Forum › Posts by Nevri

Nevri Uploader
Bridesmaid discussion 06 Jun 14:45
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Just for interesting fact. This story is based on true story (no, it's not Ratana herself).

Life doesn't make sense in many kind of situation, including this one ;)

Wow. I didn't think someone as cruel as Elle actually existed =.=

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I am a bit confused. Was Yuri actually cheating or was it just some societal pressure thing where she forced herself with a guy so they could be "normal"? That's not much better, but the whole situation with Yuri getting married wasn't explained at all, is it possible she wasn't even with a guy and it was just a messed up way to give up on Nanako?

I always understand it like that. Yuri got call from her mother, complaining about her not getting married. Later on, or even before she called, she probably already organized this whole marriage for Yuri. Yuri came home and maybe even really spend time with this potential husband. She loved Nanako, but as adult, she understood that same sex relationship is not welcomed and marring into stable household is the reasonable thing to do. So she gave up into the pressure and decided to break up with the Nanako. Half what she told her was true, but half were just lies, so Nanako will give up. Saying she wants to marriage was the biggest one. Then after going through with that, she couldn't stop thinking about Nanako and in the end realized that there is no way, she will be happy by doing this, so she rushed to Nanako's house first thing in the morning, to take it all back. Since Nanako was out all night, there was no one in apartment (remember that Yuri gave away her key to Nanako) so she just sat her crying and waiting for Nanako, hoping it isn't too late for them.

That is why I never got angry at Yuri's actions and was actually happy how it turned out. This whole drama was all because of social pressure bullshit, but since Yuri ultimately decided to screw it, it was a perfect happy ending.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 7:31PM

Nevri Uploader
Bridesmaid discussion 05 Jun 13:48
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I didn't expect comment section to blow up like that o.o I should have commented when there was just 11 comments, but anyway...

I agree with people complaining. This story could be very well written if one of two things would happen:

A) Elle noticed that Fleur was alone and feeling down. After she has confronted her. Fleur snapped, confessing her love to Elle. Elle is surprised by it, because she didn't notice her feelings, and heartwarmingly consoled her, reassuring that she is happy by her confession, but she just don't see her that way (and she just got married). Fleur can now get over her, search for new love, while still staying best friends with Elle.

B) Elle noticed that Fleur was alone and feeling down. After she has confronted her. Fleur snapped, confessing her love to Elle. Elle is shocked, because it turned out that she is in love with Fleur too, but because of same reasons as Fleur's, she hide her feeling, assuming they would never be returned. Now they are both crying and are devastated, because its too late now.

While I was reading, I expected either of those 2 outcomes. What I got was:

"Elle: You know what? I KNEW you love me, but decided to ignore it, because it's not acknowledged by most people, so now that I'm ALREADY married, I'll say that I WANT to be with you and I'll WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER, because I married random guy only for my family and I'm totally ok with it. Don't worry, you will find some guy to marry too" (she didn't say guy, but since they both hidden their feelings because they knew girl x girl is not going to work, it felt as she meant it that way)

Huh? Sorry, but how this is NOT cruel? People already mentioned that talking it over before or after the wedding was a way better choice. Even when she says things like "I knew you love me", "I want to be with you too", "I will always love you in my heart", she is way too calm. It's as if she planned this talk ages ago. There is just not enough signs of her going through any major drama. And what exactly does she expect to achieve by such confession? Does she expect Fleur to still be her best friend, while they BOTH act like this cheating thing just after marriage didn't happen? Hell, if she will always love Fleur and married just for family, I can see them starting a romance sooner or later. Elle just comes as heartless, by easily sealing away her mutual love and telling Fleur to go find someone else. I honestly don't get why Fleur didn't go mad at Elle at all.

I do prefer fluffy/happy ending yuri, but I don't mind drama or angst if it's done well. I get that whole idea of "it won't work because we are both girls" and will I don't usually enjoy this kind of stories, I understand why there is so many. Because this is still how most of time things turn out. What I didn't like in this particular manga wasn't the premise, as I explained above, but execution of ending. You could end it on bitter-sweet note or plain drama, but because of way Elle acts, it came out as "WTF, I'm not sure how should I feel" note.

For all you there, heartbroken by this story or just enraged, the manga that does similar thing, but imo better:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/instinct_and_a_chromosome#1

last edited at Jun 5, 2015 2:02PM