Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I was informed that having one of these topics would be useful so here we go. There has been some small attempts in the messy topics in the messy forums for getting people to help scanlate, but maybe this will be neater?

Anyone with moderator or uploader statuses are free to edit this post for updates.

Scanlator Recruitment

Translator The usual translation path being from Japanese -> English.

Payapaya-scans
Katyusha
Kawaii Scans
Lazy Lily
Chaos Team

Cleaner Remove foreign text from page.
Kawaii Scans
Mai88

Typesetter Place gaijin text onto page.

Kawaii Scans

Editor (cleaner and typesetter) The ultimate language juggler.

Ara Scans
Draggle
Yuri Project
Kawaii Scans

Quality Checker There's a dot in the fourth bubble next to the text you didn't remove.

Pamut
Kawaii Scans
Nevri

Projects in Need

Rather than recruit for a specific long term position, just get someone to help you do this one thing?

Material Polka - Draggle; Editor
Inugami - Sexy Akiba Translations; Editor
Yurika's Campus Life - Payapaya-scans; (Additional) Translator
Manga no Tsukurikata - Yuri Project; Editor
Gendai Majo no Shuushoku Jijou - Katyusha (Translator)
Ayame 14 - Kawaii Scans (Editor)

Lastly AudioErotica is and has been scanning raws involving lesbians or wannabe lesbians for quite some time. If you have an idea and some effort you can hit her up for raws to begin your descent into scanlation.

last edited at May 20, 2018 3:23PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Active Project List

Divulge Mostly does Takemiya Jin stuff

• Kuzushiro: LOVE/DEATH
  • Amano Shuninta: Bombshells (anthology)
  • Takemiya Jin: Steps (anthology)
  • Takemiya Jin: Game (anthology)
  • Takemiya Jin: Chouchou Nannan
  • Takemiya Jin: Doujinshi (Valentine’s Magic, girl meets girl -revised edition-, First Love’s Pledge, It’s Just, Looking at You Turns Me On (1 & 2), Mix)
  • Takemiya Jin: Rakuen Web One-Shots (as they get released)

nhfh scanlations Extremely gay for Love Live! right now
Due to unstable schedules/unplanned laziness this list will only consist of projects that are already in QC.

• [NicoMaki] NicoMaki Instant Ecchi - Ooshima Tomo*
  • [UmiEri] Aoku Mizuiro na Watashi - tMnR*
  • [RinMaki] Oikakete / Tsukamaete - Ushiki Yoshitaka*

Feel free to contact us via Tumblr or machigai.nerds@gmail.com for any questions and concerns.

Others can post the relevant information below or directly edit this post.

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 3:30AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

^the translator/editor (Rankarana) of that one posts on gamefaqs. you can probably contact them via PM on gfaqs or i can send them one or something.

Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

Looking for translators for the following:

• Mebae especially Kitsuku DAITE Honey
  • Michiwarikusa Monogatari - Vampire After the Doomsday
  • Scape-God (only one chapter left)
  • Comic Lily/Comic Lily Plus series
  • Assistant Denki Keika

I have and can scan most yuri series and magazines for translators needing raws.

Just reply on irc at irc://irc.rizon.net/payapaya or at the Payapaya-scans website.

Let's make more yuri!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 2:46AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Due to unstable schedules/unplanned laziness this list will only consist of projects that are already in QC.

nhfh scanlations Extremely gay for Love Live! right now
* [NicoMaki] NicoMaki Instant Ecchi - Ooshima Tomo*
* [UmiEri] Aoku Mizuiro na Watashi - tMnR*
* [RinMaki] Oikakete / Tsukamaete - Ushiki Yoshitaka*

Feel free to contact us via Tumblr or machigai.nerds@gmail.com for any questions and concerns.

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 2:24AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Updated the earlier post; feel free to edit that one directly, though

[RinMaki] Oikakete / Tsukamaete - Ushiki Yoshitaka*

...RinMaki?

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

That's cool, I just didn't want to edit your post because I don't like reading through long posts myself, so I just replied instead of edited.

Also YES RINMAKI! It's by the same artist who's current drawing Yumekui Merry, so the art is SUPER FUCKING CUTE.

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 11:11AM

joined Dec 14, 2014

I just made this account to ask if any of you could scanlate this Korean webtoon called "Seollaeneun Gibun" (설레는 기분, roughly translated "Fluttering Emotions/Feelings of Excitement"). It's found in the Korean comic app called "comico" (not the Japanese version; available only for Android atm).

Preview:

http://www.instiz.net/pt/2440129

P.S. It's confirmed yuri.

Erm, sorry for spamming, but I just discovered that it's being published in Japanese comico as well (available for both iOS and Android). Unfortunately, the chapter releases are a lot slower; the Korean version is in Chapter 14 whereas the Japanese version is in Chapter 2.

Bonus pics (from author's blog):

http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220067551776
http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220050576057

Oh look, Comico Japan is available on web. (Really sorry for the spam...)

http://www.comico.jp/detail.nhn?titleNo=4414&articleNo=1&vm=tit_als

last edited at Dec 14, 2014 11:37AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

You can click the big blue "Edit" button - top right of your post - rather than making a new post each time, I condensed everything into one for you.

Someone is already working on that series, and it will be uploaded soon (hopefully). In future, requests should be put in their own thread, though the chances of anyone picking something up because of a request are very slim.

last edited at Dec 14, 2014 11:39AM

joined Dec 14, 2014

Aha! Thanks for the notice. Sorry 'bout that!

YAY to the scanlator!!! This is such a good series it'd be such a waste if it doesn't get scanlated for our English-speaking yuri community... I'm excited!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

In future, requests should be put in their own thread, though the chances of anyone picking something up because of a request are very slim.

Especially if they're in Korean.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there any place where I can ask if something is already being scanlated? As a soloist, it’s more useful to me to know if a recent work is already claimed, or if it's up for grabs.
(Specifically, I have my eye on that new Waraguki Pixiv doujinshi.)

Probably the right place to ask, though you may also want to check ... wherever Pixiv stuff is usually translated. Is that something YP does?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there any place where I can ask if something is already being scanlated?

Silly, if there was there'd be no scanlation drama. Scanlation without drama is like yuri without girls!

As a soloist, it’s more useful to me to know if a recent work is already claimed, or if it's up for grabs.
(Specifically, I have my eye on that new Waraguki Pixiv doujinshi.)

This place to go for all possible things Touhou would be: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Potential_Comics

99% of Touhou stuff scanlated is done there, so it ought to answer any questions like that you may have.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

check this out:

http://gorgeous-smell-translations.tumblr.com/post/110046670694/a-brand-spanking-new-translation-group-formed-for

"A brand spanking new translation group, formed for the sole purpose of translating the Yuri Kuma Arashi manga. We’re currently looking for more help! Our group at the moment only consists of a main translator, an editor, and a misc worker who doodles stuff and cleans pages. Send us some samples of your previous translation work to our Email: g.smellies@gmail.com."

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'm confused as to what they need because it seems like they've got a full group of staff?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm confused as to what they need because it seems like they've got a full group of staff?

Three people already seems like a lot.

Edit: That is being said tongue-and-cheek.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 4:30AM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Three people don't lead to very quick releases. (speaking from experience)

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Three people don't lead to very quick releases. (speaking from experience)

Up to the minute experience.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

shinfansub asking for help

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1601674/things-you-want-translated#p1687201

"Long story short, my guys are either too busy or too beat up to typeset this doujin. I want an experienced TS'er to help me finish this Aikatsu doujin. I will also ask you to help me assist in translating these lewd sound effects."

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't know where else to ask so sorry if that is out of place here, but... do editors and cleaners work with like, a mouse? Or a drawing tablet? Cause I imagine doing that with a mouse would be pretty annoying.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I don't know where else to ask so sorry if that is out of place here, but... do editors and cleaners work with like, a mouse? Or a drawing tablet? Cause I imagine doing that with a mouse would be pretty annoying.

I don't own a tablet, unfortunately. Everything is done by mouse and if I absolutely have to redraw something I cry and use the clonestamp tool poorly,

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I don't have a tablet either. I use a touch pad on a laptop. It's probably better than a mouse at least. I do redraws with the clone stamp when I can. I also use the line tool (great for redrawing boxes or anything else line based), the brush and occasionally other tools or tricks (the main trick being to take a break or put it off when I see a complex redraw coming).

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 1:10AM

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

I'm in the no tablet club as well, but I imagine you can get similar or equal results with some sense of artistic skill. I don't have that either though.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm in the no tablet club as well, but I imagine you can get similar or equal results with some sense of artistic skill. I don't have that either though.

People with special powers should get our Editor-san a special Divulge Scans title, too.

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 6:44AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the answers. Since I own a tablet for drawing, I might actually try myself at editing and look how that goes. I was always a little discouraged by editors saying it's ultra hard and time consuming work. It probably still is even with a tablet and I'm going to give up like 10 minutes in but oh well.

I'm honestly pretty sure you can't, at least when using the freer tools like brushes. That's just my experience with drawing though, editing might be way different.

Anyways, my respect towards editors certainly just grew a lot.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Honestly the artistic skill is probably the placement of texts. I don't like to redraw with mouse because that's a pain in the ass so I rely on placement of texts to cover up things here and there. Editing is really not that hard, it can be a real chore sometimes because of the quality of the raw you're working on. Of course, being generally interested in what you're working on also helps making it easier. I'd say it's definitely more of a testament of your patience and ability to pay attention to small details.

To reply you must either login or sign up.