Forum › Posts by LilyBlack

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Do you normally masturbate when you think of bad stuff that happened to you and are all depressed?

This. Same question.

No, but I guess she uses it as a distraction and as a coping method. Though I don't know how realistic this is...

I had an ex who used to do the same thing, so I find it pretty believable. It was a way of retreating into herself and giving herself comfort when the world felt overwhelming. And just like Chika, even if it made her feel better she didn't feel good about doing it; she worried a little bit that she'd end up conditioning herself to have a fetish for the things that were stressing her out.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

I feel like this is an alternate reality where Madoka, Kyouko and Sayaka are from the future and know that Homura will become a yandere so they’re all trying to appease her

I think this might be the Rebellion world. So Madoka and Sayaka do know.

Homura doesn't have the salamander earring in this, though, which is the most distinctive change in her character design post-Rebellion.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

The companion piece is now up: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/midsummer_beast

It... definitely adds some interesting new information.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

i like how the last page seems heartwarming at first but then you think about it some more and realize she's basically saying "I'm glad you're the one feeling insecure in this relationship instead of me" and that's kinda messed up. Well, that's Naoko Kodama for you.

LilyBlack
Image Comments 04 Nov 05:04
joined Aug 28, 2016
Yandere2

It takes a lot of force to break someone's femur. I have to wonder, just what'd she do, hit him with a car?

joined Aug 28, 2016

This seems like the kind of story that might end with Yuki becoming a human again once her role as snow maiden is no longer needed. There's a lot of other different ways it could go, but I just hope it's not something tragic.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

From the way page 17 was framed and the events leading up to it, I was kinda worried for a minute that they were still naked while they were getting married.

joined Aug 28, 2016

I really don't understand the point of bothering to identifying oneself as agender to others. Basically, this just means the person has no sense of gender and thus is completely indifferent to gender rolls and what society sees them as, right? So basically if they are completely indifferent and neutral when it comes to the idea of gender then they can pretty much just roll with whatever is easiest and fits the situation best aka if they are physically male they would use the guys bathroom. They would also have no objection to society treating them as male because the entire idea of gender rolls are just meaningless to them.

It's not that they see gender roles as meaningless or are indifferent to them but that they don't fit into either male or female. For many agender people, being perceived as male and being perceived as female are both distressing, and they don't want to be thought of or treated as either. To put it another way, it's not that they don't care, but that they care about not being male and they also care about not being female.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 10:17PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Not just love triangle but they're seriously making Mogu a binary trans girl. I liked having a feminine person not having a gender. It makes everyone gay

I don't interpret the latest chapter that way. Mogu seems to be trying to force themselves to be a girl because they feel like it'll be easier for other people to accept them that way, and they're clearly uncomfortable with it. I mean, it's possible that the story drops that angle and Mogu is suddenly okay with being a girl, but I think and hope that that's not the way it's going.

joined Aug 28, 2016

We already know that vampires go through a cycle of rebirth, so Sara being part of a similar cycle alongside her would make a lot of sense if that really is what's going on. Either that, or Iris just has a type.

If it is a cycle, though, can Iris break it this time? She wants Sara to live, but it doesn't seem like she has an actual plan for how to achieve that.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Oh, btw, second page: “Until you came, at least.” should actually be: “Until you came, at last.”

Hopefully it will be corrected.

I think "at least" is actually correct there. It's meant as a contrastive phrase, like "or at least that's what I thought until you came".

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Yeah, if they're really gonna leave this plot thread at that, it feels kinda shallow and overwrought at the same time, like the author wanted to put a Big Serious Issue in there but didn't know how to treat it with appropriate gravity.

joined Aug 28, 2016

I interpreted the injuries as being from a suicide attempt, especially with the way she's always dangling halfway out of that high window when Hayashi comes to visit her.

LilyBlack
Image Comments 16 Sep 22:43
joined Aug 28, 2016
Tumblr_pf1gcbe4e51u437uqo1_1280

Soleil's primary character trait is that she flirts with girls, but she can't actually marry any of them (unless you hack your game). A lot of her supports were written pretty weirdly and not particularly well in general.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Aside from the sensation itself, the idea of leaving a visible mark on someone or having them leave a mark on you can be pretty appealing if you're the kind of person who finds possessiveness a turn-on.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Why don't we have an isekai tag?

Also, typos found.

Page 4: "She gathered massive support for her thorough, pure depiction of yuri harems."
Page 28: For a hundred hears"

Wait, what's wrong with the first one? It's just saying that her work depicts yuri harems in thorough detail, isn't it?

It should be "through" and without a comma.

Why? It's saying that her depiction of yuri harems is thorough and pure. That seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to say in context. I think we're reading the intended meaning of the sentence differently from each other.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 12:10AM

LilyBlack
Mousou Envy discussion 08 Sep 23:20
joined Aug 28, 2016

She had every right to kick her out, but issuing an ultimatum like that on the spur of the moment is the kind of thing that's a very bad idea in real life. It's not fair to expect someone to make that kind of decision on the spot without time to think about their options, and it's not likely lead to a healthy relationship.

I mean, it's "fine" here because it's fiction and Keiko seems okay with it and is an unsympathetic character anyway, but I've seen that exact kind of situation end very, very badly IRL. Don't try this at home, basically.

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 11:29PM

LilyBlack
Mousou Envy discussion 08 Sep 22:22
joined Aug 28, 2016

This is the best kind of Naoko Kodama story, where both of the leads are kinda awful people so that you don't have to feel bad for either of them.

LilyBlack
Image Comments 04 Sep 09:56
joined Aug 28, 2016
Dvt6hvcx0aarsxu-orig

I think the gems are purposely kept androgynous enough that people will see what they want to see. I've seen BL fans swear up and down that the characters definitely look like boys to them.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Why don't we have an isekai tag?

Also, typos found.

Page 4: "She gathered massive support for her thorough, pure depiction of yuri harems."
Page 28: For a hundred hears"

Wait, what's wrong with the first one? It's just saying that her work depicts yuri harems in thorough detail, isn't it?

last edited at Sep 3, 2018 7:04PM

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

you usually can't put fish back, when you caught them. Because they are already hurt and bleeding internally. Or am i wrong? At least that's what I heard from some friends that do fishing.

Anyway, love the story!!

It depends on a lot of factors, including both the type of fish and the method of catching it. In general, though, it's true that there's a pretty significant chance the fish will die even if you throw it back. For a fish caught in shallow water using a hook and taken out of the water long enough to photograph it, it's probably got about fifty-fifty odds either way.

LilyBlack
Image Comments 21 Aug 07:23
joined Aug 28, 2016
Kno0r05

I like the implication that the MC can recognize her friend's breasts by touch.

joined Aug 28, 2016

It's hard not to sympathize with Chiaki at least a little bit after that ending.

LilyBlack
joined Aug 28, 2016

Gotta be a family member (step-brother, half-brother, cousin or such).

I thought the same thing. The story lays on the idea that she's cheating so heavily that it'd just be too obvious for it to be true.

LilyBlack
Marionette discussion 29 Jun 20:17
joined Aug 28, 2016

It's actually kind of refreshing to see protagonists that are equally as fucked up.

Reminds me of that one of the girl who gets her girlfriend to rip her toenail off that I can't remember the name of.

This one? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/theres_nobody_who_wants_to_cry

Found it by looking for the "Creepy" tag.