Forum › Posts by ffins07

ffins07
Prism discussion 24 Jan 22:36
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

HopeFromYuri posted:

Such a shame it got cancelled... It was my very first yuri manga. I loved every page of it, i stil do. Such a big, big, big shame. I would kill to see more of this ;A; by the way, this artstyle is great too!

You totally need to read his other manga then. It is called Stretch

...I can't believe I missed the relation. Loved Prism. I see the similarity in the art now.

I was lukewarm about Stretch. Not a huge slice of life fan, but this may at least get me reading it on another whim.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Could've copied this out of my head "...And it still felt like they were in a relationship. It was obvious from the atmosphere around them."

Wow, this stinks...

--The ending. That was... I feel like if that super depressing moment hadn't happened earlier, that would've been cute. But it did. So this whole thing is just really depressing.

Good job, Ssamba. :'(

Omg. This is so real and terrible feeling. I'm going to have to put this away until next chap. So long. o7 ...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@halomini

wtf I had so much fun reading this chapter drama llama and salty tears mmm - http://pastebin.com/Pa9uLgaq

idk I'm a sucker for Ssamba's inner monologues like dayum hit me right in the feels
seol-a was crying because she didn't get enough guac in her burrito rly sad I know

Words!!! Thank you!!

P.S. I was going to look into the post-linking script thing, but words and NFL so... maybe later.

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 5:29PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I need words. ...Ggah! And I already need the next chapter too. sighs

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@eriri

if you ask me (yes no one did ^^) i've been following the manga "Skip Beat" for ten years now and there's still no confession between the two main characters ahah so for me FF has a quite "real" and nice pace to me :)

sorry i'm new here and just wanted to say that without anyone caring much :p !

Can't wait to have the next chapter out :)

Welcome!

I haven't done anything since I opened Skip Beat chapter...208 in a tab a month or so ago. We'll see. I seriously need to close some of these tabs. :/

Anyway, you are seriously dedicated. o7

@anonymous: Thank you for posting the Comico update. Looking forward to re-"reading". I really like the scroll view (as compared to paging) actually.

last edited at Jan 21, 2016 9:08AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

On the contrary, in my opinion, while LL is relatively average, it's better written than FF, because the cliches/tropes are used in a better way. And because LL tells the characters' journey in their relationship and do not dwell on their angst before the relationship actualyl starts. The pace is faster, but the author keeps it interesting while avoiding the hand-wrigging of angsty characters.

What I'm getting is that you don't care for angst. Or drama, too much of it. And you don't mind lots of tropes, so long as...they are "used in a better way"... Well, the pace would be faster if it doesn't put much into building up the background of its characters. People's lives are messy, generally. Ha-ha.

So, to go back to FF :

• Pace is too slow for the projected length. Meaning the part where they will be in an actual relationship (if ever) is going to be really short, or an ellipse (and they lived happily ever after...)

If you don't consider this side of things a relationship, okay. So I disagree, but understand. Anticipating such disappointment isn't a motivator to read.

• Tropes/Cliches are used to slow down the pace and create unnecessary drama and angst. Plus, they are used multiple times. Ex-boyfriend-cockblocker, Twice. Accident? Thrice. Overheard conversation? Thrice. Third-party nodding knowlingly at their relationship? Twice (Ji-hwan and Enah).

Ha-ha. I guess if you already find the pacing frustrating, generally, the interrupted confession in the like were events for cursing.

Overheard conversation...?--Oh. I was trying to figure out how that was slowing things down. When a character overheard something and lost confidence. k

Ji-hwan was too perfect to me, period. So fine. But his character was supposed to be pretty intuitive. Plus, he loved No-rae. People in love with someone tend to notice more (if they're not just oblivious or whatever). With Enah, she's 1) older 2) similar to one of the people in the relationship 3) their feelings are further along (whether or not you acknowledge them) and not so hidden to someone looking at them with interested but open mind and 4) No-rae reminds her of her partner. In other words, I don't think it's odd at all that she figured something out; however, I did call out that "wise advice" giver trop when that arc started. I don't see how it slows things down though. Seems like you should've been cheering Enah. ha-ha. But trope, yeah.

• The trailing thoughts at the end of some chapters makes you think that the characters grew. But next arc, they don't act or say anything to show it. The arc with Enah was totally unnecessary in my opinion. Just a new character dropping a few words of wisdom. It could have been some friend here from the beginning. Someone you know the characters trust But no : perfect stranger butts in and bam, the characters have some sort of epiphany. Or not, since they don't say anything.

What friend? ...Okay, seriously. I'm pretty sure that the first person that figures out someone is gay varies by person, and if you don't assume a girl is a lesbian or bisexual or whatever, it's very possible it'll never cross your mind. I have no clue if this is even a thing in Fluttering Feelings, actually, but it is possible. And sometimes perfect strangers are the catalyst, especially for people going through their sexual orientation awareness development--or, for anyone really. But given that both of these girls don't have many close friends around...

Even with that, I think this last chapter was "nothing new", and then I definitely recall feeling disappointed at the lack of progress with No-rae at times. Multiple times. I can imagine that Seol-a could have succeeded in confessing and then we'd be...somewhere else. Not in this second part of the Enah arc, for sure. >__> But I enjoyed getting to know No-rae better (which happened in scenes following Sung-pyo's temporary arrival). And glad she didn't take that particular stroll down memory lane post-romantic relationship start.

• Non-existent side characters. I can't recall for the life of me the name of the younger guy No-rae-like who was hitting on Seol-a. Or the name of No-rae's brother. Or of any of their friends for that matter. The only ones I can cite are Ji-hwan because he stayed a while around before disappearing completely after being rejected and Sung-pyo/Enah because they just appeared. I doubt any casual reader remembers anyone beside Seol-a, No-rae and the current characters hovering around them.

I can remember them but wasn't looking for them and don't care. ha-ha. Again, what friends? Seol-a doesn't have them, kinda. We've met three of No-rae's. No-rae doesn't get close to many people. And there's family. Romance stories tend to focus on the two in the relationship. If there's some other major character around they are often either: the third part of the triangle, the "wise" friend or family member, childhood friend, or the third part of the non-triangle/third wheel. Ugh. I can't stand love triangles.

What does the presence of a side character have to do with good or bad story telling? If it's a feature you enjoy in a story, fine. But the presence of side character doesn't, in isolation, add narrative value.

What I like, because I'm accused of being overly negative :

• The funny moments and the expressions of the characters. In these moments, they are really cute.

• A few emotional moments, like when Seol-a hugs No-rae after the bus accident.

• No-rae and Seol-a's personalities. They are both distinctive and likable in their own right.

All in all, I think Ssamba had really good characters but her storytelling skills didn't do them justice.

Thank you for sharing, all of this, really. I think I better understand where you were coming from with your previous complaints. I was curious as to why you reading it with so many grumpy posts. Ha-ha.

I think a number of the things you've said indicate that you just don't care for this type of story, style-wise. You just don't like those aspects. That's fair, but presenting them as writing critiques is a bit...shaky? Still, you've definitely pointed out some opportunities for improvement. Whether or not a "real critic" (talk about a subjective task) would mark FF down for some of those things, they're a real impact on your reading experience, so 's'cool.

To me, the current arc is the weakest thus far, from a narrative standpoint, and I think it's unfortunate that we're reading it in the latter half. Hopefully, Ssamba tightens things up going forward. I think a confession or some other event that clearly transitions them into having a romantic relationship would appease most of us, but I want the writing to be strong too.

Anyway, thanks again, @Nya-chan, for sharing.

last edited at Jan 20, 2016 11:10AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Wow. So many awesome Comments. I apologize ahead of time, but I'm going to just name folks and respond. There'd be too many embedded quotes. :?

@offgray: Thank you for posting. I enjoyed all the 10 million parentheticals, ha-ha.

@Thiaguinho-sama: Fair enough. As for the script, I have a programming background, and I'm a bit paranoid. I do intend to check it out. ha-ha

@Nya-chan

ffins07

How is the amount staggering? Can you point out another Shoujo manga of similar length with fewer tropes?

The length is irrelevant. I can point a shorter "manga" with maybe as many cliches, but a whole lot better written. That is Lily Love. The cliches are obvious, but the story flows naturally.

Does it flow naturally, or does it flow quickly? To me it flows similarly to me any other manga, but the pacing isn't realistic. Maybe it's closer to reality for what happens in college, but that certainly wasn't my college experience. Could you be a bit more specific about what is better?

A shorter manga I think is pretty well written is A Lollipop or a Bullet--but not that's not a romantic relationship. Prism has a faster pace, and I think the quality of the story there is pretty good. However, I think it's harder too be good when you're being more detailed about the development of a relationship. In a fast-paced story you fill in the gaps with whatever you want or you ignore the details and look to the next source of gratification. I don't think that's fair comparison. In other words, lots of things look "bad" in HD if you've never previously looked closely.

As I have stated numerous times, it's not the tropes or the cliches themselves that I dislike. It's the way they are brought in FF, in a seemlingly endless succession of "let's see what I could put in there that would give the characters a dramatic background..."

Hmmm... Okay. The unnecessary setup dramatic thing bothers me too. I don't think that there have been a lot of them, but they've been significant. Boyfriend reappearance (x2), accident, bullying--but the bullying thing I think is okay. That is a common in reality. I still don't see how this makes FF worse than the shorter manga because they're using them in that way too.

You earlier said that your expectations were failed. I can see that the occasions on which these plot devices were used would stick more if you were expecting better. I didn't start out with such expectations, so...

For Seol-a, it's the drama of traffic accidents and death/betrayal of her girl friend. For No-rae it's the drama of her ex-boyfriend being injured and totally immature about their relationship.

And then... the past comes to haunt them, blah blah blah...

Er. I think this is another thing that falls into the "reality" bucket. People carry baggage. It's a real thing. If you aren't or don't know someone who is, live a little longer. And people try to resolve things before getting into relationships with people.

The traffic accident...that was unnecessary. If the boyfriend hadn't taken part in "interrupting the confession", I think that arc would have been fine too. No-rae had a boyfriend. That's not an unusual occurrence for females her age, regardless of sexual orientation. Add cultural context, and, yeah. As for No-rae being immature, I found the immature responses just wholly consistent, given her personality (and his personality) and stage of life.

Meanwhile, the readers are left wondering when the fucking romance between the two characters is going to even start.

Some readers, for sure. Other people have dropped in to complain about the "slow" progression. Other readers are quite pleased with the pace of things.

Hey you love each other it seems. And this is crazy, but you should just confess! Or, you know, drop hints?

As takachi and ieeheh said, people are different. There are people who don't do that. Some of them are reading this. You sound more confident about this than most people--females--with whom I've interacted.

How common is it for people to just confess? Especially girls? In Korea? In any country? Logically, yeah, seems like a thing to do, but when are (most) people in love (or in like) rational? Then there's the obvious liking-a-girl hanging in the back of their heads. That is still a thing for the vast majority of people.

I mean, the ex boyfriend disappared for a whole arc (weeks in story time?). WHY DIDN'T SEOL-A RESUME HER CONFESSION? Why would she care about an ex? All the more reason to confess. The readers are left to guess, hence the walls of text here full of guesswork and awe about "microexpressions". Nothing is exposed or explained. Fans clutch at straws in order to interpret what the hell these characters are thinking.

I second guess myself all the time when interrupted, and I'm not even talking about confessions or something that I spent months working up the courage to do. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

If you're already naturally more confident as less patient. Maybe the characters are just very different from you and you're not understanding them. I don't find them hard to understand at all. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

K-drama are well known for being tear-jerkers, with tragic setbacks (traffic accidents!) and lots of unfair shit happening to the characters. The audience must sympathize and root for the courageous protagonist. See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SoYouWantTo/WriteAKoreanDrama for examples.

click This is looking hilarious. Thank you for the link. Will read.

Relationship? What relationship? They are friends. They have been for 60 chapters. 40 chapters or so to go.

I hope Ssamba gets to the juicy part fast, because time is running out. Unless she lied and makes 200 chapters after all.

We clearly have different expectations of relationships, ha-ha. I understand some (or lots of) people looking for more instant gratification in what they're reading. (That's a reason why many people don't read, at least in the US.) I am just not in that camp.

Lily Love... That thing has tropes from chapter one. The cover. Before I even read it. Tall, good-looking blonde. Brown-haired, average-looking girl. Naive. Semi-mysterious. Possessive ex-girlfriend. More experienced girl tempted to touch her love interest. Omg. The art is different, I'll give it that, but a little change up (from sexy) would be nice? To me, the author is emphasizing the visual appeal more than...anything. That is not a manga I'd consider in the well-written discussion. From a critical standpoint, it's just average, to me. The drawing style, pacing and development all point toward obvious gratification. This is the part I just find off-putting. If it were a one-shot, I wouldn't even care enough to thinking of it as off-putting.

I'm just going to stop this here cause this is an FF thread, and...I'm not going to be more constructive.

@takachi and @ieeheh: This series has hit close to home for me. Feelings, experiences, etc. I absolutely love the intimate nature of the story telling.

In most other romance stories, manga, manwha I never know the characters well enough to relate. There are so many commonalities in human experience--take any two people living in developed countries, seriously--if you know someone else well enough, there will be many things to which you can relate. I'm not saying everything, just many things. We eat. We sleep. We feel. The way we react to things differ. Our experiences differ.

Here, for me, for example, No-rae's character is familiar to me. And Seol-a position with respect to No-rae is familiar to me. I don't feel similar to Seol-a, personality-wise, but I've been in her place liking a No-rae-like person before. That I can be so specific in how I'm relating to the characters and situation is something that FF affords that many other manga and manwha don't. The main characters and their relationship is full enough that not everything has to fit. Only aspects have to be familiar. And that's how it is with how we relate to most things in life. I'm not exactly like anyone else on this forum, but I've shared experiences or share personality traits with some.

I rarely feel like I relate to characters in manga, manwha, books, whatever, so that I can relate to parts of FF makes it very special to me. Doesn't matter how many people like it or read it or whatever. And the story here is vivid such that I can feel empathy or compassion for parts of the story that I can't put in the context in my own life.

In a way, I'm more experiencing Fluttering Feelings and not reading it to be entertained. I tend to want to be immersed in a story. Not just drop-in and be entertained for a few minutes. That's my preference.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama

Haha, it's not like my memory is good enough to remember much about the thread past so I probably exaggerated a little ffins07, but if you and others get my point that's good enough, I don't really have anything good or bad to say about it, for me it doesn't matter if it have too many cliches or coincidences as long as they're not too poorly made or forced, the only parts that were really bad are the ex-bf with perfect timing to stop Seol-a confession and now him showing up again in the resort to get in their way, but besides that even if it have too many cliches or coincidences they're still on a point that is believable, so either way I enjoy it without any problems.

It seemed to me that your main intention was to point out that the jumping on Nya-chan was not justified. The first terrible spat (way before I'd joined) was actually the thing that first thing that really had me considering joining. It seemed to me quite unfair and a lost opportunity for more diverse discussion.--That was then. Since then, there have been quite a few more critiques about various aspects of the story. (The "same face" thing has been a running joke, for example.)

It's one thing to comment on the story. It's another thing to complain about the majority opinion about the story. Referencing things other people have said about the story, I'm not surprised there was backlash.

I think both sides are kind of wrong on how they're seeing FF, it's okay to criticize, but if you get to the point to overanalyze and only care about the flaws then you just won't enjoy pretty much nothing, as for the other side, it's okay to like FF as it's definitely a good serie, but we just can't act as if the serie doesn't have any flaws, I think people are taking it too seriously and should just chill out a little.

I don't think either side is wrong. I think it's fine to love and laud this series. Just because someone praises it often, doesn't mean that they're implying it's perfect. I don't know how people jump to that sort of conclusion. (That's not true. I'm not surprised at all, but I wish people did this less often.)

Complaining about the story should be fine too. It's a forum. We're people. The posts are full of opinions. They vary. That's the best mix, IMO. So long as back-and-forth doesn't devolve into name-calling, bullying etc., why "just chill out a little"? What's wrong with people celebrating releases of manga and manwha they really like? ha-ha.

Finally, since this is a place to discuss, it should be OK to disagree with others too. There's going to be a majority opinion. I don't care for Taylor Swift's music, but her music is super popular. That's just life.

As for linking to specific posts ffins07, I'm using Alice Chesire userscript, with it when you quote someone it creates a link to said post, but only to the person who made the post, so if they quoted someone else those quotes won't have link to the person they quoted, it have other useful functions too, shame not many people uses it.

Thank you. I need to read more or look at the script because I don't quite get the date format. I'll figure it out. I'll have to take a peek at someone else's, if I can. I'm fine with the markdown.

Nya-chan

Oh my. I wake up to find a whole bunch of posts about me. Thank you T-sama and Nevri for defending me, but I can speak for myself.

I stand by my opinion that FF is badly written. I already explained why. The amount of shoujo tropes and k-drama tropes is staggering. I expect the arranged marriage, the "going to work abroad", the mother/father/brother of either one dying, a violent ex of Seol-a showing up... whatever.

How is the amount staggering? Can you point out another Shoujo manga of similar length with fewer tropes?

I'm not familiar with k-drama, so I am missing references from that genre. I don't recall you enumerating more than 10. I've read more than that in many manga, and many that are much shorter than this one.

Ha-ha. If all of those expectations fail to be met, your opinion would be the same, right?

For what it's worth, it may even finish open ended, like Stretch, with an unspoken love. There's not enough chapters left to build a relationship, or it will be rushed.

Unless she makes a season 2.

Are you talking about Stretch, the roommates manga? (I seriously can't tell.) If you are talking about the roommates manga...I didn't even think it was a romance. How is the comparable?

Anyway, they already have a relationship, so I don't think it has to be rushed. One of them just needs to say something--to the other half of the relationship. Still, I would like to see a season 2.

Nya-chan

And colds? It's a commonly used trope where one of the character is vulnerable and the other one show their "kindness" by nursing them back to health. Cooking gruel or peeling apples. It's a staple of shoujos. As well as getting drunk and being vulnerable. Again.

Agreed. And it's common in other written mediums: novels, fanfiction, you name it. It's an opportunity used even in things not labeled "angst".

"As well as getting drunk and being vulnerable. Again." <-- ha-ha-ha. Yes.

FYI: I'm trying to engage in discussion about what Nya-chan's reading, as I would anyone else. You could call it arguing too. Don't mind. I'm happy to talk about the plusses and minuses because I think FF is worth discussing. I'll ignore offensive things, but I don't see a reason to treat anyone willing to join in discussions actually about FF as a pariah or something. If this doesn't go anywhere, I'll stop. Or maybe, Nya-chan won't respond. Either way. :?

P.S. Much respect for Taylor Swift. Just not my cup a tea when it comes to listening to music.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Thiaguinho-sama I disagree with various aspects of your recount of the thread's past, but if you have something less than positive to say about the series feel free. @Nyachan's last comment was laced with sarcasm. I didn't read anything to which to reply.

I joined this forum to discuss this series. If someone wants to start a constructive conversation something, share away. Pointing out that there are clichés isn't much of a conversation starter. This cliché this past chap was pretty obvious, imo. :?

This is kinda old, but I did attempt to reply to you, @nyachan, a while back. I deleted, per request, so here it is:

-  FF is real slow. We’re at half of the story and neither of the characters have confessed. Hell, we’re not even sure what kind of relationship they want. I can’t even picture them having sex!

Well, "slow" is relative. Stepping back, I guess I'd call it slow story, but I'm reading it for the characters. And my preferred stories I'm reading with really detailed character development are all similarly slow. I think it's a lack of progression in notable events you can point at, such as: "they kissed", "they graduated", ... Or, maybe another way is to describe it as time not moving. They're still in the same place, etc. But I think of it as a tradeoff. And, personally, I kinda prefer more detailed, subtle character development than lots of movement in physical space or time.

Take Their Story, for example: One of the characters is quite bold and seemingly more secure in herself (as compared to No-rae and Seol-a), and so I'm totally OK with the pace at which their development has progressed. (I also thinking of that story as way more action oriented.) With Fluttering Feelings, in contrast, the leads are way more insecure, way less confident and way less blunt. They're generally "good" but not perfect, and they're imperfections aren't presented in a stereotypical manner (e.g., fitting under a label like "yandere" or something). I also think most people (especially females) are closer to No-rae and Seol-a in their confidence, anxieties and insecurities than the less feminine lead of Their Story.

-  Except Seol-a and No-rae, none of the characters have any depth or presence.

-  The various oppas or guys in the story are all forgettable and don’t have any meaningful interactions with the two main.

-  Except maybe Ji-hwan (?) who had a crush on No-rae, but he’s out of the picture now because he was rejected and gave-up.

-  The female friends are even worse. They are used just as a way to get a glimpse of the two MCs past, they have no real personality whatsoever. They pop up randomly in order to make some exposition.

Mmm... It does feel to me like most of the side characters are there for one or the other of them to run into in order to learn more about the other or for the audience to learn more about the leads. But, again, I don't mind. I'm most interested in Seol-a and No-rae. I think Ji-hwan still falls into this categorization. :? I guess he's still around as a friend, but I don't think it matters, really.

I find a lot of focus on many side characters or having lots of "leads" annoying (if I like a subset of the leads) or confusing--like I can't keep up with all the threads. I think...Sweet Blue Flowers?? made me feel this way.

-  The traffic accidents trope is just overused. A car for Yu-ji, a bus for No-rae and a bike for Seol-a. Did she avoid a truck on purpose?

-  The overhearing conversation trope is overused too. In the classroom, in the washroom, at the vending machine…

-  The characters being drunk. Or with a cold.

-  The ex, or it’s shadow, coming between the characters.

-  Interrupted confession.

-  Convenient car at Seol-a’s disposal.

-  Drama for the sake of drama and I’m sure you all read elsewhere : death, painful love, unexplained break-up, abusive boyfriend, hostility because of “too perfect”.

It’s just what comes to mind at the top of my head, I’ll stop here. I would need to re-read the whole thing to find more, but I’m sure I would eventually.

It just piles up over the course of the story and because I like the characters of Seol-a and No-rae, it bothers me to no end to see them in these artificial situations.

That my perception of FF for now and I doubt any wall of text is going to change my feelings about this. I think other people around here feel the same, but they just don’t voice it. So here I am, because I feel it needs to be said instead of bathing in universal praise.

Ha-ha. I'm not sure what you mean by "Did she avoid a truck on purpose?".

I think tropes need to be put into context. No-rae's accident, sure. But Yu-Ji died early. I don't think the means of death is important/relevant, so I wouldn't pick at it.

People overhearing thing's isn't just a trope. It happens. Especially in school. Think bullies, rumors, gossip. I'm working and maybe the clear bullies are fewer but rumors and gossip still fly. And it's important to Seol-a's experience. Bullying was important to mine. It's a common experience, so that it shows up in a lot of stories just makes sense to me.

Characters being drunk and having colds, especially in college, sounds normal to me. Maybe your college experience is different? At least, in the US, drunk college kids is definitely a thing. (I'd say something about maybe look through the lens of a different cultural experience, but it seems you've read many manga... Not that Korean culture isn't vastly different. I'm really new to it.)

Interrupted confession, like the No-rae accident, is another one where I totally understanding you marking of another "flaw".

I also don't care for drama for the sake of drama. That's why I'm hoping that the relationship between No-rae's past relationship and her going to Australia aren't any of the common conclusions and especially not anything to do with his breaking her trust. Time (and Ssamba) will tell...

The situations you've highlighted aren't the important situations to me. And seeing what you have highlighted, I can see how the progression has been both frustrating and a bit (or a lot??) of a let down. I, on the other hand, was expecting slow development from the start, taking seeing focus on micro interactions, glances, subtle expressions, etc. Getting to know someone well and develop feelings for them is a complex process, and I'm enjoying finally reading a Manwha (or manga) where that's treating it in a complex and not formulaic manner (previously mentioned plot devices already noted).

My usual gripes with romance, Shoujo--just most manga I've read--is similarities in main and recurring characters personalities. And the predictable actions they take that align with those personalities. Fluttering Feelings doesn't have these. That was a major plus for me that already sets it a part with a small number of manga. This contrast is even greater for me with respect to Yuri and Shoujo Ai. It seems to often that there's a blonde, long-haired girl across from a short, black-haired girl. So many predictable plot paths...

Even with the plot of Fluttering Feelings, I don't feel like it's predictable so much as there just isn't much movement at all. Not the same as predictable. It's just not plot driven (which you seem to prefer). She's put the characters in an environment, a college setting (that, as you or someone else long ago mentioned, isn't really distinguishable). Again, I don't think that's a point of emphasis. For me those situational plot devices seem few and far between (all the character development events). In college? Meh. So my negative-to-positive interaction ratio is much lower. My focus is on No-rae and Seol-a becoming more relatable and complex (or "real") with every chapter. :?

Certainly this story isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'd venture it's too "slow" for most people. Relative to other manga and Manwha I've read, I feel like the rate of development is higher (developments per panel or something). It's just in the character development spectrum and not the events (time) spectrum. It seems that many of the things you enjoy, the things that make you say one manga is better than another, are lacking with this one.

I took the time highlighting the plot-driven versus character-driven stuff in attempt to help you maybe readjust your lens on this Manwha so that it's more enjoyable (or at least less frustrating for you). Not trying to convince you away from your opinions. If I cared relatively more about plot progression, I'd probably be more frustrated too. I feel like most stories where romance is the primary theme have weaker or largely absent plots, relatively speaking though, regardless of the medium (manga, novel, etc.); I appreciate it when they do.

The END ¯_(ツ)_/¯

There have been a couple more plot devices/recognizable tropes since whenever this was, but I still think it's a strong piece in spite of those. The "eye roll" level of a cliché or plot device depends on context--for me. The boyfriend's appearances have been the worst, thus far (on both occasions) for me. ...Those were pretty bad. Definitely weakened this last chapter from a writing standpoint. I "know" it should be a catalyst for a change in Seol-a and No-rae's relationship, but reading this chapter in isolation without anticipating anything, this chapter didn't advance anything. I agree with folks about Seol-a's expression this chapter, but it isn't new. Someone--I can't find the post right now--mentioned that we've been seeing it at moments since No-rae's accident.

P.S. I forgot about this post. Thought I'd deleted it or something. :?_

P.P.S. @cipp Thank you for replying to my previous post and sharing that tidbit about Korea. It was a bit of a leading question. I was actually curious about the hotel situation too. It seemed so ...Western?? to me. Just very different from what I can recall of hotels shown in manga, for example. (Please, forgive my ignorance. >. < )

P.P.P.S. How are people linking to specific posts?

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 1:12AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@halmoni

http://pastebin.com/uFSjBF1M

@thatanon

http://imgur.com/a/P0ASK

da reel typeset, no kidding :))

Thank you both for the quick turn around.

I na dropped a little bit of happiness into this chappie: "I reserved one room for you guys. That's what you two would have preferred, right?" :)

I forgot how much I enjoyed the domesticity of this chapter. The end was a real mind wipe. :?

Okay, now I get why someone mentioned his discharge. We have to be getting an actual close on that chapter of No-rae's life. He's "available" now, so No-rae's gonna have to be clear with him that "The END" already came and went. ;p

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

60 chapters until now, I think it would be better to not "push" the confession to be as soon as possible. This makes reading FF painful for those who might anticipate it eagerly.
I personally enjoy the drama and story line of every chapter without waiting for the confession.

For me, the "caught pff guard" wasn't Sung-pyo, but that I was still riding the emotional high from last chap...over a cliff. It hurts. :'(

Trying to ignore my feelings, I'm not sure what the point of this is. Someone earlier expressed a sentiment that the Sung-pyo arc seem to have come to an abrupt end or was just dropped, so I guess it's not so odd that we have this sequence. But was this really necessary? This is clearly a setup chapter. I'll try to hold off my judgement 'til we read the next part, but as of the end of this chapter, I haven't learned any new information. Hopefully, either we get explicit closure from No-rae on the possibility of another romantic relationship with Sung-pyo (which seems reasonable considering what we know about the current state of No-rae's feelings) and/or Seol-a taking on this "challenge" and being direct with No-rae. (Alternatively, Seol-a could talk to Sung-pyo, but that could be ugly...and kinda weak. Not interested in seeing that.)

re beds: I was glad to see two. They might not have had the same room, otherwise. (Please, excuse my practicality.)

One last (being rational) thought: How likely is it that Sung-pyo randomly ran into them in this place? (I had to ask... >__>)

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 12:47PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ouch... I was not prepared for that.

I knew I was too excited when I went looking for the update.

So we are still in the Sung-pyo arc... Seol-a. Just say something when No-rae gets back to your room.

My poor heart... ugh...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The more i re-read FF, the more I think Ssamba is a master of drawing facial micro expression. Seola still smiles lately, but her smile is not as bright and innocent as before. Now her smile carries a subtle sense of pain and uneasiness. Before, like Kyeyung said, she had the look of "I look like I can seduce any man in 10 minutes" and I miss that look of hers.
It doesnt mean I dont like where it's going. They're both changing and growing and I appreciate Ssamba for portraying such a reality on screen. But I just want to see them truly happy again soon.

I totally agree, re: micro expression. That's one of the things that grabbed me in the early chapters. :)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

NicLarkin:

ena has her own personal norae? haha.

Agree. Future Seol-a (Enah) and future No-rae. Time Travel again? lol

This had me laughing so much, I was laughing while my heart and head got all OMG___OMG at the snow scene. I can't sort out my emotions so now. I don't know what to do with myself. I thought I was making the right choice by deferring this to the end of the day after all the work and anxiety-inducing stuff, and I'm glad I did. This is an awesome way to wind down the day--_not that I plan on delaying such gratification the whole in the future ;p_.

OMGGGGGGGG

@halmoni

A syndrom of "only six faces".

le negative nancy strikes again gg

for all the non negative nancy's, I stayed up for this shiet: http://pastebin.com/qcpGcmzN

SSAMBA NEVER FAILS TO DELIVER JESUS THAT SNOW SCENE THO

Thank you for the translation. And yes. ha-ha...

@thatanon

Enjoi!

http://imgur.com/a/opgjW

as always, the whole series so far is here: flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

This was fast! Awesome. Thank you!

P.S. Brain still not functional and heart still at risk after reading. Haven't even read the English "version" yet. ?@__@? _

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 12:34AM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

All sorts of nostalgia reading ch. 18. Loving the hi-res!

Seol-a's so stuck. I'm right there with her. :?

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

In chapter 57, when Norae told Enah she liked someone, she addressed that someone as "they". Is it common in Korean language to not identify 3rd party as he or she?

If it's not common, I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about a girl. Addressing someone she liked as "he" is much easier but she didn't do it

When they're talking about Seol-a, No-rae refers first refers to her as "a person that I like" (좋아하는 사람). Then she refers to Seol-a as "child" (그 애, variations include 그 아이 or 걔; changes to 얘/쟤 depending on location of the person you're talking about) which is just another informal gender neutral term to refer to someone who's either younger or around your age. In Korean, it's very common to omit the subject or object of a sentence (i.e. "When [we're] together...[I'm] happy. Even if [we] aren't doing anything. [x] = omitted), and that's how the rest of the conversation goes.

Pronouns are usually omitted if you can understand from the context. It's much more convenient to either omit pronouns or use shorter gender neutral pronouns, than to say "he" or "she". No-rae probably didn't want to suddenly come out of the closet and tell her boss that she was in love with a girl.

Interesting thanks for sharing. So the pronoun dropping is common with Chinese and Japanese, but I agree that No-rae was being careful. It looked it.

Btw, I thought No-Rae was really cute and sweet this chapter, especially at the start, telling Seol-A she looked so pretty, asking for the pics, getting nervous when Seol-A didnt say anything. Haha, come on Seol-A, she is being obvious :p

Seol-a was silent because she was surprised by No-rae's forwardness lol. It was kinda hard to tell, but I think Seol-a was blushing + a bit dumbfounded after No-rae said she wanted Seol-a's unedited pictures for "personal" use. And then No-rae had to justify herself.

This was my favorite scene before @halmoni gave it words, and I liked it even more with them. No-rae was so blushing and awkward at the end. Ha-ha.

@ mikasamikasa77

I don't understand what really mean Ina, I don't understand the meaning of << "totally not a pushover" No-rae~>>

It's a reference to Seol-a's words "Don't look down on No-rae! She's not some pushover!"

I am reflecting on the character of Norae,... however my feeling that Ina has put other doubts still Seola, to come out to her, another card thrown into the pile to raise even more the narrative tension ...
Its true that as Norae has understood that she likes Seola, she wants to be with her, she has not expressed romantic feelings, or I wrong? Here no one said "I'm in love with her", (Seola most with some flashback like the "lips of norae)"... and that in this "uncertain relationship" come out at the wrong time, or not be very clear, certainly can hurt ...
I'm trying to interpret from the point of view of the words of Ina...

Is it really common to be so direct about romantic feelings or say "I love you" (for Koreans)? Not to mention, they're both girls. Beyond the fact that they both like another girl, there are a lot of base assumptions that people of the same gender miss out on. For example, if they were a boy and girl hanging out all the time, people would assume they're together, and they'd find it normal too. Seol-a Jihwan. Neither other people nor the girls themselves are going to assume the possibility. Noo-rae certainly isn't. Seol-a's scared.

Chasing away the other person is more of a risk than getting turned down, so I think Enah's warning her about her feelings growing without reciprocation. Even if No-rae is certain in her feelings she may not say anything to Seol-a. ...I think @moonfrost13 said it well.

Earlier people mentioned Enah's use of "opponent". She was referring to how No-rae short circuited her thought thread. Also, she said it to herself (the "opponent" thing in a thought bubble). She'd just shared how many people view her as a gold digger, and No-rae in her very No-rae-like manner said it doesn't matter. Love... Enah was caught off guard by that (straight-faced honesty). She sorta tried to reconcile it by explaining to herself she (No-rae) is a child (a.k.a. naive), but doesn't totally buy that herself and proceeds to share much more of her life. She has a respect and a special attachment (nostalgic) to No-rae. I think she's intrigued by her. "I just think it's interesting that a kid like you still exists today."

Seol-a doesn't know that when they meet in the bathroom.

I loved "Still, go join the others. Because No-rae's there as well." followed up by "No-rae's eating spicy rice cakes. I bought them because she said she wanted some." She's not-so-subtly dropping the "I did something to make No-rae happy" and continues to push on the wound to Seol-a's pride.

Enah very quickly ticks her off to the point where Seol-a's going to stay there and listen to her (albeit not really hearing everything she's saying).

"I was a bit suspicious." <-- Totally drawing her in.

...more upsetting her by talking about No-rae...

and then a total tone and pace change: "But keep this in mind, will you?". And then cuts her off with "That's how it is. Forget it if you don't understand." so that she totally has to thinkg about it.

...and she does: "Just what the hell does she know anyways...?" <-- confirmation that Enah's words hit

Enah is very independent and stubborn (which she shared in her conversation with No-rae). You can think it mean but maybe it's just the most effective way she though of for dealing with "herself" being stuck in this particular situation. Not premeditated but an opportunity that she took advantage of an navigated with a quick with and good instincts. Somewhat crude but effective.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm not denying a lack of evidence or obviousness on No-rae's part, but I'm still arguing that it's not through plot magic. I said she may have assumed. I can't argue for her knowing. -I do wonder about cultural differences with respect to contact between people and closeness (I'm American.) For example, what about Seol-a with No-rae in her lap? She's seen them interact. She knew Seol-a was around the corner when No-rae popped her head in as they were leaving that one night. She quickly picked up on the "them". I have yet to see a confirmation that she knows, but I think there are things into which she can read, especially if biased.

Seol-a with No-rae in her lap was Seol-a's doing. It does not appear that No-rae was awakened before having her head put onto Seol-a's lap.

I don't think we know, but I certainly think that that's possible. I was just putting that out there.

Also, the two are friends are were hired together. Why not wait for her friend and go home together? For all she knows Seol-a made it a "them" with her affections.

I don't get what you mean by "made it a "them"". Also, I was giving reasons for what she may have assumed. Again, not arguing for her knowing.

It was a risk on her part. Enah has a good relationship with No-rae, and she knows that these two (Seol-a and No-rae) are close. And she's an adult. If this was really some random mean-spirited prodding, she's be risking damaging her relationship with No-rae...

It's not a risk if this is indeed the last day of temporary work, and it appears it is. That's it. Seol-a and No-rae no longer work for her. She doesn't need an assistant or a replacement model now that her neck cast is off. She could never see either again and it's not a problem.

Enah is affectionate toward No-rae. Sure, you can assume that it's nothing, but sometimes you make a connection with people. She doesn't have to be as dismissive about getting to No-rae as possibly upsetting her by upsetting Seol'a as "not a problem". It is a risk if she cares. I don't interpret Enah's actions as not caring, toward Seol-a or No-rae. Nostalgia...

So I totally agree that Enah's trying to push Seol-a into action and that that's the main purpose of this arc. And that her taking part in this confrontation wasn't malevolent at all or super contrived. I think she had good reason to initiate that dialogue without being 100% certain that their feelings were mutual, but I think that there was enough for her to at least assume that was the case and biased enough (due to similarities) to hope for it. Ultimately, I don't think her knowing about mutual feelings was that important here. Her connection to Seol-a is/was, and I was very pleased with the execution.

Enah doesn't seem like a bad person at all, but does Enah perceive her pushing as, "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!" or "Go confess already so that you can get turned down and stop wasting your time."?

I don't know what you mean by "does Enah perceive her pushing as, [...]". Did you mean Seol-a? If so, I don't think she interpreted that way. That would certainly be a leap. Seol-a doesn't know her and isn't chummy with her. I think Seol-a's largely just thinking this woman is pretty rude.

My reading: Enah isn't trying to befriend her with this. She's trying to push Seol-a into going forward with whatever Seol-a decides to do. Moving her to do something, is the main objective. It's an emotional conversations. She's not directly telling her to do anything. I don't know how Seol-a could take anything directly out of it without being omniscient herself or really jumping to conclusions, and I think the former is below this story and the latter..--she's too fired up to do the that.

I feel like we just don't have enough evidence to know for certain at this time. It's very up in the air because as mentioned above, I don't think she has a lot of evidence that No-rae is responding to Seol-a? That is the type of scene it would be important to include.

My main point is that based upon what Enah has seen and what we know of her, the dialogue that ensued is perfectly reasonable and well intended. None of it requires assuming she has magical instincts or something. I read it as Enah doing something nice for Seol-a, in whom she sees a lot her younger self, and perhaps a bit inspired by nostalgia stirred up by her observations of No-rae alone and Seol-a smitten with No-rae.

I think assuming the dialogue is "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!" is normal, but I also think we get to that point by past expectations. You don't have to read it that way. There are other why she would speak to No-rae. She's an adult with more experience who's been through that stage of a relationship (preceding a romantic one). I think advice from a more pragmatic place. I had to have that pragmatic conversation with myself, so I just think it's pretty nice someone spoke up to (the inexperienced in love) Seol-a.

If we do get some sort of confirmation that Enah somehow knew their feelings were mutual--without being shown some scene of her seeing something more obvious from No-rae--I do think that would make this whole bit much weaker. I'm not expecting such a confirmation though.

I don't think the lack evidence of Enah knowing or her knowing at all is important. It's important if you're trying to read that conversation has being motivated by such knowledge. I didn't read it that way, and I've tried to explain how I read it. A confirmation of what I mentioned above would make it important and invalidate my reading (and possibly other readings) of it, this arc, especially that dialogue. To me, the dialogue between Seol-a and Enah is the strong point of this chapter, but if you feel it's the "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!", then it's really contrived and makes an Enah and this arc more into the cliché I earlier voiced as a potential pitfall with lengthy stories like Fluttering Feelings. As long as such a confirmation doesn't come, I will happily hold onto this arc as another solid segment of FF.

@Kinetik_09 On the subject of ... "No-Rae is someone who wears a mask". I think it's more nuanced than that. I'm taking that you're hinting at No-rae being unknowable or hard to get to know. That's true. But it's not a mask, which to me implies false representation. Characters (e.g., No-rae's brother and mother) have made reference to walls and tendency to run from complicated or BIG things. In the past I've pointed this out saying that character get to know her on the surface, and the thing about people like No-rae is that it goes both ways.

It's an (often) invisible hindrance to deepening a relationship with such a person because not only does getting to know that person require persistence but they won't get to know you without persistence as well. The obvious challenges such a characteristic is the running away (which No-rae did quite literally) and deflection, slightly harder to detect. (There are many examples of the latter in her avoidance of going into detail about her "love life".) No-rae doesn't volunteer much information about herself. Staying at the surface. No-rae tends not to pry for information about Seol-a. Examples: We see her hesitate in asking Ji-hwan about Seol-a. A more poignant example to me is when she find herself surprised at her wondering about Seol-a's behavior.

When someone is that easy going but still grounded and responsible, they are easy to get along with (and easy to fall in love with, to me), easy to project onto and, most relevant, easy to keep around if you just let things be. No-rae fits this character/personality type (in my head that's hard to explain) to a tee. Enah heard directly from her that she's just happy being with her. We heard though our semi-omniscient perspective as readers that No-rae is content to let things be and just enjoy being with her. I recognize No-rae's characteristics. Enah could too.

No-rae is the type to be scared off or pushed away by making things serious. I assumed that of her before we even had the "avoidance" arc. Enah can see herself in Seol-a, fill-in the gaps in her direct knowledge of No-rae with experience of her partner and come to guess some things right about No-rae that Seol-a doesn't even know or is at least less sure of. And she's an outsider looking in on a situation with a level head but having been half of a relationship with somewhat similar participants, for years. We readers are biased in what we know (hence you had to even remind someone that Enah doesn't have direct evidence) but she's biased from her experience and what she knows. Enah possibly has the most experience with interacting with someone like No-rae's outside of her family (of the main-ish characters).

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Maybe Enah thinks that the person No-Rae likes is someone else and so she's taunting Seola.

Except unbeknownst to either, that person IS Seola?

That may be a possibility... but I just feel like she knows it's Seol-A. Enah seems really perceptive though.

We will just have to see.

I'm trying to think of a time when No-Rae showed that the person was Seol-a through No-Rae's own actions that Enah saw. I can think of multiple times Seol-a gave it away that she likes No-Rae, but not the reverse... maybe I missed something, but it's hard to be perceptive when there's nothing to pick up on? Regardless, Ssamba could write it that Enah picked it up with even the slightest hint so this doesn't mean much.

You do have a point! Seol-A is crazy obvious about it, but Enah hasn't been given hints by No-Rae who she likes. Omg you are a genius. My brain wasnt working before. That could totally be it!

Wow. I love this chapter.

Enah is totally right. I've been in Seol-a spot with respect to someone with a personality eerily reminiscent of No-rae's. Hopefully, Seol-a gets passed her ego does something to make this situation totally certain.

Enah has seen No-rae an Seol-a interact. I think there's been plenty to pick up on and it's not as if we're even seeing all of the interactions. They spend a lot of time together and talk about one another. Even if it's an assumption, why wouldn't Enah assume Seol-a? I'm only saying this because I don't think it's a total plot setup or something like that. This seems pretty normal to me and hopefully spurs Seol-a to say something soon. (Next chapter would be nice. ^. ^)

It would be pretty weak that somehow thru plot magic Enah has ascertained how No-Rae feels about Soul-a. This is a slice of life and it becomes redundant very quickly to show every interaction they have. There has been nothing to suggest to Enah that No-Rae likes Soul-a.

I think it's been pretty much suggested throughout the story that No-Rae is someone who wears a mask and it's hard to figure her out (see Hee-Jin and Ji-Whan dropping them yuri nuggets for Soul-a). The only reason we know how No-Rae really feels is because we are given insight to her character and who she really is; other characters in the story don't have that. However, they are easily able to see how Soul-a feels toward No-Rae (she even admitted herself she is not good at hiding things) and often act as catalyst to move the story forward.

I actually love the dynamic between Soul-a and Enah because they are reflections of each other; sometimes when you meet with someone who is just like you it causes friction. Add in the fact that Soul-a is overprotective of No-Rae it makes it pretty easy for Enah to provoke her. im pretty positive that Enah is trying to get under Soul-a's skin and push her to be upfront about her feelings, which is also a reoccurring theme throughout the story.

I'm not denying a lack of evidence or obviousness on No-rae's part, but I'm still arguing that it's not through plot magic. I said she may have assumed. I can't argue for her knowing. -I do wonder about cultural differences with respect to contact between people and closeness (I'm American.) For example, what about Seol-a with No-rae in her lap? She's seen them interact. She knew Seol-a was around the corner when No-rae popped her head in as they were leaving that one night. She quickly picked up on the "them". I have yet to see a confirmation that she knows, but I think there are things into which she can read, especially if biased.

There're also the instances in chapters prior to this where she's commented on how No-rae reminds her of her significant other. Enah has talked about not how great her partner is but how good is for her. He balances her. I think Enah has seen not just parallels between herself and Seol-a and her partner and No-rae but also possible parallels in their relationship and/or how they balance each other, personality wise.

My favorite part of this chapter was the interaction between Seol-a and Enah. Someone guessed teasing, but to me it was more serious and pointed that that. I found it a really refreshing dynamic. Enah was really direct and (I think tactfully) presumptuous. She confronted Seol-a, but was just indirect enough for Seol-a to have to connect the dots. Not mean spirited at all. I think it was more of a "I see a lot of me in this girl." and her taking an approach that might be more effective in getting through to her younger self. People are motivated in different ways.

Teasing or something would've been way more cliché and just not right to me. They aren't friends--Enah and Seol-a. I really do think Enah was speaking for Seol-a and maybe somewhat to her younger self. Enah knows the Seol-a is smitten, and she knows No-rae feels strongly for someone as well. I think that her speaking up makes sense even not knowing No-rae's feelings are directed toward Seol-a, and that's why I think her (not obvious to people who expect people trying to nice things to go about it "nicely") pep talk was really for Seol-a's sake. Either Seol-a is one of the lucky one's or she can potentially get to recovering from heartbreaks sooner.

It was a risk on her part. Enah has a good relationship with No-rae, and she knows that these two (Seol-a and No-rae) are close. And she's an adult. If this was really some random mean-spirited prodding, she's be risking damaging her relationship with No-rae and just...--That explanation just doesn't make sense to me. Enah has said many things that show her awareness of the similarities between herself--especially herself in her youth--and Seol-a. I've even thought that this sequence leaves room to believe that although No-rae has inspired nostalgia in her with respect to her lover that she naturally feels closest to Seol-a (and I don't necessarily mean the feeling's amicably). It's simply present and felt due to just how similar they are. She has an ego and seems to follow her intuition. Even the brief reference she made to Seol-a picking up on things quickly could be considered a back reference to herself when speaking of parallels between the two).

So I totally agree that Enah's trying to push Seol-a into action and that that's the main purpose of this arc. And that her taking part in this confrontation wasn't malevolent at all or super contrived. I think she had good reason to initiate that dialogue without being 100% certain that their feelings were mutual, but I think that there was enough for her to at least assume that was the case and biased enough (due to similarities) to hope for it. Ultimately, I don't think her knowing about mutual feelings was that important here. Her connection to Seol-a is/was, and I was very pleased with the execution.

This really sold me on Enah and made me feel better about this arc. She's the most fleshed out side character since Jihwan. I don't have any bad feeling to him being part of the not-love-triangle, but I did find him to be a part of the "too good to be true" club--perfect prince cliché. Enah is imperfect and more realistic to me. I actually kind of want to know more of her story--her and her partner--but I don't want the change in No-rae and Seol-a's relationship status delayed further. Maybe a special chapter or something released after Fluttering Feelings is over. heh

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 11:40PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Maybe Enah thinks that the person No-Rae likes is someone else and so she's taunting Seola.

Except unbeknownst to either, that person IS Seola?

That may be a possibility... but I just feel like she knows it's Seol-A. Enah seems really perceptive though.

We will just have to see.

I'm trying to think of a time when No-Rae showed that the person was Seol-a through No-Rae's own actions that Enah saw. I can think of multiple times Seol-a gave it away that she likes No-Rae, but not the reverse... maybe I missed something, but it's hard to be perceptive when there's nothing to pick up on? Regardless, Ssamba could write it that Enah picked it up with even the slightest hint so this doesn't mean much.

You do have a point! Seol-A is crazy obvious about it, but Enah hasn't been given hints by No-Rae who she likes. Omg you are a genius. My brain wasnt working before. That could totally be it!

Wow. I love this chapter.

Enah is totally right. I've been in Seol-a spot with respect to someone with a personality eerily reminiscent of No-rae's. Hopefully, Seol-a gets passed her ego does something to make this situation totally certain.

Enah has seen No-rae an Seol-a interact. I think there's been plenty to pick up on and it's not as if we're even seeing all of the interactions. They spend a lot of time together and talk about one another. Even if it's an assumption, why wouldn't Enah assume Seol-a? I'm only saying this because I don't think it's a total plot setup or something like that. This seems pretty normal to me and hopefully spurs Seol-a to say something soon. (Next chapter would be nice. ^. ^)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

ertewrwertfgs - http://pastebin.com/QhWjTh5C

@halmoni My thanks to the most reliable Santa. ;)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Without understanding the new chapter 58, I could tell it's getting great hahaha. I think Enah told Seola that Norae told her she liked someone, or she seriously was provoking Seola. And Norae is getting comfortable and touchy with Seola (I think?!!!)

Ditto.

My heart... OMG. So much blushing? _(Running around incircles on inside.)

I think Enah is just slightly more observant than our young protagonists and noticed how she could press Seol-a's buttons.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I've reread this chapter for a few times. And I noticed just now, and really appreciate the scene when Norae was walking and she stopped right in front of the bakery. Her head was looking forward, and Seola was showing her back towards Norae. Do you know what it means? That Norae could notice Seola's back, even from the corner of her eye. Because Seola's on Norae's mind all the time.

I found it so subtle yet so thoughtful of Ssamba.

The ending sequence was my favorite part as well. But, then again, maybe it was due to the build up of the entire chapter. The whole thing was really nice. I guess I can just call it an awesome climax, ha-ha.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This chapter..omg. (Just read it.) Talk about fluttering feelings. I barely have words--Lovely. Just lovely.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ugh. I mean, I thought "Seol-a" (who was actually Enah) looked a little off, but--man, why couldn't they have at least had different eye colors?! I guess I could've tracked the brown jacket. sighs

As someone mentioned it before (when Enah showed in FF for the first time) that Enah has white lines in her hair and Seol-A has black lines in her hair :P It's how I recognize them :D (when we can't see Enah's hands with rings :P)

Also Enah has more detail around her eyes, and they are larger. Ssamba draws her with lines on the hood of her eye.

You'll also notice that Soul-a wears her hair swept over the shoulder when it's down whereas Enah usually has it down her back (also it's a bit more wavy than Soul-a's hair).

Thanks to all for the pointers.

Just gotta remember all of these... @_@_

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm more interested in their interactions after they're a thing but maybe that's just me

You are not alone.