They are both dense! /o\

Phil
A little help... 08 Feb 15:58
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Good thing I refreshed before posting. :3

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

All of this BuCap keeps pushing me closer to the point of wanting to learn Mahjong and reading the Saki manga.

So you want to be a professional mahjong player who doesn't wear panties, eh?

It's dangerous to go alone, take this! (and this)

I- I think I didn't really think this through.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

All of this BuCap keeps pushing me closer to the point of wanting to learn Mahjong and reading the Saki manga.

Phil
Collectors discussion 08 Feb 05:32
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Also, does anyone know how far into volume 2 Collectors is? And... how is it doing? I'd love to own a physical copy one day.

Don't know. The author's blog only contains links to pixiv and twitter and I didn't really see anything about Collectors there. Amazon doesn't list them as authors in the latest issue of Le Paradis, but that isn't saying much as they aren't listed in the issues they definitely contributed to either. Only saw them mentioned in the comments of the first issue of Le Paradis. They seem to have another story published recently, tonari no robot. That's all I could find.

E: I only did a quick search and looked very cursorily.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 5:36AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Sure is tsun tsun in there.

The faces are priceless. Can hardly wait for more.

Phil
Lililicious discussion 07 Feb 15:02
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Are you thinking of Snoopycool or Wings of Yuri?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It's like Touhou but with ships, I guess. Is the music any good?

Phil
Collectors discussion 07 Feb 04:03
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Wait!?? Was that the finale?!!

Thought so too, but apparently it's just the collophon of the first volume and they are happy it got published.

last edited at Feb 7, 2015 4:05AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I think theres twom types of readers in here, the ones that cant handle villains and the one that can apprciate it.

I love Remi, she gets away with everything. Imlive my evilness through those kinds of folks.
A recent example of this is the Belichick and the patriots. Some people love them some hate them because they cheat and lie and get away with it.
Like I said, i live my darkness through them. And boy does it feel good, just the dark side guys... We have cookies and are detestable human beings but its good for you.

Ahm, Gesundheit!, I guess?

So while they haven't caused a scene to call Remi out on her actions, they're slowly growing out of the little clique they initially were in at the beginning and moving on with their lives.

I noticed that it stopped being about a group of friends from chapter 7 onwards but wasn't able to tell if that is actually them growing apart or if we just aren't shown their daily interaction because of length constraints.

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 5:15PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It stretches credulity that people's REAL problem is with some kind of plot artificiality, when the thing that people keep going back to is "I hate this character and she's not getting her comeuppance like I want!!!"

Although I might have to go back and check to be sure, I remember that most of the longer posts didn't say they hated the character as such and wanted her punished. I think that sentiment was limited to people venting in one-liners.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't want the story to be changed or any sort of come-uppance. It's just that I think that some of the story's elements weren't well composed (from a point in the story with two chapters left). It's a bit of elevated suffering, seeing that Amano is one of the yuri authors you should read. I don't want her to change anything, regret reading it nor do I think it would have been better if she hadn't written it. It's necessary to try out new things in order to improve as an author and broaden your repertoire.

Seeing the list saying which character symbolizes each of the cardinal sins, I can't help but feel that some of the underlying dynamics were not really thought out. Reading Amano's thoughts on the characters and how they are supposed to have to do with the sins, I'm surprised how little what she says actually has to do with cardinal sins, maybe because she is lacking Catholic/Christian exposure. I feel most of the following to be obvious and am not sure if it actually needs to be stated:

1. Pride means that you are guilty of being prideful, thinking you are better than everybody else. Rukia is insecure and hesitant about a lot of things and has her not pride but her self-concept crushed.

2. Envy means you want what other people possess and want to obtain it.

3. Making a girl with an eating disorder (vomitting/binge eating) and a problematic want for relatedness the representation of gluttony. Well, this is a bit hamfisted.

4. Whatever is "wrong" with Fueko, it has nothing to do with spiritual laziness (read: lack of faith) or physical laziness (think of protestant work ethic).

Lust is pretty spot on, but what Amano says connects the other character to their respective sins I didn't pick up on while reading the story.

tl;dr
Nice try, bit flawed. No hard feelings. Better luck next time, Amano!

Phil
Image Comments 06 Feb 07:34
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh , it's from the author of Giant Meiling. \o/

Phil
Image Comments 06 Feb 07:32
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Very relevant to my interests!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

And then my hope was dashed against the salty rocks of mandatory heterosexuality.

The only things certain in life: Death, taxes AND mandatory heterosexuality? I liked it better when there were only two. :(

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 6:44PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Is Saimoe still a thing? It was more fun than you can shake a stick at back in the day.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 6:40PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Listen to 'Imagine'!

Maybe in Feelings We All Must Endure 2 we'll get Ruki being wooed after from her controlling and unpleasant girlfriend for someone who loves her.

If this means that the ending is basically Sachi's past relationship with Sachi as her ex and Ruki as doormat-Sachi, I think I'll be even more confused and there'd be only one thing left to ask: What's the point? Most of Amano's series go somewhere and the only one I found to have a really strange and alienating message was Philosophia. Hope this isn't a trademark of her recent stuff.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 6:23PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Maybe... Sachi is sleeping with Remi to get herself to love the woman body? If what Remi says is true, and Sachi is straight, then there would be no point in continually having sex with another woman unless there's a reason she does it. Unless Remi just makes her feel secure; she has been the only person Sachi confides in lately.

Might be. It would be an actual reason in agreement with Amano's usual lewdness. Let's look forward to the actual denouement. The only thing Sachi complains about is that Ruki doesn't tell what's troubling her (Fue and Asuna breaking up) or when Ruki is preoccupied with other things and not listening (Meru's AV).

Why did everyone spoil themselves? It would have been more interesting when I could understand what happened (since I can't read chinese dammit) and we could have discussed it together D:

You're leaving me out of the fun T-T

I only checked one spoiler that responded to something I asked about, but I have to say it's always tempting. But I think reading here in December was worse because people forgot to use spoiler code or would just rage and blurt everything out.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, now I understand her even less.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Well, that's a bit unclear but although she never gave Ruki an answer, she wasn't doing a lot of things to give her the impression that she dislikes her. It was like stringing along someone who would never press you for an answer. Ruki promised she would wait and she kept her end of the bargain. And I interpreted what Sachi says in chapters 10 and 11 as them having done it a couple of times. Although everything is vague, the decent thing would be to make up your mind eventually and just state things as they are. Ruki having slept with Remi and not revealing that to Sachi (that's why she was pissed, wasn't it?) shouldn't even matter if Sachi felt there was nothing going on between them.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ Not trying to be rude (read: I'm about to say something rude, sorry), but is this your first comment without the title of the manga at the end?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I would guess it means 'translation checking', but I'm not sure.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Touhou canon couples? Unpossible!

I think the popularity of Touhou can be attributed to incredibly weak (not talking about quality) canon, at least in the 2000s. I only read some of Silent Sinner in Blue and Clash House's stuff with Zun, but everything from the comics section on the Wiki and other sources and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

e: I accidentally words.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 4:25PM

Phil
2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Re-reading this after a long time I am confused if this a happy ending or arranged marriage ending.

Is "The final choice is up to you." code for "You have to do it?"

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

And frankly, the thing it irritates the most is that supposedly they. are. friends.

Now that you mention it, it occurs to me the whole 'they are friends'-theme wasn't really prominent in the storytelling, or at least wasn't really shown after their trip. Remi and crew hang in a bar, everybody else only happens to sit in the same lectures. Only Fue and Ruki seem to be real friends and I don't think Fue ever really interacted with the rest. She once talked to Sachi because she was worried about Ruki.

To be fair though, Ruki and Sacchan had plenty of character development.

Yes, that is certainly true and Ruki's early struggles are what sold me.

The problem is that Remi is an oportunistic bitch that is taking advantage of Sacchan state of mind to get herself off with a new girl.

The thing is that being taken advantage of is not really an excuse you can't make for something you did repeatedly and for a whole month. Sachi maybe got seduced or deceived, but she reasoned it would be okay and that Ruki's love for her doesn't make a difference. Repeatedly cheating on her over the course of a whole month is a pretty deep hole to dig for yourself. She could have stopped at any time.

Chikaon pointed this out very correctly:

Sachi could have said no a lot of times, but she didn't, so really, I was more disappointed in her. She even laughed at herself for pretty much ending up the same way as her ex boyfriend. Sachi was completely aware of what she was doing and she stayed with the intention of going along with the sex.

Especially that she was okay with being the same as her ex (which at the same time means putting Ruki into the same position she was in) was what made me feel sorry for Ruki. Still, I'm rooting for Ruki even if she is intent on winning her heart. If she still wants to be with her and they manage to find common ground, why not do it?

Although I stated some things I didn't really understand, I still enjoy this series and I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

after breaking up with Ryuu (who ends up being a pretty nice guy, but she lets Remi guide her to stupidly ruin their friendship potential)

I didn't think anything of value was lost there. I found it incredibly creepy to ask his ex on who he cheated and whose last interaction with him was to slap him in the face to introduce him to her friend.

However, I also think she might have feelings for Ruki, but really doesn't know how to love her, so she messes with her in the worst ways.

I used to think that, too. But Remi says she likes both Ruki and Sachi, although she has been toying with Ruki for more than a year. Remi seems to be able to care about the wellbeing of others, as displayed when she worries about Meru and springs into action, but I think she just doesn't like other people breaking her toys. She couldn't possibly pass off what she did to Ruki as "in good fun".

On another note, anybody have an idea what Sachi means when she says "I get it, maybe" on page 05? Because I don't get it.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_ch12#5

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 11:37AM