Forum › Posts by themusicman500

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So he's still a guy, after all. That totally makes sense... but drave me confused.

I would react different in his place. I'm a guy and I'm OK with it, but... If suddenly I woke up one morning with a female body, I think I would end assuming my new gender and actually become a girl. What does that mean? Am I some kind of agender or something?

That's not weird. A lot of people go through life without really thinking or caring about their gender and just take the path of least resistance. Even still though, I'm sure if your body was enough different from your idea of what it should be, you'd be uncomfortable.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

She should have took Ap with her... Also, if Hana has her phone and photo with her, why does Ap have the phone too? Duplicated?

They're apparently not the same phone.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

There must be a small town or something on the island that has electricity.

I kind of get mixed impressions on that front. On the one hand, no one seems that surprised to see a phone. On the other hand, they respond to outsiders by trying to violently chase them away, which really makes me wonder how they would even get along with any nearby towns that might have electricity.

The best inference we can make is that the tribe is mostly uncontacted and prefers it that way, but certain members travel to a nearby town or village for supplies they might need. (Saw it in a youtube video about uncontacted tribes in the amazon)

last edited at Nov 25, 2018 10:06PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Nice story, but it will be sad when the phone battery eventually die.

There must be a small town or something on the island that has electricity.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Okay that chapter was pretty much the cutest thing ever. The french is what seals it.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Talk about high concept.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I still think it's his fault, because, ultimately, he's as selfish as Yuki.

He appears to be a nice guy, but he never tries to really understand or solve her problem. He just sticks around her like glue, looking for an opening and spouting vague words of support.

A genuine nice guy would have tried to hook her up with Yuki once he understood where her feelings were.

For me, all of his bullshit good will is just self serving, because he wants to go out with her AND feel good about himself.

Yuki is no better actually.

Okay, I'm maybe a little harsh, but whatever :P

Yeah if he isn't making his loved one get together with another person he's a bad guy... right.

The way he kept persisting when he clearly wasn't wanted was pretty annoying. And now that it's somehow worked, everyone is going to end up miserable.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very sweet and cute. Kind of a hidden gem.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Close enough to have a child, at least. (Yes I know lesbian couples have children too; Not The Point.) Plus implied to be a housewife which duly rather implies another, by safe default assumption male, adult as the breadwinner in the household.

It's not rare for gay people to end up in straight marriages. Not saying that is or isn't the case here.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-orientation_marriage)

...can we skip re-enacting bad courtroom drama shenanigans in this discussion? -.-;

Yes, I was just responding to being corrected. I liked the chapter and I feel it advanced the character's relationship well.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Another one for the "Nico and Nozomi almost get together" pile. I'll keep starving for doujins where they actually do become a couple.

Prety fun despite that, though.

I know eventually someone will write a real winner about this ship. It's only a matter of time.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Harumi's gay/bi mom was a brilliant addition to this manga.

and

Also, she (the mother) is apparently lesbian too. xD

Not gay. Not lesbian. Bi. Just that. Bi.
She's a married woman with a child. She's turned on by cool sexy girls. That makes her the same flavor of vanilla bi that most Japanese girls are (if we judge by manga & anime).

Provide evidence that she's married? Or that she's attracted to men? Not saying she's not necessarily but we don't know what her situation is, which is why I I said gay/bi rather than one or the other.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Harumi's gay/bi mom was a brilliant addition to this manga. Yuri level is steadily rising.

themusicman500
Profile Picture 09 Nov 00:36
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What I do is go to the webpage that the image is on, ctrl/command + minus key until the page is super small, then screenshot the picture.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Is it just me or is Reiji just a straight up creep? I mean the whole story is beyond creepy, but he literally can't wait for Rin to turn 16 and marry her, he also gave her hickies while she was sleeping. Also, I'm pretty sure he's just using her as a substitute for her mother and says "that's what her mother would've wanted" or something like that

Although I only started reading at chapter 34 or something so maybe I'm a bit biased

It's a little more complicated than that. He's shown to be a normal and decent parent for the majority of Rin's childhood, but he goes through a brief phase where he gets confused and decides he's supposed to be Rin's lover. MC confronts him and snaps him out of it. (Sort of. He's always weird and troubled)

Like with most of the things in this manga, the author is toeing a VERY sensitive line, and your mileage may vary.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 11:49PM

themusicman500
Image Comments 06 Nov 23:20
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
38129860_p0

^I honestly think it's the coolest outfit I've ever seen a fictional character wear, other than the heels.

last edited at Nov 6, 2018 11:22PM

themusicman500
Image Comments 06 Nov 22:24
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Before anyone says something, they're not fused at the shoulder. Long haired girl's torso is completely sideways and her hair is covering the part where their bodies meet.

Also this is my favorite of this series so far.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The thing that's illegal here is making Mel cry!

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

can't say it's an error to write a comedy translation, as such. it's a choice. it isn't like you accidentally stumble into accents and jokes. it's inaccurate, sure, but that's hardly the sin you claim it is. haha.

Lord's sake please don't.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I’m getting bit of de ja vu reading the second chapter. Was it posted somewhere beforehand or is there a similar manga with kinda the same beginning like this one?

It was on here before. The translator added a few jokes and some longtime users lost their minds.

It was writent to be in a diffrent accent and kinda took away from the story. It was "fine" in the terms of you could read it but when you add jokes into a plot that isnt ready to accept them you change the meaning of the story. That is only adding to the fact the plot gets a bit lost due to the act of translation so it was not the best. Im sure the person was nice enough but unless your translateing a comedy story where the plot is throwaway at best, adding in comedy is a bad idea (this is not limited to Japanese to English).

It didn't meet the standards of this site, and that's fair to say. However I don't agree with criticizing a first time writer quite so excessively. It would have sufficed to let them know it wasn't up to par and take it down, rather than publicly humiliate them and accuse them of deliberately tarnishing both the work and manga translation as a whole.

That said it's in the past and everyone's already made their opinion on the matter clear, so I'll stop.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 2:06AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I’m getting bit of de ja vu reading the second chapter. Was it posted somewhere beforehand or is there a similar manga with kinda the same beginning like this one?

It was on here before. The translator added a few jokes and some longtime users lost their minds.

themusicman500
Image Comments 24 Oct 04:07
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Boop__enabler__by_xxkonamilovexx-dcbvc39

Is the image itself incestuous though?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So not only was this chapter blatant yuri, but it heavily suggests that yuri is an inherent element of Catulus syndrome...

100% serious, time to change the tag back.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Girlfriends was lightning in a bottle. I never "bought" a romance story before or since the way I did that one. I so totally understood and sympathized with Mari's crush on Akko it felt like I was standing in her shoes.

As for the doujin itself, I think it's a LITTLE hard to imagine Mari and Akko doing this at school in the series, but it's nice to see more stuff from Morinaga.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^2000's American slang for wanting sex.

last edited at Oct 17, 2018 12:34PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I get it now. "Tease" makes it into a pun where at first it seems like she felt her up, before you learn a few pages later that she actually just combed her hair. Assuming she didn't do both.