Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...Ina at the end really, really confused me. (That was her, right?) I'm curious about No-rae's reactions there too.

What you mean at the end?

This is what I got from reading the pictures:
- Everyone was working hard
- Norae fell asleep in the inventory room
- Enah went out to get her a blanket, then came back only to find out Seola already let Norae sleep on her lap (so cute)
- Norae went with Enah to her place, and saw her huge picture in the wall (just like someone she knew ;) )
- Norae was surprised to see Enah came back without her neck cast
- They talked about something that related to Enah's fiance/relationship and made Norae reflect on Seola (?!)
- Enah dropped Norae home
- Norae saw Seola in the convenient store
- Seola was always happy to see Norae
- Norae blused so much at her realization that their feelings might be mutual (haha just my guess)

---> so it should be Seola at the end? Lol

Ah... So I was completely confused. So that was Ina in the sporty white-and-red outfit and Seol-a at the end. Well, the facial expressions by No-rae at the end are way less concerning in that case. ha-ha-ha-ha

Ugh. I mean, I thought "Seol-a" (who was actually Enah) looked a little off, but--man, why couldn't they have at least had different eye colors?! I guess I could've tracked the brown jacket. sighs

Anyway... I found Enah being that catalyst to No-rae and Seol-a growing closer being pretty obvious. Seol-a intended this working thing to be an opportunity for that, I didn't think Ssamba/life was going to thwart her hope completely. ;p I was worried that it could be the rolls-eyes cliché, someone older person who's experienced love giving one or the other of them sage advice, but I think Ssamba's handled it well. (I clearly have no clue what's going on in this chapter >. <, but I'm hoping that this has remained true.)

I like the idea of No-rae's "discovery" (awareness) better than a confession, actually, but I expect that'll come in some form too. I find this path more romantic. hehe

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 1:11PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Woaa, Norae finally realized Seola's feelings for her. I'm so exicted.

Side note: Enah removed her neck cast, made me so confused lol

OMG! Is that what happened?! I was wondering. I couldn't tell exactly whose those thoughts. I thought it might've been a shared stroll down memory lane.

I can't wait to know all of the words! It definitely looks like progress.

...Ina at the end really, really confused me. (That was her, right?) I'm curious about No-rae's reactions there too.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Sorry for being OOT, but how many of you watch Daeseneun Baekhab/Lily Fever?
it's korean, it's yuri(-ish) and sometimes releases in mid-week, filling the gap between chapters of FF lol

Caught up through seven yesterday. Eight today. ;p

I was also wondering about a similar question. ha-ha

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Mmmm... I like this chapter. So it looks like No-rae is making her feel nostalgic. Seems her significant other is not close by or something. I wonder if she's referencing her fiancé. It also seems she only starting to catch onto Seol-a's intentions (toward No-rae), and I'm thinking that might lead to her changing her behavior. Maybe.

P.S. No-rae is so stinking thoughtful...

P.P.S. How did I miss the end-of-chap art. That's adorable!!--So-rae might be a bit concerned about the physics of No-rae running at her with a fork that size. Still cute. heh (^ ^ ; )_

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

herpderp - http://pastebin.com/Y3gGGx9z

Honestly I've read as much translates stuff, then I read the pictures of the yet-untranslated manga up to chapter 38. Honestly long, drawn-out romance with tons of het interference irks me a ton. So can anyone convince me to keep up with this series?

FF is actually a yaoi series 0/10 would not recommend

Thank you, @halmoni !

clicks with enthusiasm

@katfemale Yep. Totally did not get the you liking it part out of what you posted. ha-ha-ha-ha

interesting definition. I like ff simply bc I can relate to events/characters. most events seem quite 'normal' :)

@jmv I'm with you. I think it's kind of like what @confused1203 said. I don't watch TV, but FF just brings a lot of detail to a perfectly normal aspect of many people's lives. There are some nice manga, even Yuri manga, that you could imagine tell a similar tale, but it's in the details where this sort of thing happening in each of our lives makes them different and special to us. We could "fill in the blanks" in a faster-paced story with our imaginations, but it's different to watch it (think touching movies...or just life).

I prefer reading novels (and even fanfiction) to watching movies and even reading manga because they tend to be more detailed when it comes to conveying the character's thoughts. But movies and anime have the advantage of all the high-bandwidth communication afforded by our other senses (e.g., body language). Movies often are weaker when it comes to conveying characters thoughts, a major part of the human experience (think of the internal monologue or hypothetical you're having as you experience things). Manga sits in a different spot that affords it richer delivery in ways that are somewhat unavailable to novels, movies, TV and animation, etc. That said, it's a ton of work to do well with the visuals and the words. An incredible amount of work.

Fluttering Feelings' release cadence is WEEKLY. How many other manga or mangwha are this long with consistent quality in this genre? And have a single story? (I just checked Sasameki Koto, which was the first to come to mind. 53 chapters. Then I guess Maria-sama...But, it's not one story. It establishes a setting and kind of tells the story about a place over time and interweaves lots of different characters' narratives.) Most of the good, longer, single-story manga that come to mind are action-oriented, which can rely more heavily on the drawing and visual side to offer gratification and progress to the audience. Telling one story in this much detail, I think, is always bold on part of the author. There's so much pressure from fans to speed things up (thinking about some of the longer fanfics I've read). Chance of burnout, etc. I'd never expect to have many manwha or manga like this. Takes too much energy.

I'm really grateful for Fluttering Feelings, and I'm putting my faith in Ssamba to avoid some of the perils of long, single-story manga. This Ina arc actually has me a bit on edge, but I'll be good after No-rae gives a visible sign that she's in this (romantically). C'mon No-rae... ಠ~ಠ

P.S. So this happened... ...It's been quiet some time since I've written so much on a subject not work related. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm going to go read Halmoni's translation now. Yeah... >_>_

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm frustrated just wanting to see them hang out. I loved watching them just hang out. FRUSTRATIONN!!

Now, that that's out of my system (temporarily)... I really am curious as to what Seol-a's boiling point will be. Reality is getting in the way of all the more romantic/idealistic plans. As life does. Ha-ha.

And it looks like we're about to be introduced to the serious side of Ina. She clearly took note of something in that brief interaction wherein No-rae initiates contact with Seol-a after noticing her.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Seol-A looks pretty with her hair like that (and definetely annoyed lol)

agreed (and agreed, ha-ha)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So on the topic of chapter 56... I really, really want to know what the characters are saying. I see so many changes of expressions in the characters faces and haven't a clue as to what the thoughts or words might be. Ina looks really nostalgic. Seol-a looks like she wants to whisk No-rae away as quickly as possible. I managed to keep track of Seol-a this time (after going back-and-forth a few times to determine that she'd released her hair from the bun >__>) but I'm guessing dude mixed them up.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I honestly think the reason people like long drawn out stories, is thier secretly an emotional masochists. We dont want a story were people always know thier going to be together and everthang happens easily and smoothly. We want to think "at least we dont have it as bad as them and thay made it."

I find the pacing of this story way more realistic than most manga or manwha I've read. I think the reason why most people don't care for long_er_ stories is because they're seeking instant gratification (or faster gratification). In other words, they want the climax sooner.

There's nothing wrong with people preferring more build up or people seeking the kiss ors ex or whatever after only a few chapters. Calling anyone a masochist for preferring a different story pace is a bit careless. I don't really know what to make of the rest of this comment.

I like this story because I find it more realistic, the characters more complex and relatable and it makes me feel a variety of different feelings. Why are you still reading it?

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 9:52AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

ch. 55 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/QzQw3ufz

Thank you, @halmoni, keeping this up through end of term. Much appreciated!

The "We can't just pick anyone. I mean, just look at how beautiful I am." reminded me so much of Seol-a. I wonder if they're related or if this placement wasn't so random (by her Oppa or even chosen by her Oppa).

...Was anyone else concerned that the yellow-shirt girl and the black turtleneck girl were more Seol-a look-a-likes? >. <

I'm also questioning the "injury". Ina might be the type of person to get "injured" in order to get more time for market research or step back and look at how things are going...

Hmmm... This was still an enjoyable chapter. (Maybe the text helped.) Looking forward to the next.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 10:05AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Somehow I got the idea that Enah models and that Seol-a is a standin for a while. But there wasn't any real confirmation of that. I took the photoshoot to be part of this job.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Could someone recommend a series to me ? [...]
Edit : Actualy, a movie, a webcomic, a comic or anything would be great... I'm bored... and lazy...

Movie: Jack & Diane
Webcomic: Idolon

The art is awesome.

Always Human. There is still not that much, but it is worth any second of your time <3

And this one is really cute.

Just caught up on both of these. Thanks for sharing!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm displeased with the situation. And I'm going to be immature about it. (I'm too much on Seol-a's side not to be.) I don't care how charming Enah is. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I wish Enah had a different face. Seriously.

sighs She's clearly interested in No-rae, but I can't tell the nature of her interest. (Maybe I should work on my illiteracy...) Let's see... Maybe Enah's going to play match-maker. Or maybe she had a past love that looked exactly like No-rae. ... >__<

I'm so upset right now. I'll give kudos for this series for making me upset later. When I'm over it... laughing at self

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

NO!! What the flip is going on?! No-rae is out eating with her. AREAGDSASDHAFDsakfl

URGG. I don't even know if we're going to have clarification next week. What the flip?! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@sandwichbread
So I read all of the older series. (I haven't looked up WDTFS yet. Saving it for last.)

Since this isn't related to FF...
* Huskey and Mendley - Just read this one. It's an interesting adaptation?? It certainly had a real feel to it. I had trouble following the messages--probably related to my having no experience with that means of communication. It seems to be lacking key aspects that make it a compelling narrative. (Like a book that's not quite a novel.) But, again, I think it was an interesting transformation from real posts?? to a manga.
* Moonlight Flowers - This was interesting... I'm definitely lacking cultural knowledge of the time to be able to fully appreciate the story. I'm familiar with the general Women's situation--though it's something I haven't read as much about as I'd like--but I was a bit surprised at how the characters reacted to rape. For me, generally, the stories that successfully incorporate traumatic experiences tend to be quite a bit longer. I think the most recent manga I've read that dealt with that in a manner I can appreciate is A Lollipop or a Bullet. The story was definitely a bit shallow, but I can understand why it had to be. 1980s. Not to mention, the narrative and story telling has matured, especially with respect to genres and written material meant for female audiences. I read this as a period piece. Not the most memorable manga, but worth reading if lacking other options on the subject for the time period. Thanks for pointing it out.
* Applause - I didn't care for either of these. Brudges was too shallow and formulaic. Clearly, another older piece. Again, I don't know quite what the situation was in terms of availability of manga in this genre at the time. That idyllic, Marimite style is not my thing. A San Francisco Story...I disagree with some of the views expressed by the author. And, again, not much story there.
* Píeta - This one hit a little to close to home... I could appreciate the character's struggles. They were well conveyed and treated with appropriate levels of seriousness. And the two leads being female mattered at points, but wasn't an important aspect of the story. But later on, the "evolved" thing. I was rolling my eyes (internally). That fantastical/mythical element was distracting and ultimately a major detractor for me. Even so, this one left the greatest impression.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Mmm... We did just have a lot No-rae backstory, but I sympathize. This does seem like normal No-rae, though. :?

Just re-read chapter 17. There's so much foreshadowing/referencing.

I'm wary of the upcoming chapters. We've seen Seol-a's jealousy evolve, but...I don't know. I guess I'm feeling similar to ieeheh, in that it seemed like Seol-a and "her future self" were the main characters; No-rae the prop. She's sooo easy going...haha. But, now that we have the sauna scene we know No-rae can be less than innocent toward Seol-a now. Heh. Maybe we'll get a reaction out of No-rae if Seol-a ends up modeling.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Seol-a was so ticked. That was awesome!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I was hesitant to translate WDFS at first since I thought it was gonna go down that route too (sexy girls with huge cow tits having orgies in every chapter untz untz), but the story does get more complex as the chapters progress. And have you heard of our lord and savior Sungji? Although WDFS does contain the whole promiscuous cougar lesbian theme, it also has stories of first love, broken relationships, unrequited love, etc. The first chapter is a really poor representation of the story development that happens in later chapters.

Ah, k. I got a hint of this in some comments in baka-updates. I will give it another try. I'll scan the thread to find out how to read it now.

Ch. 54 eng - http://pastebin.com/1bPSdC5s

I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TIME TO CHECK CUZ FINALS BUT HOLY SHIT WHAT A LONG ASS CHAPTER

How in the world...during finals. Thanks... Doubly thanks.

And it did look long. (I haven't read it yet.) I just finished my part in working an incident, staring hard at a bunch of screen for two-hours straight; so my eyes need to chill now. All I wanted was to see if the text had been uploaded, and it has. So thank you, thank you!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Wow, ha-ha. I thought this chapter was funny (what I could understand of it), but who'd a thought it would inspire humor in this direction. The "same face" is getting it's own fandom. shakes head

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It's out.

Chapter 54
http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/58

@anonymous Thanks for posting! (and thanks to all the other commenters who pushed my post down so I could see that "the event had happened > .<)

So Seol-a and No-rae now work for... Seol-a.

Got it.

... wat

Was so confused about this comment (as I was reading backwards to @anonymous's post)--and then I laughed OUT LOUD. That was friggin' hilarious (since I'd read this).

I want to know what Seol-a's (HUH)"?" face was about. Her reactions were cracking me up. Can't wait for the text for this.

Thank you Ssamba, so much... (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@sandwichbread

I feel you, both with Octave and with Manga no Tsukurikata, the latter just somehow manage to throw all it had going out of the window.
(Have you read the other titles I mentioned in the previous posts? You might like stories like Lilly Love and Moonlight Flowers. MF has a mature plot, though maybe a tad shallowish, but this is more due to the fact that it is quite old, and that the story was produced in an era where yuri was even less popular, and men are more dominantly ruling the scepter. The plot has the typical dark trophs, but at least it delves into some yuri issues of that era.
Prism, I was halfway through reading it, till I noticed the hiatus, so I abandoned ship (before it's too late).

Though none can beat FF when it comes to the flutters.

• Marimite - ...I'm guessing this is a nick for Maria-sama... I think I started looking for Yuri anime before I tried to find any manga in that genre, so I saw the anime first. ...and then I read tons of fanfiction around it. I actually just started going through Dynasty's releases from front to back (starting at page 500-something)--not reading them all--and when I got to Marimite ;) it was just so...different. I don't think I could read it. And it's looonggg. And quaint. The art would have to be really, really my style for me to read a manga that has no developments of any kind for long spells. Nabi and Vagabond...but they're journey stories. There are scenes and the background's changing. Nope. Can't think of anything.
  • Pìeta - I totally remember skipping over this one because the art did not look my style, but after scanning a few pages further just now, I think I'll take a look.
  • Moonlight Flowers - This art looks a bit older, but the shading is different (from other things I've read), so I'll add that to my reading list as well. The background you've provided is enough for me to read this one (in addition to it's being short ;p).
  • Applause looks old, but short. I could read that.
  • Huskey and Mendley - Not my usual style, but I'll add this too.
  • Lily Love - erm... The art is...nice. I prefer looking at the colored Author art, but there isn't much of a plot there to me. The characters are simple. It's very run-of-the-mill to me. I was afraid of the sensuality being oversold as more of the author's art was posted after the first couple of chapters, and my expectations were met a couple chapters ago. The latest thing with the ex.. >.<. That pretty stuck the knife in it for me. Cute (less-attractive-than-love-interest), naive lead protagonist. Conniving ex. omg...--I can't. Even without those things. It's too fast. A "plot" for convenience.
  • WDTFS - I really do like the art. It's right up my alley, but I am sooo tired of the promiscuity theme with adult, lesbian stories. I've only read the first two chapters or whatever was posted on Dynasty, and I'm not really trying to read anything more.
  • Nishi Uko - Like 'em all. Some a lot, but they're always treats (at worst ;)). The art is not pretty (to me), but it's different (and "nice" enough). The characters and interactions, I love. And she has mature, adult characters in mature, adult situations. Much appreciation.

A point on Fluttering Feeling's art: For me--I love reading books, novels, fanfiction, lots of text. If I'm going to be bothered to have pictures (games, manga, movies), I want them to be visually stimulating. And there has to be a change in style to stay interesting. Ssamba does that. (Takemiya Jin, not so much. >.< So pretty too...) Although I find a couple of the images from Lily Love sensual, sensual "all the time" starts to feel cheesy or unpalatable.--Back to FF, take chapter 53 (of FF) for example, even the bubble blushes with Seol-a's face. That's what I want. That's something you can't really do with other art forms. I love it when artists take advantage of all the available material to add to effect (like great writers breaking up sentences to match the emotional tone of the chapter, dialogue, thoughts, etc.)

I think Ssamba has great pauses. (I'm just reading the Dynasty post of 17 now and seeing all the things I love about Fluttering Feeling's art.) She lets us soak in the scene (before the effect washed away with dialogue or something). Part of what helps with the emotional strength the transitions. She's so good about pan and zoom. A background with indistinguishable characters. Then a bit closer so you can see body tone. Then dialogue. And then more specific to the emotional delivery strength, we see a character looking (at someone) before we see the person of focus. For me, she gives just enough to set the context before focusing in on the characters faces, interactions, etc., which could take place anywhere if we weren't shown that they were at a party, in the cafeteria, etc. in previous panels. (Nabi is weaker on this point and loses people this way.) Think all the times we're shown Seol-a, see her stop and/or stare (or do a double take ;)), and then she shows us where No-rae, which translates to how Seol-a is look at No-rae. It's sooo consistent to me.

And I find few wasted shots (shots without a focus) within chapters; they're packed full with everything she wants to show us. The same face part may seem lazy, but, generally, I think her chapters are denser with effort overall (relative to other things I've read). And these are weekly releases. It could certainly only help if her characters were more distinguishable, and I think they be a bit more, but I pretty much don't care about that aspect (beyond wishing Seol-a was the only one with Seol-a's face >__>).

I remember being sold on the few pages (looking at Dynasty's scans) of the first chapter because I saw all of those things. I wasimpressed by how she simplified the drawing style to show the characts feeling lighthearted, walking side-by-side versus the (standard?? drawing) start versus the careless-looking?? style when No-rae's sitting chatting with her friend (feeling care free). And the distinguished styles aren't over used, so they continue to have an effect as she switches. I saw not the prettiest Manwha I would read, but I saw an instant connection between the main characters and artistry that really, really appealed to me. Ssamba delivered!

whew... ( &looking at preview& A point. Yeah. Talk about carried away... >__>)

P.S. I was hoping @halomini's translation was going to at least hint at why there's no chappie this week. I don't mind so much (so long as Ssamba _is in good health) because a once-a-week cadence for this duration for a yuri shoujo is setting a precedent, if my mind isn't completely failing me._

P.P.S. @sandwichbread because the style of Applause (brudges) reminded me of Skip Beat, after taking a glance at it Baka-Updates I now feel compelled to catch up on it...talk about a slow developing manga. Sheesh...I know I'm going to end up questioning my sanity (again) as I work my way through the most recent 20 or so chapters.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 5:43PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@anonymous Thanks for sharing that art. I love it. Yeah, there's the same face thing, but I think she's also just a fan of her story and her story's fandom. ha-ha. I love the "extra" art. ^. ^

@sandwichbread I feel similarly, although, for me, the existing list is even shorter. For me, Girl Friends was a bit of a landmark. It's cute, and at least when it was first written there weren't so many copies. (It seemed like too many series had a long-haired blond paired up with a short-hard black-haired girl after that. Sometimes with swapped personalities. :?) The sequel and/or pseudo-sequel are solid too. It's a yuri romance story (as are the follow-on stories).

Next for me was that one kinda depressing slow one--_**Octave**_. Yeah. I loved the older character, but the other protagonist ruined it for me pretty early. I can handle dark, depressing and slow, but not ...characters like that. It's definitely mature. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but I think it's a good manga. The narrative is not all that original but the delivery is well done. Again, overt yuri, but adult yuri romance (with an art style that I don't find displeasing).

Manga no Tsukirikata caught my attention with the off-the-beaten-path art style and character attitudes, but it stalled hard, as if the author lost interest or something...and then after reading some more recent comments on it, I've dropped looking for updates about it and no longer wondering why they stopped. It had potential?? I think the Yuri is overt but almost no contact between the couple. My memory is a bit blurry on this on the romance (or lack thereof) part of this one. (== _== ) I coulda skipped it.

The next one to really capture me (after Girlfriends) was Prism. I'm don't think I've ever been more disappointed to see a manga go on Hiatus. The protagonists are around the age of the protagonists of Girl Friends, but the personalities of the leads are...balanced?? It was refreshing. The first chapter--let's call it the intro--only stopped me from reading it, it was so contrived, but once I read past that I was rewarded (ignoring the hiatus >.<). Overt yuri. Good stuff. Ha-ha. I'd recommend reading just the chapters that are available, if they're still available. :?

Now that we've ushered in the era of_Fluttering Feelings_, my favorite yuri manga/manwha/Chinese webcomic are Girlfriends, Prism, Their Story and Fluttering Feelings.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 1:21PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of Chapter 53!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Chapter 53 rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/flqrS

Enjoy!

Minor side note:
It takes a little while for the link to the chapter to show up on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page. For now, please use the direct link to the chapter above.

Thank you for combining the English and the images!!

OMG. The ending... ha-ha. Seol-a was sooo losing her composure, and I don't know how innocent No-rae's move was. (I'd would have read into it less pre-flashback.) I will not get over that one for a while yet. Maybe I can hold onto that 'til next Sunday.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So many word/thoughts from No-rae. Thirst QUENCHED.

Seol-a's reaction was so...*blush*

I can't wait to see them hang out together (more). They have so much chemistry, and they're getting more comfortable with one another. ...I also want Seol-a to get back to her pre-flashback plan; "the" confession. I was laughing at how "fitting" (read: contradictory) Seol-a's commentary was as No-rae was coming back to the present. And now I'm thinking: Follow through, Girl. Follow through. : |

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ch. 53 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/nnZhfwXc

HALMONI. Thank YOU!!

(I've been waiting--clicking refresh periodically. ^ .^)