Forum › Posts by karp

karp
Rin Rin discussion 03 Nov 11:15
joined May 1, 2013

So... this author actually LIVES the pure, innocent, sexless, beautiful, sweet, loving yuri ideal? Color me skeptical.

joined May 1, 2013

To the person who says they dont believe asexuality exists, there are many people in this world who identify as asexuals.

Maybe your right and I won't denied that. I won't try to stop you if thats how you choose to identify yourself and won't judge you for it, it's just I can't really believe you. It's not something that I can understand.

Besides the fact that believing other people's stated experience and understanding it subjectively yourself are two different things, it's hardly that bizarre a concept.
Sexualness is on a spectrum, right? That is, some people are highly sexual and other people are less so. That's... pretty undeniable. Some people have an urge for sex multiple times a day; other people are fine with having it once a week.
So, what's implausible about the idea that a given person could have a very low sex drive, to the point that they never really want it?

Fue's laziness is obviously presented as odd (but no more than Asuna's enormously high sex drive), but this series does a decent job of making it clear that neither of their NATURES is to blame for the relationship going sour.

joined May 1, 2013

I made an account just to contribute to this. The theory that the girls resemble the seven deadly sins is just too interesting. I originally thought I had them all pinned down, but the more I read what each sin truly means and the more I thought about each character, I came to the conclusion that they each embody one or more sin.

There's been plenty of discussion on this, but I think some of them are pretty clear:

Asuna: Lust

Fue: Sloth

Meru: Gluttony

Saachen: Wrath. This one actually adds a really interesting wrinkle to me, because she has these flare-ups. But Ruki puts her on a pedestal and can't see it, so the audience wasn't really exposed to it at first, either. It kind of won me over that the idealized love interest had this particular flaw.

The others are kind of ambiguous, at this point. The most probable breakdown is:
Ruki: Envy
Maasa: Pride
Remi: Greed

But, we don't know enough about Maasa or Remi yet, really. I certainly can't see Ruki as pride, but other than that, I think these three are kind of mysterious.

last edited at Nov 1, 2014 11:26AM

joined May 1, 2013

It's weird to me so many people are wanting to blame someone for these characters' relationship strife and break-ups. The whole point of this series seems to be the author taking on a challenge of having very extreme characters (they're based on the seven deadly sins, for god's sake) with honest and believable emotions. There's no way some of these combinations are going to work, so it's strange that people are getting angry at some of them.

karp
I Girl discussion 01 Jul 01:13
joined May 1, 2013

This whole thing makes me feel really icky.

karp
joined May 1, 2013

I gotta say, I had the opposite problem that a lot of people seem to have had. The main romance was interesting and well-drawn and I was really rooting for them, but the manga kept bringing in these cool side characters and then not doing anything with them!!

Like, Tomoe. She's in this sad situation where high school is her break from a future she dreads, especially because, it's implied, she'll have to start pretending to not be gay. But then.... nope, in the last chapter, she's graduated and still openly with Miyako so...
And the younger karate girls' little love tangle was interesting, but then apparently it's solved by the blonde one just finally making a move. And Aoi... there's potential hilarity in having a yuri-lover surrounded by lesbians and disturbed by the fact that actual sex happens, but it never came through.

Bleh. I dunno. Maybe I'm just mostly annoyed that the gayest romance manga ever, filled to the brim with gay, still has to end with "Hey, we're going far away from each other, but maybe this flash-forward gently implies that we're together in college, but that's not as important as the fact that our wonderful youth was brief but wonderful!"