Forum › Posts by Phil

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Thanks for that beautiful present! Marisa looked so cool in this story, a dishonest Alice is the best and I think Meiling would very much like a tiny Sakuya.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I was thinking the same. :o

BuCap is really close to my heart, go Hakka-ya! Looking forward to the new BuCap from fuyukomi.

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 2:49PM

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"How would you handle getting those cute lunches made for you every day?"
"What?"

Oh god, that was heartwarming.

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 11:37
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
501jfw-merry-xmas

It's relevant again! \o/

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Possibly one of the best KomaxShiki doujin because of how much effort both of them put in for the other.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, couldn't she just have asked her parents to show her how to get there? If they managed to find the vampires' hideout when they had the girls, it should be less of a problem once the initiation process is over.

Also, sure seemed like the vampires demanding new maidens seemed to be a recurring, maybe annual thing so I don't suppose it's like they moved away.

e: nvm, I shouldn't read stuff when I'm sleepy.

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 8:58AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It's probably only a parody or hommage to an American tv series from the 70s that was called "Ba Ba Blacksheep". I think latter it was called actually "Black Sheep Squadron". "Pappy" was one of characters, I don't know about the others though.

Watching it as a kid, it was decent. I really like that there is a Strike witches parody of it.

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 06:36
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
Happy-b-day-minna

Strike Witches, my most loved guilty pleasure. Can't censor their love!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Not touching this with a barge pole, but I guess it's like a bad version of Jiro Taniguchi's A Distant Neighbourhood (which is an extremely good and rewarding read).

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 05:08
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yay for reversal! \o/

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 05:03
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
Kagerouhime

I absolutely need more of these two. I just wish I had the time to play Double Dealing Character.

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 04:47
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
Nicomaki

Looking pretty tied up there, Nico.

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 04:37
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
8f3889f821b726b07a99aaea03d4f565

Yep, real gems.

Phil
Image Comments 25 Dec 04:29
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
8ab2e60905c16f89dbe20c8a2b31437b

^ Mhmm, cake-flavored chu and eventually pero pero

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 5:11AM

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, this brings back memories. I almost forgot about these two.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'm really looking forward to finding out how everything ends when the last few chapters are scanlated, but I think one of my New Year's resolutions is going to have to be to not read the spoilers. It's so tempting. ಥ_ಥ

Sadly, some key words slipped through the spoiler tags in some of the replies. Please, if you reply to spoiler code, use spoiler code when writing you answer. ;_;

What strikes me about chapter 11 is how the gaudy bunch seems to have no compunctions whatsoever about toying with their new friends and never bother to keep one of theirs in check. Asuna and Meru don't hesitate to let Remi take Sacchan home and only when Sacchan is spilling her guts to Remi, the latter seems to have some sort of doubts because she seems somewhat touched by Sacchan's plight. At least that's what I think when she thinks to herself "What's up with this. Why are you worried about something insignificant like this?". But this could also be directed at Sacchan and her worries about what love is. Rethinking it, it is probably the latter and Remi really has no concept of love.

Also, I'm disappointed by Sacchan's weak reaction to Remi undressing her and pulling of the sleepover thing. I figure Remi has now implanted some sort of "Sacchan, you are actually strong (if you're by my side)"-scheme that involves her being Remi's next toy and messing with Ruki so she can see her depressed face again, which she stated she longed for. When Ruki started acting possessive and started asking (the wrong) questions, this didn't sit too well with Sacchan as it probably reminded her of her ex-boyfriend, who she just emancipated herself from thanks to Remi. From the moment Ruki enquired about last night, Sacchan eyed her very warily, bordering on looking daggers at her. She might be trying to test if Ruki is going to react the same way her boyfriend did if she pushes her further or whatever feelings she held for her have now subsided and she has already written Ruki off. I feel if Sacchan had texted Ruki about the ex-incident, things would have gone differently. I wish Sacchan would flick herself on the forehead.

I'm dying to know how this works out and I know the people who have read the spoilers know better, but maybe it's going to work out well for some. In chapter 1, Ruki says that after the worst entrance ceremony ever her worst year ever began, but that year is technically over by now. This had better end well or I'll be pretty bummed out in a couple of months. :(

Here's my surmise of what is going to happen:
Sacchan and Remi get together when Sacchan is having a phase of feeling strong and pseudo-independent until Remi throws her away because her flaw is that she can't commit and she only toys with people. Then Ruki toughs it out, confronts Remi, exposes her machinations to Sacchan and gets her back. Or she goes to Fue to cry and the two support each other from then on, but that would be fine with me, too.

The only ending that leaves me sad would be one in which none of the characters gain some sort of personal learning or enrichment from what they were going through and if they stagnated as persons. If they get some insight on what they did wrong or why they had no chance, that is fine.

What I immensely enjoyed in this story is the depth and complexity of the characters, each of which has a believable personality with certain (or just one, if the sin-theory is correct - which I couldn't read up on, sorry) tragic flaw, hamartia. This literary device is used quite well by Amano Shuninta - I can't even bring myself to hate a character. Maybe Remi, but then the snaggle tooth wins me over again. I think that in some respect or another I also learned some things from this story or at least it got me thinking about. Feeling personally enriched is usually a good thing for me.

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Remember kids, molesting girls while they're asleep is a surefire path to a steady relationship. Well, that or federal prison. One or the other.

Or the middle way: a steady relationship in federal prison.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Why? It's seems Emi isn't great at dealing with her emotions either. "Irrational Us."

You raised some good points that fleshed out some of the things I was thinking myself.

What we have here is probably a failure to care for your love interesting and take responsibility for their well being by not being honest or walking the walk. Queen's "Under Pressure" says that "love dares us to care for the people on the edge of the night", which I think means that love includes being there for people who are in dire straits and forgiving things they do because they are miserable. If you find yourself on the edge of the night, you probably can't see clearly.

Two other points I would like to make:

1. The other person's "worth" doesn't hinge on their perceived purity. No matter how "experienced" your love interest is or if they are still to some degree bound by a previous relationship (an extreme would be to already have kids with someone else), that doesn't mean it can't work out and you couldn't both still be happy together. Emi seems to be exceptionally hurt by the fact that Mihashi is not exclusively hers although none of them ever committed. Emi even said she was "too easy", which makes it sound that for her it's more about possession and that the other relationships were taking away from what she was hoping to get by getting together with Minashi. They could still make it work even with all the things that happened, none of them are necessarily things that prevent them from having a relationship. That is all just in Emi's head and has to do with her life premisses, which she could easily changes with some introspection. If she thinks she can't love someone who was insecure enough to bait her with fake liaisons, then of course that is what it is going to look like to her.

2. The idea of a person having a certain worth that can increase or decrease is inextricably bound to the notion that you can possess a person and that this entitled you to anything.

/I think Takemiya Jin is a master troll. All hail!

Phil
Sour Grapes discussion 22 Dec 05:37
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Beautifully done. Although she certainly is in for a hard time, I think there is still hope now that they are starting university together (they are, aren't they - I mean they did graduate, I think).

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Now that was a cold smile!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

A headmaid walks into a BAR...

Phil
I Love You discussion 21 Dec 13:24
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

So, this is suicide by dragon, huh?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

A warm feeling engulfs me, winter can come now. \o/

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I love how she blushes so hard her face actually catches fire.

Blushing with the force of a thousand suns.

So, if Nanoha forcefully befriends people, what should we call what Keine just did?

Phil
Image Comments 20 Dec 17:42
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014
25735549_big_p6

;_;