Forum › Posts by themusicman500

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I prefer having NozoNico doujins if they are comedy based just like how their relationship is jokes between each other.
Serious NozoNico stuff isn't fun to to read for me.

I think we've yet to see a NozoNico that attempts to seriously tackle their relqtionship in the source and explain how and why they would fall in love.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 4:52PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

That's how you do an extra.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Lol that ending line, classic.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't get it, but...this is still so good. More validation that we don't have an oblivious protagonist. This is so ...amazing. It's sad how ...unusual this is.

My thanks to the author. Wow...

It's such a breath of fresh air that they had a chance romantic moment, and now they're casually flirting.

themusicman500
Earth Girls discussion 04 Jan 02:58
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This would have worked great as a full chapter.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

A lot of people claiming Sayaka doesn't have all the pieces are missing crucial details like this one, I feel. Nakatani seems to be way too subtle for a lot of people with details like this.

That's a good catch. Still, Sayaka is not aware of the whole picture. She knows about Touko's weak side, and Touko's past. But there is no evidence that would suggest she knows the specifics of the relationship between Touko and Yuu, or the detailed specifics of Touko's mental hangups. Sayaka has good instincts, she did her homework on Touko's past, and she plays close attention to Touko, but she can't literally read minds, and she can't see what Touko and Yuu do when she's not around.

Goodness gracious. So in order to meet Touko's dating standards, you have to not only promise never to fall in love with her, but also have her entire brain downloaded.

themusicman500
Earth Girls discussion 02 Jan 00:34
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I appreciate that the last image had Juna getting confessed to.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Homura. Homura never changes.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Even aside from the sex hook, this is a pretty interesting story. It's kind of a jumble of various cliches, but the characters really sell it.

Almost in spite of itself, this manga is good. The art and story are undeniably fun, especially the dancing scenes.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wouldn't it be funny if now that the series has been downgraded to subtext, the author decided to go full text instead? It probably won't be but I can dream damnit

That's literally exactly what happened. The author has outright told the reader that catulus tend to be gay and made it extremely obvious that Yuki has a crush on Riko.

It's text.

Then why is it still tagged as Subtext?

The tag already got changed once so I guess there's a higher standard that needs to be reached before it can be changed again.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wouldn't it be funny if now that the series has been downgraded to subtext, the author decided to go full text instead? It probably won't be but I can dream damnit

That's literally exactly what happened. The author has outright told the reader that catulus tend to be gay and made it extremely obvious that Yuki has a crush on Riko.

It's text.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Talking glowingly to a crowd about sexually abusing a minor at your book party? Doesn't get more epic than that. Is this going for black comedy of some sort?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

How about the mild twin getting together with Kokone's sister?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I like this, but when you think about it, an otherwise normal 36 year old woman having this kind of reaction to a 12 year old girl's advances is very odd.

The premise works because it's not super apparent how old a character is with the standard moe art style, so it's easy to suspend your disbelief.

themusicman500
Image Comments 12 Dec 23:10
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Lap

I was like "whoa" when I realized

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Working with a class full of 17 year olds really makes this a bit of an uncomfortable read
Despite the cuteness

The story is very sweet but a little thoughtless in that sense. I find Takemiya Jin's art to be subversive and cool, but her writing to often be a little more "in the box" than I expect from that.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Alright real talk... Can we all agree how stupid that exam is? A proper exam should have the possibility that all students can pass at the same time, as well as the possibility that they all fail. Imagine if regular schools did this? you had full marks on the exam, no mistakes at all, but because someone handed in their testsheet before you did, you fail.

It's more like a tryout for a sports team than a school exam. One might wonder why the whole hierarchy thing exists at all, like why does being a witch have to be a competition? Have shounen action tropes infected the entire manga multiverse?

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 4:25AM

themusicman500
Image Comments 07 Dec 04:06
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
62025757_p0

I tend to think Chiya's outfit is overly revealing and bit embarrassing, but here I think it looks cool and stylish.

themusicman500
Liberty discussion 07 Dec 00:02
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It’s possible to interpret this series so it makes sense/bears some passing resemblance to actual human behavior.

But it’s not easy.

I disagree. Difficult people are everywhere, they just don't act that way all the time.

themusicman500
Liberty discussion 06 Dec 23:37
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't mind the contract tbh. To me it's clearly Liz's personal way of lightening up their relationship. She's not literally declaring that Maki is her slave who can't say no and has to obey her every whim. She's making a joke acknowledging that she's a difficult and demanding person and that Maki will have to adapt to that if she wants to date her. (which she very much does)

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 7:37PM

themusicman500
Image Comments 06 Dec 22:53
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
65442072_p0

Well done kiss regardless of their family relation. Their hair, ears, hands, eyes, and mouths all look great.

last edited at Dec 6, 2018 10:58PM

themusicman500
Image Comments 04 Dec 14:57
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
64240431_p0

Chloe and Lillian in the background is a nice touch.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This has what I call the "Yaoi dynamic", a romance with one lover who's small and meek, and another lover who's strong and sexually intimidating.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think the lolicon tag makes sense here, (it's clearly what the author was going for) but it begs the question of why more works on this site don't have it, for instance almost every Madoka doujin. Wouldn't this standard make Inuyasha a lolicon work?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

wait is beastkin in this manga eternal loli?

In spire of all the things brought up in this discussion that surprisingly were explored in the story, I don't think we'll ever learn the answer to this.