Forum › Forum Rules

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Oh good heavens, no! We get such awesome irrelevancies, I'd hate to lose that.

I'm all for free-range conversations.

Well when u say it like that, I guess you're right. But sometimes when I'm checking out a specific thread and I don't find anything that's even slightly relevant to the topic it's supposed to be, it gets quite tiresome. Oh well, 'twas just a suggestion. I appreciate your feedback though!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh good heavens, no! We get such awesome irrelevancies, I'd hate to lose that.

I'm all for free-range conversations.

Well when u say it like that, I guess you're right. But sometimes when I'm checking out a specific thread and I don't find anything that's even slightly relevant to the topic it's supposed to be, it gets quite tiresome. Oh well, 'twas just a suggestion. I appreciate your feedback though!

Oh, I know what you're getting at. I guess it's the price for getting all the fun and creative threads.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Agreed.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

But sometimes when I'm checking out a specific thread and I don't find anything that's even slightly relevant to the topic it's supposed to be, it gets quite tiresome.

I'm so sorry :(
I asked Nez to ban me for such offenses, but she was far too nice to do such a thing.

Not that I'm against the ruling or anything.

last edited at Dec 24, 2014 10:55PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

it's quite saddening that these sounds like common sense that everyone should already know.

Bafflingly, in my experience at least, even simple rules like this somehow aren't common sense to a lot of people and I've commonly seen people surprised when they get in trouble for breaking these sorts of rules. And I don't mean from people who are new to the internet either.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Idiots are EVERYWHERE.

It's the internet, what did you expect ;P
For all we know, I could be an idiot (horrible realisation)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I see dumb people

oh noez I am dumb people!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Idiots are EVERYWHERE.

It's the internet, what did you expect ;P
For all we know, I could be an idiot (horrible realisation)

Per Dunning-Kruger, the more you think you're not an idiot, the more likely you are to be an idiot.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Per Dunning-Kruger, the more you think you're not an idiot, the more likely you are to be an idiot.

What's it mean if you don't think you're not an idiot but you also don't think you're an idiot either?

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

I did some reading on his theory and it's pretty spot on.
"Stupid people lack the capacity to realize just how stupid they are."

last edited at Jan 1, 2015 4:38PM

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

All posting of any kind will result in a permanent ban.

Oh thank goodness. I was thinking there was something important missing.

Definitely. That's why I read the whole thing. And this rule is definitely of much importance.

@Rule 2
Glad to see that it's just gonna be a shot. We can still survive. Unless we got Tiro Finale'd or something like being shot by Godoka.

Haha yes agreed.

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

But hopefully people will pay attention to this.

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I dont play by anybody else's rules but my own :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I dont play by anybody else's rules but my own :3

Hopefully your rules are identical to these ones, then. What a lucky coincidence that would be.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I protest that the title is wrong, forum does not rule, in fact it's non-fly and relatively hyperratchet.

joined Jul 26, 2014

Shit.

PERMABAN.

As if I care.

Fuck the police

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Shit.

PERMABAN.

As if I care.

Fuck the police

I agree, they always were just holding Sting back.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think you're one of the most reasonable persons I've seen on the internet. I'd generally trust your judgement but as a moderator you're judge, jury and executioner all at the same time (a questionable concept) and it leaves a bad aftertaste when I see posts disappearing or edited so frequently.
If you really have to edit something, make a note in the post why you did it. Every time, if possible. Considering how regular users have zero control over what the staff does, it's the least you could do. On a different occasion you actually managed to delete the post's content and that just shouldn't happen. To be honest, I'd rather have the stupid and vile posts stay. Within reason, of course, but It isn't like we have to deal with homophobic, racist or radical people in here.
This may seem a bit pointless but the worst thing that can happen to a forum is moderators going on a rampage (no you haven't done that) and it's also a matter of principle but you know, that's just like, uh, my opinion.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have no idea what you mean by editing for a start. The only edits I do are to add spoiler tags (which I should hope are obvious) and very rarely stuff like removing links from the Fluttering Feelings discussion, almost all of which had the edit marked. I normally do mark stuff "removed by mod" or something similar, but it's very rare. Do you have any specific posts in mind?

I do know there was an occasion a while back where I hit "edit" when I thought I'd hit "quote" and removed content by accident, but I did leave a note in its place explaining the mistake. It's not happened since as far as I am aware.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Editing is changing a post's content in any way. I don't have any specific examples in mind but I had the impression that you went further than adding spoilers which was apparently wrong. Sorry about that.
This is exactly what I meant though, as a normal user I can't keep track of what you do at all.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I haven't seen most of the edits so I can't say anything about that, but I've been thinking something similar for a while now regarding deleted discussion posts (considering I've been a part of a few of them myself). I think it's fine to put a stop to a discusion that's out of hands, but most of the ones I've seen are merely getting heated. Discussions are bound to be heated and I personally don't see a problem with this. Being stopped halfway frequently puts a damper on things.

That or I'm just plain rude. Who knows.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Editing is changing a post's content in any way. I don't have any specific examples in mind but I had the impression that you went further than adding spoilers which was apparently wrong. Sorry about that.
This is exactly what I meant though, as a normal user I can't keep track of what you do at all.

It's fair to assume if a post is edited that the original user did it. I'm notorious for editing all my posts a thousand times.

If you do have a specific example at some point, I'm happy to chip in to tilt the system towards or against something, but almost all deleted posts are run by the uploaders first anyway; and all bans have to be done manually by the administrators.

I haven't seen most of the edits so I can't say anything about that, but I've been thinking something similar for a while now regarding deleted discussion posts (considering I've been a part of a few of them myself). I think it's fine to put a stop to a discusion that's out of hands, but most of the ones I've seen are merely getting heated. Discussions are bound to be heated and I personally don't see a problem with this. Being stopped halfway frequently puts a damper on things.

I'm very curious to hear more! Would you mind e-mailing me, or dropping by IRC some time (preferably not today)? The point is never to stop discussion, it is to stop personal attacks, and inflammatory commentary that discourages others' from posting. This is really very rare - I can't think of it happening once this year.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Sooooo at least based on the above two posts, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just for an "official" confirmation: swearing is fine?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So long as you're not violating any of the other rules, yes, swearing is totally fine.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 1:51PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So long as you're not violating any of the other rules, yes, swearing is totally fine.

haha cool. Thanks!

To reply you must either login or sign up.