Forum › Posts by Wtv

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, the love potion is kinda controversial, at least.

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

She's actually curing the girl, but she's tsundere. The girl's actions are a little...questionable, though.

By the way, you can support the author since she's releasing the books in English and Portuguese on pixiv booth this month. She also made a post about how pirating her works upsets her, and since she did make a effort to make it available for English speaking public, it would probably help to buy it if you can.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/幻想手札天堂樹/response-to-regarding-the-recent-unauthorized-incident/2003993616318841/

Wtv
Killing Me! discussion 27 Jul 11:33
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Cune once cancelled a yuri series, but that was justified by health problems of the artist. And even if it didn't reach enough content for one volume, Cune still published what they had (around 50 pages) digitaly. This manga was Fujieda Miyabi's Colorful End Contents.

Yeah, what was weird about this case is how sudden it happened, without any explanation. The mangaka's last tweet was just last week and it was a Killing Me drawing. The manga was popular and most fans are surprised and wondering if something happened with the author now.
Most comments about it between japanese readers is just confusion.

Wtv
Killing Me! discussion 27 Jul 11:08
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

In a big magazine, maybe. But for smaller magazines like Cune, that's not really standard.

Letting series continue is even more of a burden on smaller magazines.

Even MTK rarely will cancel a series with only one volume out.

When the first volume comes out they absolutely do look at sales to decide whether it will end at 2, maybe 3. They will even potentially cancel series at 1 volume based on reader feedback. What's rare is a manga ending suddenly without a final chapter that goes in the final volume.

That's not a good idea, because she risks losing trust and no one will buy her next works.

Whether it's a good decision or not really depends on stuff like the balance of their financial situation. It's not something an armchair expert like you can tell.

I'm not sure why you're bothered by it. Point is that an author cancel a series is never a good idea for them. Only situation I could see it being a good decision is if Cune doesn't allow hiatus, what yeah, we can't know if that's the case, although I never heard of a magazine doing that. But if it's just about the author current situation, a hiatus would make more sense. Konohana's author did that. Namori is doing it with YrYr. Even Prism, that we know will never be back is officially "on hiatus". It makes sense, as it's really hard to a mangaka to be published, to begin with.

So yeah, regardless of her current situation (what let's be honest, most people who bought her manga doesn't care at all), cancelling it suddenly without any explanation isn't good professionally speaking. I'm not even saying that she shouldn't. But that's how it is.

Wtv
Killing Me! discussion 27 Jul 10:22
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Decisions being taken to cancel a series on the initial sales of the 1st volume is how the industry operates for most series.

In a big magazine, maybe. But for smaller magazines like Cune, that's not really standard. Even MTK rarely will cancel a series with only one volume out.
And anyway, the series looked fairly popular, giving how much it was being promoted and how much it was being talked about online.

Even if an publisher offered that chance, and they normally do, I can imagine a mangaka might decide not to continue a series if their royalties don't make it worth it, or even financially affordable, so that's one plausible way a series could end like this.

That's not a good idea, because she risks losing trust and no one will buy her next works. Even if she's not doing that good sales-wise, if she still wants to keep working as mangaka, It's best to at least see the story to the end. We rarely see mangas being cancelled by the author themselves. Usually they're put on hiatus (sometimes eternal hiatus, like CLAMP titles). So this is not really that common.

Wtv
Killing Me! discussion 27 Jul 09:52
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It wasn't axed. In that print the magazine makes it clear it was the author's decision to end the manga. The author herself apologizes below. So it has nothing to do with sales or reception. I think the manga was actually well received.

Now why the author choose to cancel it, we might never know.

It is still corrected to say it was axed. And it's not impossible the author's decision relates to sales.

Volume one is still on sale. It would be stupid to cancel it because of that. A lot of manga only gets popular after some few number of volumes. I would guess the author found another opportunity where she can earn more/something she likes more and decided to pursue that instead. She does end with "might we meet again", what suggest she'll keep doing manga and I wouldn't be surprised if she's already working on something else.

Anyway, axed would imply the magazine forced her to cancel. If it was her own choice, she had enough room to at least finish a second volume and give it a proper end. Maybe it was circumstances beyond her control, like diseases or something, what's understandable. But if she shows up with a new story soon after this, I wouldn't trust her again.

Wtv
Killing Me! discussion 27 Jul 09:44
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It wasn't axed. In that print the magazine makes it clear it was the author's decision to end the manga. The author herself apologizes below. So it has nothing to do with sales or reception. I think the manga was actually well received.

Now why the author choose to cancel it, we might never know.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

....pedo....

Just call it as it is. Lady is grooming and sexually using a young kid for pleasure. That's a child molester and a criminal.

You are jumping to conclusions. What if she has never gone beyond kissing and does not intent to till she grows up?

Obviously still unacceptable in RL - but it would be very tame for a loli manga - and would not class as sexually using OR grooming.

Itou Hatchi's stuff is always nice and fluffy & not hardcore at all so I doubt this will be either.

Btw - no surprise it is loli age-gap with Itou Hatchi - but I'm kinda amazed he has drawn a manga without animal ears lol!

She actually draws sex scenes with these same characters and post at times on her twitter, so I guess not.

Wtv
Anime season 13 Jul 10:50
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Aikatsu friends without context is quite fun too. And that's not even the best one!

Even in context it's pretty gay, actually.

last edited at Jul 13, 2018 10:50AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This is actually pretty good since these are all elements that actually happens in the game. Unfortunately, probably people who didn't play it won't even understand most jokes.

Wtv
Anime season 10 Jul 13:20
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Checked out first episode of "Drop Kick on my Devil!" and it just dumps you way into the story without any real character or world introductions. Starts after chapter 38 or later of manga (based on characters who are already in the anime). So if you're planning on watching it, might want to read the manga first up until ch.38 at least.

I remember skimming through the first chapters and they weren't that violent. I wonder if that's the reason why they skipped until later.
Well, it's episodic, so it doesn't matter much. They'll probably animate chapters out of order.
The show itself is not that funny, but it's still fun. Yurine is great.

Wtv
Anime season 09 Jul 19:08
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Another 22/7 clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0qpk-Ww-wE

KyoAni? I can already see it turning into a disappointment. Meh

It's not KyoAni. It feels like KyoAni because Yukiko Horiguchi is involved in the project. Hopefully, she'll anime the anime, as she seems to be doing it with the shorts, already.
Horiguchi pretty much defined KyoAni style, and they emulate her style until today. But she left KyoAni in 2014.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hum...some people will probably get disappointed. Although there's just three (four?) chapter out, so it's hard to say if it's going where it seems.

Wtv
Anime season 02 Jul 12:34
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hisone & Masotan : Includes a tragic lesbian backstory Fun dramedy that also has military shintou dragons. It's a weird show that's too far outside the normal frameworks for me to call it good or bad, but I enjoyed it, at least

Good thing I dropped it before that then.

Well, it's Mari Okada. That was expected.

Wtv
Anime season 30 Jun 19:59
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Gungale online was great!!! that was a brutal way to die and that was a cute way to kiss! haha, payback maybe?
s2 when? is there material for one anyway?

And I saw the first chapters of Hanebado! and it's pretty coool~ just like with Takkyuu you have an incredible main character and when it comes to shipping, well I was spoiled from people who call it shit... Apparently there's het in the latest volume, but you should be fine enjoying this as long as you don't ship the main character with anyone, and according to the rumors it just comes suddenly and it rubs the wrong way, but hey! the guy was there from the start so is not too weird, well, I'm least now I'm warned and I can enjoy the series for everything else including the other fantastic girls

The het is not between the main character. And the character who confess to the coach is shown to have a crush on him since early. So I don't even get why some people are complaining. They probably never saw anything about it and just want to complain.
Still, apparently, there's not much yuri either. It's all focused on the sport.

Wtv
Anime season 30 Jun 10:05
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Can we also talk about Mirai and Karen/Love me tear? And how the way they paired up was basically a cheese romance movie?
Also, Maika x Ema is basically Juri x Hinaki?

Aikatsu Friends might be the gayest idol show ever. The only way any other idol show can one up them is by having a duo make out on screen.
I think I'll wait 1-2 more eps before I post a mini review.

Well, that was a made up story, but still fun.
Also, I just love Mirai's first song.

It's funny, but the shows I enjoyed the most this season were children show.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/watashi_ni_tenshi_ga_maiorita_ch10#6

I noticed Noah blushing here, at first I though it was because they knew they were being taken photos of (because all of them were blushing) but later it's shown that they didn't know... So what does that blushing mean? Because of the indirect kissu? Has a ship sailed?

Well, slightly spoilers, but not much.
I can confirm Noah and Hinata is a intentional shipping. They also apparently went on a date in the latest chapter, but I haven't read that one yet.

We're gonna have to get a fourth loli or Hina's gonna be left out in the cold once the other college girl shows up...

There's two other characters, but they're paired up with each other already.
Also, I'm sure the other college girl has no chance.

Wtv
Anime season 27 Jun 13:18
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yes Aikatsu Friends I love it. Her brother is jealous it's amusing. It reminds me on original Aikatsu when Sora steal Ran from Yurika. lol

His reactions are funny because it makes no sense if he only saw Mio as Aine's friend.
"Isn't that girl too friendly with Aine?"
"Aine said she would marry me when she was a kid, and you?"

It's also funny how Mio gives a glance back when "stealing" Aine from her friend as if provoking her.
These two episodes use clear romantic tropes.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/watashi_ni_tenshi_ga_maiorita_ch10#6

I noticed Noah blushing here, at first I though it was because they knew they were being taken photos of (because all of them were blushing) but later it's shown that they didn't know... So what does that blushing mean? Because of the indirect kissu? Has a ship sailed?

Well, slightly spoilers, but not much.
I can confirm Noah and Hinata is a intentional shipping. They also apparently went on a date in the latest chapter, but I haven't read that one yet.

Wtv
Anime season 26 Jun 14:40
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Just wanted to point out. These two last Aikatsu Friends episodes were a yuri story disguised as a children's anime.
Or would it be a yuri children's anime?

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yeah, as I expected, the studio is decent enough to make something beautiful. The background in special is great.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

^Or maybe they just looked at the ratings? Hmm? This manga has the lowest on their pixiv

Well, maybe. Some physical magazine use ratings to decide what to keep doing, so maybe YH is doing that for Pixiv. It's rare to axe something with one volume, but maybe they hate a minimal rating to achieve.

We'll never know unless the author speaks up about it, though (and not sure if someone cares enough to keep an eye on them).

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Axed.

This was a webcomic posted on Pixiv. I kinda doubt it was axed because there wasn't even one tank out yet, and Yuri Hime Pixiv is pretty flexible. The author probably just lacked ideas to keep on.

I actually think it would be better to stop it with just more jokes instead of hinting at a plot development, but well...

Wtv
Anime season 22 Jun 12:48
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

sooo, i wanna ask, now that Toji no Miko is finished airing(or not yet idk), is it worth watching for the yuri alone ? i do know it isn't a yuri and just a subtext, but is there actually any girls that are gay for each other or at least one girl? if not i won't watch it (or i'll put it on my LONG list of plan to watch anime). i have the same question on Princess Principle.

I guess you mean Princess Principal? If that's the case, it's pretty gay. It doesn't state that the girls are romantically in love, but it heavily implies it. That, and the official arts are pretty gay and have some yuri imagery. Also, Princess is the most important person in the world for Ange, regardless.
It's Madoka level of gay, at least, but a little more reciprocal.
Keep in mind that the director said in an interview for ANN that they didn't have the intention of making their relationships romantic, but in the BD Extras he said the exact opposite, that their relationship was supposed to be like romance.

Also, even if it was not gay, it's a great action show in itself and deserves to be seen.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yo Wtv, I have a question for you, can you send me a message on Discord? Or I can message you there. Or email. Or anything that would work well for ya.

Well, you can add me on discord if you want with: WtvCo#4894
I'm not sure that's how Discord works, but okay.