Forum › Posts by SaxonSun

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Love triangle... I never use those faces or stuff but this merits a ;-;

Yeah, it was pretty apparent at the end of chapter 7. Sorta glad it ended there because I didn't like where it was going. Now I know for sure.

SaxonSun
Lily Love discussion 16 Apr 18:11
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Really liking the idea of Mew liking Donut first and making a go for it. Instead of Donut mulling over the idea of falling for a lesbian that may or may not like her.

last edited at Sep 11, 2015 11:15AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I just found this manhwa and I love it!! So much so that I had to create an account to join in the discussion, lol.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but it's something that's been stuck on my mind. What do you guys think was the reason Seol-a deliberately got close to Ji-hwan back when they were younger? A girl was looking on. Was this meant to imply that Seol-a liked her too? I think Ji-hwan said something about "back then I knew what you were thinking, so I allowed it. But now I have no idea". If he knew that Seol-a was using him to make the other girl jealous, shouldn't it be obvious that she now has a thing for No-rae?

Btw, do you all think of Seol-a as bi or gay?

I see it as unlikely that she liked the girl in school. She over heard them bad mouting her and saying how they weren't actually her friend, just pretending as to get close to the guys that fawned over Seol-a. So, she made it clear to claim him completely in order to stick it to the other girl. Now with No-rae, she is legitimately Seol-a's friend so her clinging to Ji-hwan didn't make sense as No-rae wasn't like the other girls.

If either of them are outright gay, I think it is Seol-a. I don't believe she has loved any guy yet and just went out with them just because really.

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 7:17AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

From my 5 Star list. To me, these are the best of the best. Whether you already read them or not, you should read them.
Kissing Mars - The best josei yuri out there in my opinion. It's just so perfect, so fulfilling.
Chatting at the Amber Teahouse - Best example of pure love in my opinion. So heartwarming.
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Wife and Wife - If you ever decide to pick this back up and get past the accent, you won't regret it. So cute.
Strawberry Shake Sweet
The Secret Recipe

From my 4 Star list. Either they had some minor flaw that bumped them down a bit or they just didn't quite have that edge to make it one of the best, these are all really great manga that if you have time to, you should definitely check out. Some of these have already been mentioned and that you've already read but I'll be listing them anyway.
Love DNA XX, Heart-Pounding Excitement at Mononoke Girls Academy, Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, Gokujou Drops, First Love Sisters, Poor Poor Lips, Cirque Arachne, Renai Manga, Mugen no Minamo ni, Raubritter, Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange, Philosophia, The Princess's Mirror, Banana no Nana, Salomelic, Love Flag Girls, Kimochi no Kotachi, Momo, Botan, and Lily Blossoms, Game, Her World, Twin Cake, Yamanko, Aqua Blue Cinema, Octave, Notes From the Garden of Lilies

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Some people read waaaay too much into this.

But then, I did the same with Stretch, or Citrus.. >///>

I'm not sure Ssamba delved that deep in the mind of her characters.

It's quite fun to read all these speculations anyway.

I think Fluttering Feelings is a fairly simple series, and I mean that in the best way possible. To me, I am not tempted to really get into the heads of the characters, not because the they are bland or predictable, but because they seem like real people and real people make pretty logical and normal decisions, so I think I can relate/understand them a bit more. Take this last chapter for example, No-rae didn't go make a scene, she didn't really do anything out of the ordinary, she came and picked up her friend that she was worried about. There was a hint of tension between her and Kyung-woo, but overall they were pretty civil to each other because while we may interpret that chapter as a crisis situation, nothing had even happened at that point. I don't know if you feel the same way, but that is what I have come to think. It has really made reading FF somewhat relaxing.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Love Fight had soooooooo much potential. I shed a tear everytime I think about what could have been.

Well the author is on here. Can always ask to see if they'll continue it at some point...

Wow, I wasn't aware. The name did sound familar. To think they were in plain sight...

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Love Fight had soooooooo much potential. I shed a tear everytime I think about what could have been.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

More Noriko x Rhiana please.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

It seems to me that it's heavily implied that he is the type to want to score and not an awkward in love guy x)

Sorry, but these are not facts. These are rumours. How many guys were there actually witnessing Kyung-Woo's championship? Ssamba puts quite a lot of attention to the rumours theme. Reread the beginning of chapter 23, for example, assuming you've never heard about Baek Seol-A and tell me what you think about her.

I think his attitude last chapter is evident he isn't very innocent. From the "tsk tsk" over Seol-a getting drunk to calling it "fucking embarrassing" after No-rae scolded him for using "shameless tactics" which obviously hit the nail on the head as he immediately admitted to himself that he was "found out." None of that is the personality of an awkward guy with a crush.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Maki x Nico? Check. Eri x Nozomi? Check. Hanayo x Rin? Check. Honoka x Kotori x Umi? Check.
Yep, everything is as it should be.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

The length seems to be a common complaint among the works of Momono Moto. But honestly, to me, she tells a better story in 8 pages than many others can tell in 40 or even more. I am a big fan of hers.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 12:34PM

SaxonSun
Your Fault discussion 08 Apr 09:26
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I have a very strong opinion that Ayaka was the only decent person. Though, it would only result in a rant as this all makes me pretty upset. Love triangle and NTR? I was far too careless.

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 9:32AM

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

My favorite part has always been the subtle self-compliment on pg. 16.

last edited at May 28, 2015 9:47PM

SaxonSun
I'm A Fool discussion 07 Apr 03:04
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

That paper bag we saw Kobayashi cary twice, once after blondie told her she was quitting soon, and again before she bought her coffee the day it was raining. Was it something she wanted to give her?

I think that might just be her purse. She carries a similar looking bag in her first appearences but you never get to see the front of it, the side with the ribbon.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, as far as I am concerned, it was a happy ending. I will forever adhere to the series description, it's worked well all this time.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I'd love it if Seol-a managed to overcome this on her own too. But I really don't think she's in a situation where she can physically defend herself. She's clearly drunk out of her mind, and Kyung-woo isn't.

I personally think if there's a parallel to the first time No-rae saved Seol-a, it will really strengthen their emotional bond, and connect the story together nicely plot-wise. In a world where everyone, man or woman, wants to take advantage of Seol-a, (except Ji-hwan and Min-jung), No-rae is kinda like her saviour. And I think if No-rae does save Seol-a again, she'll realize how much No-rae cares about her. Seol-a would question why No-rae would save her, when she was previously giving her the cold shoulder treatment. Who knows, maybe this would force No-rae to confess her feelings and explain why she wanted to ensure Seol-a's safety or why she was ignoring Seol-a before.

Even at this point in the story, Seol-a is still pretty dense/naive when it comes to love (for example when she said "Whether I drink a lot or not... is she my bf or what"). No-rae doesn't want to reveal her feelings for Seol-a. These two need events like this to catalyze their relationship, because otherwise it wouldn't go anywhere.

Yep, I think it's me wanting that personal victory for Seol-a, showing she isn't a child/naive like Ji-hwan says and No-rae refuses to believe, but in reality, I can accept she probably still is. While Seol-a may gain something at that moment, the other scenerio of No-rae showing up and helping will help their relationship and also Seol-a and her future. My excuse about Seol-a and texts won't quite cut it.
I say I don't want a parallel, but I think I'm going to love it just as much if it is. As you said, these events are necessary for their relationship and this one in particular. They were able to become friends through the first incident, but now, with how close they are and the current tension, this is definitely the biggest hurdle for them since the start of the story. I expect it to be a lot heavier than the first incident, with much greater consequences.
Sorry I have essentially reaffirmed what you just said, but yeah haha

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 2:28AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I may be alone in saying I want Seol-a to beat this on her own. They call him the "champion" but this is Seol-a we're talking about, a beautiful, intelligent, hard working, and independent woman. I don't want some player thinking he can make her his next conquest. Though, I don't think it will work for her character as she is a bit naive despite all of her awesome traits. Of course, if she does fight it alone, I would want No-rae playing some part, like Seol-a realizes what the texts mean or at that moment Seol-a realizing she loves No-rae. I don't know if I want a parallel to what happened with the other guy.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Kyung-woo, that bitch...

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

umm.. so is it going to be updated here?

When they're ready, I am sure.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I feel Kuttsukiboshi gives the same effect this manga would as an anime. Plus, it has a happy ending, this does not...

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 4:18AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Now as for that freshman guy.... I've got my eyes on him >=-l

Yep, guy definitely seems dangerous (not in a violent way) and unpredictable. He's been there since chapter 2, definitely has a role to play.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, as it is obviously not a oneshot, should we expect a chapter continuing where the first left off? I don't think a back story would do any good unless there was something more planned, their relationship wasn't exactly deep at the time of the first chapter so while they might have been in love, I don't think that is enough to justify more chapters of purely things in the past. Would have been better just to stay a oneshot in that case. I am all for a complete series though. Maybe they could get together without ruining the sad, but actually quite good, ending in chapter 1.

I don't think this is backstory. The light-haired girl in Ch2 isn't the same one from Ch1. The first was called Mihashi and that guy in Ch2 calls the girl there Taneda, so I'm guessing this is sometime in the future after Mihashi left.

Correct me if im wrong though.

Ah yeah, that does seem to be the case. Timeline wise I am a bit confused now though but yeah, I guess I made a bit of a fool of myself haha

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Ohh. I didn't think there was a chapter 2. Is there a chapter 3 or more?

Well it seems this chapter was just published 3 days ago so while there may be another chapter coming, nothing seems to be available to translate at the moment.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, as it is obviously not a oneshot, should we expect a chapter continuing where the first left off? I don't think a back story would do any good unless there was something more planned, their relationship wasn't exactly deep at the time of the first chapter so while they might have been in love, I don't think that is enough to justify more chapters of purely things in the past. Would have been better just to stay a oneshot in that case. I am all for a complete series though. Maybe they could get together without ruining the sad, but actually quite good, ending in chapter 1.

EDIT: This is all probably irrelevant now as it seems to be a different girl.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 7:26AM

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

A couple suggestions regarding the website in generel.

1) I like the idea of having upload requests work like tickets or like the suggestions where you can check the status of your request. Right now, your request is just sent off into the abyss and the only feedback is if you actually see your request uploaded randomly. Just helpful to know a little something.

2) A revisions page. It might be redundant to include "additions" but a page updated live cataloging the revisions and edits going on with the website. So stuff like removals due to licensing, edits to certain series or chapters, edits to website format, etc. None of it would be in depth, just a sentence or two. I think this would help a lot with transparency (though this isn't exactly necessary) and also just help show everyone the work that is put in and how everything works behind the scenes.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 10:46AM