Forum › Posts by Ibri

joined Apr 28, 2016

I wish people would get the concept that you can criticize something without hating it. And that not every time someone is annoyed at a trope that is a condemnation of the entire work.

@Cannibal: Not every trope is annoying and plenty are only annoying when they get used frequently. Also bloom into you friends with benefits? Benefits indicates precisely what they don't have in their relationship.

Edit:Btw in my opinion the "everything is tropes" thing relies on over generalization partly of the descriptions but more importantly of the word trope. Not everything that has ever happened in another work before qualifies as trope, sure for everything someone writes someone else has written something similar before (depending on how much abstraction you apply) especially if it is about basic human interactions but I don't think that is sufficient to label it a trope

last edited at Jan 23, 2017 4:13PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

For others who don't read tags: The first one starts cute and ends with weirdly handled rape so don't go there looking for a cute story.

last edited at Jan 22, 2017 4:39PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

"I'm normal."

GODDAMNIT. This is why we can't have nice things. I really wonder if she means that or if the trope of "doesn't realize her feelings for her friend are romantic" is in play.

UGH.

Casual reminder
Go reread lmao

You got me. I forgot. DERP. In my defense, though, there seems to be a cognitive disconnect when she says she's in love with her but would never date a girl. So, in a way, she really doesn't realize it.

That being said, why would she say that? And unless I am really losing my mind, it wasn't Maiko saying that. Is Morinaga just trying to manufacture drama?

It is called lying. You know when you say something while knowing it is not true. (Edit:Damn ninjas!) The implication isn't that she isn't aware she is into woman but that she is either worried about the reaction to her being a lesbian or that she has really internalized attitudes against homosexuality. But the second one is a bit heavy for this manga so I would assume the first.

Seriously though I hoped the ex thing would lead to her actively trying to get in a relationship with her. Low odds sure, but some MC being proactive for once would have been nice.

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 3:59PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

The nice thing about poly stuff is that I have no idea how it will play out.

joined Apr 28, 2016

I want more characters being nice and open with each other in my manga with sex. And in other stuff too for that matter.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Kotooka, please grow up your reasoning is childish.

joined Apr 28, 2016

The scifi part seemed a bit half hearted. When she turned out to be super powered I expected there to happen a bit more with that beside carrying heavy stuff.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Tamako withstanding, pretty much most of their adaptations that aren't already centered around male romances have been made gayer in anime format. Lucky Star was gayer, K-On! was arguably gayer (if slightly toned down on the Mugi front), and let's not forget Free!.

Since they like teasing it without any official relationship progression I don't think they would have to change this manga. For all the enthusiasm on Tooru's side I don't think Kobayashi-san has ever reciprocated, unless I am forgetting something? (And honestly I don't expect anything to change in that respect before the last few chapters.)

joined Apr 28, 2016

Cross dressing to pretend you are your sister and try to make the guy dislike you. This is such a manga plot…

joined Apr 28, 2016

I wish they would just talk about it, hell she even considered that it might be okay if they all knew. I know it is hard and scary just to talk about this situation and it might be messy but I would find it so refreshing if she just sat down with them and said "so we are in a love triangle and it is getting awkward so lets talk about it."