Forum › Posts by Pixer

Pixer
Stretch discussion 15 May 22:15
Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Hey guys, the third volume extras and color chapter are up. Terribly sorry for the delay—finals are killing me. Enjoy!

Thanks for this!

Ran actually kissed Keiko but told her that it was just her fingers That is what I want to believe xD

Oh. My. God.

I think that's what happened! Also, it seemed Keiko pretended to be passed out and just let Ran unbutton her shirt. And she blushed when Ran said that she was beautiful!! This is the most tension I've seen between the two yet!

Edit: Wait, maybe it didn't happen after re-reading the last page a few times...

last edited at May 15, 2015 10:17PM

Pixer
Stretch discussion 13 May 22:53
joined Mar 14, 2014

It seems like Shou really found their flow with these characters. Ran and Keiko are practically writing themselves now.

Edit: I think Keiko suggests taking another bath because they smell like meat. Also... Ran trolls Keiko so easily. These last few chapters have been a lovefest party to me.

last edited at May 13, 2015 11:16PM

Pixer
Stretch discussion 15 Apr 21:03
joined Mar 14, 2014

Loved the end to this chapter.

Also... I NEED TO KNOW WHAT RAN'S REAL PRESENT TO KEIKO WAS.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 03 Apr 09:19
joined Mar 14, 2014

I'm so curious on Shou's process for this comic. I'm convinced that he inks with pen/ink on paper, and applies screentone digitally... But even then, how on earth do the pages come out so clean on screen?

Pixer
Cotton discussion 16 Mar 20:55
joined Mar 14, 2014

Gah, this was the one Konno Kita story that I REALLY wanted to be a yuri.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 27 Feb 21:11
joined Mar 14, 2014

I want to believe that Ran is intentionally flashing Keiko here:
http://2014feb.image.akibablog.net/images/29/stretch/103.jpg

... and somehow ends up here:
http://2014feb.image.akibablog.net/images/29/stretch/112.html

joined Mar 14, 2014

Love it.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 20 Feb 00:37
joined Mar 14, 2014

Is it me or does this get better as it goes? I like the way Shou is bulding up Ran and Keiko's relationship; it's been abundantly made clear it goes beyond simple friendship, still it's not exeactly a romantic one. I'd bee more than happy to see the author dig deeper and deeper, 'cause he's good at that.

I agree. I find that he's one of the few among manga artists who is very deliberate about what he shows in each panel/page. He seems to know how to get the right "shot" and dialogue to push the visual narrative, as a good storyteller should.

Romantic or not, the main focus is clearly the dynamic between Ran and Keiko. A series that can show how women relate to each other in a meaningful way has a huge plus in my book.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 23:02
joined Mar 14, 2014

" 3. Bring your face closer to your partner's face to firmly pin down your partner with your uppper body--"

Shou, you magnificent bastard.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 20:21
joined Mar 14, 2014

After learning the context of "honmei" chocolate, Ran's statement now feels so much more direct and intense in the original Japanese: http://yawaspi.com/comic/stretch/pc/031/031_001_06.jpg

Pixer
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 07:39
joined Mar 14, 2014

... and the forums exploded. LOL.

Anyone notice how Keiko ate Ran's chocolate right away, even after they were flung in a mess? Is that a sign of her already accepting Ran's feelings (on a subconscious level, since it's Keiko we're talking about here)? The look of surprise on Ran's face in page 5 seems to indicate something.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 30 Oct 19:06
joined Mar 14, 2014

Gawd, this chapter 27.5...
The opening scene should really have Ran and Keiko having a conversation in either one of their beds, together.

My heart went out to Ran in this chapter. Keiko, you cold fish!

Edit: I didn't realize Ran was out of town. Nevermind.

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 7:09PM

Pixer
Citrus discussion 11 Jun 20:58
joined Mar 14, 2014

I predict hate-sex on the horizon.

Pixer
joined Mar 14, 2014

There was an old interview with Takeuchi Saeko talking about her work and her relationship with Kai, but it seems that TokyoWrestling.com is down.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 16 May 21:35
joined Mar 14, 2014

I doubt the next chapter will be more of this dude. In fact, I predict the next two will have little to do with it beyond Ran glancing at Keiko a lot.

... Which will quickly turn into burning, passionate stares, amirite?

Pixer
joined Mar 14, 2014

I love how Kei had to one-up Yuki in the final chapter. Hahaha. Lovely.

joined Mar 14, 2014

I was reluctant to read this because of the "stalker" tag, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad.

joined Mar 14, 2014

I wonder if Chika is someone Satoka knows, based on Satoka's curiousity of Chika's family name.
I await a twist.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 11 Apr 08:03
joined Mar 14, 2014

"You're way cooler than him, sempai!"
"Y-You think?"

This artist knows what he's doing to us... And that is trolling.

joined Mar 14, 2014

what religion?

He's confusing God and god.

God is for monotheistic religions, whole god is from polytheistic religions.

I assume he's thinking of Christianity, which does not allow polygamy. But basically he thinks there is only one religion in the word that has a God/gods.

Or maybe i'm just from another country and didn't know that there was different uses for deitys with capital G and whatnots in english

I read somewhere that the Japanese use of the word "kami" doesn't have the same kind of context as the word "god" does in English. I suppose "deity" would come close, but probably not enough. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami)

joined Mar 14, 2014

Is this... progress? I wasn't expecting this series to touch on romantic love. It will be interesting to see how the story moves forward. Kotori: You have to choose one, apparently!
Regardless how it turns out, this is still one of the few manga stories I really enjoy.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 01 Apr 13:38
joined Mar 14, 2014

I've been falling for things left and right today... You bastards. :P
Guess I should have looked at the tags. All I thought was "Oh, Chapter... 19?", and clicked... to my doom.

Pixer
Stretch discussion 29 Mar 08:27
joined Mar 14, 2014

Also, what's the social context of referring to someone as "sempai" long after they've both left school? They're not coworkers, so I'm curious.

Once a senpai, always a senpai

Once you go senpai, you never go back...
Give them one more night like that and they will wake up naked, holding each others after a looooong night of stretches.

I... I think I'd like that.
SEMPAI 4 LIFE. thug pose

Pixer
Mio Post discussion 28 Mar 11:01
joined Mar 14, 2014

I didn't quite get it - is that what it meant? I thought the lady got off after the protagonist? I dont get how not seeing her there that time meant that- or that she must be staying on to watch her back?

She gets off after the protagonist because her stop was before the protagonist's stop, so she has to ride the train all the way to the end and back to whatever her stop actually is (it's somewhere between Nakatsu-Hino and Nagaisu). At the end of the story, the protagonist decides to stay on after her stop (Nagaisu) too and talk to her.

Thanks for the explanation. I found this short story thoroughly confusing.

To miss your train stop 2 to 3 times out of the week just to get noticed by someone? Come on, Japan.

I have to say, after this story and "Baby You", Nishi Uko is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists for unintentional lolz.

Pixer
Baby You discussion 28 Mar 10:39
joined Mar 14, 2014

OK, someone educate me. What does 'babyzoned' or 'babyzoning' mean?

You know how someone is Friendzoned when they're seen as nothing more than a friend? That poor girl there is seen as nothing more than a baby
That burns

For real!
"I'm not interested in you not because you're a woman... but because you're a BABY." Ouch.