Forum › Posts by erise

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

The 'I hate you' chocolate killed me.

erise
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 08:42
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I have links for chapter 16 in Chinese, but I assume you're looking for the Japanese raws?

Oh I don't care what language it's in, I can't read any Kanji so anything's good. :)

You can check out chapter 16 here. You might also want to check out my sort-of translation of the chapter over at Pastebin.

Also just saw that the Chinese scanlation of chapter 17 is in! I've done up the translation here. It's a bit more summarised than what I did before, but it should still give you a pretty good sense of what happened in the chapter. If you'd like me to go into more detail or explain any parts, let me know.

P.S. these two girls are killing me. Can I have a Kase of my own?

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 10:35AM

erise
Kase-san discussion 15 Aug 10:35
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I went in search of Chapter 16 when the link didn't work.

I found Chapter 17 instead. I will keep looking for 16, but if anyone else finds it first could they post a good link?

Sunset and Kase-san?

http://viewer.bookstore.yahoo.co.jp/;_ylt=A2RhgTpT6rZVhB4AtWp0wf17?cid=499990&u0=3&u1=154442&u2=9&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbookstore.yahoo.co.jp%2Fshoshi-499990%2F

(Or from this thread, first link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3926691886)

I have links for chapter 16 in Chinese, but I assume you're looking for the Japanese raws?

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Ughhh Hana needs to get a clue. I am immensely enjoying Hina's obvious feelings (whatever they may be at this point of time) for Hana though :D

erise
Gamma discussion 14 Aug 12:13
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Didn't expect to like this as much as I did. Though honestly I'm a bit meh about about Miyuki x Yuri. It's nice but I don't feel much about it. On the other hand, I got on board the Yuri x Marina ship pretty quickly, especially after the chapter when Yuri sees her in casual wear, haha.

erise
Stretch discussion 07 Aug 10:30
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Now direct our attention to the kind of flowers Keiko got...I won't go through and describe them because, well, you can go back and read for yourself. I can find them as a microcosmic symbol for any sort of romantic relationship between the two. Which can be good, bad, or both:

-The flowers are meant to be preserved for a long time, which means Keiko wants their relationship to continue 'blooming' for a long time.
-However there "Is no need to water them"...this might be a language idiom barrier, but that could suggest that maybe Keiko is warning against developing the relationship any further; or it could mean that since the flowers are already going strong and at their peak, there isn't a need to bother putting much effort since the relationship is already at its best point.
-The first doesn't particularly make sense in the case of 'not bringing it into the sunlight'.

I did actually also wonder about whether the flowers were a metaphor for their relationship but kinda dismissed my thought because I thought I was stretching (pun intended) it. But since someone has brought it up...

I actually interpreted "there is no need to water them" in a more positive way - that their relationship would develop naturally (i.e. "bloom") without the need for Ran or Keiko to pay any special attention to growing it ("water them"), which I feel is what we've seen of their relationship so far.

As for keeping them away from sunlight and heat, I guess it could mean the external pressures that could affect their relationship? Like Keiko's ex, for example.

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 10:30AM

erise
Stretch discussion 05 Aug 14:30
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I shouldn't have spoilt myself, I am now dying of feels because Ran's dream and Keiko's present and I'm just going to hug myself to sleep now and hope the translation is out by the time I wake up.

erise
Kase-san discussion 02 Aug 05:24
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I'm sorry it took a while, but you can check out Pastebin for my translation of the latest chapter. The usual caveats apply - it's an English translation of a Chinese translation so the language might sound a bit awkward plus there might be some inaccuracies.

My thoughts on this chapter: Oh dear god that senpai has come back to haunt us!! I didn't enjoy this chapter as much as the previous two because we got two spanners thrown in at once - Yamada fretting over how she and Kase will be separated because she's going to a local college while Kase is going to either Tokyo or Osaka, and now Yamada's insecurity about Kase's exes.

Based on the chapters I've translated so far though, I am pretty sure that Yamada might be Kase's first official girlfriend. I think Kase is just generally very friendly and close to some girls but Yamada might be the first girl she's really liked? When Yamada had asked whether Kase had been to other girls' room, Kase's response seemed to indicate that she hadn't been to many (if any at all) for a while. And she doesn't seem inclined to bring girls back to her own room either... I guess we'll just have to wait for more chapters. The wait is killing me!

erise
Kase-san discussion 26 Jul 12:03
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Okay, I've done chapter 15 (which essentially continues where chapter 12 ended, I'm not sure when the Christmas chapter actually comes in). You can check out chapter 15 on Pastebin. Enjoy!

Thanks, I think it's great that this is getting deeper into both characters' experience level and mindset within the relationship. Would you do the latest chapter- http://bookstore.yahoo.co.jp/shoshi-469877/ ? It looks epic as hell.

Oh I didn't realise another chapter was out (I don't follow the Chinese scanlations because I really much prefer my scanlations to be in English). I'll try to get round to this chapter soon - am afraid I can't do much right now as it's 12 midnight here and I gotta get to bed, work calls :(

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the team translating this - I initially wasn't sure if it was worth the money and hassle to read this, but I took the plunge because the art was pretty (I'm shallow that way). And I'm glad I did, because all the updates have been the highlights of my days. There's just something about discovering a bit more about the characters each chapter and watching Sungji and Sumin (somewhat obliviously) falling in love with each other :D

erise
Stretch discussion 02 Jul 07:58
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Every other chapter or so now is just them being totally married and Keiko being totally whipped. I love it.

erise
Stretch discussion 17 Jun 19:26
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I feel like Ran saw the opportunity to push Keiko towards closure of the relationship and took it. One way of viewing it is that she knows Keiko needs it, and would push Keiko to do it regardless of the consequences for their relationship (e.g. Keiko and ex end up back together). The other possibility is that Ran is confident that Keiko and ex are never ever getting back together, but Keiko needs the closure to move on for good.

erise
Kase-san discussion 09 Jun 17:55
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Okay, I've done chapter 15 (which essentially continues where chapter 12 ended, I'm not sure when the Christmas chapter actually comes in). You can check out chapter 15 on Pastebin. Enjoy!

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 6:00PM

erise
Kase-san discussion 09 Jun 14:19
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Okay, as promised - I've sort of summarised chapter 12. Sort of because I apparently suck at summaries and this ended up being more like a full translation of sorts. Do note that the translations might not be 100% spot on since it's basically been translated from Japanese to Chinese and then English. Hope this helps stave you over till we get the next few chapters. Let me know too if anyone would like a similar translation for chapter 15. I've also put the translation in Pastebin.

(Edited so no one has to deal with the ginormous wall of spoiler text - please go to the pastebin)

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 5:04PM

erise
Stretch discussion 05 Jun 16:11
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh that is actually rather illuminating for me in that i get the meaning of "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss Ran". The former accentuates Keiko's fangirl mode, haha.

Same for "Ran-chaaan" - it now gives me the sense that Keiko was being clingy/attention-seeking, rather than a "heeeey baby" vibe.

"Sama" is the more formal and politer version of "san", and it is used to address a person with a higher status and when you need to be very polite. "San" is similar to "Mr, Mrs,and Ms" in English and is often translated to that, but there's no similar way to address "sama" in english. Translating honorifics is pretty difficult since it is not the same in every language, what translators can do is to find the one with the closest meaning to the language they are translating it to, or sometimes not translate it at all if they can't find anything close to its meaning. That is why most of the times it does not really deliver the meaning, nuance or feeling of a particular word that well (if my sentence makes any sense). So, you're not wrong if you get the meaning "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss-Ran".Sorry for the long post. Do correct me if I'm wrong >.<...

Well, what i actually meant was, I would have understood the context better if it was left as "Ran-sama" instead of translating it to English. It's precisely for the reasons you mentioned above - that there isn't a really good way to translate the meaning of "-sama" to English. Having read/watched lots of manga and anime, i would have gotten "Ran-sama" immediately, though i do also understand that the translator(s) might have been trying to cater to a wider audience that might not be that familiar with the honorifics and what they mean in certain contexts.

erise
Stretch discussion 04 Jun 05:33
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

What did Keiko said in the original for "Ran baby". Did they use the English "baby" as well.

No, she said Ran-chaaan. At the end she said Ran-sama for Miss Ran.

Oh that is actually rather illuminating for me in that i get the meaning of "Ran-sama" in that context better than "Miss Ran". The former accentuates Keiko's fangirl mode, haha.

Same for "Ran-chaaan" - it now gives me the sense that Keiko was being clingy/attention-seeking, rather than a "heeeey baby" vibe.

(Note: I'm not complaining about the translation because i don't understand a lick of Japanese. In fact, I'm really appreciative of the effort to get the chapters out to us so quickly) But one suggestion I have is that perhaps the translator(s) could consider retaining some of these 'flavours' in the translation in future? I suppose it's not easy to decide what aspects to retain or localise so i leave it in the capable hands of the translator(s), it's just something I'd like to have if possible.

erise
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 18:37
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Keiko and Ran are totally married and the both of them are so whipped by each other it's insane. No, I'm not okay.

Also Ran in glasses... Hot damn.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 6:38PM

erise
Kase-san discussion 01 Jun 16:33
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Just discovered this series and omg I died from all the feels, it's just so cute and adorable!!!

And I have never been more glad that I can read Chinese because i got to read chapters 11-13! I'll be happy to summarise what happens in those chapters if anyone is interested.

O: can you please!

Ah, I only just saw this. I'm on an overseas trip now so I'll get to it after I'm back!

Also I'm really glad to see that the English scanlations are still going on! While I can understand Chinese, it takes me twice as long to read it and that does affect my enjoyment somewhat.

On this chapter - I am enjoying pervy Kase too much. Gotta love how she jumps at the opportunity to be with Yamada at the pool hehehe.

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 4:34PM

erise
Stretch discussion 23 May 14:28
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I feel like if you put on yuri goggles and squint a little, the way their heads are positioned during the judo hold looks a little like they're also kissing....

last edited at May 23, 2015 2:29PM

erise
Kase-san discussion 06 May 13:58
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Just discovered this series and omg I died from all the feels, it's just so cute and adorable!!!

And I have never been more glad that I can read Chinese because i got to read chapters 11-13! I'll be happy to summarise what happens in those chapters if anyone is interested.

erise
Stretch discussion 16 Apr 12:13
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I wonder what will be the final trigger to make it official (the yuri). Personally I would love a classic kiss without words after some dumb teasing and Keiko to take the innitiative almost without thinking (and no alchool involved)... But I don't think Shou will be happy with just that.

I would love for Keiko to take the initiative because so far Ran's been the one starting stuff and kinda showing her feelings a little more.

But yes, I don't think it'll be so simple. While I love their playful dynamic, my biggest fear is also that if anything happens (a kiss, confession of feelings, etc), the other person / both of them will play it off as a joke or prank, and cue angst? Not that I mind angst, but I want to see their relationship go forward, rather than backwards.

erise
Stretch discussion 16 Apr 10:15
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

The fact that Keiko was so happy she teared up :')

Ran knowing exactly what Keiko wants :)))

I don't care what they are together, I just love their relationship.

erise
Stretch discussion 02 Apr 10:29
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I had quite a few mini heart attacks from this chapter. Loved every minute of it though. Keiko's anxiety over Ran having a boyfriend and Ran being upset was delicious.

erise
Stretch discussion 31 Jan 08:26
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Do we still consider Ran's feelings as subtext or have we broken that barrier?

As for when she broke the barrier I think it was broken with the Valentine's chapter,

I agree. It was a confession of sorts, it's odd nothing happened after, except holding hands in chapter 30.

They did share Ran's futon and Keiko was happy to let Ran cuddle her and sleep in a little more... But that said, I think there's no real progress because of Keiko. Apart from the cuddling, the other sign that she might have feelings for Ran was the little blush that Keiko had after they talked about their chocolate... But it seems like she's trying to play it cool because she tried to brush off the chocolate casually too?

erise
Stretch discussion 30 Jan 10:45
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

The fact that the soba Ran cooked in chapter 26 was for her 'special someone' and that she popped Keiko's new year soba cherry gives me feels. And she gave Valentine's day chocolate to Keiko which was the kind of her 'special someone' too.... Yep, feels galore.