Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, I see now...You are equalizing a trait of character with an act.
Now I think I finally understand what is the problem here, generally.
There are people, like colorblind, but in the level of understanding abstract terms.
For example, If I am defending cheating here as a case from manga, you (they) see me like a cheater itself. Because you (they) can't make the difference between an act and me. For you (them) it's the same.

And now, I made a problem to you calling Fuuko noble (her character), but she is a cheater in your eyes
And now it confuses you, because your mind makes mechanical equalization between noble and cheating, and it is like you have a red alert in your mind. You are fighting to exclude one from another, using your own logic.
Give me some time to think how I can help you to see better, and understand. Give me a time to find a way how to explain it for you that you can understand. (or correct me if I got this wrong) but I saw recently many people online with this "problem". I just suppose that is the problem between us to understand each other better

There is no confusion, I walked down your line of logic to ONE possible interpretation of it, I never said it was the only one. You have built a massive strawman here, it will make a lovely bonfire on midsummer's eve. Anyway it seems like it is impossible for you to not assume this holier-than-thou attitude so let's just skip to the end.

One question for you, what you think about this manga? You said that you don't agree with me, that manga irritates you (why?), but give me some hints about your thoughts, some fragments to understand your POVs

Regardless of what I though of it at the start, at this point I am inclined to agree with Blastaar and FuzzFactory: we have here three people doing very poor decisions one after another, and I am still hanging onto this doomed train to see how bad (or how funny!) it will get by the end. It's one of those spectacular crashes you know, on one hand you kind of feel bad for everyone involved, but on the other you just want to giggle in glee watching it all burn.

Tbh, it looks obvious that Fuuko relishes the chaos.

Thank you! To be honest, I probably should have taken your example and just leave it at "just your opinion man". Truly I played myself, I feel as dumb as Yuni. I'm so embarrassed, I wish everybody else was dead!

addendum: probably should have read all of last page in full, especially the staff note. I will leave my post up and leave it to you to decide if I was insulting and/or veered off topic too much, however I will take that step back as instructed. Without sarcasm this time, I have truly played myself engaging in this particular discussion as much as I have.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 6:25AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hahahahaha, I never said any of it what you implied in your comment, not in the way how you get it and interpret here.
Especially nothing about Fuuko "helping with sex"
I'm sorry if it is all what you can get and (mis)interpret from my insights.
Take care.

Heh, well I might have slightly exaggerated for effect (and humor). But since you like facts, you did in fact say this:

Nanase is a narcist, who gets adoration from her surrounding (girls from the club, Yuni, best frend...)
But Nanase never gives compliments and adoration in return, she is selfishly taking and taking, more and more. And Yuni has her needs too, to be loved and adored.
Nanase is killing her.
That's why I will always take side of Fuuko. She is a lifesaver. And that's why I will never judge Yuni for cheating. She is simply too weak and too empty to get out alone from her current relationship with Nanase who is constantly sucking her vitals.

So, to summarize your points

-Nanase is killing Yuni [by neglect]
-Fuuko is saving her
-The method of saving is cheating [physically, i.e. sex] which subsequently makes it okay

So I think at least one valid interpretation of your insights here is exactly what I said. If Fuuko had another method (which she obviously would not have wanted to take, but that is beside the point) of helping Yuni, then that renders cheating not the "noble" road anymore, right? So basically what you are saying is that she did indeed help Yuni by sleeping with her, right? And since you hold that what Fuuko is doing is noble and that that something was cheating, you must believe that that was the only method she had of "saving" Yuni, ergo my point stands.

These are just the facts of what you said, don't call it a misinterpretation just because you don't like it~

Maybe the next chapter will reveal that Fuuko is some kind of reverse-succubus, and she is giving Yuni back all those vitals that got sucked out, how exciting!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Do you really think that Yuni was capable to break up with Nanase without Fuuko's interference?

No actually, and I don't think I ever said this? However, implying that the only way Fuuko could have helped is sex is kinda weird too no? Of course we know that Fuuko wants Yuni so it makes sense from her pov, but I find it a bit wild from a reader perspective.

Are we really at the point where the only reading of the sequence of events so far is that the angelic, righteous Fuuko saved poor neglected Yuni from her hateful girlfriend killing her, all through the power of fucking her brains out? When's the canonization ceremony? Wait does one have to be deceased for that? Eh whatever.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

My questions about differently translated key moments are valid, not hostile to translator, or accusatory. I just wish to know pov of the translator on that subject.

I mean you did pull the "unprofessional" card among other things, not many would call your post very cordial I would imagine. But fine, let's leave that part at that since it is between you two anyway.

Plus, it changes Fuuko's flow of character completely, she never was a bitch to Yuni, before.

She did call her selfish and stupid just the chapter before to be fair. Like our translator-san said, Fuuko is not one to mince words even if she comes out as bitchy.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 8:53AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Fuuko says the things as they are. She's the least deluded character of the story.

Now there's something I think we can all happily agree on!

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 8:03AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

@Finding Jessica Lambert

It was not my intention to "mark you" or personally attack you in any way. I also did not factor in a language issue since I did not remember it from before anymore. English is not not my first language either, though more than that I know I can be very direct and often argumentative in online discourse. If you felt attacked I apologize.

Now then I did read everything you typed since, and I guess I can see why you feel the way about the story and characters as you do, from your established pov. Even if don't agree, it's as valid an interpretation as any interpretation is I suppose, regardless of the author's original intent. Suddenly pulling in suicidal tendencies is kind of strange though, you never mentioned it before, nor did you express the need to justify cheating in that way until now.

To be honest I should probably not even read stories such as this because I know they are bound to irritate me to no end, but I think I have found my zen through chatting about it here and now just anticipate how much dumber things can get, heh.

Having said that, I can appreciate you felt personally attacked earlier but you seem to be getting increasingly hostile yourself. First you essentially call everyone else stupid for not reading the story the same way you do, and then you accuse the translator because their work does not align with your preconceived notions. Perhaps you should consider taking a step back?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I was waiting for that extra 15.5 translation, and I'm glad I was right from the beginning, about Fuuko truly loving Yuni
I was having a faith in Fuuko from the beginning and I' not disappointed.

Man earlier you kept insisting that breaking up an established relationship if you start fancying someone else is morally questionable actually. However you also keep insisting that Fuuko is "noble" for very assertively inserting herself into said relationship, potentially forcing the very same breakup. I just can't keep up with this equation at all to be honest.

Also,

(ha, ha, what a subtle cuck spice!)

what the fuck, like seriously xD

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Yeah, but it invalidates the statement "she probably does not truly care about Yuni".

She's in pain too, even though she hides it well.

Truly the biggest character flaw of both Fuuko and Nanase is liking Yuni.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

Oh. Well, still an asshole for no reason though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Every time when she speaks about Yuni, or to Yuni, she looks adorable and very sincere. I would be very disappointed if author suddenly turns to some unknown dark side of Fuuko. She is the most noble villain in my life and I almost wish that she is real...
Actually, I wish all those girls are real, but Fuuko, she is so special as she is now. I really like such passionate and brave characters with flaws that make them feel very real.

That... is certainly a take. I can't say I agree on pretty much anything here, but then again that's kinda fun in its own way.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?

I mean, yes? People tend to hold breaking up more morally acceptable than cheating, how is this a revelation to you?

It's because if you are in relationship with someone, you can commit an emotional betrayal to your partner replacing them with other person. It can hurt more than cheating physically.

Emotional betrayal can be more serious than physical attraction to someone else, even cheating.

Breaking up is not always good solution. And can't justify leaving someone for someone else.
Like here in manga, between Yuni and Nanase
There is still enough love between them not to break up.
Breaking up with Nanase and leaving her for someone else would cause more damage to Nanase than this situation when Fuuko announces cheating. Now all of them have a choice.

If Yuni broke up with Nanase, it would not be breaking up WITH her, but breaking NANASE, leaving her without any choice. Nanase would be an outcast, left without any dignity, just thrown out like a filth.
This is between three people and must be solved between 3 of them.
Here, equation is not TWO, but THREE.

And we actually have the most healthy situation for resolving current situation thanks to Yuni keeping Nanase in cuck position. (Ha ha, what an irony!)
I don't even see that Yuni cheated on her emotionally, she just prolonged everything until it's mature enough for final solution.

The difference is that you can't choose to fall in love with someone else, it just happens. You can choose to not fuck other people however. Which one hurts more is case by case basis of course, but that was not your question.

You are probably right that this was the best outcome for everyone involved though Since the chaotic element was introduced into the "equation" as you say, it was all going to go to shit one way or another anyway. Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

Gotta agree with whoever said it above, this is much more of a comedy than anything at this point, I can almost hear the laugh track. Can't say that it's boring at the very least.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 8:40AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?

I mean, yes? People tend to hold breaking up more morally acceptable than cheating, how is this a revelation to you?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh wow, I had almost more fun reading the comments, as usual, I care not about the morals of fictional characters, so for the sake of the story, I think the character of Fuuko is very interesting and no, sometimes it isn't so easy to just break up, especially being so young and all that, some of us need a lot of time and therapy to know when to leave, not a justification for cheating, but certainly can explain some things.

Firstly, that is quite the run-on sentence hehe. Secondly, the morality of fictional characters involved is part of the story though, surely? I mean, not that one needs to react to them as if they were real people. Still, certainly those aspects of the characters inform what they do, or fail to do, within the confines of the story being told.

It's so toxic but I love this manga so much. Is it the art, is it because of Fuuko? Maybe both? XD

I figure the percentage of people enjoying Fuuko so much because of the art is non-zero. Well she may be a manipulative bitch and a potentially dangerous stalker, but I will say, at least she is not a delusional idiot! Definitely a good fit as a character here at any rate.

You can't really blame [Yuni]

Funniest thing I read in a long while!

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 5:24PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahaha Fuuko is such an asshole, but that will probably make people like her all the more I suppose?

It was not uploaded here, but Fuuko telling Yuni in chapter 15 how she is "selfish yet also dumb" really sums up the whole series, huh? Without that there would not be story at all. Now then a reasonable thing to do here would be a clean break, so I imagine instead this glorious train wreck will only escalate in some convoluted way instead.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I would agree with you if only Eri looks a bit more enthusiastic while dating Kyou lol. So far I don't see it yet, personally. They are all too vague to me. And honestly I start to even be on the side of "Kyou actually likes Fuyuki, but decided to ask Eri out for whatever reason". We probably will need more from Eri's side, and Kyou's too, so we can get a more accurate picture, but I believe they won't be here soon before getting further into the story.

I was about to type something about overanalyzing in favor of the established pairing naturally being tossed to railroad the two female characters together no matter what as people tend to root for here, but then I read those spoilers above and I don't even know anymore... "Eri's side" is the "dumb side" in this story I guess.

Still, this author could make even an ending where no one gets together satisfying. We shall see.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I dont care what happens, i want Kyou to suffer.

I enjoy the polar opposite responses to Kyou lol

Group A is "that poor bastard, fated to be caught and ground up by someone else's romance"

Group B is "that bastard, why the hell is he getting in the way of someone else's romance"

Both perspectives are factually accurate

Fuyuki seems the most likely candidate to "getting in the way of someone else's romance" at this point in the story.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Okay lemme guess, Fuyuki tries to fuck around with her mysterious senpai to get over Eri, Eri gets jealous and tries to get Fuyuki back, Kyou is the mystery in this scenario

My man Kyou about to spend this whole story getting jerked around only to end up alone in the end.

Will be fairly disappointing if Murasakino does something this typical.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Looking back on this now, it's amusing how it ended basically the same way as the main series. No sleep for Nanami.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, that feeling of everything wrapping up. I just might miss Louko and her antics the most. And Aoi the least of course.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Yeah Aoi is a bit shitty isn't she? But oh well, looks like her part in the story is over at any rate.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Takeshima is only the artist for the Watanare LN, not for the manga. The author is Teren Mikami (the same person who wrote the "A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days" LN and the "If You Could See Love" manga, BTW).

Truly a trifecta of trash.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

... well I obviously knew he will be nowhere near the focus, but I'm still kinda surprised that Aoi's husband got basically no screentime :P No face, no name, no lines on his own wedding, we don't even know if he's at least sorta nice or not. Sure bodes well

Let's be honest, does anyone give a fuck about the husband? Maybe giving him a face would have been a nice touch, but no one wants Generic Japanese Man #403 to have too big of a part in a yuri manga. He was everything he needed to be for the story.

Well, hope he at least has a lot of side action as well. It's only fair.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Fucking finally!

"I know you are dense but instead of accepting that I will choose to get angrier and angrier" is one of the most insufferable tropes I swear...

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

GTL tones down foul language a lot :)

Meanwhile at DeepL

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

ITT: inability to separate reality and fiction
Expected nothing less (or rather more) from this userbase

I know right, I wish people would just learn to love every single aspect of every single piece of fiction they mindlessly consume.