Forum › Posts by Gale

Gale
Lily Marble discussion 14 Apr 03:02
joined Aug 11, 2014

Mm... It's always a little meh, for me, when two characters who can't be together because of ~societal expectations~ get back together because someone else gives them permission to do so. Like, I'm a sucker for cool moms supporting their queer kids as much as anyone, but I feel like it's narratively stronger when characters find the resolve to be together no matter what, and then discover unexpected allies supporting their choice.

I understand that familial obligations can weigh very heavily on people, but my milquetoast anarchist heart yearns for characters who tell the system to go to heck, no matter what the gosh-darned consequences may be. I guess this is more realistic, though. Bleh.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Jesus. Fuck the memes, that was some genuinely lewd handholding. Oh my god. I didn't used to have a hand fetish, y'know! Now they're literally my favourite thing to read about. Was it the memes? Did the memes do this to me? Or was it always there, waiting for something to wake it up?

Honestly. Sometimes, if a sex scene goes on for more than a few pages, I'll get bored and start to skip over it. But this? I re-read this. Multiple times. Just... The touches, the squeezes, the expressions. God, the only thing missing was the landlady giving her fingers a sleepy kiss to round things off. That would've been the end of me, I swear.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I mean, c'mon guys. Yeah, the other girl sleeps around, but her partner is a succubus, and the running joke is that she never actually gets to drain any energy from her "snack". So she must be getting her food elsewhere. I feel like the implication is that neither of them are particularly concerned with exclusivity, they just like to hook up a lot.

joined Aug 11, 2014

"You're not really friends with someone unless you want to kiss their face and do naked cuddles in bed with them" is some incredibly inspired, next-level gal pal technology.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Sees Student x Teacher, Drama
Me: "Ooh!"
Two characters are introduced, both of them students
Me: "Uh-oh."

joined Aug 11, 2014

After Frozen 2 I ship Elsa with Honeymaren

Honestly... That's fine. I'm not about that, but it's there. I respect it. They have a scene. I've written fanfics about less.

joined Aug 11, 2014

This gives me Elsanna vibes

Lmaooo it's just unrequited princesses yuri, there's nothing uniquely Elsanna about it... but same. I totally get what you mean. I swear, I didn't even care about that ship until two months ago, when this was posted, and now it's all I can think about.

Gale
Image Comments 24 Mar 08:37
joined Aug 11, 2014
Empkm7tucaa_ini-orig

Hegemon Edeleth is a very special combination of adorable and tragic and I'm here for it all the way

Gale
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Mar 04:55
joined Aug 11, 2014

...I really, really like vampires, you guys.

Gale
Slow Start discussion 16 Mar 20:49
joined Aug 11, 2014

The way Kiyose looked shocked but also a little excited when she unexpectedly heard Eiko's voice was the best.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I kinda love how, in the flashack to when she was a kid and talking to her friends about their crushes, she was all "I like these two girls" and the response wasn't "Not like that, we're talking about boys, silly". Instead, it was "No, you have to pick one, you can't date both". Like they all knew she was gay already. That part was old news. It was fun. Very zoomer. I don't really know how The Youth deal with queer stuff in real life Japan, but it felt pretty believable, at least among a little group of friends.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I was literally putting on chapstick when I clicked on this, and I have never felt more seen in my life.

Gale
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 20:01
joined Aug 11, 2014

I'm so, soooo glad that the chapters leading up to this one were bad enough that I completely stopped caring. It's seriously such a relief. If I still gave a shit about these characters right now, I'd be wrecked. I feel like I dodged a bullet. Honestly. It's kind of exhilarating.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I can't believe that I really stayed up until 2AM binge-reading lesbian AU Frozen fanfiction in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty, but wow, I don't regret it at all. Its a shame that it was abandoned, but I'm glad that the author wrapped up all the plot and tension that I cared about before dropping out. Not a clean ending, but I was satisfied, at least. Yeah, it's a shame they never had sex in the end, but the intense and sensual glove removal scene was probably one of the most erotic things I've ever read in a book, so I don't even care.

Gale
joined Aug 11, 2014

Setting the protagonist/narrator as a rejected third party seems... I guess a little underused, if anything? I'm not sure what the point of her character was. She didn't even get a "I was rejected for this?" punchline at the end, which would at least given her a purpose as a framing device. Felt a bit odd, idk.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Yeah, they should've moved, but like... with what money? Their harvest became useless and inedible before anything creepy really happened, and that's a pretty big blow to a small family farm. At that point, hoping that the worst was over and banking on the next harvest being better was all they could really do. By the time things got really bad, they couldn't exactly sell the land that everyone knows is cursed and evil. They would've had to abandon it all and rely on the charity of their neighbours to survive. Maybe that would've been the right choice, but it's definitely an unappealing one, and by that point, the colour had its hooks in them.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I first read the Colour Out Of Space when I was on a trip with my parents. We were staying in a broken-down old cottage in rural France, and the sudden onset of winter had buried the surrounding hills in thick snow. It was a cold and windy night, and the rattle of the windows and the chill from the draughty stone walls made it hard to sleep. We had no Internet, no phone service, and no TV, but I had this story loaded onto a kindle, so I stayed up late and read it from start to finish. It was the first and only time I was genuinely scared reading H.P. Lovecraft, and for as cold and unhappy as I was at the time, it always stuck with me as one of the best reading experiences I ever had.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I love that I ended the first chapter saying "If you want her to have a girlfriend so much, just become her girlfriend!" and then she ended the second chapter with the same realisation. It's great when we're all on the same page.

Gale
Slow Start discussion 02 Jan 20:28
joined Aug 11, 2014

Hana being a ronin is purely coincidental.

Hana being a ronin was the starting point of the series and the main problem of Hana.

...I know. It was a joke.

Gale
Slow Start discussion 02 Jan 19:57
joined Aug 11, 2014

The sweets friends have clinched it. That was secret ingredient needed for the OT3. Before, the incongruence between Kiyose x Eiko and Eiko x Kamu made both ships a little awkward. Now they've formed a trifecta, and the power is overwhelming. They're dry humping in the classroom and nobody even blinks. Professional ethics can't stop them. Nothing can. It's too late. They're taking over the manga. "Slow Start" is now a reference to Kiyose being slightly more resistant to Eiko's charms than every other girl on the planet. Hana being a ronin is purely coincidental. There's nothing we can do.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Y'know, if it turns out that this manga doubled up on the lovelorn childhood friends just so it could result in twice the heartbreak when the lead characters stay together, I won't be surprised, but I'll probably still scream. Just like, one would have been enough! We really didn't need two! The only reason to include them both would be so it's a good thing when the leads break up! But spending basically a whole chapter on Kurumi saying "if you love him, just go to him" really makes me think that Nika will come back to her in the end! Gah.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oof. The fact that her mother was easily able to suggest inviting over Kaede, but wasn''t even sure who Konatsu was? I felt that one. If Konatsu heard that, she'd probably scream. What an intense and turbulent friend triangle.

joined Aug 11, 2014

The biggest problem with just giving him money to go away is that he has no reason to believe that she won't just give him money again he if comes and bothers her again. Yeah, she threatened him, but if threatening him was enough to make him stay away, then why give him money in the first place?

In his eyes, nothing bad actually happened. She hasn't actually deterred him in any meaningful sense. If anything, she's just encouraged him to come back, because he's learned that she'd rather do what he says and pay up than resist and cause trouble, even though she absolutely has enough money and power to cause him infinite trouble. Realistically, he'd just burn through all that cash, and come banging on the door for more. If she was going to throw that money away, she'd have been better off hiring a bodyguard.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Lmao, her search results. "Hey, r/relationship_advice, my classmate (F22) mistook me (F21) for a guy, so I asked her out as a joke, but she accepted. We've been sorta dating for a few weeks, and she still hasn't noticed. I'm starting to feel awkward about it. Can I marry her?"

Gale
joined Aug 11, 2014

People may question why Hana x Eiko is the focus here, when they don't really have that much chemistry in the series, but consider: is there any other character who Eiko wouldn't happily flirt with? Exactly.