Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@mizozo: you aren't interested in any other wiiu games? not upcoming zelda, xenoblade or starfox? or the ones that are already out like bayonetta, mario kart, hyrule warriors? sonic boom hah good one!

@flips: well...you can watch let's plays too...you are missing out metroid prime (one of my favorite games), fire emblem 9(easy as f**k), wind waker(well there's the hd too), F-zero gx (best one) and I can go on...I love the GC. As for the money there's sales and used games too but once you get hooked up you won't mind spending the money believe me when I started paying for them it hurt ah I miss being a kid haha. Oh yeah there was a gba version hahaha.

@Kyonne: I think the online is slightly better on the wii u but team battles do seem like they would have no lag problems that's pretty cool. Arc System Works / Aksys Games always deliver on the music and visuals no surprise here I haven't played that particular game yet though.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

^ im kinda interested in the new Zelda game and Mario kart might be fun but other than that

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I guess you'll have to look around and see if you like anything else, right now I have Mario kart, Hyrule warriors, Tekken TT2 and Bayonetta1+2. Don't bother with any ubisoft games they are all half assed, good examples: Mario 3d world, Resident Evil Revelations, Wind Waker hd, the upcoming Fatal Frame and the teased SMT x FE, there's some multiplats like Injustice and I won't lie Cpnt toad looks kinda fun.

It took me over a year before I decided to buy the console so take your time, do some research and think about it or you know Nintendo may throw a cool promotion like with MK8 that gives you a free game or something like that.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@flips: well...you can watch let's plays too...you are missing out metroid prime (one of my favorite games), fire emblem 9(easy as f**k), wind waker(well there's the hd too), F-zero gx (best one) and I can go on...I love the GC. As for the money there's sales and used games too but once you get hooked up you won't mind spending the money believe me when I started paying for them it hurt ah I miss being a kid haha. Oh yeah there was a gba version hahaha.

Love Fire Emblem, ever since I played the GBA titles (beat them so many times...). I did play the GC and Wii Fire Emblem games on an emulator, kinda stopped early on the Wii one... I duno, I can't get myself to play through single player games anymore... So I end up watching lets plays of em :)

Watched a video series of an interpretation of the vague lore of Dark Souls 1 early in the morning today. Had always heard that it was good. And omg that truely is a bleak world, had me on a gloomy mood throughout the entire day... Stories rarely hit me on the feels, but sheesh... this was too much. (Good thing that madohomu doujin was uploaded today, cheered me up for a while)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't bother with Radiant Dawn I hate that game it ruined everything that was established in Path of Radiance it also got rid of the yuri vibes Mist x Jill, etc , the soundtrack is mostly forgettable, starts hard as f**k then it gets super easy, cool graphics tho! if you like the series go back to the old ones instead or the ds one that got fan translated and the obvious FE: Awakening still my favorite.

The Dark souls thingy looks cool I'll be watching that!

Edit: I feel like I left out a few details on RD: It has a lesbian character she hits on various girls but it goes nowhere, it has yaoi undertones specifically Ike x Soren and its kinda funny that Ike has a descendant in Awakening lol, the 3-13 archer is awesome, you can have fun with it as long as you just play the chapters skipping everything else. Problems with the game pt 2: the pacing is terrible, the game wants you to use everyone but doesn't give you enough time to train them, the laguz system still sucks, the story, no supports conversations, broken skill system, a lot of filler, Micaiah(I like her design and that's it), units are too unbalanced and most suck, the story, 2nd and 3rd round bullshit, they force Sothe into the endgame, the story and the ending.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 12:41AM

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I guess you'll have to look around and see if you like anything else, right now I have Mario kart, Hyrule warriors, Tekken TT2 and Bayonetta1+2. Don't bother with any ubisoft games they are all half assed, good examples: Mario 3d world, Resident Evil Revelations, Wind Waker hd, the upcoming Fatal Frame and the teased SMT x FE, there's some multiplats like Injustice and I won't lie Cpnt toad looks kinda fun.

It took me over a year before I decided to buy the console so take your time, do some research and think about it or you know Nintendo may throw a cool promotion like with MK8 that gives you a free game or something like that.

yeah another thing that's keeping me from buying it is my friend already has one so I go play smash at their house sometimes and I've even played hyrule warriors which is pretty fun. I would definitely buy one before a PS4 though so yeah Im definitely gonna have to think about it

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well that really isn't the same as having the console at home even if you live next door...trust me I know from experience haha, Imp Midna = hottest girl in Hyrule warriors dlc twili Midna not even worth it! am I right? I'm having a blast with it if you can't tell xD
Also poor Xbone but apparently that sold really well on black friday that's cool too!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Don't bother with Radiant Dawn I hate that game it ruined everything that was established in Path of Radiance it also got rid of the yuri vibes Mist x Jill, etc , the soundtrack is mostly forgettable, starts hard as f**k then it gets super easy, cool graphics tho! if you like the series go back to the old ones instead or the ds one that got fan translated and the obvious FE: Awakening still my favorite.

The GC one was not exactly great but I managed to enjoy it. Doubt that I'll ever return to the Wii one. Have had my eyes on Awakening, but I keep telling myself to wait for a 3ds emulator to finally hit the web cuz I am cheap...

My favorite is Blazing Swords for the GBA, was my introduction to the series and the one I found to be a bit more tightly designed as a turn-base strategy game.

Edit: I feel like I left out a few details on RD: It has a lesbian character she hits on various girls but it goes nowhere

Well, I was not surprised, lesbian characters in games rarely get anywhere (when it comes to relations)... Actually, I've never seen any in which they do (at an explicit level)...

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 11:21PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Me again lolololololololololol today I'll share a couple of yuri pics video game themed of course and speaking of Midna... Midna x Zelda!. There's a few on deviantart but few are actually good. The rest are all fire emblem themed...all links because I'm lazy =p

1 2 3 4 5 lol wait a minute how did this one get here? 8 bug in armor! 10

ok that's enough for now, so tempted to post a NSFW but I don't know how many ppl here are under 18...I'd feel guilty watch out for the obvious trap!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The GC one was not exactly great but I managed to enjoy it. Doubt that I'll ever return to the Wii one. Have had my eyes on Awakening, but I keep telling myself to wait for a 3ds emulator to finally hit the web cuz I am cheap...

My favorite is Blazing Swords for the GBA, was my introduction to the series and the one I found to be a bit more tightly designed as a turn-base strategy game.

Edit: I feel like I left out a few details on RD: It has a lesbian character she hits on various girls but it goes nowhere

Well, I was not surprised, lesbian characters in games rarely get anywhere (when it comes to relations)... Actually, I've never seen any in which they do (at an explicit level)...

If you chose a Fe Avatar in Awakening Tharja is super gay, I see Severa and Noire subtext too. FE always had all sorts of things aka incest, yuri, yaoi, age gaps, etc but they do hold back. https://36.media.tumblr.com/89a1d5d52e1efdd13bf014cb69c98037/tumblr_n6l1badKGM1tn17v8o1_400.png

I don't blame you 9 is not the best but has a great soundtrack. Did you try Sword of Seals? that one is the sequel to Blazing sword caution some chapters are BS. The one before that on the Snes and NES are pretty good but I wouldn't recommend 1 it's pretty outdated now days well duh the remake didn't do any better either but 3 is solid.
I almost forgot 3ds emulation is probably never going to happen same with the vita.

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 1:57AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I don't blame you 9 is not the best but has a great soundtrack. Did you try Sword of Seals? that one is the sequel to Blazing sword caution some chapters are BS. The one before that on the Snes and NES are pretty good but I wouldn't recommend 1 it's pretty outdated now days well duh the remake didn't do any better either but 3 is solid.

Have only played Blazing Swords, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn (did not finish), and an incomplete fan-translated Shadow Dragon (did not finish).

On the talk about OSTs, my favorite is from Blazing Swords' final stage. Dragon's Gate II which has a sad undertone to it that fits in perfectly when you see who you are fighting as the locked doors open.

I almost forgot 3ds emulation is probably never going to happen same with the vita.

I know :(

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

If you really want to try the marth games the ds ones are the answer but shadow dragon is meh.

All the final chapter themes are really good well except RD(lol) spoiler warning the one in awakening really sets the mood it's on smash but it's not the same as playing the chapter on lunatic mode hahaha, I recommend the genealogy of the holy war ost it's pretty overrated but that doesn't mean it's not good *sample. The whole ost for most games is here

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Did someone say... yuri?

And why the hell did this guy still not send my copy of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I fucking hate / I fucking love Final Fantasy Tactics

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

If you really want to try the marth games the ds ones are the answer but shadow dragon is meh.

All the final chapter themes are really good well except RD(lol) spoiler warning the one in awakening really sets the mood it's on smash but it's not the same as playing the chapter on lunatic mode hahaha, I recommend the genealogy of the holy war ost it's pretty overrated but that doesn't mean it's not good *sample. The whole ost for most games is here

Well, looks like I got something to listen to while I work on my project.

Also really like the art for Awakening, the character portraits etc, so clean and slick looking... Specially when placing them in contrast to the combat's chibi look.

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 4:08PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Also really like the art for Awakening, the character portraits etc, so clean and slick looking... Specially when placing them in contrast to the combat's chibi look.

Yeah, the portraits in the other games never blend well for me, especially dudes with red hair and whatnot, it also helps that in-game the portraits becomes darker at night and redish at volcanos and what-not

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The portraits bother you O.o? They look fine to me even the ones in gaiden sure they look silly now days but it's not that bad technology just got better.

Did someone say... yuri?

And why the hell did this guy still not send my copy of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

I don't think that counts... then again I posted a link to a yaoi pic so...

I fucking hate / I fucking love Final Fantasy Tactics

lol FFTA2 is the only one that I don't like as much it's kinda I don't know I haven't beat it yet.
Speaking of FF how about that FF7 for ps4? XD

one more thing holy cow a kung pow avatar!!!!!!!!

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I have a strange relationship with it, it's beating me into submission every chance it gets but then it keeps throwing new jobs into the mix and I can't help but come back like I am in some sorta abusive relationship.

Also: I miss the Chariot from Tactics Ogre.....

7 is great, even though I think Square Enix is just trolling at this point.

Though I am not too fond of the idea of remaking the game just for graphics sake, the game is actually really pretty, the character models look like shit, yes, and the areas can be a bit confusing to navigate through, but the battle sequences, spells and summons are still looking good to this day

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 11:23PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Pic(s) of the day~ Game: Summon Night: Swordcraft Story Platform: GBA Pairing: Pratty x Sugar

Spoiler! don't open if you don't want the Pratty x Sugar ending spoiled! Btw I love this game =D

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 10:57PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Since the old Link expired...here's Tile-throwing Legend: Mutsuki(http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=doujin/toupaidensetsumutsuki) it's a Megaman game but with Saki characters it's pretty cool just remember is NES hard. There's a F.A.Q. on the site.
The music is basically the (1st)anime ost in 8-bit. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?dwqidjlnjmzhdj8

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 1:29AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So i've been playing some Bravely Default: W̵͎̥̣͈̻͛ͦ̓h̘͉̝̝ȅ͓͉̙̈́ͬ̿͂͐r̫͔̉̂e͆ͥͦ̒ͣ͜ ̷͈̫̹͖̗̞̣̎͗̄͂ͫT̰̦͕͒ͧ͌̓̑ḥ̫̣́̓̀̀͌ͥ̇ḛ͎̘͙̒ ͡Fͥ͏͍͍airy Fͪ͒̈́ͦlies and well... i.... wow....

Will be a funny experience playing the game properly after getting that bad ending

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Yes! It's like NOPE didn't happen! Get the bad endings 1st that's how I play all games that have different endings...except Devil survivor...I just HAD to do the Song of Hope(best ending! neutral all the way!) and speaking of Bravely Default I should really pick up that game one of this days =O

Pic of the day: Game: P3P Platform: Psp Pairing: Minako x Aigis

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The thing with Bravely Default is that the bad ending doesn't seem to be so different from the good ending, it does leave a lot of plot points unanswered which throw you out a little, but it also throws a huge, HUUUUGE plot twist right at your face that wasn't even close to be revealed at the point in time you're able to get the bad ending, and it's not you can just get the good ending right away, i'm at 30 hours of playtime and from my pace it seems that i'll hit the 70 hours mark before i get the good ending

So yeah, now the game has thrown right at my face the hugest plot twist i've seen since the Sixth Sense and now i'll have to witness it slowly, SLOWLY develop on my ride to the good end, i have no idea if it'll kill the rest of the game having this knowledge or if it'll be interesting as shit seeing this developing, but i'm curious none the less

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Ahhh, yes, the days after I finished Persona 3, heard there was a PSP Version with a female protagonist and immiedeatly searched for a FemMC + Aigis Social Link videos, living the Yuri dream.

''Here it comes, she already said she wanted to be always at the protagonists side, she will say it, the gayness is off the charts!'' ''Now it, comes, in the male route she openly confessed, any second now!''
Aigis: ''I will always be by your side''
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

a post on videogame in a yuri forum... i can't believe no-one mentioned Gone Home,
i fear that only to mention it it's a spoiler (if you think so, please delete this comment),
it's more like to read a book than a game, however it's a very nice game

This topic has been locked.