Forum › Posts by madlax232

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Chapter 38 translation... actually, translation and rough typeset by taeyeonlikesgirls:
http://taeyeonlikesgirls.tumblr.com/post/120992447089/fluttering-feelings-38th-ch-trans

that's cool of her :D I just thanked her and read it again. Love this chapter and No-Rae looks so huggable is that even a word but her eyes omg the part of the umbrella. Loved it.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

How do you guys think Seol-a would react when she starts to notice her feelings for No-Rae? See for me, I think she would be worse then No-Rae. Denying her feelings and unintentionally hurting her by going out with a guy or something. IDK, haha.

Umm I think Seol-A is actually the opposite. Maybe she will feel weird at first, not really knowing what to do but later she will act on those feelings.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ah this was a good chapter I think. The thought of No-Rae thinking that she almost didn't have the chance to tell Seol-A her feelings, or be with her breaks my shipping heart omg. And that Seol-A demanded No-Rae to tell her where she was, because she was obviously really worried also makes go all sndfsndd. And the way No-Rae looked all wounded made me want to hug her too, my poor baby. The last hug felt special and I think Seol-A thought so too.

But really when will Seol-A start to realize her own feelings or at least No-Rae's feelings? I wonder if the fact that No-Rae realizing she wouldn't have Seol-A if she died would make her step up her game with Seol-A.

Thanks for the summary, this makes feel less restless about the translation haha.

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 8:49PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Some news

taeyeonlikesgirls is going to be doing a translation of chapter 38 and will post it on her Tumblr blog.

http://taeyeonlikesgirls.tumblr.com/tagged/fluttering-feelings

Lol that username is great

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

So, I pretty much believe the story ended on volume 3. Just like many people say. That's ok, because the anime is pretty different from the novel in many points. Let me post what I read several times in another forum.

First. in the novel Kumiko is not really interested in Reina until they happen to spend the Agata Festival together. They already called each other by their first name so no scene of Reina telling Kumiko to call her Reina. So all the eps of Kumiko staring at Reina, telling Midori and Hazuki about what happened in middle school, trying to apologize to her, and everything between them in the anime doesn't exist in the novel. Also, Shuichi scenes have been cut, lots of them. In the anime Kumiko spends more time with Hazuki and Midori than with him, which is the opposite from the novel.
In the anime Shuichi tells Kumiko to practice together everyday and Kumiko says "Nah, my euphonium is too big". then asks Kumiko to spend the Agata festival with him, Kumiko says "why?" and then he runs off being a bit embarrased. In the novel is totally the opposite. When Shuichi tells Kumiko to practice together Kumiko agrees but runs away embarrased. Kumiko is a bit tsundere with Shuichi in the novel.

Kumiko and Reina did spend the Agata Festival together in the novel but they don't bring their instruments. There's no finger touching lips. There's no duet. And later Kumiko spends the festival with Hazuki, Midori and Shuichi.

The anime is pretty different. Its only following the plot of the band and some other things but the focus on the anime has been on Kumiko and Reina. Kumiko's personality is different. I'm not sure KyoAni would go yuri but the events in the novel happened in a different way so we can't assume the anime is going to end like the novel (if it ever gets other seasons).

I've to admit that I'm a bit scared haha, I already like Kumiko x Reina a lot buuuut, I'm watching the anime and not reading the novel, so if the anime is already different and if it ends with an open ending I won't assume the novel's ending is how the anime is going to end in the future. I think they focused on Kumiko&Reina for a reason.

Just wanted to let you know but as always, keep your expectations low ^^

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

d.d.d.:

@ d.d.d.

LOL, I just saw your afterword. Eloquently said.

Sadly, those delightful people are probably still gonna steal-upload it, and it'd be hilarious if they don't even bother taking away that part. (They don't take away the translator and typesetter credits usually.)

I'm thinking of putting it at the end of every chapter now, starting from chapter 37 =P
I'll do anything just to annoy the hell out of those thieves LOL

If there were hypothetically a way to directly insert highly subtle subliminal messages right in the middle of the dialog without detracting from the story, it woulda been excellent.

Like Seol-a saying "Oh hi there No-rae FUCK MANGAFOX did you eat yet?"

That would be hilarious ROFL
Maybe I'll write 'FUCK MangaFox' on No-rae's shirt or Seol-a's bag or something like that next time

LMAOOOO someone has to do this! lol

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yeah, I don't think anything serious happened to No-Rae. Probably some minor injuries or maybe a broken leg. I mean, this is not that type of story... hopefully lol. But this will help a lot for Seol-A to realize her feelings I guess. She is going to be so worried and she might cry. I thought the umbrella was just an indication about how much Seol-A worries about No-Rae (at first) but now that you mention it, it might have a role.

Oh ;A; I need the next chapter, dsfsdfs this cliffhanger.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Mmmm I used to download FF in spanish because it's my native and even if i don't have trouble with doing so in english... It's nice to do it in your native tongue. However, I began reading the originals at comico with the typeset and I find it really easy to do-on my computer at least. I still donwload the spanish version, but I felt like reading them where Ssamba can get the credit he/she deserves is the right thing to do. Also, I'd like to thank everyone who works hard to translate FF to English and Spanish... haven't checked other languagues so...

Sería más raro leer español. Aunque estoy segura que hay un montón de latinos (as) orbitando por acá.

No, no te equivocas. Latina orbitando por aquí XD

And about the discussion, as for me, I always visit Comico to watch the new chapter every sunday and I have no problem on wating for Halmonis translation on Pastebin a few hours later. I haven't check on the translation overlay some users are talking about, but I think it's nice we can support Ssamba's work by doing that.

Oh wow this is cool. También soy latina haha.

About supporting Ssamba, I always try to do it. I need to check the last page to understand this discussion though, because I'm a bit lost.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

It was a pretty cute chapter in general. I loved No-Rae's reactions, she is so adorable, blushing and getting nervous because of Seol-A, it made grin haha. And when she blushed because of that sexy pic. Her eyes went to Seol-A's chest and legs/waist, that little pervert even imagined herself in her room with Seol-A pics on the wall lmaoo.

And you guys are right, Seol-A is definitely really clueless, I think No-Rae was obvious when she got nervous when Seol-A was blowing air to her fingers. Seol-A pls. But it's cool, I think little by little Seol-A gets more cute and flirty with No-Rae so I'm enjoying this a lot.

It was nice to see more of Seol-A's family and their interactions, especially because her mom noticed her glow. Seol-A is happier :) and she will be even happier later :D

I don't know what to think of the last part of the chapter. I can only guess that she will invite No-Rae if she decides to go.

last edited at May 25, 2015 12:05AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

It also seems like she wants them to be more, I don't know but those words "I vowed to keep that promise that we made "as friends". That's right. Because for now, we're still friends." caught my attention and I can't fully understand what No-Rae was trying to say with that.

From my interpretation, the "I vowed to keep that promise that we made 'as friends'" meant that No-rae would keep the promise as long as they remained "friends", because it was promise that they made when they were friends. She was running away from Seol-a due to her unwanted romantic feelings, but then she realized that she didn't have any excuses to run away anymore. She didn't want to lose Seol-a. No-rae didn't have to act on her romantic feelings and distance herself from Seol-a. So No-rae decides to let things play out naturally, and see where their relationship goes.

As for the "Because for now, we're still friends", No-rae is acknowledging that they're just friends at the moment, but she knows that they won't be able to stay friends forever. The Korean says "as of yet", but it sounded slightly awkward so I changed it a bit. I'm assuming that this means that No-rae with either confess her feelings when she gets the balls to do so (and thus upgrade from friend to girlfriend), or she'll end her friendship with Seol-a when her feelings become too much of a burden to bear.

I thought about those things too but now reading it from someone else, I'm more sure. Thanks Halmoni :D

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Omg I loved it so much ;A; that backhug was so precious because Seol-A looked vulnerable and was really sincere and No-Rae had those eyes of someone in love. I liked everything about this chapter, especially the fact that No-Rae has come to terms with her feelings, or that's what I get from her words.

It also seems like she wants them to be more, I don't know but those words "I vowed to keep that promise that we made "as friends". That's right. Because for now, we're still friends." caught my attention and I can't fully understand what No-Rae was trying to say with that.

And I totally agree with Halmoni's comment about yuri. It's a lesbian story, and that means yuri so...

Anyway, thanks for translating Halmoni! and for the people who made those rough typesets :D

I always thought that Seol-A was aware of her own feelings, tbh. It might not have been spelled out but she's been acting on those feelings for awhile now and together with all the jealousy she felt...

I cant believe it happened. So its Seola who made the first move. She's so bold lol. I'm loving this series so much

It seems like one of those Seo-la's subconscious flirting w/ Norae. I also don't think Seo-la already realized her feelings.

I think she knows she has strong feelings for No-Rae but doesn't get why or what kind of feelings these are. She doesn't seem to know she has romantic feelings for No-Rae because she has only dated men and to many of us, it doesn't seem like she has ever been in love with any of them. So, I don't think she has realized yet she is falling for a woman, because she doesn't know what is to feel in love and only thought of having a romantic relationship with men. Maybe if No-Rae tried to be a little bolder with Seol-A, she could realize she likes too much No-Rae's touch/words or something.

last edited at May 18, 2015 1:39AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

My life has no better thing to do than stalking Halmoni's pastebin. Halmoni, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee save us from all this agony. You're my second Goddess after Samba

I'm the same. I even took a nap but nothing ;A; haha

And I'm avoiding many posts here lol

last edited at May 17, 2015 9:33PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I liked this chapter, the conversation between No-Rae's brother and Seol-A was really nice. I like it that he told her that No-Rae cares a lot for her. Little No-Rae is so cuteeeee. The fact the she copied that way of walking from her brother was sweet -feels like Seol-A-

Anyway, I don't know what is going to happen now. I guess Seol-A will try to find out what is bothering No-Rae while No-Rae is going to think if she should say Seol-A the truth or not. Anything could happen now and I'm excited because it's not going to take long until something 'explodes'.
Let's make a bet, will Seol-A find out about her feelings first or about No-Rae's feelings first? I betting on the last one.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

madlax232

Now this reminds me that I really want to see No-Rae and Seol-A dealing with the hardships of having a gay relationship, especially in Korea. I don't want anything dramatic lol but I really want to see a lot of the story exploring their relationship, the sweet fluffy stuff and some dramas. Something like Octave?

No no no no no... No Octave-like stuff in this story please. People would collectively lose their shit if the shenanigans from Octave were ported over to Fluttering Feelings. I love Octave myself, one of my all-time favorites but... keep it far away from FF. However, I do agree with the rest of that paragraph. It would be nice.

Octave is a well-loved classic on its own, no doubt we all love it and I am pretty much sure FF will turn out to also be an unforgettable gem in the yuri collection itself because of its unique charm and realism, and i am dying to see a gay relationship unfold through the eyes of Ssamba because it would be the other side of the coin compared to Octave. Oh well, I love both.

Yeah. I only meant that Octave explored a lot of a gay relationship and I dont remember any other yuri manga doing that. Most of them end when the main girls get together or just a few chapters after they got together. I would love to see Ssamba writing about No-Rae and Seol-A being girlfriends because I'm already in love with the way she manages the story :D

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

This chapter felt longer than usual and I loved that. Which one was the longest chapter? I think it was the one where No-Rae realizes her feelings for Seol-A. Anyway, No-Rae apologized yay. I feel like No-Rae now won't try to get away from Seol-A and that's why she couldn't sleep at night, she knows she is going to pretend nothing is going on, but Seol-A knows something has to be bothering No-Rae so... will she ask?

I'm not sure if the brother can feel the tension between No-Rae and Seol-A, but he knows something is up because of No-Rae's questions and now one of her friends from Seoul came to look for his sister. I think he's going to indirectly ask Seol-A about it and this is how he is going to suspect/find out that No-Rae's worries are about Seol-A. I guess haha. He seems like a open minded guy that wouldn't mind his little sister to be dating/in love with another girl. I hope he helps No-Rae with that.

Now this reminds me that I really want to see No-Rae and Seol-A dealing with the hardships of having a gay relationship, especially in Korea. I don't want anything dramatic lol but I really want to see a lot of the story exploring their relationship, the sweet fluffy stuff and some dramas. Something like Octave?

last edited at May 3, 2015 11:33PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I agree with Halmoni on that thing. But lol now I wonder if will we ever see a somewhat rated scene in FF.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

When I read some people saying FF is draggy or something similar I feel like they don't seem to understand how nice is that the story isn't jumping because it feels natural and sweeter. I don't want the story to rush confessions or kisses unless it feels natural. I think the fact that the story moves slowly is the reason why I really love this manhwa. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like it when yuri story have kisses from the beginning, I just think it's sweeter when it happens slowly.

Of course it's nice to see a relationship unfold slowly, it's just that as readers you're more or less left dangling in the air for a week so it's understandable that people call it draggy, even if story-wise, it's not draggy at all (a draggy story would be Citrus, where saburouta keeps introducing unnecessary love rivals because she can't think of anything else). People who call it draggy most likely love it (they're just impatient and want to know how it ends) and aren't trying to troll you or anything.

That's possible, its just that I always felt that 'draggy' has a negative connotation. I think Citrus is draggy, for example, I dropped that manga because I waited too much time for chapters that only added unnecessary stuff. Though, I'm planning to read it someday when it gets finished.

For the ones that mentioned Korrasami, I just want to say that I agree with you. Korrasami is just beautiful haha. I can't complain. I think the creators made a great first step.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

When I read some people saying FF is draggy or something similar I feel like they don't seem to understand how nice is that the story isn't jumping because it feels natural and sweeter. I don't want the story to rush confessions or kisses unless it feels natural. I think the fact that the story moves slowly is the reason why I really love this manhwa. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like it when yuri story have kisses from the beginning, I just think it's sweeter when it happens slowly.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Not related to the story but I can't choose between No-Rae and Seol-A, I mean, I want to use as a DP a pic of one of them but I can't decide who. It's been like this for weeks already lol

Had the same problem. This is what I did.

Thanks, I think I'm just going to use that pic :D

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Good chapter :D The next chapter is going to be really interesting. I think the words from No-rae's brother are going to make her think a lot, I hope she understands her brother is right and she should give that 'path' a chance. They are so in love ;A; So I'm not expecting No-Rae to snap at her now, at least not in front of her family, I hope they won't fight again... at least not like the last time.

Not related to the story but I can't choose between No-Rae and Seol-A, I mean, I want to use as a DP a pic of one of them but I can't decide who. It's been like this for weeks already lol

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

wow intense chapter, No-Rae was too harsh on Seol-A and she is so jealous too, she keeps mentioning Kyung-woo. I want to say that I'm so happy that Seol-A remembered 90% of what happened while she was drunk but I'm sad at No-Rae's actions. I understand that she wants to run away from her feelings so she pushes Seol-A away though and I also understand that she is angry at Seol-A for letting herself get drunk in front of a guy, naive or not. I don't know if No-Rae thinks Seol-A is just kind of naive or if maybe she knows what could happen but doesn't care (because she likes Kyung woo or something similar). Well, at least Seol-A didn't give up there, I thought she was going to that when she remembered the girl from high school, I feel relieved, she is a fighter. I really can't wait for the next chapters, I'm pretty sure the story is going to get more interested and deep.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yep, there's nothing wrong in having a discussion but if both parties can't agree at all then it's better to leave it at that.

I feel like saying that FF is to me the best yuri story in a long time. I'm speaking for myself here, but the only yuri mangas that I truly love, even though I have read a lot, are Girlfriends (my favorite and now FF wants to take that spot) and Octave, both were realistic in some way and pretty well done. Those stories are also better than all the yuri animes out there. And now we have FF that deals with a a good and a realistic story and interesting characters so I'm just so happy that ssamba exists tbh haha.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yeah, I also don't think he would have forced her, he is just the typical guy who wants to use the drunk state of a girl to convince her of having sex. But, I think Seol-A understood his intentions when he offered a place to rest and that's why she didn't agree.
I really like the fact that Seol-A called No-Rae, I think it was adorable that she was thinking of her and wanted to be with her and then No-Rae to the rescue o/ and I think she did great when she talked to Kyung-woo no matter what she thinks.

I thought No-Rae took Seol-A to her own apartment but I guess I'm wrong judging by your comments.How did she open the door, though? I'm now wondering if Seol-A will remember what happened, I hope she will remember most of it, I don't think she was thaaaat drunk to not remember anything but who knows.

And ohh No-Rae is so in love gosh ;A;

Btw I really liked how serious No-Rae was on the phone with Kyung-woo, I don't know but it was really attractive haha!

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

It wouldn't be that weird for No-Rae to go to the exact place Seol-A is at, because she apparently overheard everything that the random guys said and they mentioned where Kyung-woo and Seol-A were at the moment. Though, it's also possible that she is going to call Seol-A again and when she notices Seol-A is drunk she is going to ask her where she is so she can pick her up. Or maybe, Kyung-woo will take Seol-A home, because he wants to have sex with her at her place, but they'll meet No-rae at the door. And there might be other options, but I can't imagine something unrealistic happening like sometimes happens in yuri mangas.

About the pronunciation, I always pronounced their names correctly, gotta thank my years into kpop lol.

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 3:25PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really liked that Norae couldn't help herself and had to message Seol-A because she was worried and it was really cute how Seol-A wants to ignore Norae but can't. I like the tension of their situation haha. And well that Kyungwoo guy obviously bought condoms .=___= disgusting, I hate this type of guys, trying to get her drunk so he can sleep with her ugh. Well he is not going to win this time, hopefully.

I think we all have a feeling No-rae is going to rescue her and I'm already making scenarios in my head of how she is going to deal with a drunk Seol-A. Also, I wonder what type of drunk person is Seol-A, maybe she gets touchy with No-rae? Or maybe she is going to be angry when she sees her. Ah I literally can't wait >.<

In general terms, I really liked this chapter, I just wished it was longer.