Forum › Citrus discussion

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

use the spoiler code please!
rage because everyone thought there would be some progress I know the chapter isn't bad but that ending ugh

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

rage because everyone thought there would be some progress I know the chapter isn't bad but that ending ugh

There WAS development

Past arc was to get some development for Mei, now is Yuzu turn. And I wouldn't be too worried by the end, is highly unlikely that Mei will show any legitimate interest on Sara (or anyone but Yuzu, really)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

There WAS development

Past arc was to get some development for Mei, now is Yuzu turn. And I wouldn't be too worried by the end, is highly unlikely that Mei will show any legitimate interest on Sara (or anyone but Yuzu, really)

We'll just have to wait and see. but more BS drama incoming lol hope Mei isn't too mean on either of them
Sooooooooooo....did you read my version? love it? hate it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, it was pretty good for a quick translation. Thanks for it!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

You are welcome! and I hope I don't sound like I'm fishing for compliments hehe~ but seriously I welcome all feedback.
define "quick" that took waaaaaay longer than I thought it would I hope the link doesn't get lost as people comment...I'll just quote myself if that happens or point at page 60 or something.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

OK I hope my last comment wasn't too suspicious...well if it was here's why...
https://www.mediafire.com/?xcj75q9ccceyjwc tadah~ early release for you! made by well me. Enjoy and probably rage too.

I should probably give proper credit to whoever did the spanish translation but no credit was found I might add that later.

If there's any glaring errors point it out and I'll fix it, just don't expect it to be in par with Yuri Project since I translated a translated version.

Ahahahaha oh shit oh god! This was the most hilarious chapter to date!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

New release?
Snaaaap.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Ah, so it seems it's finally moving from an arc focused on Mei's development to one focused on Yuzu's. It's about time this happens, though I'm not complaining. Confession bear: I'm a sucker for angst. * fan-squealed all the way through Sasameki Koto * so I loved the previous chapters, even though some stuff was quite predictable. I already like Sara. I hope she'll be around for a while and won't get hurt too badly (since it's Citrus, I guess she's destined to get hurt...) She's cute. Also, I still want Matsuri to admit defeat to Mei by pointing at her, preferably after the two had a tennis match, and say "You are the chosen one." It'd be all the more awesome since now we have a character, who believes in destiny. XD

@Rye: Thanks for your hard work! * bows * It was a pretty good translation, though there are 2 little things I want to point out: On the second page, Mei says: "I just want to thank for all have done..." There should be a "you" between all and have. Also, I can't really remember if Mei ever called her father "dad", but I'm at least pretty sure she always referred to her grandfather as "grandfather", so reading her say "grandpa" seems a little ooc.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 7:35AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

About the errors: fixed the 1st one oops and I want to add something on the other one, it was translated to Papá=dad not Padre=Father and Abuelo which means grandfather, grandad and grandpa I decided 'pa because of the "dad" but I should have check earlier chapters. Either way all fixed now

About the chapter itself: I raged on my first read because they barely talk now aka back to square one, so I was like FUUUUU. The second thing was Sara or the twins rather another "rival" feels unnecessary at this point. I don't hate the chapter but more drama coming up yay...? I just think it's been dragged

I'll read all the comments at least until the "proper version" is out

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

About the chapter itself: I raged on my first read because they barely talk now aka back to square one, so I was like FUUUUU. The second thing was Sara or the twins rather another "rival" feels unnecessary at this point. I don't hate the chapter but more drama coming up yay...? I just think it's been dragged

Well, that reaction is pretty normal between teenagers. I had a girlfriend that would gave me the cold shoulder if I rejected her attempts for a "sexy time". So is perfectly reasonable that Mei felt offended by Yuzu and Yuzu, being the airhead she is it hasn't realized Mei's true reason to be upset

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 4:46PM

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

@Dark_Tzitzimine:
As a response to "therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon."
If I'm not mixing it up with one of the other mangas I'm currently reading, I think I've once read somewhere, that Citrus is planned to have 3 volumes. Right now, I think we're halfway through volume 2, so judging by the length of volume 1, I guess there'll be 6 or 7 more chapters until it ends. So I guess, if the release schedule remains the way it is, it'll end sometime in fall 2015. o.o
That aside, personally, I don't think Mei is upset simply because Yuzu rejected the sexy time. I think it's more about how she interprets the meaning of Yuzu's rejection. Remember the other time when Mei tried to seduce Yuzu and got rejected? She didn't react that upset back then. However, this time she was trying to really open up to Yuzu and convey her feelings. She wasn't forcing her or making rash advances, she was offering herself and allowed Yuzu to take the lead. Yuzu however, rejected her since she seemingly wasn't ready for this level of intimacy yet. But to Mei it must have felt like Yuzu didn't only reject the sex, but also the chance of "taking a peek inside Mei's heart." I speak from experience when I say that getting your feelings rejected like this feels like a slap in the face and even though it's unreasonable to be mad at the person who rejects you, for a while it simply won't be possible to act like everything's ok around them. I think Yuzu actually really hurt Mei with that rejection and now Mei might be trying to avoid Yuzu as best as she can cause it hurts her to be around Yuzu. That's just my interpretation though.

last edited at Dec 6, 2014 5:52PM

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

@Dark_Tzitzimine:
As a response to "therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon."
If I'm not mixing it up with one of the other mangas I'm currently reading, I think I've once read somewhere, that Citrus is planned to have 3 volumes. Right now, I think we're halfway through volume 2, so judging by the length of volume 1, I guess there'll be 6 or 7 more chapters until it ends. So I guess, if the release schedule remains the way it is, it'll end sometime in fall 2015. o.o

citrus already has 3 volumes

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

I don't like it how this is going to continue D:

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Haha that looks waaaaaaaay different, the spanish translation looks pretty bad now...I'll just wait next time not only because of the quality but because it feels butchered too it's missing a lot of details.

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Oh my I can't wait for the next update! I was hoping for a kiss even a peck will do. It feels like it's been so long since their last kiss haha they're my favorite pair..
I can bet that there's something between Sara and Nina too..I'll wait for the translation of that special chapter with Harumi and Matsuri, I think they're a good pair too XD

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Cliche

You're right. This was in fact a plot development done before. You know, like every plot development ever done in the history of ever. How dare this author not be the first person to ever tell a completely unique story without a single plot development having been done before.

But I dunno...I'm going to give Saburouta the benefit of the doubt that she wanted this chapter to be as predictable as it was, butttttt I have no clue if this direction will be for the better or not. I love this series on paper...but it just lacks a little in execution. Basically a far more benign version of Yui_7's works.

We shall see where this goes from here I suppose.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ugh.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Cliche

You're right. This was in fact a plot development done before. You know, like every plot development ever done in the history of ever. How dare this author not be the first person to ever tell a completely unique story without a single plot development having been done before.

But I dunno...I'm going to give Saburouta the benefit of the doubt that she wanted this chapter to be as predictable as it was, butttttt I have no clue if this direction will be for the better or not. I love this series on paper...but it just lacks a little in execution. Basically a far more benign version of Yui_7's works.

We shall see where this goes from here I suppose.

There's a difference between not being original and deliberately writing the same tropes that have been turning up in shoujo mangas for the past 15 years. It's gotten boring, 2-Dimentional and cliched, and like it or not that's a FLAW.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 12:10AM

Snapshot_20141129
joined Apr 12, 2014

WADEHEL :v

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This series is so amazingly terrible. It's like a step away from self-parody at this point

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

but yet here we all are still reading the series lmao, this series is our guilty pleasure whether we like or not lol. I love the series yes its cliche at times and has sometimes pointless arguments but by golly I cant help but to love all those moments, while hating myself at the same time for loving them! The art is also very very appealing as well very beautiful and I can see it being made into an anime with no doubt.The manga has its flaws but the pairing is just too damn hot to ignore. So yes I will admit I LOVE the manga !! SO WHAT!?

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

... god... DAMMIT!!!!! D:<

I genuinely don't care anymore..

now who isn't being considerate of other people's feelings... Mei finally thinks she can open up to someone and... Here Yuzu is truly only thinking about one thing, having sex with Mei. On the other hand Mei was telling Yuzu a lot in that moment and you know what... I feel bad for Mei, but if Yuzu can't figure it out, she doesn't deserve to end up with anyone.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 12:31AM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Edit: ^In her defense Mei made it sound like sex was her way of showing graudude not romantic interest. Like she wasn't doing it because she wanted to which for people with high moral standards, aka not me, would be a big turn off. But who cares about that, Yuzu is a useless lesbian. I say let the loli have Mei.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 12:40AM

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

I don't think there is something that can be called original nowadays. I mean countless stories with every possible plots and scenes have been made over the years so there's no avoiding how cliche stories are nowadays. So I think it's just how you play with those scenes really..and no matter how cliche it is, we still get hooked that's the important thing hahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.