Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

People seriously arguing whether there's anything romantic going on when Aya once again calls Mitsuki her crush.

Actually...

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can understand the retcon though.

Having a teen living alone on a remote island with a scruffy middle-aged man which isn't her father but a distant relative, could be seen as "improper". Guess the author wanted to get that out of the way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mao caught the bouquet. Narita should get ready.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Caku posted:

I feel like there's a line between teasing someone and being emotionally manipulative, and Ami's certainly crossing that. I don't get the idea of wanting to see your partner emotionally distraught, it just feels like being an ass to someone who cares about you deeply. Is this just some weird Japanese cultural thing where borderline abusive relationships are normalized or what?

Manga are made by Japanese people for Japanese people.

Deal with it.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the romance couldn't work. Neither Satsuki or Rika were gay.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As far as I understood, Yuni was framed as a character who enjoys cheating on her girlfriend because it's thrilling in her otherwise boring dating life.

Fuuko was framed as a character enjoying the thrill of stealing someone else's girlfriend.

They don't really love each other, they only love themselves and their own satisfaction.

Neither Yuni nor Fuuko actually want to be in a serious relationship with each other ("I'm fine being the second girl", "I don't even like her"). So, to put them both in a serious relationship is self-defeating, because all the thrill will be gone.

So, I'm not sure how Nanase can ever satisfy Yuni now that she tasted the forbidden fruit. She's been corrupted by the poisonous Fuuko as the several mentions of the fungus suggest.

So, Yuni will probably go back to cheating.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

ergzay posted:

Just in case people miss a key element that's maybe obvious only to people who know some Japanese: The kanji for Tanabata is 七夕, with characters meaning "seven" and "evening". Tanabata is held on the 7th of July (7/7). So this is highly highly related to the 7 year time skip.

It was already mentioned in the previous comments.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mr. Jones posted:

EDIT: By the way, another thing I realized after reading the chapters again is that Erika lied to Aya in chapter 2. When Aya told her she and Koto had started dating, Erika said "I already knew." However, in chapter 3 she told Koto she found out they were dating from Aya just now. I don't think she would lie to Koto so I think she lied to Aya. But why? What's the point of lying about something so insignificant? It just made her look petty.

She lied to Koto.

In first chapter, we can see she overheard the acceptance by Aya of Koto's confession.

So, in that café, she pretended to have heard it from Aya. Sounds an innocuous enough lie. It's true that Aya told her. She doesn't have to go out of her way to say she was spying on them seven years ago.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't know. It looks like Erika took everything from Aya for the last seven years. Took her roles and took her place at Koto's side.

I wonder if Erika made a wish on Tanabata for Aya to disappear and that led to the current situation. And at the end of a cycle of seven years, the wish expired and Aya came back. I think Erika isn't blameless in all this.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It was uploaded here today but released elsewhere 13 days ago, that's all.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mr. Jones posted:

Honestly, I wanna read a elf x human romance story where the main focus is the human looking for an immortality potion or some such thing. Like, c'mon, yall live in Magic Land. There's gotta be an archwizard you can rizz up to de-age you every few decades or something, right? If I was in a magic world, I would absolutely refuse to die of old age.

You fool! Magic never grants immortality without some kind of horrible soul-destroying caveat. Like that archwizard will make you her undying thrall or something

Since immortality is something impossible as far as we know, fiction always gives it an impossible price, so people won't feel dejected by their inability to attain it.

But it's only the way fiction is. It's not a rule of nature or whatever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yasako posted:

How are there 110 chapters and we've never heard of this prior though?

LINE manga are region locked to Japan.

They're not published in any magazine, whether online or physical.

This manga surfaced only when volumes were published.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 2:43AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

tbh, it's kinda boring.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, if we have to look for clues, I guess it would be in the Tanabata theme.

It all points to the summer triangle (vega deneb altair) and the legend of Hikoboshi and Orihime. Also, Tanabata literally means "the seventh evening of the seventh month"

Tanabata always falls seven days after the New Moon at the end of seven full lunar cycles.

Aya reappeared after seven years.

Etc, etc. The number 7 is particularly important in the Tanabata myth.

Maybe Aya and Koto are Orihime and Hikoboshi and the one separating them/keeping Aya from coming was Erika (did Erika confess loving one of them? It's still unclear).

But they're reunited after a 7 years cycle because fate wouldn't allow it.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dayominator posted:

Oof, translation wise I assume it's limited space but reading "conbini" is awkward lol

It's how Japanese people call it. And yeah, the bubble is too small to hold "Convenience Store".

It doesn't bother me. It's a common word for people who read manga.

last edited at Aug 24, 2023 3:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chikaon posted:

As of now, Erika is totally my type of character. If she turns out to be the villian... I'll support your wrongs girl!

I was kinda hoping it was gonna be the love triangle where they all have unrequited loves, but that ending makes me think it won't be :(

Nooo... that'd be a repeat of Nanashi no Asterism.

Nya-chan
Harmony discussion 12 Aug 15:03
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh wow, that was pretty stupid. Expecting 12/13 year olds to have already fallen in love and looking down on them because they didn't was the worst take ever. You don't have to be "in love" to express emotions in singing.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, that ending was to be expected. Nothing really original here.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Possible Aquarium visit and fortune telling?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't even remember who that prostitute is. A classmate?

All the female characters (except the teacher) look alike at this point.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cogito posted:

my guess is that Kyoka, the ice queen cosplayer, is Tsukiko's previous cosplay partner (and possibly romantic partner??)

I doubt it. Tsukiko's previous partner was dark haired and retired because of "age and lost of interest".

Kyoka is "blond" and seems to be rather young.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, I'm on the side of the "wait and see" people. The author is currently setting the background and if you look at it fairly, the chapters are pretty short.

We have seen a bit more than 50 pages worth of manga yet. Which amounts to around two chapters in other manga. I'll give this one time to see how it goes.

I'm not bothered by the fact there's a boy. provided that in the end, Yuri wins

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The way she brushes her teeth and wipes her mouth after the kiss probably hints that going out with him isn't that thrilling to her.

Her motive is probably to quell her feelings for Katagiri, or as a rebellion against something (her family?).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Midnightgunner posted:

There is nothing to spoil because this series is still ongoing. Chapter 19 came out like yesterday

What about the raws?

The raws came out like yesterday too. The scanlator is uber fast.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think there'll be any romance between Ruri and Hato. They both stated they were uninterested personally in romance. And indeed, I can't feel any romantic attraction between them.

So, if the author develops their relationship, I think it'll probably be an aromantic one.