Forum › Posts by smirkingtyrant

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

yet i still wonder, what good is an empty apology?

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

What is “empty” about her apology?

What would constitute an apology that was not “empty”?

i wonder why it is, that you always seem to need a clarification on some of the most basic concepts?

anyway, an empty apology is a meaningless expression of regret for wrongdoing, and in regards to chapter 30, its displayed in how the author has minimized the ill will of the victim of the wrongdoing, to the extent that the apology given rings hallow, instead it ends up feeling like some kind of a bad joke.

after all, the author set up this sham of a dramatic plot line by having a non-consensual kiss lead into surprise domestic violence, then payed said drama off by having the victim of domestic violence blackmail the victim of the non-consensual kiss into giving her a kiss on the cheek she slapped, in the name of calling things even.

and, i would love to say that this is the end since this is already bad enough, but for some reason the author is hell bent on making this manga the best comedy possible, as kurumi proceeds to once again steal a kiss from ruriko repeating the mistake that started the drama, and yet this time its seen as an acceptable act somehow?

tldr.

What is “empty” about her apology?

her apology feels “empty” as a result of the author making light of her wrongdoing.

What would constitute an apology that was not “empty”?

serious reflection and genuine introspection.

The “kiss steal” is to show that this time there is no boundary being crossed, she is not violating the boundary again lol. Felt like a very genuine apology, tied up with some sugary sweetness, but writing is one of those wondrous things where it hits everyone involved differently.

I for one hope this series gets at least two more volumes

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

How come this has a kissing scene while Crescent Moon and Doughnuts doesn't? Lol

Ikr! Bored me silly

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

D-do they bang after this? Maybe Im just pervy...

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

I think Fuuko is a hero because she's hot and manipulating people is badass. She's the Odysseus of this story.

Yuni's actions make perfect sense here and she's 100% making the right play. She wants to have her cake and eat it too, so why wouldn't she rush into Nanase's arms? It's not like Fuuko will give up on her. Yuni wants to have BOTH Nanase and Fuuko obsessed with her, and this is a step in the right direction.

Nanase is the only one acting irrationally here. She should dump the cheating bitch and get with her volleyball friend. She's blaming herself because she didn't pay Yuni enough attention, but that's stupid. God damn, have some self-respect.

THE ODYSSEUS OF THE STORY

I LOVE THAT ANALYSIS

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

I didn't know people could get banned on here for differing opinions, kinda lame

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Liked seeing senpai again

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Liked seeing senpai again

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Imma just start assuming if it has the het tag it’s probably garbage writing

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

You understand why it took me 9 months to do that chapter, lol.

It's never pleasant when something you're working on is shat on at every turn.

I don't know when I'll do the next chapters, but I'll surely do, because not finishing something is against my work ethics.

“Shat on at every turn” is a bit of an exaggeration . There are plenty of strange dudes praising it intermixed within all the valid criticism.

Keep up the hard work

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

You understand why it took me 9 months to do that chapter, lol.

It's never pleasant when something you're working on is shat on at every turn.

I'm sorry about that... but keep in mind that this is also a way to appreciate a good story. Seriously! ^_^

Some stories are all about fluffy love between nice people, and everyone will squee and claim the story is like happiness balm for the soul. Some stories are about bad guys who gets punished for their evil deeds, and everyone will feel schadenfreude at their misfortune. Some stories are about good girls who are victimized because the world is mean and unfair, and everyone will go "Aww poor baby!" on them. And some stories are like this one, and make the readers so angry they call for torches and pitchforks and death and blood. That's okay, too! As long as the story doesn't leave you completely indifferent, it's a job well done.

I wouldn’t call lesbians saying this is a disgusting , recycled fetishization of their lifestyle a form of enjoying it. I’d actually consider it one of the few times on this site a series has actually failed and is only enjoyed by openly “i wanna fuck gay girls” dudes who enjoy interjecting themselves and their nasty kinks in sapphic areas, and the occasion self-hating wlw.

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Some manga turn out so bad even after 20+ chapters I can drop it...but this one? I'll read to the end. The story doesn't have much depth yet but it feels good reading after a hectic day. Maybe there'll be a threesome at the end?...XD

Love the comments too I haven't experienced this in a while.

I have a feeling you experience lesbians being uncomfortable by you and your desires all the time

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Also why in the fuck would you not immediately tell your best friend who was into this guy that he is a massive creeper? Yeah it'll suck to have her crush stomped on, but you know what'd suck harder? Her getting taken in by him, abused, manipulated, abandoned, treated as a pawn for him to get to you.

Lol you would think, right? But no, she's apparently just "confused" and it's understandable. And she's not just going to hide it from her friend. Shes actually still planning to actively support her friends quest for this guy. It's so mad, it's funny. Knowing the future of the manga, how the guy is treated and how the girls react to him makes it worse and solidifies my opinion about the author's intentions here.

Yep, writer's got bad intentions.

The men who enjoy this sort of thing and who it's made for are literally right above us ^

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

and ironically, some people think we should be thankful for getting any yuri manga or getting a f/f ending when love triangles occur with a het storyline like this but i really do want to stress something to anyone who reads this
there are subtle undertones in this manga that are deeply disturbing. (especially for wlw) that cold feeling in your stomach, that sickness of "wow, somehow, this male character makes me feel disgusting and wrong about something just by existing" its a strange phenomenon, but its not because you hate men and dont let anyone talk you into thinking that. its because this type of character has existed throughout history and is real. this type of man is part of why the world is the way it is today -

do some self-care after reading this manga if you do:

find some wholesome yuri manga where the taboo of same-sex love is not used as torture tool to milk your emotions, you deserve more than that and lets be honest

THESE GIRLS AINT EVEN HOT ENOUGH FOR THIS TO BE WORTH IT

drops mic

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 11:51PM

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Nowhere because none translated it (either in Spanish or otherwise).

I'll get back to it. I have the next chapter cleaned and I started to TL/TS, but I'm swamped with other projects.

Also, that it got axed is an urban legend (or wishful thinking from those who hate guys in their yuri manga).

I think most people hate rapist dudes in their yuri manga, especially considering how this one turns out

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

This is meant for the male-minded, for sure.

To any of you pure yuri readers wondering if this is going to be worth it, this has already shown startling amounts of problematic and homophobic tropes so I'd say no, go for wholesome and give this heap a pass until it's finished being scanned.
I'd recommend giving it a pass, it's meant to traumatize lesbians to some degree, angst tag is def adequate.

smirkingtyrant
Liberty discussion 12 Jun 18:37
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Not really surprised by the whole slave thing considering the fact that Izu-sama (Kitta Izumi) is sadistic af and tweeting that she's tired moving stuffs around her new place so a slave would be nice.

Wait, what does that have to do with anything? :O

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

THIS IS NOT AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.

But it has the possibility of becoming one.

It's sad how people on this site don't know that.

Hence the line "I should be afraid but it's exciting" That was put there for a reason. Instead of "I'm afraid but I love her" or something like that.

People jumping to too many conclusions off of something that doesn't give enough information.

smirkingtyrant
Image Comments 24 Feb 05:55
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

compared to the yaoi art and het stuff, i'd say yea it's pretty rare but that's the case in any fandom

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

KEI IS MY FAVORITE TYPE OF CHAR

I want more Kei sobs That "dopey-and-harmless" secretly sadistic older woman aesthetic, it kills me every time

Mira is best mangaka, I wish I could tell her that! Loved all the manga that came out !!

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

GOOD SHIT

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Obviously all bisexual women are cheaters.

Right? Right?

Oh wait, that's just bisexual women in Kodama Naoko universe. My b guys

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Short, cute, but simple.

Loved it