Forum › Posts by Dum Fck

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Yes, I just hope it has a more substantial reason for the sobrenatural than the previous manga. For now, I'm not judging the dad, we don't know yet what happened after he found the mother on the floor. He being angry and freaked out at first is reasonable. If I were a parent, I would like for the teenager to see the blood and call emergency than not doing it and have an enourmous trauma because of it. But that's just me.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I always assume children are monsters

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Damnnnnnn

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Oh nice one, boss. It's impossible for me to dislike any character of this manga, loved Tsuzuki's selfishness, she was so perfect until now. Don't understand why people are so annoyed by this particular non monogamous portray, I thought that a non monogamous relationship could vary and fit the tastes of the people involved in it.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

It didn't seem like going with her friends was bothersome to her, sometimes you just have a lot to do in a little time.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

That's why you can't be nice to people, I learn so much from fiction

Dum Fck
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Nov 20:29
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Well, I don't think she is an average kid because the plan 'get a deadly wound to become a vampire' requires for you to feel a lot of pain, the very thing that gets us an evolutionary tool so we don't die that easily, fear. In a lot of cases, children get hurt because they don't know how to assess a situation, leading them to awful choices wich brings bruses and broken bones. When facing the same situation that in the past brought pain, a kid would be a little scared and able to think better about what to do next. Al, being a 9 year old, knows that already, she lived for 9 years and is very smart, as we were told. Even after executing that plan, with a deadly wound, she wasn't freaked out, she was in pain but she wasn't acting like a regular kid would, no scream, no tear. She was calm, she was so cold blood she said "Let me drink your blood, that way I'll be your little sister forever". Yes, kids are impatient, but for a kid to go such lengths just so she could get what she wants is not an ordinary thing.

Dum Fck
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Nov 02:58
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Agree, it seemed Al planned to get hurt so she would need to turn into a vampire. I'd just add that this is not a regular child way of thinking and acting. And since is just a manga with fictional characters, I can say this without being a psychiatrist: Al seems a psycho, and turning a psychopath into a vampire should also be a no no. And this adds another layer of tragedy to it all.

Dum Fck
A Cute Guy discussion 19 Nov 16:26
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

great disclaimer kek

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I really like the way they did it here. It always feels a bit weird to me that people expect characters to just instantly become aware of some hidden feelings as soon as somebody confesses to them. At least give them time to figure things out. Just because the reader thinks it's obvious that they are in love doesn't mean it's as obvious to them. Not to mention that there are different forms of affection that you can have for a person and sorting out what is what isn't always easy. So I really appreciate that both this manga and Futaribeya have characters acknowledging this and openly communicating where they stand. It just seems more natural to me

Agree. It would be nice if there were no romantic relationship, to focus in a growth towards choosing yourself first and not devote your life completly to someone else. Also agree with ex-idol girl being pretty much an useless adult is not very appealing, so main character just considers her to be a child.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

New girl is so sus

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 7:46PM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

So there were side effects in the "love potion"? Future Elsa, make up your mind. Yeah, lazy writing about Evie's realization. Either write Evie a little bit like how a regular person deals with feelings or make a better development to the character. The art is still awesome, kudos.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 7:13PM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

how can a ghost blush if it has no blood?

Kek, it wasn't finished.

Wait, I take it back the taking back, the ghost blushed.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 11:06PM

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I was so happy for the update, now I'm so sad that it only has two chapters left. Thank you, translators.

This may be a little mean-spirited but given the widespread negative attitudes towards polyamory in fiction, I find it very satisfying that it is consistently Kashiwai's monogamy that causes problems in this series.

I agree in most parts. It is more explicit here, but it stands to every relationship: the need to a good communication. Kashiwai is still working on that for sure, aren't we all? Everything is so new to her, I understand why she would reproduce old habits, even though Tsuzuki is constantly reassuring it's ok to be honest.

I don't find the love connections toxic, as it was said. Kashiwai's boss was kind of a douche also because she was mixing private life with work, the Tsuzuki's fiance was cool in the meeting after knowing Kashiwai and Tsuzuki were in love. The thing is, monogamy is best at the beginning. Because of hormones you get that rush, a need do spend as much time as you can with the person you love, while polyamory is great after all that.

I believe in the author's capacity to deliver a good ending. I don't think we will get a full angst ending, sorrow and stuff. By meeting Tsuzuki, Kashiwai was able to fall in love hard, that's a first, get some alone time and reflect upon what she wants. I find those important things, Kashiwai was so blasé, look at here now. That's another thing about polyamory that I feel it's being emphatyze, you can get some time alone (except fot Tsuzuki, I don't know how she manages). We might even get a third important thing of polyamory: fluidity. Things aren't set on stone, you can ajust things. It would be a first to Tsuzuki, she is such a evolved character that ramained the same from the beggining.

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I feel that too, I'm still reading it because of the art and Xiaoen, she is a charismatic and brings lightness to the story. I kinda dislike pie lady now.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Future Elsa is more about addressing the nameless character, a plot twist is always welcomed.

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

That was wonderful. Great at humor, great at drama. From everything I saw, I think it was the best and only work that depicted developing feelings between a teenager and an adult in a non grooming way. I was hoping twenty five twenty two would do that too, but it didn't. Thank you to everyone involved in the translation/edition of this. So was 'Sunflower' a real nickname or they just used so we could identify the characters??

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I agree, started as a shady thing done by Elsa, then she reconsiders it and is now a shady thing done by future Elsa, but not so much since it amplifies pre existing feelings? I feel a little better with that, nevertheless it is borderline ethics. Is that with any feelings or just romantic love?

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

"Careful, he might be fat" kek. I felt a lost Ollie vibe. I really liked that manga, I'm glad all that didn't make Yuuta an ass.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I feel the story is a bit cringy/cliché now

Ohhh yeah

Honestly tho, what Mitsuki did was fucked up. If I were Aya, I’d be so humiliated and angry. Like this WHOLE time the ‘guy’ I’ve been gushing and embarrassing myself over and spending my Sundays visiting is the girl sitting next to me. Same girl heard and knew everything but didn’t say a word to me. Even if she was afraid, how long would she let this go on for? God I feel bad for Aya. Mitsuki knows she knows and she should say sorry. Like grow a pair and own up to it, she’s been the only one lying in their relationship so take responsibility.

Yes, daily small acts beats a grand gesture. I get she is a teenager, but it never occurred to her how would Aya feel by finding this out? I don't care about Mitsuki's tears.

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

And that's the joker's origin

Dum Fck
Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

omg, that boy could easily fall from the platform

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

kek kirby at the end

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

The art is so cool, and the coloring. I ship the guy with the girl who found out about glasses girl.