Forum › Chiyo-chan's Marriage discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Itou Hachi pulling quite the age-gap... but the cuteness levels are too overwhelming for it to bother me.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Deadlines must be a pain in the ass

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Itou Hachi pulling quite the age-gap... but the cuteness levels are too overwhelming for it to bother me.

Since the love is always purely romantic instead of sexual, it really helps pull the age gap together and not make it weird.

last edited at Mar 28, 2015 8:46PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since the love is always purely romantic instead of sexual, it really helps pull the age gap together and not make it weird.

Yeah, plus the whole idea of just making the promise for years down the line. Probably without so much as a kiss before then too.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The thing that sold it - for me - was that Chi was never seen as a parental figure, or a replacement for one. A lot of age gap stories with children so young end up in that territory. By showing the two as (relative) equals from the get-go, there's much less need to consider power dynamics. The progression of their relationship can also be assumed to be more natural; going from "childhood friends" to lovers is much less a jump than moving a parent-child relationship that way.

I'm sure plenty of folks will be creeped out by it, but I can't see much wrong with their relationship as it is presented here.

This is my way of saying it's really cute.

last edited at Mar 28, 2015 10:12PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The thing that sold it - for me - was that Chi was never seen as a parental figure, or a replacement for one. A lot of age gap stories with children so young end up in that territory. By showing the two as (relative) equals from the get-go, there's much less need to consider power dynamics. The progression of their relationship can also be assumed to be more natural; going from "childhood friends" to lovers is much less a jump than moving a parent-child relationship that way.

I'm sure plenty of folks will be creeped out by it, but I can't see much wrong with their relationship as it is presented here.

Pekoe Gets It.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Pekoe Gets It.

I'm just waiting till they tell their children the story of Chi-chan's confession. Hahaha.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Im not fond of the age gap, just cuz well...its a grown person after a child...but its at least in a "pure, future waifu kinda way" instead of its usual loli depiction...

joined Apr 14, 2013

I like the age gap :3

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

age gap just isn't really one of my favs, I don't mind it when the youngest is sixteen.... >_<" but if it's under...meh....but well, still a cute story I guess.... :p

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die !!!! ^_^

joined Jan 17, 2014

damn you animal ears lolicon XDD

Wait
joined Feb 8, 2014

this was really really cute but then I realized the age difference and I was like 'oh holy fuck'. But the way it was presented was probably the best I've seen tbh,

joined Apr 16, 2013

I was a little iffy about the age gap but I remembered that in old times the norm was for girls aged 15 to marry 30 year old men, example being my grand parents and that made me feel better about this, also that it's pure yuri fluffy love!

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

when i first saw the title i was like oh fuck, an azumanga doujin!
then i clicked it and got sad.
then i was like oh fuck, fox girls are back!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Love it, and I have said on YI website before, the age gap is fine for me if it's pure love. I've met nice couples with huge age gap before, so it doesn't make me cringe.
10/10 xD

joined Nov 23, 2013

when i first saw the title i was like oh fuck, an azumanga doujin!
then i clicked it and got sad.
then i was like oh fuck, fox girls are back!

SAME HERE!

A fox is fine too...

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 12:44PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Awww man so many feelings...I can't...hah.....um this is very good.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Breaking news, gay marriage is now legal a last in one ward of Tokyo
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/sex-marriage-wins-recognition-tokyos-shibuya-ward-30022811
How this will change our yuri world? Hope been positive

joined Nov 23, 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/sex-marriage-wins-recognition-tokyos-shibuya-ward-30022811

That's actually very interesting. Yuri and yaoi manga can give the impression that it's totally accepted in Japan when this is very much not the case.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That's actually very interesting. Yuri and yaoi manga can give the impression that it's totally accepted in Japan when this is very much not the case.

Well, you just need to look at how lesbians are portrayed outside of Yuri, and really not all that rarely in Yuri/"Yuri" too. Nobody would get the wrong impression, then.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

damn you animal ears lolicon XDD

lol I agree! XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, you just need to look at how lesbians are portrayed outside of Yuri, and really not all that rarely in Yuri/"Yuri" too. Nobody would get the wrong impression, then.

Heck, even a manga like Collectors where they don't face direct prejudice has scenes like Shinobu not revealing that she's in a lesbian relationship to her students or Takako being a little sad that she can't marry her lover.

joined Feb 15, 2015

i loved the age gap in this one. both characters seemed conscious of their depth of love for each other which was a nice touch

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm left wondering if "really nice older sister" is a bit too literal on page 3. Particularly since Chiyo doesn't see her as an actual sister. I realize it probably said "onee-san" in the original, but I think "older girl" who's close and trusted is more appropriate than the literal translation, which requires you to know how the term is used in Japanese. This way you're still translating the cultural concept anyway, so even leaving it as "onee-san" would have achieved the same effect.

To reply you must either login or sign up.