Forum › Posts by sayuri12

joined Feb 8, 2016

Hey all. Good to see this thread isn't completely dead :)

I've been reading a bunch of series to try and pass the time while FF is on hiatus... browsed the entire Dynasty directory once, then relaxed my filters (i.e. I usually nope out immediately if I see moe art, generally don't bother with high school stories, etc.) and went through it again...

It's mostly been an exercise in discovering all my storytelling pet peeves lol. And also in being weirded out a lot... but I did end up finding a few stories I liked. Nothing that quite hits the same spot as FF though :(

I know what you mean. I also basically busied myself with other stuff, including catching up on some other series and movies,etc. I also ended up discovering other new stuff that fell outside of the yuri genre. So far on the yuri side, i've been paying more attention on the other korean comic. yah, i'm not going say which one because it's obvious what i'm talking about. I also did browse around in Dynasty Scans. I can read the HS stories(at least the better ones) but I've always wanted a more mature and adult setting for a yuri story like college or adult story. It was one of the reasons why FF caught my eye. There aren't that many stories outside that whole HS setting when it comes to yuri and all the usual tropes in it can be quite tiresome sometimes. Sigh*
FF was one of the fics that hits me hard because it is exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, I hope things get better for Ssamba so we can get an update on how she's doing. It's quite concerning. I stopped counting the weeks already.

last edited at May 21, 2016 9:43AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Does anyone have an update on ssamba's health? I hope she's getting lots of rest. In the mean time though, the video that came out was really good. Not the kind of voices I imagined but it was really interesting.

Who?

What do you mean by who? like which of the two voices were not what I was expecting?

Nya-chan's just fucking with you

How lewd...

I'd need consent for this.

rolls eyes* i was actually serious. but ok then.

joined Feb 8, 2016

How many weeks since the last update has passed?
I hope ssamba is doing better now, resting. I've hope that by time the Facebook event finishes, she'll update again. /prays

4-5 weeks
Yeah same, her health is pretty much the priority tbh, waiting a bit won't hurt us

True. It surprises me that it's been that long already. Tbh, I haven't really been counting the days since the official announcement of her illness and hiatus was announced. I just really wish she gets her health back.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Does anyone have an update on ssamba's health? I hope she's getting lots of rest. In the mean time though, the video that came out was really good. Not the kind of voices I imagined but it was really interesting.

Who?

What do you mean by who? like which of the two voices were not what I was expecting?

joined Feb 8, 2016

joined Feb 8, 2016

Oh no. I was waiting for the update when I decided to pass by the forum. :( In a way, I'm thankful that I got to read about the hiatus before getting really excited on reading the new chapter. I hope that Ssamba recovers fast and be her normal self soon. It sucks being sick. I pray that it doesn't become serious. In the mean time, I guess this would be the time to distract ourselves by catching up on other series. I plan on doing that instead. Of course, I'm bummed about the hiatus but things happen.

joined Feb 8, 2016

it has been a busy 2 weeks. the best thing about it is that it distracted me enough to realize only now that it's only 2 days left till the next FF update XD tell me that I'm not the only one excited about it.

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 1:19PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

sayuri12
But...Seol-a was still there. Yes? Definitely not alone. He didn't even tried to make Seol-a leave. He just mentioned the nails that might injure No-rae. Not necessarily mean that he wants Seol-a out.

And yes, he still cares about No-rae so it can't be helped. Also, No-rae isn't even trying to avoid him on their earlier meetings, in fact, she's talking normally with him. Ex or not, they still have connection so it is understandable that he wants to take care of No-rae still.

That too.

I think I didn't make it clear with how I worded things. I was trying to imagine a scenario of what if they were left alone or given more space when comparing the whole what is appropriate or inappropriate thing. Also I think you misunderstood me, If there's anything I like about this story is how Sungpyo and Norae's relationship is still decent despite their past. Like, it takes a lot for two people to be friends after being romantic. Both Norae and Sungpyo were said to be pretty similar in a lot of ways and I think that mature trait they have is actually endearing.
So I do think he's a nice guy and I do want things to get resolved in a nice and tidy way. But yeah, I still think he forgot that he was an Ex and can't cross a few lines despite still caring for Norae...that is, when he wanted to stay longer to make sure she's okay. Seola is a friend and was already there to take care of her so he could've left after he was no longer needed. So it was inappropriate in that way for him to stay any longer or do anything more. Damn. Really, it hurts for anyone to be in such a situation. So I pity the guy a lot.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I don't understand this. Sungpyo's not a bad guy, but he definitely crossed a line this chapter. While I don't think he would have done anything inappropriate to Norae, it was inappropriate for him to insist that he be left alone to take care of her when a close female friend aka Seola is there. I'm also not sure why you bring up yuri googles. There are generally accepted roles in these situations determined by gender/relationship and Sungpyo's role as someone who no longer dates Norae was to politely leave. Maybe these things just have a stronger presence in Korea?(my mom didn't want me stay in my male cousin's apartment even in diff rooms etc....... not always logical) And second no-no was on the rude wording.

No, I agree. It's universally inappropriate to be left behind with a male, especially your ex-boyfriend while you're drunk. Although, Asian cultures are a lot stricter about contact between girl and boys or men & women than in Western cultures...However in this situation, it was still pretty clear that it was inappropriate. Ex-boyfriend taking care of a drunken old flame in an apartment all alone? yeah...things can turn out really bad in such a scenario. I think it's a friend's job(not even taking any romantic feelings into consideration) to be able save them both the trouble.

I think, even if Seola didn't have romantic feelings for Norae that(as a friend) she still has some right to kick Sungpyo out even if he didn't have any bad intentions. Sungpyo was crossing a little out of the line there by implying that he wanted so stay a little longer with Norae when he was no longer needed. He doesn't have a right anymore as an ex to really take care of her in such an intimate way but because he still cares about Norae so he can't help it.

I actually do think Sungpyo is a nice guy and pity the guy. But I felt like it was inevitable for Seola and Sungpyo to get into some sort of confrontation considering how both feel about Norae. Hence, the way Seola blew up on him was probably more than she would have if Norae was just a platonic friend.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Finally a confrontation between the two! It was a long time coming...Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Sungpyo isn't as ignorant about Seola's feelings as we think? or maybe it's the fact that I didn't miss the innuendo of the whole cutting your nails and hurting her thing. Honestly, it's funny how Ssamba was able to put that in a serious situation because I can't help but think that if Sungpyo was less of a nice guy then that remark of having long nails could've been a more shady comment. I wonder though, it's true that getting Sungpyo to further the plot can be too much for Ssamba if there's only 30 chapters left...so I hope she can somehow tidy it up the whole ex issue while sitll being able to show more of how Seola and Norae can be as a couple.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:26PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Why does every body keeps saying chapter 69 !? Like what !? Isn't this still ch 66 ?

people are betting that there might be something happening by chapter 69

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 10:31AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Aah i had a very long week and i was only waiting for FF to make it brighter but it didn't, it's cute to see soela imagining herself with norae doing things like the couple she saw. But it wasn't nice to know soela slept with a guy that she just met on some party!
P.s if you haven't seen it, after the scene of them checking out each other. There is a small panel with their clothes discarded on floor.

I think it's been pretty well established throughout the story that Soul-a has slept with her fair share of men. That's what makes her relationship and feelings for No-Rae so special and different; it's a first for her.

Let's not do the whole "omg main female character is ruined because she is being portrayed as a young twenty something who gasp isn't a virgin!!" That's so 05 shounen romcom. We're better than that.

P.s. It is a flashback folks.

couldn't agree more! Seola mentioned that she just dated any decent guy in a previous chapter and was implied that she didn't date anyone who she really had genuine feelings for. On that note, I can't wait for the translations so we can find out what she's saying in this chapter regarding Norae. :D

joined Feb 8, 2016

@Taeyeon Dork

At this rate we may have different section for fanfic xD
BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong
I mean we should have FF fanfic thread separately

A separate fanfic thread would be a good idea. if someone makes one then let's hope that fanfics do come out. BRING ON THE FANFICS XD Also, having a separate one would keep things organized. lol

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:06AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Discussing the last chapter though,

I think most people including myself were expecting at least a continuation of what happened that night. Like even if Ssamba continued chapter 65 right from the guitar scene, I don't think people would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete all out spontaneous confession. I think it's obvious that we were all expecting something along the lines of one of them realizing that the other might reciprocate their feelings or something that would move them forward in that way. It makes sense, since it seemed like the most appropriate time for it to happen....after everything that happened in the past chapters and how much tension was already built.

It was the perfect timing for a start on breaking out of the tentative stage they were in.

But instead we got a chapter which I consider a filler or intermission.

Oddly enough, I think that's the reason why I wasn't as disappointed as other people about it. I always thought that it after this interlude, that Ssamba would pick up on what happened with the missed kiss and guitar scene in the next chapters.

That and It was interesting for me to see Heejin's(this is the first time i've seen a glimpse of her more sensible side and serious side) perspective on Norae as well as how other aspects of her life come to play with the sibling talks.

I think it's not a long shot for us to hope for Ssamba to address what happened with the almost kiss and guitar scene in the next chapters. Lots of other writers do that all the time.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:12AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

recommended BGM as you read this: Colors by Day6 one of the members resigned from the band though T T WHY... but that's beside the point.
So umm... if someone ever comes up to me and ask "hey have you ever written any fanfics" it would be a lie for me to answer no. So here... I guess? A little guide: the black parts are scenes from the manhwa.
Dear Yuji...
It has been a long time since the last time we talked.
Why were we so terrible at communicating? A simple conversation could take months...
"Have you been well?"
That question had been gnawing on my silence, over and over.
Countless times I tried to say a word, but... nothing came out.
"W-were you being serious? Were you actually being sick of me?"
"............"
"If there's something I did wrong, just tell-"
"Seol-a..."
"............"
"It's just... I was being terrible..."

Looking back, we don't exactly have the happiest story... do we?
We were young... and pride was what parted us from a simple sorry and early forgivings.
It's no use of dwelling in the past, but...
If you could hear me...
Can I pretend that we're okay, just for a little while... and tell you my story?
"Can't you tell what I'm trying to say? I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore..."
"No-rae-"
"So leave me alone."

What, you think pretending is a laughable lie?
Life is full of lie, anyway... maybe starting from those 'nice to meet you's.
Little sister, my ass.
Yuji-ah, can I ask you something?
Let's pretend I can...
Have you ever loved someone in a way you never think you could?
I have no idea what these feelings are...
When I look at her, I get anxious somehow...
It's a little weird...
That's why I'm frustrated...

Have you ever loved someone... that their silence at you starts to leave a scar?
"Where do you think you're going?"
"Ah! Let go! Let go of me-"
"And if I do... are you gonna run away again?"
"............"
"Didn't you promise me...? That you would never leave me alone..."
"............"
"Don't make this so hard for me..."

Have you ever wanted someone to be the happiest when they're with you?
The unsure me, who can only snoop around...
This isn't like me... I'm being stupid.
If it wasn't a coincidence...
Then... what should I do?

Have you ever wished to be with someone a little longer...
A little closer...
A little more...
Your hands are cold.
Mine too... so scientifically speaking, there's no use of me to reach out for your hand and envelope them with mine.
But it's you... excuses aren't needed.

Have you ever fallen too deep,
that you finally understand-
how you don't need water to feel like you're drowning...
how your reason to smile is also your reason to cry...
how someone becomes your most aching pain,
but you know, somehow...

All I wanted to do was to be with her...
But why are there so many obstacles in the way...

You know, somehow, that...
...she's a pain you can't give up.

*I like you,
Kim No-rae.

Ah... I've written too much. I'm sorry, Yuji.
Don't worry about these blotches of ink... it's just raining here...
Well, it's not raining indoor but...
The sky outside isn't all that cheery...
But anyway,
thank you.

Sincerely,
Baek Seol-a.

there you go. I'm sorry if it's lame. It's just that this scenario has been haunting me lol I need to write 'em down, even more because it's been long since I appeared in this thread! (+ sorry for any grammar mistakes; English isn't my mother language uwu)
runs away before people coming with bricks in their hands

Thanks for that! :D nice songfic you got there. hopefully it would start as an inspiration. Way to get the ball rolling!

joined Feb 8, 2016

ieeheh

I gotta say Seol-a and No-rae's characters are so well developed by Ssamba, and they're continuing to grow more. That just opens a lot of ways for us to write 'believable' fanfics.

Why is no one writing anything? lol. I'm so interested in reading FF fanfics (rather than my own lame writing)

I think it's a little similar to the situation with kdrama fandom where there's hardly any fic. Western TV is generally plot-driven and so a lot of fanfic comes out of the need to explore/fill in characters and relationships in more depth that what's given in canon. Meanwhile, for kdramas which are generally more relationship-driven, that characterization is already there in canon, so 1) there's less of a drive to write in the first place, and 2) fic writers end up having a lot less wiggle room before running into OOC territory so it's actually harder to write good fic.

Of course, I'm not really involved in kdrama fandom, and I'm not a fic writer (though I've made some embarrassing attempts in the past) so perhaps none of the above is actually true haha.

Finally someone said it! I've always wondered why there aren't any fanfics of FF floating around...although there are a few good fanarts.

Let's face it, with how ssambasoul is the queen of tease when it comes to storytelling...I think the fandom would appreciate a few fanfics to keep us distracted before the next chapters. We should really start some kind of fanfic week going on. I'd especially like to know different interpretations of what Seola and Norae thought about the almost kiss and the guitar scene.

PS. It's my first time quoting and just my second time posting on this thread. So I hope I didn't make any mistakes in doing so and if I did, go easy on me.

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 11:32AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

I'm a newbie to this forum. But I've been following it for the longest time. That scene just made me want to finally have the chance to actually fangirl officially. XD

Everyone was speculating whether or not in this chapter, there would be any development from Norae's part. If she's going to make a move and so on. Now she finally did! Gotta say to Seol-a though, that was a smooth move on her part. Really funny how she freaks outs when Norae does something forward. Haha. Can't wait until the next chapter. :D