Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^It's basically God Eater rendered in Unreal Engine 4. That second screenshot in particular focusing on that female character's face makes it pretty obvious that the face at least is something carried over from God Eater.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Maybe I'm spoiled by 'A Little Lily Princess' with all the female characters and lovely cute art.

Such a surprisingly memorable game. All the routes were pretty top-tier.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 20 Apr 03:45
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
8955983_p0

What are you waiting for? The series is already long over.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 20 Apr 00:54
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
62418383_p0

^Yep, although the thing that specifically got me was when Altera explained the whole dream thing she kept on saying. Every single time before a stage would start, Altera would always say something along the lines of "When will this dream end?" The way she says it seems like she wants it to end, but she says during her confession that it was the exact opposite, and she was afraid of this dream of being with Hakuno to end.

All that, plus the line of "What better dream could there be than love at first sight" that she says to Hakuno to show that she was happy as she dies plus the smiling/crying cg of Servant Altera is more than enough motivation to want to save her.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 1:22AM

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 19 Apr 21:03
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
62418383_p0

Thanks for uploading. They're definitely the key couple of Fate/Extella out of the three routes.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 18 Apr 03:18
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

But any friend who questions the purity of Saikawa's innocent(ish) yuri is a fundamentally bad person, and they deserve to be punished with a recommendation for grave of the fireflies instead.

Exactly. Seeing Saikawa's name alongside Lucoa made me question if I'm even remembering the right character.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Apr 10:37
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C8sthveuwaais20

Not that I know of unfortunately. I don't understand japanese, but just a look at the content without understanding the text, I can still tell that most of the content features the female protagonist + yuri. It's safe to say the anthology is almost a yuri manga at this point.

last edited at Apr 16, 2017 10:39AM

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Apr 08:53
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C8sthveuwaais20

^The official Fate Extella Anthology manga actually has that harem with female hakuno. I repeat: official

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Apr 08:18
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C8sthveuwaais20

^I don't think so. The whole point with the Body Hakunon was so that Altera could have a distinct and separate relationship with a version of Hakunon that was a blank slate and has no attachments to Nero or Tamamo. Altera has a relationship with body Hakunon alone, and body Hakunon has a relationship with Altera alone. Then they both died together. I think that was a pretty fitting way to end their story.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Apr 05:35
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C8sthveuwaais20

^ Hakunon with her two brides and their civilization devouring child ruling over an empire on the moon Pretty good way to wrap up the series.

last edited at Apr 16, 2017 5:36AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Ugh, Fate/Grand Order is getting an english release now and I can't carry over my account. MY SABERFACE TEAM! Okita, Mordred, Nero Bride, Artoria, MHX! Plus Waver and Jack is such a waste not to have.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 15 Apr 23:20
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C8sthveuwaais20

^Well she is a roman emperor after all.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

This is irritating and, frankly, offtopic off course.

Sorry, that was clearly a low hanging fruit and I couldn't resist. Plus the negativity and aggression on both sides is kind of (admittedly understandably) increasing the further I caught up with the whole discussion so i had to make it light-hearted somehow.

LumberingCrane
Transgender discussion 14 Apr 16:16
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I still can't take people who use the term "sjw" unironically seriously.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Also for some reason pairings of Avenger with Saber Alter is tagged as Jeanne Alter, while everything else is tagged as Avenger

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I think real names would work best. Mixture of real and class names seems inconsistent to me and purely using class names is just not indicative of who the people involved in the pairing actually are. They're even more vague and confusing for people unfamiliar with the series, with stuff like Saber Saber of Red Saber Extra Saber Lily Sakura Saber. There's a lot of saberfaces in the Fate franchise.

I do appreciate the use of saber of red instead of red saber though, since the latter is referring to Saber Extra while the former is Mordred.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Just one question: Do you use the Heroic Spirit classes for the pairing tags to avoid spoiling their identities? I just think it might lead to some confusion down the line when someone unfamiliar to the franchise sees two fanart of rider X someone but involves completely different people since they just share the same class. We already have two riders here with Marie Antoinette and Medusa, and it seems that to avoid confusion the tag used for the former uses her real name while the latter used the class name, which now leads to an inconsistency issue.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

EDIT: Checked the twitter again, when translating PITO's tweet on the original tweet post the translation will show you "Futanari" but going to the tumblr link where their comic was translated, the tag was "Transgender".

If that's the case, then I definitely agree with the Transgender and Yuri combo.

Yes please, I think that's more accurate.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 14 Apr 12:34
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
61457843_p0

It's from the counterfeit Heroic Spirits event. Jalter wanted a harem of fake male servants for her otome shtick, but a fake Bryn was accidentally included (obviously meant as a reference to the yuri route sometimes in otome games). Fake Bryn is obsessively in love with Jalter, which is why pretty much all of the depictions of Bryn and Jalter have Bryn being the affectionate one.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I think Persona 5 makes use of HDR, since the colors while I'm playing are noticeably different than non-hdr screenshots I've seen on the net. Every screenshot everywhere else looks way too washed out in comparison. It's also very noticeable whenever anime cutscenes play out in-game, which don't seem to make use of HDR.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 08 Apr 07:31
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
58475878_p2

Is that Florence Nightingale? Why?

Beats me. It's not like I bothered to understand the untranslated story of the game when I went through it. All I know is that I see this family often on my twitter feed. It's even part of this Fate/GO family tree:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyRqcgWUUAQXSbL.jpg:large

Edit: Actually nevermind, I just remembered the pairing wasn't borne from a singularity/story chapter. It was from the 'Journey to The West' Event.

last edited at Apr 8, 2017 7:37AM

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 08 Apr 06:04
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
58475878_p2

To be honest I see it all as sloppy contrivances to answer: "How can we make Fate Mordred an exact lookalike of Artoria while also preserving the (real life) established legend of Mordred being Arthur's son to Morgan La Fay?"

Even though it all makes sense in the end, it's still very obvious that they just came up with something on the fly to make it work with their already preexisting narrative of Artoria. It's just unnecessarily complicated.

@Norainhere
Yes, Mordred is definitely obsessed with her. Her bio in Fate/GO says that you shouldn't praise Artoria in front of her while at the same time don't insult her either. Mordred has the utmost respect for her "dad" but also really hates her for not acknowledging her. Her noble phantasm is Clarent Blood Arthur: Rebellion Against My Beautiful Father for pete's sake.

Fun fact: There's a yuri pairing for Artoria that involves Mordred being the kid in the family. It works because in this pairing the Artoria didn't stop from aging and actually looks her age this time (it's the lancer version of Artoria).
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtrcEXrUAAAshi3.jpg:large

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 08 Apr 01:31
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
58475878_p2

@Valanz

Kind...of? If I recall correctly, Mordred is a homunculus clone/son of Artoria (King Arthur) born from Morgan La Fay when she extracted sperm from Artoria when Artoria was temporarily given a male genitalia at one point by Merlin. So Mordred actually has the same body and features of Artoria and is a clone of her, but at the same time is her "son" and she's the "father". She grows up to be the same age (in terms of looks) to Artoria for two reasons: One is because Mordred's existence as a homunculus means she grows up much quicker than normal people, and the second reason is because Excalibur caused Artoria to stop aging physically. The result is that they're physically identical now, which can be seen in the picture. It's incredibly dumb, but that's what's canon.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 08 Apr 01:03
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
58475878_p2

It's incest because it's King Arthur and Mordred.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 05 Apr 23:45
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
[sanpatisiki]%207024461_p0

Love the art style!! ...but where are his pants?

^The above scene takes place on a beach. Aigis shoots down all the guys' attempts to pick her up, senses the protagonist, goes after her and then hugs her. And then Akihiko (the guy on the pic) actually says that line in-game.