Forum › Cute Little Iron Maiden discussion

I
joined May 21, 2014

It's not that I hate traps, I just don't like males in my yuri in general because it gives a posible chance of a girl boy girl love triangle. Come on now, Kampher is one of the worst fake yuri series.

funny that when I was not into yuri yet, Kampher yuri is so bland of fanservice I was actually into het relationship on it lol.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Also, I gotta say, for a bunch of dudes(?) reading a manga about a school torture club, some of y'all sure are picky about a stray trap...

< Female actually. For me, traps are fine...as long as MC doesn't fall madly in love with said trap cause then it's not yuri....it's a lie XD

It's not that I hate traps, I just don't like males in my yuri in general because it gives a posible chance of a girl boy girl love triangle. Come on now, Kampher is one of the worst fake yuri series.

I dunno. Like there are some pretty bad cases of this, and it also usually ends up, unfortunately, as the yuri relationship being treated as a joke (shoot even one of my favorite ongoing mangas right now Horimiya kind of had this happen). But it doesn't necessarily make it bad so long as yuri itself isn't downplayed to be something unrealistic and comical.

And guys being in the show makes the yuri feel real. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind any Missing Y Chromosome stuff...but when there's stuff like Negima and idolm@ster and mai-HiME where the yuri relationships are real and developed even with the presence of serious male characters.

Of course there are clear issues within even yuri shows that depict even more "wrong" relationships as being unrealistic the same way yuri itself gets downplayed in other shows, particular emphasis on incest. Eventually things will sort themselves out unless the more progressive countries all get nuked at once.

But we as a people should just take this one step at a time, with someone leading.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Also, I gotta say, for a bunch of dudes(?) reading a manga about a school torture club, some of y'all sure are picky about a stray trap...

< Female actually. For me, traps are fine...as long as MC doesn't fall madly in love with said trap cause then it's not yuri....it's a lie XD

I dunno. Like there are some pretty bad cases of this, and it also usually ends up, unfortunately, as the yuri relationship being treated as a joke (shoot even one of my favorite ongoing mangas right now Horimiya kind of had this happen). But it doesn't necessarily make it bad so long as yuri itself isn't downplayed to be something unrealistic and comical.

And guys being in the show makes the yuri feel real. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind any Missing Y Chromosome stuff...but when there's stuff like Negima and idolm@ster and mai-HiME where the yuri relationships are real and developed even with the presence of serious male characters.

Yeah, that's why I actually prefer Yuri set in coed schools, cause Japan's whole "it's just a phase in all girl schools" thing doesn't even matter anymore.

Unrequited yuri crushes are the worst though.

joined Jun 12, 2012

this has live action movie.
https://eigapedia.com/movie/chotto-kawaii-iron-maiden

Jesus Christ

Also, is anyone else disturbed by the fact that these are girls who are like 10 and 13?

I can't really enjoy this...

last edited at Dec 11, 2014 5:02PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jesus Christ

Also, is anyone else disturbed by the fact that these are girls who are like 10 and 13?

Doesn't high school typically start at 16 in Japan?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

First year high school students are 15 and 16 years old. But this is an escalator school including at least grade school, middle school, and high school. And so students from all three divisions are present, and that's why some are so young (including the MC is in middle school).

Now for my question: why am I even reading this manga!? Despite some of my credits pages, I'm not really into that kind of thing, yet I find myself reading it anyway. Regardless, I doubt I'll ever watch that live action movie.

Edit: The age of some of the girls (in the manga) is kind of disturbing, but since it's fiction, and I don't get the feeling of them being preyed on, I won't say much about it. I bet I'd have more to say about it in the movie, but I have no plans to see it.

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 4:42AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

I tried watching mai-hime but I just couldnt get into the show at all...can I ask how thick did you have to wear your yuri goggles? I think I got to like the 3rd epispde and was just : meh...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

First year high school students are 15 and 16 years old. But this is an escalator school including at least grade school, middle school, and high school. And so students from all three divisions are present, and that's why some are so young (including the MC is in middle school).

Now for my question: why am I even reading this manga!? Despite some of my credits pages, I'm not really into that kind of thing, yet I find myself reading it anyway. Regardless, I doubt I'll ever watch that live action movie.

Edit: The age of some of the girls (in the manga) is kind of disturbing, but since it's fiction, and I don't get the feeling of them being preyed on, I won't say much about it. I bet I'd have more to say about it in the movie, but I have no plans to see it.

Someone said that the movie had very little in common with the manga, so doubt they sticked with the age range of the manga.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

We're on to chapter 4 and there still hasn't been any actual torture yet.
When's this shit gonna happen?

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 8:10AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Uh didn't that happen at the end of chapter 3? Didn't she drink water for 15 minutes?

I was expecting a watersports moment, but, alas...

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Finally some actual torture.
I still don't know wether i should think this manga is cute or extremely erotic.
Either way i like it~

F60d342673fe8966d2a4e97a1a9727181388015021_large
joined Apr 19, 2014

Did anyone else notice the Kyubey doll in ch6?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...We're certain Sora is a dude, right?

MariMite started out as a light novel series, not an anime or manga

And I note Yuzuki is picturing Kohaku and Hisui on page 069... she should probably be glad those two aren't around

joined Nov 11, 2010

Awesome new chapters! Thanks for the work!

About the two uncertain points in ch.6:
Page 67, panel 2: The referenced character is Toudou Shimako, another Marimite character. She comes from a Buddhist family and so dresses in kimonos at home/on her days off.
Page 69, panel 7: That kanji you're looking at is probably just a miswritten 犯, as in 犯人.

All this UST coming from Yuzuki towards Aoi, lol. Can't wait for the moment when she gives in.

joined Jan 30, 2013

After reading parts of the CIA torture report, this kinda makes me sick.

Prof
joined Nov 27, 2014

Thanks Sol_Falling, looks like you're right on both counts (in case it wasn't obvious, I only know, like, 10 kanji)

light novel series

oops, somehow missed that while browsing the MAL page..

(EDIT: these should be fixed now)

last edited at Dec 16, 2014 8:25PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I kind of wish Yuzuki would get over freaking out every time someone brings out a piece of equipment and start to look at what they said in the beginning about her natural aptitude. It was a good joke the first few chapters, but it's starting to get a little stale.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Jesus Christ

I ended up watching the entire movie i cringed so much at the acting 0___0

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I kind of wish Yuzuki would get over freaking out every time someone brings out a piece of equipment and start to look at what they said in the beginning about her natural aptitude. It was a good joke the first few chapters, but it's starting to get a little stale.

I couldn't agree more. I fear everything is just gonna be a gag now in this manga (especially the yuri v_v)

Also, you gotta at least appreciate how fascinating some of the torture equipment is. Their is a history that it tells, and Yuzuki could shut up and learn something!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Water torture is among the most conventional of techniques used today
Where in the world is this conventional!?

A fun tsukomi for a horrible truth.

last edited at Dec 16, 2014 8:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I couldn't agree more. I fear everything is just gonna be a gag now in this manga (especially the yuri v_v)

Also, you gotta at least appreciate how fascinating some of the torture equipment is. Their is a history that it tells, and Yuzuki could shut up and learn something!

I don't really mind there being lots of gags, so long as it's not the same gag over and over for the entire series.

Although that would be appropriate, since it would itself be torture.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I ended up watching the entire movie i cringed so much at the acting 0___0

I salute you, brave soul.

joined Aug 11, 2014

After reading parts of the CIA torture report, this kinda makes me sick.

To be honest, if this was like a BDSM club (even more like one, that is) dressed up like torture, or if it was a vestigial club for eccentric hobbyist torturers instead of proto-military training, I'd probably be okay with it, but having them seriously talk about and practise real torture techniques and act like it's justifiable or even remotely effective, it's kinda... Hard to stomach, I guess.

If the MC had actually chosen to be in the club, or was allowed to freely decide whether or not to participate, it'd be easier, but since she's literally been subjected to torture against her will as some sort of demented hazing ritual, it might have crossed a line for me. Even if they talk about her "natural aptitude", or whatever, it's still uncomfortable that they tried to force her into it from the start, instead of just putting it in front of her so she awakens to it on her own. Starting her off with something that could easily kill her through water poisoning or suffocation is kind of awful as well, especially when she has no way to indicate if she's seriously in trouble.

I don't know. I get that it's just a silly nonsensical gag manga, and people can make humour out of anything, or whatever. But creating a really good ero-comedy out of a harsh subject like torture is always going to need a careful touch and some incredibly sharp awareness of atmosphere, and I feel like this manga has been just too clumsy to pull it off. It's not absurd enough to be detached from the horror of what they're doing, but it's not serious enough to effectively leverage that horror for any comedic or dramatic purpose. It's just this ugly muddle of uncomfortable tones. It's a bit disappointing. I was a little excited about reading this.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Also, I gotta say, for a bunch of dudes(?) reading a manga about a school torture club, [...]

My default gender assumption on this site is actually either neutral (as in I don't consider the poster's gender) or female.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

If the MC had actually chosen to be in the club, or was allowed to freely decide whether or not to participate, it'd be easier, but since she's literally been subjected to torture against her will as some sort of demented hazing ritual, it might have crossed a line for me. Even if they talk about her "natural aptitude", or whatever, it's still uncomfortable that they tried to force her into it from the start, instead of just putting it in front of her so she awakens to it on her own. Starting her off with something that could easily kill her through water poisoning or suffocation is kind of awful as well, especially when she has no way to indicate if she's seriously in trouble.

An important point. Many people aren't really aware that too much water is toxic and can kill you. A person will virtually never drink a dangerous amount by chance, but the amount listed here can sometimes be dangerous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication gives some information about water poisoning, and specifically mentions that this torture method (water cure) can cause it.

Edit: There were several cases mentioned of young children dying from this amount of water or less, but even an adult can be at risk from this much. A quote from the above mentioned article (including it's source): "2008: Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four liters of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan." (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bradford/7779079.stm)

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 3:16AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.