Forum › Posts by machigai kouhai

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Boy will probably go after Yuu. It was predictable.

But if Nakatani stays true to her statement ("I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist") then it's okay.

I'm not really sure how you can say that and think that it's predictable. As far as the chapters the English community has read so far, nothing suggested that either of the two boys were interested in the other girls in the student council. I can't really tell for sure though, since I don't read the English version and some of the stuff I've heard from the English fans are actually not consistent with what the story had originally.

Also to prove that it is not predictable, here's what happened in chapter 7 in regards of Maki:
I really believe that he's actually an ace character. He saw Yuu and Touko kissing in the student council room when he went back to retrieve his pencil bag. I initially thought he was going to be sinister about it. Turns out that he actually does not enjoy being in love, but rather watching it unfold in front of him. He has also gauged Yuu's first reaction to him letting her know that he saw them kissing as seeing Touko as "special." The chapter ends with Yuu still looking flabbergasted about what Maki told her.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Mentality discussion 22 Nov 06:55
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

To be honest the Musqueerteer's translations have been pretty janky for a while. I'll give them credit for their not-completely-unreadable work, but it needs improvement.

And here we go again...

I love when people basically write "translation sucks" and don't tell us why exactly or where. Spelling mistakes can happen sometimes (corrected that one on p03 btw) but I don't think it's as horrible mistake as giving you a sentence without any sense or with wrong sense compared to original work.

Ok, geez, no need for the sarcastic snark. I looked over the manga again, and I'll point out specific errors in the future.

To be honest you kind of started the snarky comments lol

Everyone makes mistakes, especially when you're me and it's your signature move to fuck up something every release ;-;, it'll really help if you can point out the problems in your initial post. I mean for me it's always nice to have people point these mistakes out precisely so it's easier for me to go straight to the problem to fix them.

also I think this story is so hot I may or may not have made a yaranaika face while reading this at work. ヽ(;▽;)ノ

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I see I've stumbled on #HowIsThisYuri: The Thread.

We should probably take off the tag

You'll break my heart, MK. Don't kowtow to these people.

I probably would've been the most hated person ever if Shima isn't around to tell me to stop posting what I really want to say ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ=3=3=3

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

That said, there are a lot of things tagged as yuri that are just subtext on this reader anyway.

I've noticed, and it's pretty frustrating at times. It dilutes the tag down to meaninglessness, and makes it un-useful for finding the type of story you are looking for.

Two girls having sex? Yuri. Two girls making out? Yuri. Two girls in love? Yuri. Two girls that are friends with each other? Yuri. Two girls in the same comic panel? Yuri.

Everything else is broken down and minutely characterized. Is there Pseudo-heterosexual subtext between a female wolf spirit and an sentient shade of blue that identifies as male on page 23? There's a tag for that. But if you have two girls sitting next to each other on the train, that's just yuri. Argh.

Of course, even if there was a great willingness to go through everything and correctly label things, there would have to be some sort of agreement on what "yuri" is or isn't, and if "shoujo-ai" is the same thing or different, and who gets to make the judgement call on edge cases.

We should probably take off the tag, but I honestly think if I were to read this I wouldn't have a problem seeing it in the yuri tag. But ultimately that's just me. Maybe it is because I've read the rest of the volume and think that yeah it's pretty much gay AF even if the characters don't outright come out and say they're gay and in love. To me this is a series that's made full of subtext and clearly no indication of it ever being het in any way so it's good enough for me.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Just in case you question now yuri it is Yukiko and a bunch of her friends made a 90 some pages anthology of just Sakurako and Kasumi being gay AF soooooo.

Honestly you should just read it like they're married. It's not really that far off anyway

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

KASUMI a fat -Shima face-

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!! DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!
love and waffles,
t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

nobody says shoujo ai in japan it's always GL or girls love if not yuri

That's kind of what we're saying though, I think you're misunderstanding?
The term Shoujo Ai in Japan refers to pedophilia, it's not commonly used afaik.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B0%91%E5%A5%B3%E6%84%9B

Let's just leave it at that before we digress more?

Yup I did misunderstood. I apologize.

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Actually shoujo ai and shounen ai do exist but they're for pedophiles, we had a discussion about yuri vs shoujo ai and someone even posted link for shoujo ai/shounen ai in japanese wikipedia, it's some retarded in the west that decided to use it wrong and now most people do the same.

Shoujo ai vs Yuri discussion thread.

You linked a thread that literally was nothing but "it's a word made up by westerners" so what is your point
nobody says shoujo ai in japan it's always GL or girls love if not yuri

OriginalGengar let's be best fucking friends we can cry together over cophine every fucking season finale and refuse to believe delphine is gone

last edited at Nov 10, 2015 12:57AM

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Shoujo ai's not a genre anyways.

Burn this into your minds, wouldn't want to go around publicly declaring you're a pedophile in Japan.

except that literally isn't a word they use in japan it's a word invented by western fans

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Kouhai:
Definitely have that on my list but I'll wait till it's finished because I heard scary things about the ending.
I actually don't remember that much about Sense8 since it's been a while, but I do remember Nomi getting into the actual like, collective story quite late, Amanita's hair made up for everything though. And I do remember prefering Lito and Hernando over the lesbian couple.

Lito and Hernando are so much more well written it's so sad. They're not only just a gay couple, I feel like with Dani they go into a little bit of the polyamory type of deal. I also think Lito made more of an impact on me than Nomi did even though Nomi quite literally almost died in the most horrifying way possible. Lito's struggle with the true acceptance of his own sexuality was more resonating than anything Nomi ever did for me.

Spoilers below for Orphan Black:

Also since the article talked about how male characters were written more interesting than female characters, I wanted to say that fandoms are also pretty much just as bad. I recently realized part of the Orphan Black fandom has been hating on Delphine and don't see her as a heroic character. While that's okay to have as an opinion, I'm quite unsatisfied with the fact that Paul or Donnie were treated as heroic characters. I feel like they do both have quite heroic moments, with Paul's sacrifice and unfortunate death and Donnie's whole family thing with Helena, but they also did have to do very shitty things to get to where they are right now. Paul was a flip flopping character for all three seasons and became an enemy for the most part of season 3. Donnie was quite an irrelevant character and was pretty much a comedic relief until he accidentally shot and killed Dr. Leekie. But most fans are hating on Delphine's choices, especially in season 3 where Cosima was most probably hurt the most by. At a glance, yes, Delphine's choices were really shitty. She really was painted as a huge villain more so than before in season 3, but I feel like most people just sort of either forget or overlook the reasons as to why Delphine did the things she did. The treatment of these characters are almost night and day within the fandom. Some female characters are being written as complex and realistic people, but the fans are just not recognizing it and I think that's a really really sad thing.

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'd like more shows like Crownies, Wentworth or Orphan Black, where the gay characters are clearly gay, but are not defined only by their bi/homosexuality.

This is off topic, but if that's the case, I'm most definitely sure you'll enjoy Person of Interest. The canon gayship actually happened because of the fandom's shipping. The actresses and the writers all agreed that it's a good thing, so they wrote them into canon in season four. The most notable thing about these characters are not that they're gay, but rather they're highly capable, strong, interesting and complex female characters. On the contrary, as much as I enjoyed watching it, Sense8's transgender couple was really hard to watch. As much as I loved the idea of a great transgender character, I feel like the show didn't do her justice as most of the scenes with her were either being tortured in the hospital or having sex with her gf.

Sometimes I feel like there's this internal conflict where I'm enjoying the exposure of more lgbt characters, but at the same time cringe at the horrible portrayal/writing of them.

P.S. Delphine is my precious gay puppy ;_______; I weep for cophine every freaking season finale

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 11:19PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Image Comments 07 Nov 04:26
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014
Fstfxzk

I, too, wish to tell fictional characters how to live their lives. ヽ(;▽;)ノ

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Yeah.. but it's a great repeat. ^_^

well when the confused person understands it's a great repeat ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I really want to see the continuation. I mean we already have the 3rd and the 4th book. How come the 2nd book never here

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fortunate_relation

You missed it

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'd much rather have Eri as an older sister but then again I'm not really fond of the idea of dating anyone rn so that could be the reason. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

machigai kouhai Uploader
Mayday discussion 24 Oct 12:17
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Shima made the credit page so technically it's Girls in Boxes fault ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You didn't think it was confusing for nozomi to say it's your birthday today! And then the bottom completely contradicts what she says?

I mean I was confused like she just said its Eri's birthday today so why did we back track like five days and have Eri asking about the 21st though? I didn't think you'd need to know Japanese to realize there's something weird going on here.

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 7:37AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Well, I appreciate it none the less. Chinese is hard. :O

(was joke)

It's good that you appreciate scanlators. But if you're getting something that's wrong from the very first bubble, which by the way is an extremely easy sentence, then what's the difference than just reading the raw? The mistakes here made the story completely confusing to me. It wasn't until I had to go and look at the original to realize what's happening in the first panel. I don't really want to turn this thread into a big talk, but I thought it was appropriate that I post it here instead of tumblr this time since people correct me here all the time. I had a run in with this scanlator before on tumblr and made some unnecessary comments, so this time I'd really like to be fair and hope to spark some interest in this community to actively look for more from scanlators. It's not a job I get it, but there's no reason for any of us to just say "Well barely enough is good. AT LEAST WE GOT SOMETHING!" I believe that we should always strive for improvement as scanlators and the community as a whole will benefit from it. I really want to see more people to actively think and go"Well this sentence was weird, and I'm confused. Perhaps it could be like this...?"

But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

P.S.
Yesterday I saw that people were angry at just the resolution size on het scans on sadpanda. I kinda wish this community was that strict lol

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Since I've already gotten notorious as a "rude pig" on tumblr and a lot of people are kind enough to point out my mistakes here, I'm just going to go ahead and post this. I didn't look through the rest of it, so this is all I got.

What happened to the punctuation, by the way?

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 11:27PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Mayday discussion 21 Oct 22:08
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

at page 28 i think it should be "No matter what, can we stay like this UNTIL I finish crying?" :3 anyway thanks for another NozoEli I love the hugs XD wish there is part two of it.

Lovely story. I wonder where I've heard the name before though. It's not from other Love Live doujins.

pg03 bubble 2 "If that's all you're saying then it must('ve) mean that it's all I am being seen as, right?" also the it's can be made into it is for better flow.
pg21 bubble 2/3 "I'm going (to) fall even more"

There may be one more but I'm not sure.

In any case thanks :]

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS DON'T EXPECT ME TO DO THINGS RIGHT WHILE DELIRIOUS
i uploaded the QC version HAAAAAAAAAAAH uh.... yeah i reuploaded the file ._.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Because nobody is as good as me at censoring. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cat_like_girlfriend

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

hai is my bae but I'll have to settle with my other bae rekkless now (ノ_<)

machigai kouhai Uploader
Live & Loud discussion 11 Oct 20:49
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

None of you have to enjoy it! It's my birthday present from Shima and it is the most beautiful thing ever. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

it was pretty great