Forum › Posts by sisya

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

i def raised a brow at Girl: It's not like she's lusting after the guys either... -- do others suspect she's a lesbian?

No, it's more along the lines of "Why did she date so many guys when she isn't even that thirsty?". They can tell that she's not some desperate guy-crazy girl, so they're confused as to why she's dated so many of them.

Could it be that Seol-a was in love with this girl in the past, ended up randomly dating the guy the girl was into to keep her away from a relationship; but at then end she lost the girl and her friendship.
So all this "dating men while not being thirsty" would be about her trying to keep her mind away from what she truly wants...?

sisya
Image Comments 16 Feb 06:14
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

You two! I command you to make babies.

Yes, with Bamba on top in the process.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

And right after, Maki really took good care of her...
Just have to click on a good Ooshima's one to see how it's done ;}

sisya
Lily Love discussion 15 Feb 17:55
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

I'm from the Philippines too :D kinda refreshing to know

Hi Yui, if you know yuri artists from Philippines - please share ;)

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'm always blown away by the quality of the scenario with this author. Would like more manga to be like that; tough, sharp, real.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Please check the /u/ FF thread if you want the rough translation. If you can't find the thread (Google is your best friend), just let me know and I'll link you there. Although our fiasco is over, I don't feel comfortable posting links here.

I have a question about posting a link for the korean raws. If we found some who posted the download links for the korean raws on another website, should I tell them to stop and give the link to the comico website instead?

If they post the raws without giving proper credit to ssamba, then yes please tell them to stop and link the comico website. Otherwise, I don't particularly find a problem with posting the raws, but that's my personal opinion as a scanlator. It would be proper to at least mention the comico link, so ssamba can get the appropriate views/traffic on their primary source on comico while the chapter is free.

You must be a kind of Goddess ~ ;}

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Why are the link for the comico website deleted ? Is this illegal to to share the legal reader ? x)

I guess it was to calm down the drama which was going on...
Now I am peace...peace-fully waiting.. for the translation....

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

did you guys notice the cover page. owo Sumi had her legs wrapped around banba's waist. owo Or I dunno maybe it's just me. XD

One thing I'd like to know is...where is Bamba's right hand (fufufu)
:}

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Well, we cannot force somebody to love us. No matter how ridiculous her reason sounds like, a rejection is a rejection.
What's up with the other girl tho...25 years chasing the same girl, 25 years being friendzoned and still begging for a date...she may need to see a counsellor or something ;)

last edited at Feb 14, 2015 9:58PM

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

The thing is love is a strong thing every once in a while. Timid girls have a hard time dumping girls who they love (Especially if they say they love you too) :(
Agree with everything you've said though.
LesbianSOLO 3 would most likely be about that girl who has a one-sided crush on both of her sex friends right?

That's true; no logic would easily defeat the feeling of love.
But to break up is worth it, especially when you realise that there is nothing to lose.
Indeed, we cannot lose something we do not possess; and when you are a mistress, you actually possess nothing.
It's like being a doormat that somebody uses to mop up the part of herself she cannot assume, so it doesn't leak out.

If the character accepts the idea that no relationship should ever makes her compromise on self-respect, then she will break free. No matter how painful it can be.

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

The cover definitely made my day ;}

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Can anyone explain the difference between watashi and atashi? And what about anta and omae?

Watashi is the polite/gender-neutral term to refer to oneself. It's just all around awesome because you can use it in almost any situation. Atashi (same kanji as watashi, just read differently) is the feminine casual way to refer to oneself. It's usually used by young women.

Anta is the casual contraction of anata, with anata being the polite form of "you". It's sometimes used by couples to refer to each other. Likewise, omae may be used by friends or couples, usually coming from males. It's quite impolite/derogatory otherwise.

^
I agree.
I also actually think that "omae" is pretty vulgar. Always heard it when people are upset.

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

If you're interested by the book the girl is reading: Edogawa Rampo's "The caterpillar" can apparently be found on Amazon, in the book named "Japanese Tales of Mystery and Imagination" by Edogawa Rampo, Patricia Bjaaland Welch.

Jin read it, I wanna read it too. //}

sisya
Image Comments 13 Feb 20:23
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014
5521a464d351084d3dd9ae8ced1033f4

Double...pleasure.

sisya
Image Comments 13 Feb 19:56
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Hahahahaha, gay marriage is now legal in my state!!!! Plus, we have the gayest City in the country. :3

Congrats!

sisya
Lily Love discussion 13 Feb 17:44
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Especially since real life definitely isn't as perfect yuri mangas in terms of looks lol.

(Nez Note Just a quick edit to make the quote a bit less obnoxious. Carry on, citizen.)

Funny i draw manga and cartoon and am good at it but if you truely think it is imposible to make ugly characters you are dead worng cause it takes skill to do so,it may look easy but it is not....it's not but once your good your good :-)

Got a Pixiv, Deviant, Tumblr where you share your art?

sisya
Lily Love discussion 13 Feb 09:57
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

You list lesbians, toms and dees seperately. Do you mean to say that toms and dees are not exactly lesbians, they are another sexual identity in Thailand, separate from lesbians?

I think it's like our tomboys, butch, fem, ultra fem....

This just showed up on my facebook newsfeed this morning: http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/this-documentary-explores-thailands-queer-tomboy-culture#.dmEwGgPLy
So toms and dees must be not seen as lesbians then.
"You have to have a flat chest." Must be tough for some. Either have said flat chest, bind your entire life, get top surgery or go home. :-/ Have yet to watch the actual documentary.

Since we're on the subject of MoC queer women, i've been wondering...how do people feel about submissive MoC queer women? Or those that are more versatile bottoms? Like do they exist? OK, dumb question, of course they do, but are they (we?) as rare as i think?

Really interesting.
Way more complex than what I thought. Lot of boxes created to put specific variations in.
I wonder why nobody talks about the fact that some of them might be taking testosterone injections.
To answer to your question, I don't know if it is rare; but it does feel like when you're more a tomboy than a fem, you also have to come out as a bottom oriented one. Kind of scary.

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Can't help but to think the married lover is quite egoistic. She uses the other girl to have fluffy sex but still married that man who seems pretty useless...

Considering the possibility, or better the lack thereof, as well as the societal pressures faced by lesbian couples in Japan regarding artificial insemination, combined with the missing proper legal status for same-sex couples, I can imagine that women who desperately want a child will indeed compromise to a certain extent to make that wish come true. Many authors more or less directly address this phenomenon, in my mind often writing stories that hit home due to them sadly being pretty realistic (think Yui7's "Spring Haze: The Path We Walk On" or Amano Shuninta's "Mama Mama"). Not quite as light and fluffy as one might want, but I find many of said tales all the more heart-warming because of the way in which they depict people coping with what is far from an ideal situation.

Even in countries where we have full rights: marriage, adoption, artificial insemination; you will find lesbians being married to men and with kids, doing other women outside there marriage.
Some women just want to stay in the closet, so they can virtually enjoy the life of pretending being heterosexual in society. To lie, to use, to betray are for some survival acts.

I witnessed the mess coming from those kind of people, how they doomed their family and others in their selfishness.
That's why I think that, in a country where there is no death penalty for homosexuality, if the woman you are in love with is weak enough to deny everything that you are in order to protect her dome of lies, then dump her. Dump her and move on.

Is there gonna be LesbianSOLO! 3? Would love to read it!

sisya
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Girls...
Married women are a waste of time.
Just...don't.
^ ^"

sisya
Lily Love discussion 12 Feb 07:59
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

http://beta.ookbeecomics.com/manga-and-comics/Lily-Love/detail-page/93?lang=th ;D raww

What is ookbeecomics?
Just a platform or more like a web publisher?

sisya
Lily Love discussion 12 Feb 07:53
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

God! I didn't expect to found my country manga here!
(Cause many people in Thailand prefer Yaoi more than Yuri, that's why it's hard to find mangas, novels or one-shots that have Yuri even thought there are many lesbians, Tom[A woman that love girls and dress like man/boy], Dy[Prefer both man and woman])
Better dig this manga. (=゚ω゚)ノ

You list lesbians, toms and dees seperately. Do you mean to say that toms and dees are not exactly lesbians, they are another sexual identity in Thailand, separate from lesbians?

I think it's like our tomboys, butch, fem, ultra fem....

sisya
Poll #6: Snow? 11 Feb 18:22
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Just cold dry wind up here.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Basically what happened was that a user from dynasty reported our actions to an author we were interested in working on scanlating, as well as to their publisher's site. So one project was ended prematurely (A Pet's Aesthetic), and another was ended before we could even consider starting on it (What Does the Fox Say).

Going to an author, like, whatever, I kinda get that. It's their work. But who the hell snitches to a money grubbing corporation like a publisher? That makes no sense to me.

That's pretty harsh. Somehow I don't think the publisher in this case is like, Rupert Murdoch or something. They're just a publisher, a normal sort of business.

Dreaming of the day where artists will stop selling their translation rights into the whole package they give to the publisher when they contract with them.

sisya
Yurihouse is dead 11 Feb 16:01
Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Thanks for all the hard work Yurihouse!!!

Nothing's going to happen to us.

"Dynasty senpai ... Hold me tight, tell me you'll never leave me"
I always found curious how this forum doesn't let you send private messages, is all just for discussion but I love it, irc is not for me... I will met you guys only through this forum. I really really want dynasty to prevail for many years

I approve this message.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Thank you for all the support, everyone. Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here on out. It would be great if those who don't understand the purpose of scanlations kept their noses out of our business.

Basically what happened was that a user from dynasty reported our actions to an author we were interested in working on scanlating, as well as to their publisher's site. So one project was ended prematurely (A Pet's Aesthetic), and another was ended before we could even consider starting on it (What Does the Fox Say).

I have my little idea about who this could be.
Would be great if we could trash this person out of here.

I don't understand for (What Does the Fox say), did the author or the publisher directly contact you?