Forum › Posts by tarsis ultra

tarsis ultra
Kanamemo discussion 15 Dec 03:02
Images
joined May 22, 2014

Man, Haruka became suddenly a very tragic character. I doubt the mangaka will change the status quo but I hope Haruka will eventually hook up with her childhood friend.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

I think that most people who create stories with sibling incest don't have any themselves.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

A shonen battle manga that doesn't utterly annoy me. Well i guess there is a first time for anything. I love the character designs, especially the villains.

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 3:25PM

tarsis ultra
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 16:26
Images
joined May 22, 2014

It seems pretty rare to see a heterosexual male that is not a complete asshole in yuri stories.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

This is keine X Mokou. It's just very subtle. Look for example at page 31.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

So this has basically become a shonen series with seducing girls instead of battles?

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Wait a minute. How are they supposed to make a baby using IP stem cell technology? The only way i can think of is by cloning one of the mothers. So actually only one of them is the biological mother.

If they wanted both to be the biological mother then they could have taken an egg cell of one and a polar body of the other and create a zygote with these two.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

My biggest problem with this series is that there are just too many characters. This leaves not enough room to properly develop them. This was already a problem in strikers and here they further amplify it by introducing a shit-ton more of them.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

Apart from the character designs, I really get the vibe from Citrus in this manga.

The similarities I found were:

1. Miss Sunflower's stern attitude and Matsuri's frank (i.e. Telling MS how much she loves her) and irrational behaviour. Much like Mei and Yuzu.

2. Miss Sunflower gives the vibes that she's into Matsuri but never really does anything about it. She just goes with the flow, although she knows Matsuri's into her.

3. Miss Sunflower is following the past Miss Sunflower's foot steps; Mei follows her dad's foot steps. Both has something they want to do.

Ahaha. I know a lot of Citrus haters in dynasty, so please try not to heavily bash me when you read this comment! I was just stating some of the things I found similar between the two.

Although I prefer Miss Sunflower tenfolds than Citrus, I still think the latter is of at least a mediocre quality in regards of the story.

I dont get any similar vibe from Miss sunflower. This Manga has a very easygoing feel compared to citrus.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

It seems pretty rare that manga touch on the subject of religion. I mean, they often use a lot of religious iconography but never really talk about religion directly.

tarsis ultra
Opapagoto discussion 21 Sep 13:07
Images
joined May 22, 2014

There is something about this manga that makes me really uncomfortable.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

This chapter reminds me of a certain series of YouTube videos...they're all just too cute >_<

Care to enlighten us?

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

If yuri is defined as romance between female gendered characters than this work can be tagged yuri, Regardless of the sex of the characters.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

Since kashiwa has a girlfriend, shouldn't this now be tagged as yuri?

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

I am kind of disappointed that they used hobgoblins as the western version of zashiki warashi. A more fitting creature would be the klabouter of danish folklore or the domovoi of russian folklore.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Except for the approval for same-sex marriage, this is still pretty much a reflection of Japan and other Asian cultures with that arranged marriage due to age/financial instability, and gender roles. Everything was just romanticized and coated with yuri. I know I shouldn't over analyze but still can't help it so I'm hoping for a good change/development in the next part

I had the same idea, this really is just japan but where everyone has cat ears and "husbands" can be female. I guess that I also overanalyze this manga, because the arranged marriage and the reinforced gender roles kinda distract me from enjoying the cuteness.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

Are there more doujins about Marisa losing her humanity and becoming a magician? Because I find this an interesting subject.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_about_udon_who_everyone_hated_and_myon#13

... DKSGBWIUHREKLSJHIAUFHIUSAFGSDKHKSAJHDAHOWABKAK;

I concur with this insightful observation.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

This those faces absolutely horrify me. Jet I can't stop reading.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

Is the place where Kiara and annie live Hawaii? since they have english names and they refer to "the big island"?.

tarsis ultra
Images
joined May 22, 2014

I wonder how many people will get the berserk reference.