Forum › Posts by YuriLoveFan

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

"Is this the age of Yuri?!"

It sure is!

I wish...so far the best yuri anime ever released is Inugami To Nekoyama, a short episode series, and Sakura Trick, a series where girls kiss each other literally just to kiss each other...lol
ONE DAY THOUGH, I BELIEVE WE WILL HAVE A FANTASTIC YURI ANIME! A REAL ANIME TOO! No three minute long episodes! IT'LL HAVE A PLOT! AND ROMANCE! WON'T BE OVERDRAMATIC! IT'LL JUST BE GOOD! AND THAT DAY WILL BE BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT!
silently waits for the Girlfriends anime that will never come...

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 2:29AM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I was so worried this was gonna be super dramatic and I didn't want to go to sleep with something depressing on the mind so I just totally flipped over my reading order and it turns out it was literally the most happy go lucky thing Takemiya has ever made lol. I'M LOVING THIS PERIOD OF NO TAKEMIYA OVERDRAMATICNESS!
Would've preferred a more concrete ending to this one though EVEN THOUGH I STILL LOVE IT!

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

That was amazing.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Sudden, bad ending? How unexpected.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Wait...is this a new series...I feel like I've read a yuri/shoujo-ai with this EXACT SAME PLOT before translated...

YuriLoveFan
Junk/Jewel discussion 15 Dec 14:24
joined Jul 8, 2013

Is Takemiya the one on point lately or is it the translators who are on point when picking out what stuff to translate cuz damn! Good shit from Takemiya lately.
Also, like I said in yesterdays Takemiya release, I honestly think Takemiya shines when she doesn't fill her shit to the brim with angst and bullshit and downright unlikable characters. Chouchou Nannan I feel is the level of angst that Takemiya should just aim for with all her releases (if not comedy, because I think she's good at that too). Chouchou Nannan was honestly one of my favorites of Takemiya.

YuriLoveFan
Ayame 14 discussion 14 Dec 23:59
joined Jul 8, 2013

Well, I mean, a person who commented not even a month ago said they skimmed it and didn't notice any real yuri...And I know that the series isn't over yet but I'm just concerned that its exactly that mindset that's gonna wind up devastating me lol.

That was me. I looked at the first 2 volumes and there isn't any relationship development. Just Ayame being very horny. I don't know about what would eventually come next.

But it's obviously not a romance manga. If I recall correctly, author said she wanted to explore that period of time when teens are not child anymore, but not adults yet and all the awkwardness, horniness and confusion that comes with it. So we may get girls exploring their sexuality together (after all, it's Shuninta), but maybe not "real" romance.

Well, I mean, I feel like Shuninta keeps pairing these girls off together and they clearly each feel something for each other so I was just kinda hoping that lead somewhere...Well, the series isn't over yet, right? Maybe something, aka LITERALLY ANYTHING CONCRETE, will happen lol.

YuriLoveFan
Ayame 14 discussion 14 Dec 14:54
joined Jul 8, 2013

Can somebody who's read the raws tell me if any of the romance between the girls in this series stops being implied and actually enters relationship territory? Just want to know what I should be expecting to prevent disappointment.

Haven't read any further than you but like, it's Amano Shuninta writing a yuri manga. Pretty sure there's gonna be romance and relationships in some form.

Well, I mean, a person who commented not even a month ago said they skimmed it and didn't notice any real yuri...And I know that the series isn't over yet but I'm just concerned that its exactly that mindset that's gonna wind up devastating me lol.

YuriLoveFan
Lily Love discussion 14 Dec 14:52
joined Jul 8, 2013

See in every other drama series something is going to happen to Mew while the other girls are in the bathroom. And that's what scares the ever living shit out of me right now.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, I've always felt that Takemiya Jin is just so much better when she stops trying to make the story overly dramatic by just tacking on bullshit development on top of already bullshit development. Instead, when she just tries to make a normal romance series with super lovable characters, IT'S FUCKING GREAT. I'm not saying that she should never do drama but I think the issue with Takemiya is that she simply has no middle between comedy and OVERLY DRAMATIC lol. FIND THAT COMPROMISE JIN, PLZ! Your talent is constantly being overshadowed by how much bullshit you fill most of your series with lol.
I don't remember the name of the series but I feel like that series she did about the group of four friends that started off as two groups of two friends before fusing together. CHOUCHOU NANNAN! That was it. I feel like that series has the balance of drama and everything else that I feel Takemiya should aim for (although at times that series kinda went overboard too lol). But yeah, that was a pretty good series because Takemiya didn't fill it up with so much god damn bullshit that I felt little else other than anger and hate towards all the characters like she has done so often lol. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 2:43PM

YuriLoveFan
Ayame 14 discussion 14 Dec 13:27
joined Jul 8, 2013

Can somebody who's read the raws tell me if any of the romance between the girls in this series stops being implied and actually enters relationship territory? Just want to know what I should be expecting to prevent disappointment.

YuriLoveFan
Otome Ouji discussion 14 Dec 13:26
joined Jul 8, 2013

^Having read the first chapter I will say there is some subtext in here between those characters.

If you're caught up then you know that that is literally just never ever happening lol. The two characters literally barely have any contact since then and, frankly, it's looking like it's not even gonna be a yuri and its just gonna be a one-sided crush from the Vice President. Actually, the person that they established as the MC in chapter 1 LITERALLY DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A ROLE ANYMORE. It just really upsets me because I was hoping for something good from this series and it literally just kinda did the opposite of everything it seemed to imply it would do.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Nevri

venom

so what will happen if they made out? sounds dizzying.

Their bodies will merge.

Merging trough a kiss? I have seen that before and the result is beautiful, and then it becomes a titan...

The way you define making out terrifies me, for the record lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

This was really nice I kind of wish this anime had a continuation. But this time no unnecessary stupid plot twist >.>. Like it would had been great they expended on her powers and if she is the only one who can do it. What if there are only a selective few that can do it? what if there is a government facility out there looking for individuals like her? The plot could had been about them fighting against these individuals. It could had also been about the main not wanting to hurt blonde (whats her name).God so much potential with this but nothing >:T
I I keep talking about all this things about wanting a decent yuri but maybe I should just make my own yuri lol. Sad part I dont have a decent drawing pad :/

What about a yuri story where if u happen to engage in lesbian sex an exchange of energy occurs and transforms the energy it takes to breed and give birth into the manefestation of supernatural powers(that of course vary based on individual talents) that is then coveted by a select group of special operatives...? Oh and they all live together dorm style(for kinks) lol ^_^
I know its not elegant; my description but it was the fastest way to describe it... now who will draw this, lol ;p

That sounds like Valkyrie Drive
One girl sexually arouses the other, and the latter becomes a weapon of some sort.
And they're all sent to an artificial island, so it's an island full of teenage girls with this ability

THANK GOD YOU SAID THAT.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Chapter 44 got released prematurely >:-(
The file will probably be updated in a bit with some corrections.

We have raws for all the chapters that have been released and translations for the next 3 volumes. It's mostly a matter of editing at this point.

Oh that's good to hear. I only asked originally because last time a volume got finished there was like a full 6 month or longer break until the next update (I may be exaggerating the time since I barely remember but it was a while lol). Glad to hear, that I won't have to wait in anticipation for too long. Really been enjoying these much more consistent updates.

Now a question...Can we expect anything good in the yuri/relationship departments...? No details necessary but a yes or no and if its coming soon or in like 20 or 30 chapters would be appreciated...I just want to know just how long we're gonna have to deal with the mangaka dragging out some of these relationships that should've been dealt with already lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I hope this leads to some actual romance rather than just the joking around like a lot of comedy yuri series tend to do. Also, was it just me or did Ichinose's personality COMPLETELY change the moment they first swapped bodies (and yes, I'm aware they swapped bodies but I mean her personality changed once she entered Nikaido's. She seemed much more calm,quiet, and serious during the color pages at the start.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Okay so I know that this is either based on the anime or the anime is based off of this. And I know that these doujinshis are actually a series (because I've seen quite a few at this point). But how exactly DOES THIS RELATE TO THE PART WHERE SHE'S SLEEPING WITH HER FUCKING BROTHER!? Seriously, how the fuck is this series/doujinshis related to the anime, can somebody explain that to me? Are the OVAs based off of these or are these based off the OVAs? When exactly, in the timeline of Kuttsukiboshi, does this take place? Before or after main girl finds out the blonde is cheating on her by sleeping with her own older brother? I'd just like to know.

I feel like this comment makes me come across as enraged with this series, but I'm really not...well, I'm mad about the parts marked with the spoiler bars because an unbelievably fucking stupid and cheap plot twist and really just kind of ruined the whole thing for me but I'd really like to know if this is somehow officially related/connected to the OVAs.

Okay, well now I know that this was made by the same person that made the OVAs...*sigh* Was really hoping that that FUCKING BULLSHIT INCEST PIECE OF SHIT PLOT TWIST wasn't canon anymore... How fucking stupid...
Well at least these doujinshis are at least 100x better than the OVAs were. Not sure if there's any point to censoring the nipples only if you're gonna show EVERYTHING ELSE tho lol. Especially if one of the characters are biting the nipple and you specifically give a good two or three panels to focus on that bite...that just...that just doesn't make sense to me lol.

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 11:38PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Okay so I know that this is either based on the anime or the anime is based off of this. And I know that these doujinshis are actually a series (because I've seen quite a few at this point). But how exactly DOES THIS RELATE TO THE PART WHERE SHE'S SLEEPING WITH HER FUCKING BROTHER!? Seriously, how the fuck is this series/doujinshis related to the anime, can somebody explain that to me? Are the OVAs based off of these or are these based off the OVAs? When exactly, in the timeline of Kuttsukiboshi, does this take place? Before or after main girl finds out the blonde is cheating on her by sleeping with her own older brother? I'd just like to know.

I feel like this comment makes me come across as enraged with this series, but I'm really not...well, I'm mad about the parts marked with the spoiler bars because an unbelievably fucking stupid and cheap plot twist and really just kind of ruined the whole thing for me but I'd really like to know if this is somehow officially related/connected to the OVAs.

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 11:30PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

We appear to have reached the end of volume 3 (or 2, I didn't really check but I noticed the kanji). Does that mean that we shouldn't be expecting any translations for a while now?

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 5:16AM

YuriLoveFan
Demande discussion 04 Dec 12:41
joined Jul 8, 2013

This wasn't even really...What...Was this an extra to an other series or something...Because my opinion on this greatly depends on the answer to that question.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I knew it would escalate. And I knew that somehow murder would be involved. But this is not what I thought it would be lol.

YuriLoveFan
Magan&Danai discussion 03 Dec 12:22
joined Jul 8, 2013

If only insecticide killed cockroaches that easily...

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

See, this is the good shit! When they actually show the progression from starting a relationship to going to the next level. That's the shit I want to see. THAT'S ROMANCE! Granted, I would have preferred A LOT more development, but nonetheless I much prefer this to the oneshots/series where the characters jump straight into sex or just go around sleeping with every female character they can find within a 10 mile radius and then it's a dozen times worse when they try to call it romance.*cough* Nadeshiko Hiyori cough Well, that was the weirdest sounding cough I've ever had.
People call me a pervert when I say "I wanna see them get to have sex" but I don't mean "I want to see them have sex," I fucking mean I WANNA SEE THEM GET THERE lol. They can skip the actual scene for all I care. As long as they don't skip everything that should come before. It's honestly one of my favorite things about that yuri manga that we all know and love, Girlfriends.

last edited at Dec 1, 2015 1:40AM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

WTF even happened in chapter 40? lol It was all so sudden that I'm really not sure it means what I hope it means. Another chapter that REALLY could've used a continuation lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

See, I just think the plotline this manga is taking is so much more interesting than what the anime had lol. That's all I really have to say about that.