Forum › Stuffed Animals' Insides discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

maybe I wasnt reading properly :( but I dont get the ending D: did she realize that the other girl was an asshole?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think she was aware of it, and even aware that she herself was only looking at the surface when she said "you're cute" and "I like you" to the other girl, knowing how easily she put up a false front.

But of course, most of the Maiden's Cake stories are about girls completely failing to get together with other girls.

joined Nov 11, 2010

I don't think the ending had anything in particular to do with anybody being an asshole.

Risa liked stuffed animals because they were cute.
Izumi liked Risa because she's cute.
Nakabayashi (the guy) criticized Risa's fondness for cute things, saying she only cared about appearances.
Risa apparently gave up on stuffed animals in order to appeal to Nakabayashi.
As Nezchan described, Izumi felt her own attraction to Risa was shallow, because of how easily Risa gave up on her inner character (liking cute things).

The ending comes as Izumi discovers that Risa hadn't given up her love for cute things after all, and was still the same on the inside. Risa's love for cute things is an integral part of her, because (as Risa says) she's "a girl". Izumi decides in the same way not to give up on her love for Risa, because that's also an integral part of her. So the ending is about Izumi calling up Nakabayashi and telling him to let her come along so she can harass(?) them on their date.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^wow this story was kind of depressing lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's Maiden's Cake for you.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

That's Maiden's Cake for you.

right, this artist can be really cruel, but it's difficult to dislike

Racing%20noz
joined May 19, 2016

Why do I keep reading this while listening to mellow songs?
I like it, though...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

all of them were kinda assholes though

To reply you must either login or sign up.