Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Which brings me to my last point: Can you name me one dictatorship in the history of ever that has worked out well?

"Mussolini made the trains run on time."

Nezchan Moderator
Butterfly discussion 24 Nov 15:52
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

release post link is incorrect.

Fixed, thanks for the tip.

Nezchan Moderator
Butterfly discussion 24 Nov 14:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I do find the Canon stuff is a good place to start, using Chikaon's method. Silent Sinner In Blue gives you Marisa and Reimu, Yukari and Ran, the SDM characters and a glimpse of Kaguya and Eirin. Those are pretty much the most common characters you'll run into in doujins in general so once you have the basics of them it's easy to branch out and get to know the rest.

Nezchan Moderator
Butterfly discussion 24 Nov 13:10
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, that was wonderful! More from Takemiya Jin please.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 24 Nov 09:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait nez were you always a mod?
Because i feel like that's a new thing.

Brand spankin' new! Just became a mod yesterday, check the stickies.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 23 Nov 23:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dang, that's an awkward pose. Maybe a little life drawing might help?

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 23:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I rather like western lesbian romance novels (Georgia Beers and Karin Kallmaker are particularly good authors) and for the most part they don't include a whole lot of anti-gay environments.

Do they have friends who support them (or simply don't care about their orientation and accept them for who they are)?

As a general rule, yes. Most of the lesbian romance novels I've read, although keep in mind I generally stick to award-winners like Beers and Kallmaker so there's a certain level of quality, the main characters are generally surrounded by supportive friends, co-workers and family. And the women in question (with the exception of one story that was about a woman belatedly discovering she liked girls) are pretty much all out as well. It's a nice world to visit, for sure.

Bit of a sidenote, a thought: A lot of japanese mangas make me wonder if they even have friends, do they hang out with a group of buddies and just chill?... The general anti-gay environment is usually reflected onto the characters' thoughts "but we are both girls." or keeping things secret from faceless and nameless background characters, rarely see groups of friends representing a closer environment to the MCs.

Agree with you on that, can't really think of many like this one where you've got a little mini-community that accepts its members' ways without question. Although stuff like Beck, which I mentioned before, does give a peek into underground youth culture in Japan which largely doesn't make it into the mangas.

I wish it would, it's fascinating stuff. I'd love to see a yuri manga that gets into the Japanese punk scene, for instance.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 23 Nov 21:14
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Art01

Man, her eyes are HOT!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Suggestion: Official recognition that Thiron is awesome.

But you're official, so you just did!

You win this round...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Suggestion: Official recognition that Thiron is awesome.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 18:52
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have a lot of great feelings over this comic. But I wanna comment on how fucking solid Sun Jing's friends are. Usually, in this type of histories, she being a lesbian is a public secret and nobody comments on it. Here, everybody is pretty cool about it, as it should be. Seriously, what a refreshing one. I sure hope this goes on forever

This is one thing I love about Miyabi's work, or Wife and Wife. They, like this, take place in worlds where homosexuality is no big and why wouldn't a girl fall in love with a girl for crying out loud. Their Story takes it that much further into a very relatable real world setting where the response to "there's a girl I like" isn't "wait, you're a dyke?" but "well go talk to her and get her number, sheesh!"

Most glaring cause of this is japan and their generalized views on homosexuality. I haven't read any western works but I bet that if we had lots of lesbian romance comics/stories we would find environments like this one frequently, and it would not be such a rarity.

It's China in this case. Not really knowledgeable about how young people there view female homosexuality (which can be much different from how male homosexuality is viewed, which I also don't know).

I rather like western lesbian romance novels (Georgia Beers and Karin Kallmaker are particularly good authors) and for the most part they don't include a whole lot of anti-gay environments. Only stories I can think of are one that takes place in San Francisco in the 70s and wraps up with response to Harvey Milk's murder, and one with a homophobic old man who kills the partner of a friend of the MC's. But seriously, that's about it.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 18:07
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have a lot of great feelings over this comic. But I wanna comment on how fucking solid Sun Jing's friends are. Usually, in this type of histories, she being a lesbian is a public secret and nobody comments on it. Here, everybody is pretty cool about it, as it should be. Seriously, what a refreshing one. I sure hope this goes on forever

This is one thing I love about Miyabi's work, or Wife and Wife. They, like this, take place in worlds where homosexuality is no big and why wouldn't a girl fall in love with a girl for crying out loud. Their Story takes it that much further into a very relatable real world setting where the response to "there's a girl I like" isn't "wait, you're a dyke?" but "well go talk to her and get her number, sheesh!"

Nezchan Moderator
New slaves 23 Nov 17:44
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Congrats on the new assignments. So, it ended up only being two new helpers after all?

They're building a robot for the third. Hopefully not a killer robot, but you take what you can get.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What I love is that Dowman's version isn't really that different from the original.

More mystery nipples is all.

Nezchan Moderator
New slaves 23 Nov 15:35
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In Mikuni day,
In Dowman night,
No kitchens shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship het hentai's might,
Beware my power:

MOD NEZCHAN'S LIGHT!

Nezchan Moderator
New slaves 23 Nov 15:30
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thank you, thank you.

Should I take a victory lap around the forums now?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So who else is pulling for Inukai x Akane?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I could gush forever about this manga bu-- HEY A PHEASANT!

Here, lemme show you how to catch...hey, c'mere...

Nezchan Moderator
MariAli discussion 23 Nov 11:11
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My own thought is that this is hundreds of years in the future, with Alice finally passing away (although not having visibly aged since she's a youkai) and finally reuniting with the spirit of her beloved Marisa.

This is how it's implied but the dialog makes no sense if it's taken that way since it would be Marisa waiting on Alice not the other way around.

I dunno, Alice waiting for Marisa to come get her and take her onward at the end of her life makes sense.

Though in my opinion coming to Alice for that discussion was dumb of Marisa in the first place. She admits to being aware of Alice's feelings but she doesn't stop to think how what she's saying sounds.

100% in character for Marisa, I'd say. =D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gods_childrens_day#4
Rather "hyon" thing? What?

Not the same as Myon I think.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 10:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Loving that this is here, seriously. Also loving how natural this couple is, although the blonde seems to be taking a bit of time to adjust to Sun Jing's more casual lifestyle. I don't often see this sort of youth culture displayed in Japanese yuri (or manga at all, aside from stuff like Beck) so it's pretty cool to have even a tiny window into that world.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if this has the most views because it's an awesome story, about MakiNico, or cause it has a sex scene...

It's also the romantic bit, which is nice too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hard to believe it's Pikachi based on the art, it's so different from their other work. An early effort, maybe?

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, those art and tone shifts are jarring. It's a cute idea, but wow.

And the magic cat ears, where did that come from?

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Het + Lolicon = No Sale