Forum › Posts by YuriLoveFan

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Now that I've read the raws, there's one thing that really surprised me (not really a bad thing but just surprising). We all know that Ai and Chie are currently the most developed couple by far in this series. But in the manga raws so far they're like one of the last couples to actually kiss lol. That's just surprising to me.
BTW I fucking love this series and I'm so happy that these are actually (at least a large part of them) turning into romantic relationships because at the start that was super unclear lol.

YuriLoveFan
After 9 discussion 14 Jan 13:35
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm so used to bad endings in yuri now that when they said I love you to each other I just thought to myself "I wonder how they betray each other later..." subconsciously...I'm so happy that there's been an influx of lighthearted yuri series lately...Seriously thank God, my mind seems to have been permanently stained by all the other sadness lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY IS THIS THE END!? I DESIRE A CONTINUATION SO DESPERATELY!

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

So does anybody know how one would go about getting the raws of this series (aside from purchasing)? I can't really find them so are the translators keeping them to themselves or something (it's fine if they are as long as we get to see the translations eventually lol) or are they floating around somewhere?

They can be found in the 4chan threads. Does anyone know where I could upload the raws publicly? Something like mangatraders or madokami or the likes.

You can try uploading them to mediafire or something and then sharing the links or something. Idk I've never done this lol. Do you have a link to the 4chan threads you speak of btw?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

So does anybody know how one would go about getting the raws of this series (aside from purchasing)? I can't really find them so are the translators keeping them to themselves or something (it's fine if they are as long as we get to see the translations eventually lol) or are they floating around somewhere?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

So...she's realizing these feelings now...and yet...I get this feeling that she will still be trying to figure these feelings out 50 to 100 chapters from now, won't she?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I somehow seem to have missed the first three chapters of this but this is basically just the yuri version of 50 Shades of Grey? Gotta say...even if its a yuri version...anything resembling 50 Shades of Grey in any shape or form concerns me...Bright side is that it could not possibly be worse than 50 Shades even if it wanted to be.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 10:50PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Until we get some sort of confirmation either way, every chapter I'm gonna be unable to do anything other than try to figure out if this is gonna wind up romantic or not (even though it probably won't).

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

This series lost all meaning and relevance to me by the end.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I generally try to avoid saying anything at all about stuff that happens later, so I don't really want to say anything.

So all I'll say is that I look forward to seeing the reactions to upcoming chapters.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? GOOD THINGS!? BAD!? YURI!? DAMN YOU AND YOUR AMBIGUITY! lol
No but seriously, I get that you don't want to give away too much but is it good things or bad or what?

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 1:28AM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Still hoping this takes the path of a romance at some point in the future.

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 18:01
joined Jul 8, 2013

Marion Diabolito posted:

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders.

I'm neither though. I'm not going to bother defending it to people but I'm not really going to hate on it either. I just want to see how it continues developing right now.

I agree with this statement. I just think the main characters are idiots because...well, they just are. I just don't understand the results and literally nobody has given me an explanation for it yet. If I were to say I like these characters that would be an enormous lie but I root for them because, even though at this point I don't really think they deserve it, I just like it when romances work out in the best way possible. I wouldn't recommend this series to anybody and if somebody were to ask me if it was worth it I'd say, "No." But I don't think that its not entirely bad. For example, I think the art is incredible (honestly, the mangaka for this series is probably one of the best yuri manga artists working right now) and I don't think are bad people (just portrayed and written overall terribly). The only reason I still read it is because I wanna know what happens in the end, as is the side effect of most drama series. I wouldn't really call myself a Citrus-hater because of this but at the same time I sure as hell am not a Ctirus-defender.
I honestly just don't understand the results. They just make no sense to me. I don't see how to anybody Mei and Yuzu are the best yuri pair and Yuzu is the best yuri character (even though, if I had to choose between the two I like her more than Mei lol).

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 17:49
joined Jul 8, 2013

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders. Just like with Stretch, the tactic of dragging it out forever works, on balance. For every person you lose you may gain about a person-and-a-half, and that's enough. It occurs to me Stretch's name was a stealth pun in English commenting on this tactic. I finally reconciled to the New Love Antagonist of the Month/Season nature of Citrus and enjoyed it for what it was, partly thanks to struggling to do that with Stretch and maybe with Fluttering Feelings. Citrus is, to tsundere stories and long-drawn-out yuri romances, what Strawberry Panic was to Maria-sama ga Miteru - kind of taking every trope and ramping it up to 11. But we're girls! But she has a fiance! But she's my step-sister! It's not as if I really like you, Yuzu! Etc.

Except Stretch isn't a yuri and didn't really drag it out at all and ended at a really normal point, considering it was a slice of life series with very short chapters.

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 17:45
joined Jul 8, 2013

[...] it's Freakin annoying that people "love" this series so much.

Ikr? Those pesky people who like what we don't like should just disappear, right? No, wait...

I have no problem with people liking things that I don't like (which is why I emphasized in my comments that it was just my opinion; I'm not the person you replied to btw but the person that that person replied to lol) but it's not even arguable anymore that these characters are absolute idiots. EVERYBODY AGREES ON THAT and its exactly what EVERY SINGLE COMMENT about them EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER says lol. So I just don't understand how they could possibly have been voted best yuri pair much less over a couple that everybody who read the series they're from loves. In other words, I quite simply don't understand the reasoning behind the results.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Awwwwwwwww maaaaaaaaaaaan...Please don't tell me this was the final chapter of this fantastic series? Man, that's a fucking bummer. But at least it ended fantastically which I feel like is always a huge risk with yuri lol.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 4:58AM

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 04:47
joined Jul 8, 2013

Really...? Why...They're both so god damn stupid, frustrating, and annoying though...

You forgot about the kisses and the pushing down and overall lewdness. That's why they won.

Oh yeah...I forgot a lot of people read yuri for...other reasons lol. But, no, I HAVE to force myself to believe that this only happened because Girlfriends is old now and a lot of people don't remember it. I HAVE TO TELL MYSELF THAT TO GET TO SLEEP TONIGHT lol. To me this is basically the equivalent of Donald Trump winning the election because holy fuck. Except less racist lol.
EDIT: Now that I read the final chapter of The Real Her, I feel like a more modern pairing that is more deserving of this title would be Yuuka and Moe. Because they are just wonderful.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:00AM

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 04:37
joined Jul 8, 2013

Yuzu & Mei Win Best Pair Couple http://yurireviews.blogspot.de/2015/11/whos-best-yuri-pairing-yuri-tournament_22.html

Really...? Why...They're both so god damn stupid, frustrating, and annoying though...I mean I'm fucking ecstatic these two fucking idiots managed to speak actual words to each other and get together but that's only because if they had spent any more time being oblivious morons that make harem MCs look like Sherlock Holmes, I would have invented a machine that can insert me into fiction and beat the shit out of the two myself lol.

EDIT: THEY BEAT AKKO AND MARI!? WTF!? HAVE I STUMBLED INTO AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYBODY HASN'T BEEN INCREDIBLY ANNOYED WITH MEI AND YUZU FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES OR SOMETHING!? I don't like this strange, unfamiliar world...
In all seriousness though, I can only chalk this kind of outcome up to people not really remembering Girlfriends anymore since it was a pretty damn long time ago when it was relelvant, because this...I'm sorry but, imo, and I know a lot of people agree with me here, Mei and Yuzu are just aggravating idiots and this series, while filled to the brim with drama and suspense that keeps you coming back and FORCES YOU to root for them, isn't written very well and doesn't make any god damn sense half the time and lacks any sort of relatability with these characters because they don't have thought processes...well, they just don't have thought processes lol. It's fucking worse than a good chunk the soap operas and telenovelas that are on TV right (and I KNOW this because my grandmother LOVES them) lol. People read this series for the same reason they watch any Shonda Rhimes series.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:22AM

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 26 Dec 04:33
joined Jul 8, 2013

Holy fuck a chapter that isn't 100% filled to the brim with stupidity. I mean it's like 90% stupid BUT HEY I'LL SUPPORT THAT PROGRESS!

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

me as I was reading this new release
"Is this a repost?"
"This all feels really familiar..."
"If she goes to the garden and says its her favorite spot this is definitely a repost and I'll just stop reading again."
they kiss
"DEFINITELY not a repost."

YuriLoveFan
Love Steal discussion 26 Dec 04:23
joined Jul 8, 2013

What's with all of these one shot yuri series that don't really have endings and just kinda feel half done? I feel like its been more common than usual lately or is that just me?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT FROM THIS SERIES!? WHO DO I ROOT FOR!? DO I WANT HER TO BE CAUGHT!? I'VE NEVER BEEN SO CONFLICTED FROM A MANGA IN MY ENTIRE LIFE WTF!?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

OH THANK GOD THE WORRISOME PART IS OVER!

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I wish every chapter was like this lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Wao, that childhood friend character is the FUCKING WORST! Even by Takemiya Jin angst character standards. That's quite the feat. I'd be impressed if I didn't wish the character never existed to begin with lol.
My other reaction to this chapter is...WHY!? WHY CAN'T WE JUST LEAVE IT AT A HAPPY ENDING!? WHY MUST YOU ADD MORE AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ITS GOING TO GET SUPER FUCKING ANGSTY TO MAKE IT WORSE!? This is one of my favorite of Takemiya's series and now I'm terrified she's gonna ruin the ending for me lol.

last edited at Dec 24, 2015 2:37PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand THERE IT IS! Right there. Series just got ruined for me. Another one of those "I love you" both proceed to sleep with just about everybody series. Not a huge fan of those.

You can't have a H-manga story tank set in high school without a threesome/foursome/Xsome, you just don't do that.

A great fact for most people but a sad one for me lol.