Forum › Over Easy Rhapsody discussion

Light_blue_429604_i0
joined Sep 28, 2014

aaaaaaaand this is why the Honoka x Kotori x Umi tag doesn't work for me, someone always gets left out, but that's my opinion on threesomes

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 1:25AM

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

aaangsty

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I wonder why doesn't umi just tell kotori And she would be like "i feel the same way umi-chan, i love you!" And when they tell honoka she would be like "it's cool, don't worry about it, i have tsubasa-san anyways and she always invites me to a-rise org- i mean, partys, so it's ok, you have my blessing"

joined Apr 13, 2012

i think this is interesting as it seems plausible to me, i mean, the way they love each other they totally would be doing this! There should be more of these, as a series, to explore how deep, how dark, how angsty this could get.

Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-02-36~2~2
joined May 26, 2013

^ +1

joined Mar 30, 2012

awwwwwwww, it is good and i like it but if it was too much longer i start to feel too bad for them to enjoy it.

I don't feel any joy reading that 'cause i'm a KotoUmi ONLY shipper after all... O_o

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

A fun read, this. I love the amount of reading between the lines you can do.

Does Umi get the 'fertilised egg' from Kotori, or the unfertilised one? They have the same nutritional value, after all... but they're different in the end. I think this speaks about Kotori's feelings--are they true for Umi, or is she simply sleeping with her because she 'can't sleep by herself'?

Kotori seems to feel bad about staying over with Honoka. I can't help but wonder if she realises her 'unfertilised egg' is going to Umi, but she knows Umi loves her and needs her... more so than her liking to have eggs every morning, it's simply the habit she's gotten into...

I'm not usually a fan of angst, but this one has some delicious subtext that I enjoyed chewing on while helping Anon to TL it.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:51AM

joined Jun 9, 2011

This artist is a bit of an odd one, s/he seems to jump around with the second year pairings a bit.
In a OT3 relationship the biggest challenge of course is not feeling jealous when there's odd moments when you are not getting the attention you want.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

There goes the honokotoumi fluff.

Can't wait for the next one, thanks for the translation!

e: oh, what was Umi about to say on page 6? "I'm not as-"?

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 7:20AM

Adri_VolKatina
10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

I don't feel any joy reading that 'cause i'm a KotoUmi ONLY shipper after all... O_o

You are not alone... I didn't feel any joy either...

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

Not much a fan on this artist work, but that page 4 sure piqued my curiosity, the term fertilized and unfertilized egg... Its most likely refers to Kotori's 'feelings' (There's no way to differentiate both though, unless artist hinted it. Visually you'd assume it's either unfertilized or just plain egg drawing w/o implications)

This is where I totally question whether Kotori wants to be with Umi, or it's more of "feeling bad/guilty to leave Umi for Honoka." Seemed like one page hinted that, and the other pages hinted otherwise.

OT3 is somewhat complex... Being jealous, wanting more attention from Kotori over another, and eventually wanting to keep Kotori for herself.
The tag certainly works, not with this kind of setting though.

Looking forward for a continuation, I guess?

joined Aug 1, 2013

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

joined Jun 9, 2011

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

Not as hard as a Honoumi/KotoHono/OT3 Shipper considering how often Honoka gets third wheeled for the sake of KotoUmi.

i think this is interesting as it seems plausible to me, i mean, the way they love each other they totally would be doing this! There should be more of these, as a series, to explore how deep, how dark, how angsty this could get.

Anime Spoilers ahead.
I don't think that in the Love Live! universe this could be plausible at all considering the airport scene and the whole event concerning Kotori leaving, The only person who could get Kotori to stay was Honoka, and the person Kotori had the hardest time telling was Honoka. In fact she just came right out and told Umi she would be leaving and needed advice on how to tell Honoka. Umi also asks Kotori that is she were the one to ask her to stay would Kotori change her mind and Kotori said no. The one person who Kotori can possible love romantically in all of Love Live! is Honoka. There were no moments in the anime where Kotori and Umi showed anything more than the love between good friends which I thought was clearly shown. When it came time for Honoka to stop Kotori she had no idea why it had to be her and she only went to the airport because Umi forced her to, and Honoka also just said what she was supposed to and Kotori came back. I think Kotori is the only one of the three childhood friends is in love with one of the other while Honoka has Tsubasa and Umi either doesn't get shipped with anyone, or she's shipped with Eli (or even her little sister)

I really don't like Kotori x Umi, in my opinion the only possible ship between Honoka, Kotori, and Umi us Kotori x Honoka and I pair Honoka with Tsubasa so Kotori is left out. The only ships that work for Umi are Eli or Alisa with preference for Eli.

I did like the story for what it was though, and the art was nice.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 1:23PM

joined Aug 1, 2013

Not as hard as a Honoumi/KotoHono/OT3 Shipper considering how often Honoka gets third wheeled for the sake of KotoUmi.

I have always thought that Honoka x Kotori/Umi pairings were more popular than KotoUmi (I heard the manga had some HonoUmi subtext or something), but that might be my misconception. I guess part of the problem is that Honoka could literally open her own harem because she's so shippable with everyone.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I can't quite get over the "both of you" comment. Added on to the ending, it really makes it feel like Umi is the other woman, rather than triangle drama. The way Kotori talks doesn't seem to shoot down one interpretation or the other, so I guess the question is: does Honoka know?

joined May 3, 2014

ohoho......that's REALLY tempting....i really wanna see how dark it can get ^^

joined Jun 9, 2011

I have always thought that Honoka x Kotori/Umi pairings were more popular than KotoUmi (I heard the manga had some HonoUmi subtext or something), but that might be my misconception. I guess part of the problem is that Honoka could literally open her own harem because she's so shippable with everyone.

Unfortunately Honoka is one of if not THE least popular character among µ's(her anime portrayal as an irritating lazy bum really did a number on the poor girl) so she usually gets forced onto Tsubasa(essentially booting her out) to allow the more popular µ's member to be shipped together.

S1 of the anime was KotoHono heavy especially the last few eps while the manga was heavy on the HonoUmi(this is apparently Sakurako's preferred Honoka pairing) . Kotori, Umi, Maki and Eri are relatively popular ships for Honoka so her shipping base is alot more spread out. So yeah when it comes to Honoka crack ships doesnt mean a thing.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I really don't like Kotori x Umi, in my opinion the only possible ship between Honoka, Kotori, and Umi us Kotori x Honoka and I pair Honoka with Tsubasa so Kotori is left out. The only ships that work for Umi are Eli or Alisa with preference for Eli.

I did like the story for what it was though, and the art was nice.

I think this is where I take issue with the UmiEli argument...I can certainly understand why people ship them in the animeverse but it just doesn't jam well in the slightest. UmiEli is more of a manga/game ship...as to which one is more I cannot say for certain.

While the spoiler certainly holds true...there's a very specific reason: While Umi didn't bring Kotori back...it was more of a 'she shouldn't' rather than a 'she couldn't'. Umi respected and supported Kotori because studying abroad was something she did want to do...but she wanted to be with u's if and only if Honoka wanted her to stay enough to outright run out and ask her. So I think using that argument as a derailer for Umi x Kotori is very weak.

Added onto the fact the only thing supporting UmiEli in the anime is the fact they're the mature supervisors of the group. I would be fine with that but all the glaring KotoUmi and NozoEli just overshadows it. Plus, Alisa really only has any serious moments with Yukiho, and in animeverse that's what makes the most sense.

But don't get me wrong...you're free to ship whoever you like with whomever you like, and I won't call you bad or the ship bad. I just question any anime argument for UmiEli because it weakens the support for the ship in the first place. There's nothing wrong with the ship...just support it in mangaverse and gameverse.

Again I probably would not even feel any twinge when I hear anime-UmiEli if it wasn't for the fact other girls exist for them. I'm not about to drop the whole "crack pairings refute the main characters' feelings", because it's not that UmiEli DOESNT work...I think it's quite sweet. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with conceptual pairings that have a lot of great subtextual hints...shoot I love Hibiki x Takane from iM@S to pieces and that's basically in the same boat.

...woah. Sorry for the long post...just wanted to convey the message without sounding condescending or aggressive.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Unfortunately Honoka is one of if not THE least popular character among µ's(her anime portrayal as an irritating lazy bum really did a number on the poor girl) so she usually gets forced onto Tsubasa(essentially booting her out) to allow the more popular µ's member to be shipped together.

S1 of the anime was KotoHono heavy especially the last few eps while the manga was heavy on the HonoUmi(this is apparently Sakurako's preferred Honoka pairing) . Kotori, Umi, Maki and Eri are relatively popular ships for Honoka so her shipping base is alot more spread out. So yeah when it comes to Honoka crack ships doesnt mean a thing.

WOahwoahwoahwoahwoah. Slow down there. Honoka is not unpopular. People love her because she is just a natural leader, and no one can be credited for u's except for her. She is impassioned and goofy. I don't think we can call someone who started up a club that involves ridiculous amounts of physical activity and training "lazy".

Plus 'getting forced onto Tsubasa'...no one's forcing that ship. It just feels awesome the idea that the two leaders of the most popular idol groups find inspiration in each other and fall in love through the process of going through that.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 5:08PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

WOahwoahwoahwoahwoah. Slow down there. Honoka is not unpopular. People love her because she is just a natural leader, and no one can be credited for u's except for her. She is impassioned and goofy. I don't think we can call someone who started up a club that involves ridiculous amounts of physical activity and training "lazy".

Plus 'getting forced onto Tsubasa'...no one's forcing that ship. It just feels awesome the idea that the two leaders of the most popular idol groups find inspiration in each other and fall in love through the process of going through that.

Personally, she the one i like the least because I thinks she doesn't deserve most of the credit she get in the anime. Yes someone cheerful and always positive (which is not even always true) is great and can be great as an idol leader but not to the point to deserve all the merit and admiration she get from everyone. Plus being recommended for student council president is totally illogical, I don't see any merit in what she did at one and yet she was said and showed to be an incredible one (as esteemed if not more as Eri) because she's cheerful

It's more exaggerated than a classic childish boyish shounen

If they had made her less exaggeratedly important and essential in everything, I would have liked her better.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 5:39PM

joined Jun 9, 2011

Apologies, i might've gone a little overboard.

Honoka does go all out with things she enjoys doing or find unlike silly things such as paperwork or studying.
Tho some people do tend to find her irritating and feel she doesnt deserve the credit. I for one Love her to bits.

On the topic of Tsubasa. I am not fond of shipping characters outside of their personal groups so a µ's x a-RISE ship is a big no for me. Honoka being paired with Tsubasa feels like separating Honoka from her friends that she been through so much with and has grown to love. in addition the "main" µ's pairs are either childhood friends(kotoumi,rinpana), work closely together(nozoeli) or vitriolic (nicomaki). Its easy to feel like Honoka is getting screwed over.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

3 way relationships are complicated. Heck, 2 way relationship are complicated already, with another person in the mix, I can't even imagine.

Honestly, I usually go for the standard pairings. Nozomi and Eli (My supreme OTP in Love Live), Nico and Maki, Hanayo and Rin, Kotomi and Umi, Honoka and Tsubasa and the little sisters and remaining members of Arise together.
That's the only way to not leave anyone outside. Plus, I really like those couples.

And being honest, is not that I dislike Honoka... but she's not the most memorable character ever. In fact, being with Tsubasa makes her more interesting.
And about Umi and Kotori, except for the ending of the S1, the airport scene, I felt more chemistry between those than with Honoka.

PS: Everytime I think about shipping Eli with another one, I remember Mask of Smiles and die inside a little. So, it's a big no. I don't wanna make Nozomi cry.
Of course, that's just me, and everyone has the right to ship and do fan material of whatever couple that they want. And I would defend that right with passion.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I wonder if there's a continuity to this artist's work? I feel like this could be a prequel to the relationship shown in Second Years and March 15th.

Calling this current situation an "OT3" would be a misnomer: this isn't stable or desirable at all. There's jealousy where there should be honesty and deceit where there should be love. Triangles are the strongest shape, but only when they're structurally sound.

To reply you must either login or sign up.