases the transmission of force of the heart beating. (There actually is vibration there - it is just too small typically to feel. You can hear the vibrations with a stethoscope however.)

2. The Right Ventricle pumps less blood. The Right Ventricle is under the sternum and (typically) in the center of the chest beats less vigorously than the Left Ventricle because it is only pumping blood through the lungs as opposed to the entire body.

The reason you feel the heart beat to the left is that a portion of the left ventricle lies against the skin between the rib cage on the left side - and effectively “bounces” contraction waves against that soft area. The result is a “PMI” - point of maximal impulse where the heart beat can most be felt. As the heart enlarges, the PMI moves further and further laterally, away from the center. The PMI can sometimes be used to diagnose abnormal heart enlargement."

Youtube video explainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkPch61aMw

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 4:02PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

It's a myth, btw, that the heart is located on the side. Its actually right under the sternum in the middle, because that's the most protected area. The reason you feel the beat stronger on the left is because of the position and function of the chambers and arteries.

Tamahime
Image Comments 27 Oct 02:06
joined Mar 8, 2016
84861926_p1

If she has cat ears... why does she also have human ears? Which ones does she hear with?

joined Mar 8, 2016

It's bugging me how badly this author draws butts, given how much he seems to like them. ><; Each cheek isn't an independent lobe stuck on top of a leg separated by like 3 or 4 inches.

Other than that, as a dumb ecchi comedy it gets the job done. :p

joined Mar 8, 2016

I think the series tags are wrong here.

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

So... what sound is わ with the ten-ten diacritic supposed to make? (The "seductive scream") ><;

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

wait, did they fuck or...?

Who wouldn't wanna fuck with that kinda mood going on? they probably did.

Covered in coagulating blood? That's certainly a mood, but I'm not sure "sexy" is it.

At the very least, if they get together in the end Dorothy knows that Maria isn't averse to getting her wings, ifyaknowwhatimean.

Tamahime
joined Mar 8, 2016

Some more terminology questions I have:

How did you choose "saint"? Is that translated from a Japanese word, or katakana? Is it more like "holy person" in this context? "Saints" in the Catholic parlance are exemplary figures of piety and devotion. There is a long formal process of canonization and it's extremely rare for a living person to be declared a saint. Among other things, "miracles" need to be associated with them. It just doesn't seem to fit how it's being used with Dorothy.

Next, frequent reference is maid to Dorothy's "nursing mother" - is that meant to be distinct from "birth mother," i.e. this woman who raised her and met some tragic end was not related to her? Or is it just a weird way of referring to her mother? Is it more like "nursemaid?"

Thank you for the work translating, BTW. I am enjoying the series a lot. I just like discussing translation details. :p

joined Mar 8, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_night_turned_out_to_be_hot#3 looks pretty nude to me.

You do know that women have nipples, right? Unless we somehow know canonically that Yuzu was born without them, which would be weird.

The tag description doesn't specify full frontal nudity.

It's two completely naked girls in a sexual position. Saying it shouldn't be 'NSFW' because there's no visible nipple is ridiculous.

I mean, the author drew her whole breast without even hair "strategically" covering it and excluded the nipples. To me that's a specific effort to take it out of NSFW territory. There's another tag (ecchi) that usually gets applied to sexy-but-not-explicit works.

Whatever, though, it's not like it's the first or the last time those (or many other) tags will be misapplied here. I get that it's mostly a joke related to the pairing. I just think that gets done a little too much around here. Just one dude's opinion though.

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 12:29AM

joined Mar 8, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_night_turned_out_to_be_hot#3 looks pretty nude to me.

You do know that women have nipples, right? Unless we somehow know canonically that Yuzu was born without them, which would be weird.

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 10:20PM

joined Mar 8, 2016

... That's it?

I guess people are starved for any sexual Citrus content, but frankly this doesn't support either the "lots of sex" (like 5 pages with little to no sex shown) or "nsfw" tags (as defined here there has to be nudity, and the closest you get here is a censored nipple).