Forum › Lily Love discussion

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

Donut and Mew? Sounds kinda silly, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Looking forward to more of this, I really like that more Yuri is coming from countries other than Japan these days.

joined Feb 8, 2015

God! I didn't expect to found my country manga here!
(Cause many people in Thailand prefer Yaoi more than Yuri, that's why it's hard to find mangas, novels or one-shots that have Yuri even thought there are many lesbians, Tom[A woman that love girls and dress like man/boy], Dy[Prefer both man and woman])
Better dig this manga. (=゚ω゚)ノ

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I feel like the engrish is either strong with this or it's good art and bad story... maybe both?

maybe it is a case of beautiful sentence in thai but awkward translation sounding in english? I remember reading how difficult it is to translate Shakespeare in Chinese because certain wordings dont have the same equivalent in english so it sounds weird or try an approximation of it.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

I like this. What country next?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Slowly but surely, all of Asia will be yurified. Just as planned.

Just Asia? Think BIGGER!

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/c63b64410c568d9e607a6219c885ba10.jpg

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:08AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

wow that was...an extremely abrupt ending lol in more ways than one.

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:07AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol! The ending adds intrigue! As a gutter brain my imagination cant wait for the next ch....but I have a sneaky suspicion it may be something "pure" ...then again thai yuri/relationship mangas may have a different pace...
Im excited to see what comes next regardless...
And OMG! I dont think ive spent so much time just looking at cover art in awhile! Its so ... so good! I think alot of production went into this series and if yuri is "rare" regionally I expect this may become a popular series...
Anyway, thanks for scantalating ^_^

joined Feb 1, 2015

Just Asia? Think BIGGER!

Yes, but first it's crucial to s̶e̶i̶z̶e̶ convert all cute Asian lolis for m̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶y̶u̶r̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶e̶m̶ the greater good. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

in Thailand women shouldn't smoke. It's not good.

No comment, just wtf. Don't want to read this now.

I think the T/L was mistranslated personally. It's not that women are banned specifically from smoking, it's that Thailand is HUGE in the anti-smoking movement right now. Smoking in public places is almost the same as urinating in public places, to put it in perspective.

But all the same, if we're gonna bar the fact that a person shouldn't smoke in the first place, it's pretty shortsighted and brash to judge a story by a T/L note on a different culture.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wow, this certainly is a good year for overseas yuri though. xD

This manga seems... I dunno, kind of jerky? But I guess the awkward moments make it more realistic.

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

i'm liking this can't wait for next chapter....ps. donath that name tho no no

joined Feb 11, 2014

As to smoking . . . I presumed the translators were letting us know of a social convention so we could dig what might be driving the atmosphere in the scene. Nothing wrong with that.
(Plus, really, smoking is bad for men or women, everywhere. Paying billionaires to kill you slowly, blegh)

Actually, I suspect the reason that T/L notes is there is for a lot more straightforward then social conventions: smoking is practically illegal in Thailand. As in, it can get you a fine or jail time.

Thailand is very big on the Hobbesian-style of law making.

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 2:41AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i didn't read all the comments, but, am i the only one who see some (/a lot of) similarities with octave?
however, octave with a likeable MC is good news.

it not because i sell cigarettes, but it's sad a law against tobacco, in a place where all sick old pedophiles of the world make their "sexual turism"

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 3:30AM

joined Dec 28, 2014

Now I know the kind of fooling around she said O.O

joined Mar 30, 2012

well it was a bit short is what I thought. even for a start.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Just Asia? Think BIGGER!

Yes, but first it's crucial to s̶e̶i̶z̶e̶ convert all cute Asian lolis for m̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶y̶u̶r̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶e̶m̶ the greater good. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.

............did you take a page out of my world domination plan? how did you even find it its buried in a safe underneath 5 different levels of secured floors and dirt.

joined Sep 19, 2014

I love the drawings!! 0 And the story is not bad I will wait for the next chapters

Untitled.png47
joined Oct 3, 2014

Yuri from Thailand! YOU VERY VERY GOOD!!!!!

Copy%20of%201363123155143
joined Feb 9, 2015

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

I'm so in love with this one. If anyone scans this, I'm willing to translate. No engrish, I promise.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

i didn't read all the comments, but, am i the only one who see some (/a lot of) similarities with octave?
however, octave with a likeable MC is good news.

Urrrgh, don't remind me of Yukino. I'm unable to ever reread Octave again cause of her fucking one night stand. Always breaks my heart. And, even worse, Setsuko's heart. :/

As many said, the dialogue/monologue in this manga does flow kinda weird but I guess that could be because the author kinda rushes into the relationship. It's like ten pages for introducing two characters and the setting, as well as having a more or less believable first meeting between them that also has to give a glimbse into their future relationship. Maybe it's gonna get better when the author gets to space out the story a little more.

Anyways, I'm all for yuri with already established couples, so let the flirting begin.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Looks interesting. :)

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Thai women "shouldn't" smoke? Is the implication that there is anyone who should...?

A lot of Engrish here, but then it seems this is the Musqueerteers first release, so I guess I won't complain about that. Like other people have noted, the progression is really off, but I could still see this being interesting. Cautiously looking forward to more.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's also possible that the author just isn't all that good with beginnings, and their comfort zone is more once the relationship starts. Given a the plot as presented is about "lovers" and "soulmates" not being the same thing, the rush to get the relationship started and concentrate on that aspect instead would make sense.

joined Jul 20, 2011

"Big Legs. Chubby."

(immediately shows both of those are false)

Self-image issues perhaps?

in Thailand women shouldn't smoke. It's not good.

In the whole world everybody shouldn't smoke, actually. It's not good.

It's useful as an anxiolytic in psychiatric hospitals, though.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

Waiting for the day Western artists will get into it.
(I barely like the European/American's way of drawing comics tho......)

They already have, more or less.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

Woah, that looks cute as heck. Thanks for sharing!

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.