Forum › Posts by ffins07

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm enjoying this. Curious to see where this is going.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Geez. Too light and fluffy to last. That was quite a lead weight at the end. Hopefully, the ominous feeling that leaving note generated is largely due to the stark contrast with the dominant of the chapter. :?

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

That (ch35) was so cute. So much fun.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Sooo... Manager-chan seems to be a bit denser than tungsten.

Also, I wish this had more of a continuous story, rather than random snippets.

Same, but it's really cute, regardless. Heh.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Really enjoyed this chapter. Been a while since I felt this way about this manga.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Gah. The lying (for X's sake) still bother me, but I'm glad they actually talked. That...should be refreshing, but I'm still a bit miffed.

Thanks for the update!

ffins07
Beloved L discussion 03 Jun 21:24
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Still beautiful. Still uncomfortable.

Gah! I don't care how mature Ding Yi seems at times. She just too young and too vulnerable to me. I don't see one angle on this relationship that reads "healthy".

Clearly Ding Yi's had some experiences--has a perspective on thing that makes here appear older or more mature in ways, but she's not. It seems older people are often caught off guard by the astuteness of younger people. Before a child leaves the single digits they have the mental skills and capacity to make "profound" intellectual and emotional observations. Psychologically, however, they're still children. More vulnerable. More impressionable. There are chemical, hormonal maturations that have yet to take place.

Age of consent aside, I just don't see how this relationship balances in terms of dependency. They both have dependency issues, but Ding Yi seems more inherently dependent to me. High schooler. Detached from family (i.e., lacking her own support system).

I just--Wei wei is such a tragic protagonist. She is in a precarious position. Does not know what she's doing. So real.

This story, man...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nya-chan re:

Tsk... you can't change someone. Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that.

They change on their own, over time, little by little. It may be because you're at their side, or you can accompany them, but they don't change because they saw the light.

It's only in manga that people change just because of a pep-talk.

I thought the chapter was nice (though nothing at all surprising), but that bit from Yuu stood out the most for me. Still cringing.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Oh. So I can just drop this...right now. Got it.

Ugh. Whatever. Did not enjoy this last chapter, anyway.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

(After chapter 14) Kasumi... *sighs* (Needs a life coach--attached...at all times.)

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 11:39PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It's too cute. Omg..

ffins07
Beloved L discussion 02 Apr 22:24
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This chapter (12) makes me feel more comfortable. The story remains very compelling. The...relationship is troubling. Neither one of these ladies is in the best place--even if one of them were not too young (in life) (to me). *sighs*

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 10:26PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This manga is sooo close to too cute for me, but doesn't go over. Perfect.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This is just the right amount of cuteness. Happy for the update.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Still refreshing. Still good.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Did.... Did this manga just use common sense to solve an obvious cliche?

Give that mangaka a fucking cookie

Seriously. At first I thought this manga was just cute...and then really cute to the point of being ridiculous. But it's turning out to be refreshingly real.

I'll keep tabs on it.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Man, I just wanted to throttle him. If their not gonna call the police, can someone at least hit him.

This stuff just bothers me. Geez. Unhand her!

I know this is just a story, but I wish some of these stories showed consequences for this sort of thing. Ugh! Don't normalize it. No more.

Gah!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re transbikes

Gosh, I want to like this but tbh I have no idea what is going on. I know that has to partly due to a poor translation, but I cant even begin to find a thread of chronological story telling to follow, everything seems so out of place.

You're not alone. The language of 13 is awkward, even compared to chapter 12.

The social media post exchange was really cute though. ha-ha

I still feel like the story is really in its infancy, so I'm hoping we, the audience, will be able to gain our bearings sooner...or later, ha-ha.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 7:36PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thanks for the link @Alextasha. I actually tried her tumblr, but I don't really know how to navigate those. Ha-ha... (^. ^ ;)

Edit: Omg... I kinda wish I waited to read that tomorrow. I'm going to try not to sleep on it. ...I really love how Ssamba illustrates her world (and I do mean the real one).

P.S. Thanks for the diligent translating @halmoni (wherever you are)...

last edited at Feb 7, 2017 10:45PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Has someone posted translations of her 2017 blog posts?

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Immediate reaction: This feels so dooooomed....

Comment reactions: The discussion has been stimulating. People have drawn up a number of interesting parallels and contrasts. It's inspired me to share my thought on how Yuu and Nanami compare.

Yuu is clearly naive in love and/or romantic relationships, but that makes perfect sense with her lack of experience. Some people just start late with the whole liking people thing--and it can come on very suddenly. She seems to be dealing with this (new to her) situation all right to me. The thing that really struck me was the close of chapter 17 (when the plot of the play is revealed) as we see a conclusion materializing in her head. I found that sequence very pleasing because my take away was that Yuu wasn't going to be just another dense-about-emotions character. I think Yuu's neurological wiring and/or emotional disposition is less familiar to most of us,

I am with everyone thinking Yuu is headed straight into a heart trap, but the real tragedy for me is Nanami. Nanami is self destructing and Yuu is one of the innocent by standers (the other being Sayaka) she is sort of dragging along for a bit on her way. She thinks she can or she is trying to handle more (self-imposed) responsibilities and expectations than she can. And the girl cannot let go (on her own).

I think Touko truly cares for Yuu, but her sister still seems to be too more important. She has to keep Yuu at a distance (by teasing, not talking too deeply, too long about herself, etc.). It was naive of her to act with Yuu like some robot or forever-puppy-type who would not develop feelings while being in an overtly romantic relationship. It was naive and a bit selfish, but I would also call it hopeful and desperate. If, upon realizing Yuu's feelings, Touko tries to dismiss them and disconnect, they are both going to suffer greatly; be it grief, betrayal (Yuu), hopelessness (Touko) nor withdrawal (either). I am not sold on Yuu's ever more apparent attraction being the main catalyst, but it will not mix well into whatever welling up in Touko's situation.

One last thought (re parallels): Touko is not the only one fighting for her image (or images). Yuu is trying to deny her perceived loss of her stolid persona. (She's feeling affected.) Yuu's struggle seems much more of a bittersweet (maybe more bitter than sweet) coming of age tale; whereas Touko's facades breaking down seems like it could be a more lasting scar on her life. It's really interesting how these two and their stories are interacting.

This manga is so very refreshing. I have no clue what is going to happen, but the romantic in me is looking forward to it. This has romantic tragedy written all over it!

P.S. +1 to Nakatani doing a story for adults. Or just anything post high school, really.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Based upon how the chapter ended ("the incident" occurring just past the middle point), it's probably a long shot, but there is an opportunity for the mangaka to do something different by having Hina notice that Hana was not put off by her misreading of the the situation with the friend. Maiko didn't seem to mind either, actually (but maybe she only has the "it's just play" context and did not pick up on on Hana's "I thought it was real..." context).

--Did anyone else notice that Hina and Maiko look almost exactly the same on page 21? That's totally distracted me now. Ha-ha...

Regardless of the build up, Hana's inevitable failure to deny her feelings resonated (painfully) with me. I appreciate the entire handling of that sequence--from her maintaining a "I'm fine" facade to finish her shift and her day only to break down when she's finally alone with her thoughts in the tub. Hina's homophobia is so internalized she cannot have a clue as to the damage she wrought with that off-handed "explanation" for the confusion.

Hana is developing nicely. I hope we get to see some progress in Hina beyond closeted blushes over touching, etc.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

"out of the 98% high school setting" +1

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

What a mess... =__=

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Cute. ( ^.^)