Forum › Citrus discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

My dad beat me cause his parents beat him. Am I supposed to just say "Oh well, what was he supposed to do? There's nothing he could do, having a hard childhood and everything. Beating his children is all he learned from his parents, after all". That's kinda offensive, actually,

I'd say really offensive honestly. Just because that's what he knows doesn't stop him from being aware of it being a huge issue and not okay. I grew up with an extremely abusive father myself. Becoming abusive myself is one of the last things I would ever allow to happen if I ever had any children of my own. In fact I'm very iffy on the idea of having my own children (despite the fact I would love to have kids) simply on principle because of how shitty a father mine was. I'm not confident that with all the problems I have in addition to my upbringing that I could be a good enough parent for any kids I had.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'd say really offensive honestly. Just because that's what he knows doesn't stop him from being aware of it being a huge issue and not okay. I grew up with an extremely abusive father myself. Becoming abusive myself is one of the last things I would ever allow to happen if I ever had any children of my own. In fact I'm very iffy on the idea of having my own children (despite the fact I would love to have kids) simply on principle because of how shitty a father mine was. I'm not confident that with all the problems I have in addition to my upbringing that I could be a good enough parent for any kids I had.

Yeah, it actually is. But my way of coping with things was playing it off and ignoring it so after finally moving away from my father I grew to be a lot more laid back than most about a lot of things. It's basically impossible to insult or offend me with words, for example. I guess that's just the wall I put around me.

I'm not interested in kids myself even though I get along great with them but I think there would be like a 50/50 chance of me becoming either an awesome or a terrible parent. I definitely wouldn't abuse them or anything but I think I would maybe give my kids too much freedom, I guess? And if they'd end up spoiled because of that, I would not know how to deal with it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Agreed, it seems to be too much of a hassle.

So anyways, back to the story and all that. Did I read someone's post correctly when they said the author was going on a break for a while? But then I read that another chapter had already been released before the break soo... What is going on?

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

My kokoro is broko

Urashi, your heart is broccoli? Because of Citrus? That's some next level vegan pun

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm actually hoping this means Yuzu'll finally forget Mei (and her dickery) and go straight to Harumin's loving bosom

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm actually hoping this means Yuzu'll finally forget Mei (and her dickery) and go straight to Harumin's loving bosom

Isn't Harumin kinda the one who blackmailed Mei? I really don't see her being a better choice here.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was Matsuri, Harumin is the stealth gyaru,

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That was Matsuri, Harumin is the stealth gyaru,

Oh, you're right. Whoops!

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I hope Harumi would confess or something sooner. She definitely should play a major role somewhere in the story.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Firstly, as people have said, it's not about what you say, it's how you say it. You try to convince everyone that Mei isn't a bad person but then you yourself show no concept of what acceptable behavior is while trying to prove your point. It's not helping your case. Just assume the people you are writing to here are not complete idiots and try not to sound like you're teaching in kindergarten.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO where this shit coming from ? LOOOOOOL now stop it right there. I never said that Mei behavior isnt bad. AT ALL...omg..see this is what i m trying to say..for 1000 times.

facepalm I said once fucking again. READ IT CAREFULLY

my very first post was...........way few pages back.........i said her behavior being like this has a fucking background because most of people who ranting their mouth in this comments section..totally forgot about her backstory. they focus on the recent action....so their comments sound like......"MEI IS BEING A DICK...BECAUSE SHE IS A DICK- I Was BORN TO BE A DICK"

so i am sitting here..reading it...and think....umm "not really folks...there is a story behind that..." by putting proove ..pages and chapters.

i said she was a normal girl...like yuzu. she smile, talks and play with her bestfriend..until her dad gones. everything change after that.

she isnt being a bitch with no fucking reason. my arguments are all about ........why she is like that(why i come up with her father, grandpa, her bestfriend story). .....but i never said ..its...a good thing what she did to yuzu. I just understand her habits. I admit that she make it complicated.

I defend her cause ..I view her in HER perspective(what she saw, what she feel). ..not as OUR VIEW as YUZU or alias readers.

In YUZU POV i feel nothing but bad for yuzu. I am no diffrent than most of these people in here who feel bad for her...but I am also the one who are curious about Mei action. thats why i am sitting here and writes stuff.

GET THAT IN YOUR MIND..BEFORE puting your words into my mouth.

My dad beat me cause his parents beat him. Am I supposed to just say "Oh well, what was he supposed to do? There's nothing he could do, having a hard childhood and everything. Beating his children is all he learned from his parents, after all". That's kinda offensive, actually,

but most of the criminal case are like that...........they grew up in violence environment..or have bad past history. like got bullied at school.
just asked psychologist and studies. i am not talking out of the blue. for the victim is hard. who said..you shuld forgive him what he did to you ? its still bad what he did. there is sooo many criminal cases......that the criminal are mental instabil from their previous past(murdered, rape etc)..........but didnt get a normal punishment(like normal people would get if they was on their right mind)...but they got a treatment instead..........and the victim are innocence of a horrible crimes. THe more i say..the more...I sound like an heartless person for the victim.
this is sensetive topic...so my words choice could sound hash.

your dad didnt turn out well ...since he could not overcome the hell circle. ..while you can. every person works on their trauma expierience diffrently. ..some are healthy ..some end up in the hell circle.

good example is naruto

Don't apply shounen manga about ninjas shooting balls of energy to real life situations.

why?are you dissing shounen manga ? because the protagonist ..went through hardship as a child..as well. maybe worst...why not? even Kishimoto himself mention it when he end the manga and said about connecting the manga with the real life situation. HIs story are base on him and his brother.....he just put it into manga.
He said that ..with this manga....he hopes that his readers can gain motivation out of it. Life is not always easy etc. you will face problem and there will times..that you feel like you want to give up etc. why is it a bad thing to connect this with real life situation ?

PS. I hope you view manga not as a cartoon books for kids only--like most western people do. because people in japan take them seriously(its not just art- but like a book where you read it in the west. the japanese just love to tell their story through arts). Naruto is not really for kids...but aiming for adults ages.

Are you german, by any chance? Thinking about it, you're attitude does seem pretty german.

nope i am not german......what has all of this has to do with being a german or not. are you trying to bring race in here.

are you trying to say i sound like a dictator LOL really? you are poor poor person. not all german talk or speak like hitler..you americans really need educated yourself. ...how a german sound like ? have you met one ?

"are you german by any chance? thinking about it.....your attitude does seem pretty german"

this say a lot about you . this is like a insult to all german people .

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 5:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are you german, by any chance? Thinking about it, you're attitude does seem pretty german.

nope i am not german......what has all of this has to do with being a german or not. are you trying to bring race in here.

are you trying to say i sound like a dictator LOL really? you are poor poor person. not all german talk or speak like hitler..you americans really need educated yourself. ...how a german sound like ? have you met one ?

"are you german by any chance? thinking about it.....your attitude does seem pretty german"

this say a lot about you . this is like a insult to all german people .

Nez Note

Okay, this is getting ridiculous (as if it didn't start by being ridiculous). Can we drop this nonsense, at least? At least the talk about child abuse is relevant to the story, although it's probably better to pull back from discussing people's personal lives if you could.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

he start it with that shit. not me. you should have warned him when he post that Mod. ..its normal that i react to that crap provocation because it has nothing to do with the manga but personal attack.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 5:27PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

he start it with that shit. not me. you should have warned him when he post that Mod. ..its normal that i react to that crap provocation because it has nothing to do with the manga but personal attack.

I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. What are you, 12?

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Is being 12 something bad? Why are you critize on my post and making fun of 12 years old kid ?(what if i am ?)
He wrote that fucked up comments on 13 march which its 2 days ago?(you should focus on that shit not me ..being 12) You as a Mod should be neutral not taken side. I just point it out you should warned him way long before.

If I didnt point it out today....people would just ignored it.

I will stop when he write a damn apology in here
Because i am not taken nazi fucking comments lightly. I dont fucking care if he critize my arguments about Mei being poor evil or not(he can bitch it out all he wants- free to do so)..but this is another level.

and if someone said he didnt mention any Hitler or Nazi....than I have no hopes in this forum.
..because it was obvious a wordplay ..hinting to that direction. ..when he mention german / attitude. (being 12 and have history class is not that bad huh)

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 7:30PM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I hope Harumi would confess or something sooner. She definitely should play a major role somewhere in the story.

I honestly don't want Harumin as a love interest, at all. It is difficult to find a story where the best friend is simply a best friend. They're always interested in the MC someway and it honestly causes drama that I am not interested in, which is a funny thing to say considering this is Citrus.
Harumin is great as a best friend and that's how she should stay. Though what would be even worse than Harumin x Yuzu is Harumin x Matsuri, that damn special chapter, god I would hate that and that would really hurt Citrus for me. Harumin shouldn't be a part of any romance, she is better that way, in my opinion.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 7:14PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is being 12 something bad? Why are you critize on my post and making fun of 12 years old kid ?(what if i am ?)

All right stop. You're not that stupid.

From here forward, I'm deleting your shit if you refuse to behave.

Everyone else, don't respond to this crap, I'd rather it not escalate.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm german myself, the three things I quoted sounded like direct translations of german phrases and germans are pretty hard to have discussions with. That's all it was, sorry if I offended you, I guess.
I'm also sorry for bringing personal things in here, that was the first argument that came to mind. Lastly, sorry to everyone that didn't just scroll over my lengthy rants. I'm gonna cut it here.

I honestly don't want Harumin as a love interest, at all. It is difficult to find a story where the best friend is simply a best friend. They're always interested in the MC someway and it honestly causes drama that I am not interested in, which is a funny thing to say considering this is Citrus.
Harumin is great as a best friend and that's how she should stay. Though what would be even worse than Harumin x Yuzu is Harumin x Matsuri, that damn special chapter, god I would hate that and that would really hurt Citrus for me. Harumin shouldn't be a part of any romance, she is better that way, in my opinion.

Well, I'm hoping for Harumin x Yuzu myself but since there's no chance of that happening, I hope Harumin is at least not gonna join any love triangles. I have a really hard time believing that she is not going to have unrequited feelings for Yuzu in the future, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Raws are out and hoooooly shit.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Where can I find the raws?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

tumblr, just look at the citrus manga tag

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

^Thanks!

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I'm german myself, the three things I quoted sounded like direct translations of german phrases and germans are pretty hard to have discussions with. That's all it was, sorry if I offended you, I guess.
I'm also sorry for bringing personal things in here, that was the first argument that came to mind. Lastly, sorry to everyone that didn't just scroll over my lengthy rants. I'm gonna cut it here.

Well, I'm hoping for Harumin x Yuzu myself but since there's no chance of that happening, I hope Harumin is at least not gonna join any love triangles. I have a really hard time believing that she is not going to have unrequited feelings for Yuzu in the future, though.

She already has unrequited feelings for Yuzu, right? You can see she blushed at the part where Matsuri says, "It's female intuition" Harumi sighed at that. And we know that Matsuri is a smart girl, she knows what's going on, so I can say that she really did found a crack in Harumi's shield. If Saburouta doesn't have any plans for her in the future, then why did he created that conversation? It would be pointless to make that scene and just leave it there and go on with the story like it didn't happen. Yes, Harumi is a great best friend, that's why I would love her to get involved someday, because her relationship with Yuzu is much more healthier than that of Mei. I want Yuzu to realize that relationship or love isn't just about lust and wanting to touch each other every goddamn time. If there's someone who could compete with Mei, it's gonna be Harumi.

But I think there's a low probability (for now) that Harumi would chase after Yuzu, because just like what Matsuri said, "It might sound wise to cautiously watch things play out from a distance, but it just means you're afraid of getting hurt. You're always running away from conflict." If Harumi really is running away from her feelings by putting up a Gyaru front, then she's clever enough to know what's better for them.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

She already has unrequited feelings for Yuzu, right? You can see she blushed at the part where Matsuri says, "It's female intuition" Harumi sighed at that. And we know that Matsuri is a smart girl, she knows what's going on, so I can say that she really did found a crack in Harumi's shield. If Saburouta doesn't have any plans for her in the future, then why did he created that conversation? It would be pointless to make that scene and just leave it there and go on with the story like it didn't happen.

You are totally right. I always download the chapters and read them on my smartphone but I seem to have overlooked 12.5. Now I also get what that talk about Matsuri x Harumin was all about. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
That confirms what I was thinking then.

Yes, Harumi is a great best friend, that's why I would love her to get involved someday, because her relationship with Yuzu is much more healthier than that of Mei. [...] If there's someone who could compete with Mei, it's gonna be Harumi.

But I think there's a low probability (for now) that Harumi would chase after Yuzu, because just like what Matsuri said, "It might sound wise to cautiously watch things play out from a distance, but it just means you're afraid of getting hurt. You're always running away from conflict." If Harumi really is running away from her feelings by putting up a Gyaru front, then she's clever enough to know what's better for them.

Yeah, I think I wrote it way earlier in this thread but I think Harumin is probably going to be the last love triangle of the manga. As you said, she is the only person that could act as an actual rival for Mei, so I think she is going to be the last push for Mei to actually commit to Yuzu. Which would kinda suck, really.

I want Yuzu to realize that relationship or love isn't just about lust and wanting to touch each other every goddamn time.

I think she does know that though. She tries her best to make Mei happy and even though she said it was because she was scared, when Mei wanted to make out with her (since apparently, that's her sure-fire method to make all problems disappear), Yuzu only pushed her back after seeing her sad and/or lonely expression (which seems like a huge turn-off, by the way). And, well, she can't choose who she falls in love with.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Choo choo here comes the drama train and 10 more pages of weeping and gnashing of teeth! ;p

And tumblr has some hilariously great sh*t on it. And then you find something like this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.