Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Aug 21, 2014

Like I said previously in my past posts, Fluttering Feelings is just a lick more realistic in a sense that:
1. There are girls
2. There are guys
BIG SURPRISE!!!! LOL. ._.
(10 points for university setting)
It's like people forget that not everyone is a threat to a relationship. But when you get into the complexities of sexuality, then you're going to realize it's not that simple.

It's honestly up to the author to decide how these characters develop and what their personalities are, as well as the end result. I'll just sit here and appreciate the pace. It provides fleshed out characters that will hit home for some readers while capturing (or shattering LOL) the hearts of many.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 9:40PM

joined Oct 21, 2014

MAS QUE HOMOSSEXUALISMO É ESSE? JÁ TA DE MÃOS DADAS, SEM ANTES PAGAR UMA BEBIDA?

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

MAS QUE HOMOSSEXUALISMO É ESSE? JÁ TA DE MÃOS DADAS, SEM ANTES PAGAR UMA BEBIDA?

Wut?

joined Jan 13, 2015

I. F*cking. Love. This.

Can't wait for more chapters!! Even if it has a slow progression, that's what makes this manhwa more realistic (IMO) I WANT MORE OF THIS. Gaahhh :((

Long live Yuri! Lol

Dfgg
joined Jan 21, 2015

Wut?

I can barely understand what is he saying. It's portuguese. I think that he is trying to say this:

What kind of relationship is this? they gave hands each other without paying any drink before?

So, he/she want to tell us that he/she thinks that they should go out and drink something before give hands each other because it is kind of a fast development. We all know this is a very, very slow development of relationship but it is very subjective.

I don't know if I expressed in the right way my english, is not my mother language.

You guys are sure that there are already 22 chapters? I want to see those 3 chapters left. I can't wait until next monday, I'm gonna die.

This is the first lesbian story that caught me this bad.

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 12:12AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Wut?

I can barely understand what is he saying. It's portuguese. I think that he is trying to say this:

What kind of relationship is this? they gave hands each other without paying any drink before?

So, he/she want to tell us that he/she thinks that they should go out and drink something before give hands each other because it is kind of a fast development. We all know this is a very, very slow development of relationship but it is very subjective.

I don't know if I expressed in the right way my english, is not my mother language.

You guys are sure that there are already 22 chapters? I want to see those 3 chapters left. I can't wait until next monday, I'm gonna die.

Skinship between girls (and between guys) is very common in Korea. Holding hands, linking arms, hugging, etc., are all considered to be normal between platonic friends.

The most recent chapter is chapter 19 (not 22). Chapter 20 will be out next Monday.

It's great seeing all the positive reactions and support towards Fluttering Feelings! :D

Dfgg
joined Jan 21, 2015

Wut?

Skinship between girls (and between guys) is very common in Korea. Holding hands, linking arms, hugging, etc., are all considered to be normal between platonic friends.

The most recent chapter is chapter 19 (not 22). Chapter 20 will be out next Monday.

It's great seeing all the positive reactions and support towards Fluttering Feelings! :D

Yeah I know. I mean, in my country we are very close between friends just like you described, I was trying to translate what he tried to say haha.

Thank you, I was reading the whole thread before and someone said about those 22 chapters. I'll wait until the next monday.

Thank you, thank you ^^

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

I am certainly enjoying this series. Really hope the yuri works out in the end. The title of the story, though, is making me have some doubts. Just hope it isn't a spur of the moment kind of thing.

What is the author trying to say here when they say that No-Rae has low blood pressure on this page (I don't know the symptoms of having high or low blood pressure)?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#3

Then on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#8
About the part where it says "Doesn't ask or nitpick and eats x100", is it from the author or is that by the translator? Because I could so totally see the translator typing that in themselves too. I mean, people who are not picky about their food and eats everything on their plates are 100 times more lovable than those who are (my opinion, but could be fact). So I just thought that it might have been the translator's thoughts on that one.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I am certainly enjoying this series. Really hope the yuri works out in the end. The title of the story, though, is making me have some doubts. Just hope it isn't a spur of the moment kind of thing.

What is the author trying to say here when they say that No-Rae has low blood pressure on this page (I don't know the symptoms of having high or low blood pressure)?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#3

Then on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#8
About the part where it says "Doesn't ask or nitpick and eats x100", is it from the author or is that by the translator? Because I could so totally see the translator typing that in themselves too. I mean, people who are not picky about their food and eats everything on their plates are 100 times more lovable than those who are (my opinion, but could be fact). So I just thought that it might have been the translator's thoughts on that one.

Everything on the final scanlations are from the author. We don't add anything to the original work, unless it's a translator's note about something (usually denoted by an asterisk * or "TL note").

Low blood pressure often consists of symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, etc., in mild cases. It simply means that No-rae isn't the most active person, and she has a hard time getting up.

Yes, that is from the author. It's referring to how well No-rae eats, no matter what's she's given. She isn't picky about her food, and she "eats x100" (so she eats a lot).

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

did you guys see??? she was using a swiffer sweeper!! power to the swiffers! hahaha.

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

Wut?

no, no, guys. she/he is just joking.

btw, thank you so much for the translations, halmoni!! i love your t/ns hehehe

joined Jan 19, 2015

According to nyann chan's gaydar (gay radar) this is INDEED a good yuri! Praise the sensei (author)! :3

Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

"MAS QUE HOMOSSEXUALISMO É ESSE? JÁ TA DE MÃOS DADAS, SEM ANTES PAGAR UMA BEBIDA?"

Hahahahahahahaha, Seol-a fez café da manhã pra No-Rae ta valendo, apesar de ter sido com as coisas da No-Rae hahahahaha.

This is really good, i loved it that is going slow, it's better, Seol-a is soooo gay OMG, they are in love but they just don't know that yet.

This have a special place in my heart already

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

Knowing how all Korean dramas have some kind of "hook turns" in their story plots, and most of them end up having heart-wrenching endings, sometimes I can't help but get a little uneasy whenever a new character is introduced (as a matter of fact, when Baek Seol-a's friend - Choi Min-Jeong appeared in the story, it was also when the first friction between Seol-a and No-rae happened) ... . I also think that Nam Ji-hwan is not all what he seems like; he's probably scheming something but we don't know what it is yet; be it benevolent or harmful to the two main female characters.

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 12:01PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Rose, not to be offensive, but you tend to bash Citrus in almost all of your posts. :/ I get you hate it, but...

OT: I'm actually surprised people assume a male character in a yuri story automatically = love interest. I see the guy as another mop head from Their Story; he's there to support the characters in their relationship. If he sees Seol-a as a dear little sister, I don't see him trying to get in the way of her and No-Rae.

I'm tempted to read the rest of the chapters, but I think I'll wait until they're uploaded on Dynasty.

I put all this in spoiler because maybe it was intentional
Isn't this guy Seol A real brother ? The first chapters are confusing but I think i've read in one of the laters that he is indeed her brother.

Crane made this on 4chan:
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10926456_1540968956152077_6899226688388193026_n.jpg?oh=2c86ef2aa56d86e1da4b52b2791e0808&oe=5530B208

Ok I was confused by the different haircut he have in this chapter, with these hair he look totally like the brother.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#14

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 12:37PM

Thumb
joined Jan 21, 2015

I wish we can see some intimacy soon ~ :3 giggles

joined Oct 6, 2014

So, realistically any queer person living in a queer community or simply engaging in queer culture in a major city can easily go through their social lives without having prolonged conversations or meaningful engagement with the opposite sex. I haven't had male friends (much less straight male friends) in nearly a decade, so I do not think an absence of men in yuri manga is unrealistic at all. I also prefer not to have male leads in stories I read because every story in society portrays men as competent people. Women are frequently just damsels or tinsel on the tree. I have been so saturated with the male experience in media that i could easily never experience it again and be no lesser a person for it. I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied. There are tons of straight male stories out there, if you want to read them feel free.

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 12:56PM

joined Oct 6, 2014

As for men being portrayed as dangerous, uh, statistically, the world over, the number one threat to women is violence perpetrated by men.

joined Oct 6, 2014

when citrus chapters stop being a prime example of how to do yuri drama wrong i will stop referencing it.

I would like to second, third, fourth, holy hallelujah, and amen this sentiment.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, realistically any queer person living in a queer community or simply engaging in queer culture in a major city can easily go through their social lives without having prolonged conversations or meaningful engagement with the opposite sex. I haven't had male friends (much less straight male friends) in nearly a decade, so I do not think an absence of men in yuri manga is unrealistic at all. I also prefer not to have male leads in stories I read because every story in society portrays men as competent people. Women are frequently just damsels or tinsel on the tree. I have been so saturated with the male experience in media that i could easily never experience it again and be no lesser a person for it. I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied. There are tons of straight male stories out there, if you want to read them feel free.

To add to that, it's really not that hard for a straight female in most modern cities to have an all-female circle of friends and not interact with guys much at all outside of say, family or co-workers. It happens, therefore realistic.

Of course, then we get to the point that outside of certain genres, "realistic" isn't a really big consideration for most fiction.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

As for men being portrayed as dangerous, uh, statistically, the world over, the number one threat to women is violence perpetrated by men.

I think statistics show the no.1 threat to women are their male intimate partners, male family members or male friends, which is mindbogglingly worse.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think statistics show the no.1 threat to women are their male intimate partners, male family members or male friends, which is mindbogglingly worse.

Which brings us right back to the recent chapters pretty nicely, doesn't it?

joined Jul 28, 2014

Jihwan is not her brother.. Theyll mention how he and seola know each other in future chappss

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 2:55PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

it would be easier to tell the brother and friend apart if they didn't look EXACTLY THE SAME

joined Jan 21, 2015

This manga's original title is 'seolleneun gibun'.
The word 'gibun' means mood in Korean, however, the meaning of the word 'seolleneun' is a bit different from fluttering.
it is similar to the feeling that make one's heart leap with hope or love, etc. so, it is a very positive meaning.
and seol-ah will be better notation for name than seol-a as noh-rae.
Also, 'seolleneun' = seol(of seol-ah)+rae(of noh-rae)+~neun(just like ~ing or ~ed)
it is playing on words.

my first language is not English, and i'm not good at English... so, my explanation may be wrong..please skip incorrect grammar

To reply you must either login or sign up.